Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Distant Memories, Future Visions [Glob!][M]

Started by Vyraena, December 15, 2014, 11:02:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vyraena

Vyraena lay in bed, staring up at the ceiling. She couldn't sleep for some reason. After hours of lying there, she couldn't take it anymore and got up to walk around her room in the inn she was staying at.

It had been a while since her contract in Arca, but she had yet to leave. There was something she liked about being in the city better than her small cabin back in Moonspear. There were more people to be around, more activities going on during the day... and far more knowledge. Libraries could be found throughout the city, and it was like a dream come true for her.

As she paced around her room, she thought back to her adventures through the ancient ruins a while back, and walked over to the table that was next to her bed. She picked up the ring that the Formians had given her, and studied it closely. She had tried to convince many people of the events that had happened that day. She told them of the underground ruins and of the still existing Formians, and of the Formians' wish to work with Humanity, but no one seemed to listen. Vyraena gave a sigh of disappointment. "I really am trying my best." She thought out loud.

Whenever she thought about the ruins, she thought about Kruz'Iik. The Mindshifter had told her that she could call out to him at any point and he would be there. Vyraena had been feeling lonely the past few days, but she didn't want to trouble him just for that. After all, he was a being of absolute power and infinite knowledge.

Maybe just once. She thought to herself. If he came to me just once, I would be satisfied.

DaGlobster

Kruz'Iik was busy observing his latest long term experiment. It was such an amusing little thing to him. The poor subjects had no idea what was truly happening. To them, they were just steadily falling in love, but Kruz'Iik had some grander purpose planned out, for the both of them.

Suddenly, it came to him, like a whisper on the wind. He smiled, already having some kind of idea as to what today could hold for him.

Mere seconds passed after Vyraena's thoughts left, when a familiar sensation entered her mind, a feeling she only had when she was in proximity to Kruz'Iik. It was that pleasant sort of tenseness in the air, like a being of great power was straining it just by being there.

When she turned, she'd find Kruz'Iik standing there, in the form he had used the last time they met, mere feet away from her.

"You called?"

Vyraena

Vyraena turned to see the Mindshifter. He looked exactly as she remembered, even though she knew it was not his true form. She smiled a little at the rapidity of his response to her thoughts. Also, she couldn't help but wonder if he had been thinking about her at all... and when she realized he would be hearing this, she blushed.

"Ah, so you came after all!" Vyraena exclaimed. "I didn't want to bother you for such an irrelevant reason, just... I don't know. I was thinking about the past."

She sat down on the edge of her bed, and motioned to her side. "You can sit, if you would prefer." She said to the Mindshifter. She placed the ring back on the table and cupped her chin with her hands, staring out the window into the night sky. "You've been well, I assume?"

DaGlobster

Kruz'Iik loved it when she thought of something embarrassing, then immediately remembered he could hear her thoughts. Her little blushes were her most amusing quality. Giving Vyraena a grateful nod, Kruz'Iik sat down next to her, listening to her speak. "I wasn't really doing anything interesting, it's of no bother to me" Kruz'Iik started. Hearing her question, the Mindshifter chuckled.

"I've been keeping myself entertained. All this time, and there wasn't a moment of it where you didn't cross my thoughts."

Vyraena

"It's been lonely here in Arca." Vyraena explained as she lay back to look at the ceiling. "I've made a few friends, of course. But I need something more."

She closed her eyes and sighed, then sat back up and looked at the ring the Formians gave her. She picked it up and held it close to her heart. "On top of that, I've also failed an entire civilization..."

DaGlobster

Kruz'Iik sat still for a few moments, before he reached over, taking the hand that held the ring into his own. His endless eyes looked into hers. "Humans need time to accept new ideas. Perhaps, you might be telling the wrong people. Have you ever given some thought as to where the Formian's home might be?"

Vyraena

"I have thought about it. If they said they were hiding somewhere no one would find them and they had rich mineral deposits, the only place that would make sense would be the Terrin Mountains. But it could be anywhere in the mountains." Vyraena said as she let out a sigh.

"But even if I could figure out where it was, convincing people to go there, or even that it exists, would be next to impossible. This task is just too much for one person..."

DaGlobster

"Then I will help you. There's one more detail you're missing, Vyraena..." Kruz'Iik started.

"The Formians who gave you that ring spoke of great fire-lizards. Have you considered the Adelan Thunderblack mountains? it would certainly narrow down your search. I can think of only three major peaks in that area."

Vyraena

Vyraena had never even considered that. She had assumed that since the ruins she had explored were in Serendipity, the current civilization would be as well. She felt so oblivious.

