Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Assault on Sunspear [Accepting Multiple People!]

Started by Vyraena, December 21, 2014, 12:56:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vyraena

For the background information on Sunspear, please read the history of my character Liadrin Sunspear. Some references made in this thread will make no sense unless you read through this.

Introduction
Liadrin's father, Draharus, has mysteriously gone missing, and after weeks of searching has been presumed dead. Her mother, Vemaerin, has gone into a state of depression and grieving, and has left Sunspear on a journey to try and find her husband. Meanwhile, Caedryn, Liadrin's elder brother and heir to House Sunspear, has taken his place as head of the house. Unlike his father, Caedryn rules with brutality and apathy for the lesser houses that serve him, as well as the commoners who live in Sunspear (the city where House Sunspear rules, named after them for Syndarian Sunspear's funding of the construction of the city). Eventually, Caedryn gets to the point where he begins to build up his army in order to launch an assault on Arca, so that he can overthrow the "inferior beings" and appoint High Elves to the ruling authority. When Alara, Liadrin's sister, writes to her informing her of Caedryn's actions, as well as his horrific treatment of Alara herself, Liadrin becomes outraged and vows to Alara that she will defeat Caedryn herself. She then began to gather companions who would help her in her assault on Sunspear.

Plot
This plot calls for the adventure that Liadrin and her new friends go on to reach Sunspear, as well as a full out assault on the city itself. There will be vivid battle scenes, as well as character dialogue to build bonds between the characters involved. The adventure that they take along the way is equally as important to the plot as the assault on the city itself.

Aspects that I would love to be included are:

• Friendship/Bonding
  • Romance
  • Betrayal
  • Sabotage
  • Injury
  • Roadblocks/Interference

Characters needed include (but are not limited to):

• Liadrin's Allies
  • Hired Mercenaries (these could be NPCs)
  • Caedryn's Spies/Soldiers (these could also be NPCs)

Since I created the background on Sunspear, I will be posting as Liadrin as well as the NPC Caedryn, just so that we can get an idea of what is going on in Sunspear while Liadrin and her allies are making their way there. I'll be doing this in single posts, separating Liadrin's part from Caedryn's with a horizontal rule.

If this idea is of interest to anyone, please post here or PM me with what character you want to bring in, as well as what you would like to do with them. I'm hoping this can generate at least a decent amount of interest and we can turn this into a really fun thread for everyone involved. Also, if you have any ideas on how to make this better, feel free to PM me as I am always open to criticism/suggestions, as long as they are constructive.

Ethereal-Star

This sounds really neat, I'm interested. I offer up my character Dilwen, who needs some good RP opportunities. She is also in Darken Vei, so this should work beautifully. I was thinking she would support Liadrin's cause to overthrow her brother and stop his army from harming innocent people. She has storm magic (thunder and lightning) and healing (life) magic so would be good in both an offensive and support role.

Now for a question and a comment. First off the question: where exactly is Sunspear based? In Darken Vei? I read the profile but I am not sure if this was covered or not. My comment is that if Caedryn plans to attack Arca, that is where the Queen lives and the ruling house of Serendipity. I'm sure you know this already but just wanted to say that perhaps some other characters should include members of Arca's ruling house and even the Queen herself? But don't ask me who plays the Queen as I don't know. This is something you may want to ask Rhi-Rhi about.

Other than that, I'd love to join this thread once you get it set up. 

Vyraena

Sunspear is in Darken Vei. It's an isolated city that only harbors elves. I was thinking about getting the ruling house involved, but as you said I don't know who has those characters, or if they'd be interested. For the most part, Caedryn is going to be attacking smaller cities or villages. The idea would be that (hopefully) Liadrin and her allies would launch an assault on Sunspear before he could gather enough strength to be able to siege Arca.

I'm glad to know you're interested. I'm hoping to get a few more people involved before I start setting something up, because I'd rather not start something that doesn't have enough interest for it to be successful. As soon as I get something going, a link will be posted here.

Ethereal-Star

Hundelar

Im also interested in taking part in this, i'm new arround and only have one character that could fit well in "interference". Hes a little hard to deal with, but im sure that together we can find a way to fill everything in ^^

Vyraena

Awesome. I'm not too worried about finding a way to work him in. Plenty of opportunities should present themselves.

