Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Stroll Through the Forest (Vyraena)

Started by Wicked Basket, December 15, 2014, 08:34:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wicked Basket

Gen backflipped over the giant blade and then used a blast of air to launch himself at Kiri, aiming to slash her across the stomach.

Vyraena

Before she even turned around, the giant scythe wrapped around behind her to parry the blade, continuing from the same motion she had used to swing at him. After parrying the attack, she kept with the motion of the blade, bringing it back around to swing at Gen's right arm.

Wicked Basket

Fortunately for Gen, a sword was quicker to maneuver than a giant scythe and he was able to get his blade into position to meet the incoming blade. Knowing he could not outright stop something with that much momentum, he angled his sword to deflect the strike before swinging a punch at Kiri's face. Though he considered creating some space between them, he knew that staying close would make the sheer size of his opponent's weapon a disadvantage, so he would try staying too close for Kiri to effectively bring her weapon to bare.

Vyraena

As his hand moved towards her face, she brought one of her arms up to deflect it. She also leaned out of the way in case that wouldn't be enough, and brought her tail around to try to knock Gen's legs out from under him.

(OOC: I feel the need to mention that even though Kiri's scythe is massive, she wields it with one arm, passing it between her hands as she needs to. Not sure if this will be relevant at all, but putting it out there just in case it is xD)

Wicked Basket

Realizing the trouble he was in, Gen allowed himself to be tripped by Kiri's tale only to roll away and then immediately upright himself with another blast of air.

"Not bad," Gen told her. "You've obviously done this before."

Vyraena

"Do you hear them, singing in the wind when Soulsong is swung? The thousands of souls that it has captured?" Kiri smirked. "They once all stood before me, just as you are now."

Wicked Basket

"Well that's morbid," Gen stated. "Though I do enjoy singing, I think I'll just stick with the standing thing."

Vyraena

Kiri clenched her teeth. If there was one thing she hated more than anything else, it was someone who didn't fear her. She was the physical embodiment of death and despair.

"If that's what you believe, then so be it." She said as she twirled Soulsong around her.

Wicked Basket

"I do believe it," Gen replied. "It's all about the power of positive thinking, my dear."

Gen readied his blade once more. She was angry. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, and this was a woman that was actually from hell, so her getting angry would probably be twice as bad.

Vyraena

The demonic runes on the blade of Kiri's scythe began to glow an ominous blue. She swung the scythe again, this time with far greater speed and accuracy than before. The runes would make the scythe feel light and easy to control, and Kiri's combat ability drastically increased when they activated.

She unleashed a flurry of swings at the man, moving the scythe all in one fluid motion.

Wicked Basket

Gen took and a deep breath and concentrated as the scythe neared. The moment it came close, he sprung into action. He parried, dodged, and blocked every blow that came his way. His movements were so fluid and precise that it seemed so unreal the a blind man would be able to move so smoothly and efficiently. She may have had demonic power on her side, but Gen had years of training and conditioning to prepare him for any opponent that he may face.

Vyraena

As she continued to cascade blows with her scythe, Kiri swung her tail aimed at Gen's stomach, hoping to knock him down. More runes were activating on her scythe, and her speed and strength kept increasing with every one activated.

Wicked Basket

Seeing Kiri's tale coming in for another strike, Gen decided to let her help him disengage once more. Gen took the blow, but made it knock him backwards rather than down. Using his elemental abilities he ensured a safe flight before landing on the ground. Now with some breathing room, he took the time to examine his opponent once more.

Gen could tell that she was somehow getting faster, but he didn't know how. The limitations of his Air Sight meant that he was unable to see the runes on Kiri's weapon and the fact that it was glowing. Still, having fought the self-proclaimed fastest man alive as well as the self-proclaimed strongest man alive and had beaten them both, he figured that fighting them both in one person just saved him time.

"You're really not fooling around are you," Gen observed readying his blade yet again.

Vyraena

"I never fool around. Life isn't a game that's made to be taken lightly, especially when it can be taken from you so easily." Kiri replied. Something about this man's relaxed personality irked her. By now, most humans would be scared beyond belief.

"As for you, you seem more capable than most other humans. It's not often that a fight gets my blood boiling like this."

Wicked Basket

"I'll take that as a compliment," Gen told her. "You're not too bad either. Very few opponents have given me this much of a challenge."

Vyraena

By now, every rune on Soulsong was glowing, and Kiri was at her maximum power. "Let's see what else you can do."

Wicked Basket

"As you wish."

The wind began to pick up, filling the air with the sound of thousands of rustling leaves as a swirling mass of air began moving around them. Gen rarely demonstrated the full extent of his power, but he decided that he could show a little of it for this occasion. With wind increasing its speed, hearing and seeing became all but impossible. Gen, however, was not at all affected. He was in his element now more than ever.

"I bet that massive blade really catches the wind," Gen shouted over the gale. "I hope that won't be too much of a hindrance."

Vyraena

Kiri smirked, and her blood really began to boil now. She hadn't had this much fun in a long time. It wasn't all about killing, it was about making the kill; and the more challenging it was, the more rewarding it felt.

For ordinary weapons, the wind would provide a huge problem. They would be hard to control, and the wind would provide a lot of resistance. However, Soulsong was not an ordinary weapon. Swinging the scythe in a full circle around her, the blade seemed to cut through the wind.

Although there was one problem for Kiri. The intense wind clouded her vision and deafened her, even with senses that were far superior to that of a human. Without sight and sound, she would have to rely on instinct, as well as Soulsong, to do the fighting for her.

Wicked Basket

Gen merely shrugged to himself after not receiving a response from his opponent. She probably had not heard him over the wind. She had swung her scythe around a bit, but that was it. It seemed as though her weapon would not be as hindered as he thought, but her senses certainly would be. Instead of waiting for her this time, Gen decided to take the initiative.

With his blade at the ready, Gen shot forward toward his foe. The wind seemed to carry him as he hurtled toward his opponent, ready to strike. Before he made contact, he made sure that the wind was blowing directly into Kiri's face in order to provide as much of a hindrance as possible as he aimed for a slash at her thigh.

Vyraena

Kiri wasn't worried, even though she couldn't see. After all, her scythe was more than just a weapon. It was an extension of herself, and she could hear it's voice. Also, while the wind was more than enough to blind Kiri, it was impossible to blind a blade. Below... The scythe spoke to Kiri in her head.

She smirked and swung the blade straight down in front of her, parrying the attack just in time to avoid any significant damage. Unable to deflect it completely, a large cut was drawn across the side of Kiri's left leg. However, this didn't stop her, and she spun around Gen, building off the momentum Soulsong had already made, and swung the blade around again to attack.

(OOC: The idea is that Soulsong is part of Kiri, and it has grown along with her. After collecting souls, it has become somewhat of a "living thing". I've been meaning to update her profile and include this, but if there's any problems with it for right now let me know.)