Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Plotting Thread: Hide in the shadows, or bask in uncertainty.

Started by IcarusDescension, December 06, 2014, 10:56:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ethereal-Star

Somehow I can't see Morguen as a way to add humor to a story... She is all serious about her role and any humor she would have had as a human has pretty much died... But I know that isn't what you meant though. If there is a point where the murderer is mentioned with a bounty placed on their head, my character WOULD find that funny in a dark and twisted sort of way. Since they would never be able to find her, much less capture her. It would be funny for a short time though, but that would be it.

visualspice

Well, mages certainly add nice drama to any Connlaothian story, and I'm always a fan of drama so <3
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

IcarusDescension

I'm a bit late on this reply, sorry about that. I somehow missed the 'new post' notification on this thread (a couple times apparently.) But anywho...

Yeah so Star I think you're on to something here. We have Temujin who strikes me as the warrior type, everyone's favorite comic and hero of luck The Gambler, and Liri who is -well I'm not sure what exactly- but anyway a mage character seems like a vacant role and Obsidian seems like a good fit there. If you like the idea I think it's a good one.

So there's my two-cents worth.

Ethereal-Star

I've been thinking about why Obsidian could possibly be in Connloath at this time. I've come up with two possible reasons, the first which I prefer.

1. Obsidian has heard through word of mouth and gossip that has traveled to the Serendipity elementalist mage guild that she is a part of (my guild by the way) that someone was murdered by means of magical fire. Naturally the guild would want to investigate the reasons and motives for such since they don't abide needless assassination by magical methods unless it is needed. Killing someone in cold blood would get their attention if it was done by an elemental source. So they send Obsidian and only her as more than one mage in Connloath might attract unwanted attention, to seek out whatever information she is able to gather in terms of this unfortunate event. Talk to whoever, gain what tidbits of knowledge she can and only use her magic in case she absolutely needs to to avoid scrutiny by Connloathian authorities. She would need to blend in and leave her mage garb, staff and book behind at the guild, therefore donning a traveling outfit instead with the necessary supplies needed for the journey. When she has gathered what information she can, she is to return to Serendipity and report her findings. Then from there, the guild can decide on a further course of action. The guild is also concerned that such magic use that was undoubtedly used to kill an innocent person may further ignite hatred towards mages in general and so they want to intervene to try to prevent this from happening or to at least lessen its effects. The problem with this idea is I'm not sure how fast news would travel to and from nations especially if there were so few witnesses to begin with. Although, I would think in a mage-fearing country, news like this would spread like wildfire. Correct me if I'm wrong? Or if the guild has magical means to determine this sort of thing. They are not seers though although that's not to say some of the members won't have such an ability as long as they possess some form of elemental magic as well.

2. Idea number two is more simple in that Obsidian is simply visiting a grieving friend who recently lost her husband in the civil war. She is going there to help her friend out around the cottage she lives in and to prevent her friend from sinking into a deep depression over the loss. Obsidian would make her way out and about, hearing about the incident and then on her own terms want to discover more about it and how she could possibly help.

Whichever one sounds like the best idea is what I will pick but I need you all's opinions first. Then I can introduce the character.

IcarusDescension

LOL! Loved your post Ahnnie. Poor Temujin, to think all he was trying to do was mind his own business...

Anyway, as far as Obsidian goes I agree time could be an issue -but that's depending on how far away she was to start with and at what point exactly you want to make her entrance- since it has not yet been even a day since the murder occurred. Not that it couldn't work. After all I don't know her guild but it seems like a guild of magic users might have ways of keeping watch on the world around them other than mere hearsay. -Again I don't know if that's true as I'm still new to this world, I'm just guessing.

Or another route you could go is to say that she was already tasked to that area for something. After all we really don't know anything about this strange medallion but it seems valuable and obviously word of its location has gotten around somewhat or the thugs wouldn't be looking for it. Perhaps she knows more about it than the rest of us at this point?

The grieving friend idea seems plausible enough too. You're obviously not one to just throw something up that doesn't make sense (for which I'm grateful) so I'm sure whichever direction you choose to go it will be a great entrance! Looking forward to it.

-This reminds me. Even if Obsidian's entrance has nothing to do with the medallion specifically I'm still trying to come up with sufficiently intriguing ideas as to what it's significance is really. Probably should have come up with an idea before starting the thread but I tend to be a bit weak on foresight... (*crack* goes the whip - bad storyteller!)

Anyhow I was thinking of throwing in a few posts of NPCs that take place in the background of our story to start laying down both some answers and further mystery on that front. -Sort of a background thread that anyone of us could continue and build upon when we want something to post about while we're waiting for the main story to unfold.

Wanted to get your reactions first though in case anyone has specific ideas in mind for that thread of our story.

Ethereal-Star

Go right ahead. :) I wouldn't mind some NPC posts if it explains stuff and adds more to the suspense going.

I could think of what this medallion possibly is and if I do it would need to be something the guild would have an interest in (ie: having some elemental power of its own for instance as well as possibly other uses).

But yeah, I might even combine the two ideas together-and you're right about the time issue-there wouldn't be enough time that has passed by in order for them to act just yet. But the medallion bit seems promising. :)

And just to reassure you, not all details need to be worked out beforehand. Sometimes its better to just let things flow naturally and come when they come. And of course, let others add their own to the story that is developing. So no worries, you're doing a great job!

Ahnnie

visualspice

As a random comment (though it somewhat applies to this thread)- I was thinking about potentially starting a small group thread around Mae'leena's dilemma of 'oh my god I'm pregnant and the baby's due soon!' I might post something up elsewhere on the plotting board but figured since I put some thoughts here with you guys, I'd let you know~
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

visualspice

Actually.. now that I posted this, it might be humorous for her to have a 'run in' with bucket head lol - I mean Temu- so maybe she still will make an appearance in this thread lol

Ahnnie

OMG that would be so funny! I'mma go edit my post so the bucket stays on his head XD

visualspice

In my next reply, should I have her literally running into him?

Ahnnie

Yeah that would sound great XD. But I think you should post her now, after Icarus' post, cuz there's not much for me to write about Temujin in that case other than he's losing breath from the bucket. Once Mae'leena comes in though there'll be plenty to write about XDDD.

visualspice

Okay- I'll work on a reply here shortly. I have plans this evening so must get at least one posty in before I start my day *_*

Also is it okay if I take some liberties in how Mae'leena enters/ encounters Sir Bucket Head? lol

visualspice

And Mae'leena has been added to the plot AS IT THICKENS lol
sorry my post is rambly x.x
I don't normally edit my posts (just lack of time and I'd rather post as much as I can since it's so fun XD ) but as stated earlier, if there's any confusion or if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Ahnnie

If Temujin is acting chivalric now it's because pregnant women are highly respected in his society :3. I should add more of the values and inner workings of the Horse Nomads to the info article at the end of his profile. I mean I have it all planned out (it's largely based on Mongolian culture anyway, with some additions of mine own) but I've been too lazy to put it into words.

visualspice

I feel bad for him, since Mae'leena might take advantage of that- or just remain cranky and rotten towards him since she's so darn irritable XD

Ethereal-Star

I think that would make for more amusing moments if Mae'leena *did* take advantage of that fact.

My two cents anyway.

Obsidian I hope will make an appearance soon, so stay tuned. Since Morguen seems to be more or less out of the picture for now.