I'm hoping for at least two or so more people before I actually get this going. Once we have enough people, we'll work out the minor details, such as posting order, who meets who when, and how many threads we want to separate this in to. Keep checking this thread as I post updates.

Nexus

Wicked Basket

I would like to throw in my ork character Gutztomp as a mercenary. He could be the betrayal aspect as his loyalty is to whoever pays him more. Caedryn could easily persuade Gutztomp to join his side by offering more than what Liadrin could even hope to offer. Having to fight an ork would serve to be quite an obstacle as well.

Vyraena

@Nexus I'm sure that will work fine. That will also make an ally that Liadrin could hire, but Caedryn would never try to. While both of them see humans as inferior, Liadrin gets along with them, and Caedryn despises them.

@Wicked Basket That would be interesting. Liadrin would definitely take anyone she could get, and Caedryn might try and persuade the ork if the opportunity presents itself, but he wouldn't go out of his way to do so. Regardless, I'm sure we can find a way for that to happen.

Now, if @Ethereal-Star and @Hundelar are still interested in this plot idea, we'd have a decent amount of people. Once everyone's ready, I'll put up a post here about how I was thinking we could set this up.

LamiaGirl

If you still had some room in this plot id like to submit my charrie aAbigale as a hired merc. She has alot to offer to a group of this nature and could really use the exposure.

Vyraena

@LamiaGirl There's still room, so feel free to bring her in! Liadrin will take all the help she can get, and this is quite the diverse group of mercenaries.

Nexus

LamiaGirl

So if its alright with you Im going to have Abigale hear about this from another NPC merc who had a bit too much to drink and talked a bit too much. She will be willing to join this quest and has no need of payment assuming that two conditions are met. The first is that she is allowed to kill and spare life at her own discretion. No one can tell her to kill or not to kill. (I assume someone will at some point). The second condition is that when the city is taken and the enemy defeated (She automatically assumed that the group will triumph) she is granted a place of residence to herself within the city walls.

Aside from that she is good to go on a moments notice. She can bring friendship/bonding to the table, as well as romance. she would also be good for rivalries or minor disagreements.

Vyraena

That works fine for me. Liadrin wants as few lives to be taken as possible, so she wouldn't have a problem with that. The only condition she would place is that if it comes down to it, she will be the one to take her brother's life.

Ethereal-Star

I'm still interested in this. Still trying to get over this blasted cold but I am more or less ready to start.

Perhaps Dilwen's involvement with events could be that she hears about the uprising within Darken Vei in the elven city of Sunspear and wants to lend aid to the side of good (in this case, Liadrin's side.) They could meet up perhaps in a town square in Darken Vei or even a local tavern where my character could be recruited then. I figure the news would spread pretty quick and that is how she hears of it since Dilwen lives in that province anyway. Or if that idea doesn't fly I'm sure we can think of something else. Let me know.

Vyraena

Awesome, and that works perfectly fine for me. The news will definitely be spreading throughout Darken Vei, though it should take a while for it to leave the province. I'll post here with a general outline for how this is going to work at some point tonight.

Also, hope you feel better soon!

visualspice

I currently role play as the High Lady of Darken Vei, DevaniƩe Acaulian and @Lion 's character, Doryx Acaulian, is the High Lord.
Lion made a super detailed page on the information on Darken Vei,s o in case you haven't had a chance to read it yet, I figured I'd post the link here!
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Vyraena

Thanks spice! I browsed through that page a bit, but I plan on looking through it more before I start anything. Also, if anything ends up being a problem, let me know. I don't think anything should conflict with other PCs or any of the major cities/landmarks, but if there's anything I've overlooked I can always change it to make sure there's nothing that's going to complicate things. xD

Bree

Sche'zan'i would get into this! If only because she likes to kill things and her sister won't give her a job to do that involves anything dangerous. Aaaaaand given that she's recently become lovers with a giant dragon, said dragon will probably follow her into this battle uwu not to mention Sche herself can turn into a dragon~