"I... I hadn't..." She was at a loss for words. If she had only been able to piece together the whole thing, it would have been so much easier from the start. She shook her head and focused. "I suppose that would make more sense. Also, thank you for your offer to help. Let's start heading to Adela tomorrow, then?"

(I'm not sure if Kruz'Iik could take them there instantly with his powers, but for the sake of incorporating some opportunities for Vyraena to use her magic, I'd prefer if they traveled by foot even if he has this capability.)

DaGlobster

(gotcha)

"It is the least I can do. I will travel with you." Kruz'Iik said, glancing about the room. He hadn't really focused o it much until now, but Vyraena could definitely be doing worse for herself. Her accommodations were quaint, if not a bit simple.

An idea crossed his mind.

Standing up from the bed, he turned to face her, glancing out the window. "Very well then, I will see you tomorrow morning," He said, looking over to the door as he stretched his neck a bit. Of course, he was expecting her to stop him.

Vyraena

"Actually, before you go... umm..." Vyraena started. She wasn't sure it was the best idea, but she figured it would be better than nothing.

"You see, I've been all alone the past few weeks... and being alone is just awful sometimes. So, I guess what I'm asking is..."

DaGlobster

"No need to continue..." Kruz'Iik said, sitting back down on the edge of the bed. He placed his hand against her cheek, looking into her eyes.

Vyraena

"Don't take this for more than it is. I've just been lonely is all." She said as he took his seat next to her.

DaGlobster

"By now, you should know you cannot lie to me, Vyraena. Regardless, I will alleviate your loneliness. Would you prefer a different form this time?" He asked as he laid a hand on her thigh and idly started to stroke it.

Vyraena

"I may not be able to lie to you, but at least I can lie to myself." She said with a smirk.

"Whatever form you prefer, it's of no concern to me. Honestly, whichever one you think will work best, if you catch my drift. Although I would have to ask that we can go back to the lake. This inn room is so dull and boring."

DaGlobster

"At once."

With that, the inn room around them blurred away, and much like the time before, it was all replaced by the same exact scene. Except this time, Kruz'Iik's form blurred out as well. For a few moments, she was alone on that single tree island, before the sound of grass rustling brought attention to someone behind her.

Kruz'Iik looked dramatically different. He appeared to be a tall, perfectly muscled human, except his skin was chalky white, and his eyes were a solid, glowing blue. Geometric golden lines ran in symmetrical and eye-pleasing patterns across his hairless body, and the only clothing he wore was a simple pair of linen shorts.

"I hypothesize that a more human form would better facilitate our activities, but it is clear to me that you desire something more than human. I think this form is a nice in-between, do you agree?"

Vyraena

Vyraena smiled. "It should work fine." She replied, as she walked towards the tree and sat down with her back against it. She looked up at the leaves and flowers, and after a while she closed her eyes. It was so serene and relaxing here.

"I suppose it's only natural that I should find this place the most suitable for me. After all, it is the place I discovered my magic. A memory like that is not one easily forgotten, and there's a sort of nostalgia this place brings that just calms me down."

DaGlobster

"Yes, being here..." Kruz'Iik trailed off as he sat down next to Vyraena. "I have seen the memories associated with this place, and now I feel the same."

He wrapped an arm around Vyraena, taking a deep breath of the clean air around them. The cherry tree smelled just as sweet as the first time he had been here with her.

Vyraena

Vyraena knew that Kruz'Iik had all the same memories as her, but continued on anyway, talking more to herself than to him. "Just after breaking ties with my family, I was wandering back through the forest and came across this lake. I was so consumed by rage that at first I couldn't even appreciate it's beauty." She paused for a second and shifted around a little, so that now her head was resting on Kruz'Iik's shoulder.

"In the morning when I woke up, the sun was rising behind the cherry tree. It was so beautiful, and the light shined in such a peculiar way on the water. As the shadows of the trees moved with the light, I came to the realization that helped me crack the code." She closed her eyes, and could see it all perfectly clearly in her mind.

"Anyway, I'm sure we both realize we didn't come here for me to reminisce about the place."

DaGlobster

Kruz'Iik nodded along to Vyraena's story. It was true, he had already picked through her entire lifetime and got the knowledge he needed, following her steps on her road to discovering her Blacklight magic. It was always a grand experience for Kruz'Iik to live out someone's past through their eyes, so see what they saw. In fact, he had made some modifications to Vyraena's theory, something that he reminded himself to share with her later.

For now, there was the business at hand.

"No, we did not." kruz'Iik said as he took Vyraena's chin up between a few of his fingers, and actually smiled this time. He leaned in to kiss her deeply, his other arm wrapping around her waist.