Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Keep An Eye Out For Coyote (Open. Tag Ethereal-Star)

Started by Chronicler, November 13, 2014, 12:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chronicler

Winter Moon walked through the city of Zantaric. He made it his habit to visit the dark city now and then. One of the few places a creature of ill repute could feel truly at peace.

The coyote could roam the streets without even a second look from the inhabitants. He was far from the strangest of their visitors, in a city where half the population practiced black magic, and none obeyed the laws by which the rest of the world was wont to abide.

As he passed a narrow, crooked alleyway, a gloved hand reached out to encircle his neck and drag him inside, pushing him into the shadows.

Winter stumbled, but didn't fall, turning on his aggressor. A man dressed all in black, brandishing a large dagger.

"Let's see what's in the bag, freak," he sneered.

"Alright, alright!" he said, raising his hands in a gesture of peace. He leaned in to get a better look at the thief, and his eyes widened in shock. "By the gods, you've got it!" He took a step back in evident fear.

"Got what?" the thug asked suspiciously.

"The plague! It's come out of Kishahn Jungle. I've just been to the Temple of Ash, it's a graveyard. It starts with reddening of the eyes and once your skin turns yellow it kills in just a few minutes. See?"

He pulled a small, dingy hand mirror from his satchel and held it up. In the clouded, dirty glass the man's reflection looked decidedly yellow.

"I've got the cure but you have to take it fast, it might already be too late!" He handed the thief a small glass vial.

Confused and terrified, the thief popped the tiny cork and drank it immediately. After only a moment, he collapsed, unconscious.

Winter laughed, crouching to go through the fool's pockets.

Ethereal-Star

Excited clapping was soon heard, along with a high pitched feminine voice that sounded almost childlike. "Ooh the coyote thief got the bad, bad man in black, oh yes he did, hehe! Much fun that was to watch, hehehehehehehe!!" The strange but unseen person continued to giggle and laugh as a small breeze briefly lifted Winter's fur as it went past.

"Hazel commends the big bad and sneaky coyote, yes, yes I do! I couldn't have done much better myself!" The giggling began to get louder, echoing off the walls of the alleyway before a small pixie-like creature suddenly appeared in front of Winter, her eyes aglow with fey mischief and delight. "And now you see Hazel herself! Hehe!"

Her gaze turned to the unconscious thug on the ground. "What else shall we do to him?" rubbing her hands together excitedly.

Chronicler

Winter crouched almost motionless over his victim, waiting to see what this intruder had in mind. He breathed again when the pixie revealed herself. The thief's coin purse was threadbare and worn. He tossed it aside, but not before taking the few coins it contained.

The knife was of much better quality. Stolen no doubt. The coyote slipped it into his satchel.

"Steal his clothes, hang him by his thumbs, slit his throat," he suggested, feigning indifference. "Makes no difference to me. I have places to go yet today."

He turned and headed out of the alley, giving Hazel only a polite nod. The fae didn't show themselves to just anyone, and it had been his experience that they didn't take no for an answer when they did. Pretending one didn't care only made them all the more curious, and tricking a pixie was a real challenge, worthy of the Coyote's skill.

Ethereal-Star

"Where you going?" Hazel called out. "You have yet to see funny trick I do!"

With a wave of her hand, the fairy made the thug's clothing disappear and in their place was a pink, frilly dress tied at the back with a huge pink and lavender colored bow. Soft pink satin shoes completed the new ensemble. Any other weapons on his person also disappeared.

Hazel stepped back, satisfied. "There! Now he look much less intimidating, yes? Hehehehe!!" Hazel giggled again, looking up at the coyote to see what his reaction would be.

Chronicler

"Not bad," Winter said approvingly, pausing to look for just a moment. "I've seen better though. Have fun kid."

He kept walking, turning around the corner and continuing down the street. Not too quickly. She needed time to decide she wanted to catch up.

Ethereal-Star

"Wait up for me!" Hazel called and then quickly materialized in front of Winter. "Here I be!" she exclaimed looking up at Winter with a mischievous grin on her face.

"Where you going, I want to tag along, yes I do! Me and talking coyote can do many tricks together, yes?" She hopped up and down excitedly, like a child. "Hazel I be, a fairy of glee, playing many a trick, making many a people tick! Hehe!" Continuing on her annoying rampage, she danced around some more, quoting "The fairy dance and play, making merry fun all the way, stealing keys and gold alike, and putting them back where no one think twice!"

Her eyes gleamed with wild happiness. "Hazel be your unseen thief, I can help out with many things coyote could want! Yes?" She fluttered her wings right in Winter's face as if to make a point, what that point may be, only she knew.

Chronicler

"I don't know," Winter scratched his chin thoughtfully. "I'll bet it's all just illusion, isn't it?" he said. "You can't really change one thing into another or make objects appear. You just change appearances."

Ethereal-Star

"I can do more than that!" Hazel exclaimed. "Glamour be not just illusion but enchantment too! Plus, I pick pockets and locks, I do yes!" She clapped and danced around Winter. "I unseen fairy that steals underpants, puts things where people cannot find! Yes, yes!! I steal yes, but mainly just to have fun with who I steal from! They get it back eventually. But much fun is had during this time! And many swear words too, hehe!"