Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Sticky Situation!

Started by visualspice, December 29, 2014, 10:10:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"Holy Forest Spirits!" Miersck exclaimed, eyes going wider than the tower in Uthlyn when he was pinned down and saw the stinger point at him. He could have sworn he saw the glint of poison on the end of it as he grit his teeth. His mind whirled and he found it difficult to breath, difficult to think. It was almost worth it to just give his life up now...

Except he was very afraid of death. Gritting his teeth, he turned away from her- his mind still rolling over his options.

Be her 'pet'... or die?
A fool would choose the latter, but in the moment- he found his tongue and mind unable to be used.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Kitty

Well she succeeded in scarring him as any sane person should be, but he seemed to be so scared he couldn't answer or he couldn't decide an answer. Either way this didn't produce the results she was hoping for. She wondered how long it would be before he called her bluff. She still wasn't hungry enough to eat him and wouldn't dare waste such a precious meal just to prove a point. On the other hand though she really wanted some entertainment and this moth didn't seem to want to give it to her. She was about ready to tie him up and just forget about him till she was hungry, go find something else to entertain her. She decided to try one last approach.

"Maybe telling you a bit about myself will help" She said getting off of him and retracting her stinger. I was born with so many siblings that I couldn't even count them all. Unfortunately this cruel world took nearly all of them away from me. I often wonder why I was one of the few survivors perhaps its a curse to have lived rather than to have died. As you might have noticed the forest is dying. Food is hard to come by and I've resorted to eating people like you. There you go thatss my life story. Not a whole lot to tell."

visualspice

Only after the stinger was gone did Miersck breath easy. He didn't realize it, but he trembled too. But he told himself that was just from the blood returning to his limbs. He looked up at the woman, not daring to get off the floor just yet as he closed his gaping lips and tried to swallow the dry lump away tht was trapped within it.

But something caught his interest in what she said, and he stared at her, his expression actually that of surprise.
"That's a lot of spider people to die." For he was well aware just how many a single egg sack from a female could produce. He couldn't imagine what had caused it, not that he asked, but he at least seemed interested in her rather than being snappy-

After all, part of him wondered...
At the mention of the forest's dying-
Was she from the same forests as he?
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Kitty

"Yes it is." Archne said with a sorrow tone. "I do not enjoy eating sentient beings like yourself. I do it because I have to. Its not a one sides as I'm the predator and your all the prey either. Apparently my web is very valuable and worth a whole lot of currency. Many have tried to kill me and not so that they can survive but so they can get rich. I was even captured once though I managed to escape. Don't get your hopes up though this is an entirely different situation. Besides not like I'm keeping you here for worthless money. Now your turn to tell your story, hopefully its longer and more interesting than my own."

visualspice

Miersck hadn't expected her voice to show case anything but a dark, playfulness to it- and deceit. So when he noticed the sadness in her voice- and a sadness that seemed genuine, he actually felt sorry for the drider- though such a thought was easily drowned out by the doubt that still clouded his brain.

At her comment, however, to eat him, he peered up at her, a slightly tilt to his head as he registered her thoughts. But he couldn't help but growl out a soft reply, "It's still a choice. ANd you made it." He bristled, wings ruffling behind him before he glanced away- glaring over at one of the cave walls.

However, at the talk about being killing her kind for money, he tensed and felt some sort of pity for her since...
Well, he and his kind suffered the same. It's why they rarely left the forest. And the fact he had left...

Well, the circumstances had been dire. Still, it was a hard pill to swallow, that he and this 'enemy' of his kind should be similar to one another at all. And it took him a while to chew over his thoughts as he continued to furrow his brow.

Tell her a story? What was he to say. He simply turned his back to her and muttered, sourly, "My story's not that interesting. I just ran away from home. Most beings who have acorns for brains try that at one time or another. But despite what you think of me," he went on with a defensive sneer. "I hadn't a choice." And his lips sagged souredly, as did his wings as he continued to glare, much more angrily, at the wall, as he recalled the fateful night when he had seen the forest's disease himself-

And had been tainted by it.

He shivered, recalling the forest spirits warnings and internally tried to shake them away. But they were like a haunting echo, a fading scar-
something that just never could go away.

Kitty

"Its still a choice." Archne teased him. She was disappointed he didn't have more of a story. Little did she know as time progressed she was growing ever so slightly attached to him even though she was doing most the talking and he had been for the most part uncooperative till now. It was like reverse Stockholm syndrome. Little did she know Miersck was also experiencing some of these symptoms involved with it as well.

"Maybe I should run away as well. This forest isn't sustaining me very well and its only a matter of time before the nearby village gets pissed off with me eating them. Would be difficult to bring you though. You would likely take off as soon as you saw the light of day again. And I sure as heck don't feel like dragging you in a cocoon everywhere."

visualspice

Miersck snorted.
"Wouldn't it be easier to just let me go?" he grumbled. "Running away is best done alone anyway."
He sorta knew from experience..
Sorta!

Others... always complicated things.

Kitty

"No actually it wouldn't be easier. I don't want to lose my pet" Archne said reverting back to her dark and playful way of speaking. "I would surly die of boredom without you. Though you don't seem to be very entertaining. I could always steal another pet. Though you just kinda walked into my door saying 'here I am take me' wish all my prey were that easy. Only problem is if I do capture another you two would prolly scheme a way out. Why can't you be a good obedient little moth pet?"

visualspice

Miersck growled, still bristling.
"Because I am not a pet. Brainless squirrels or chipmunks are pets- NOT fae," he growled.
"If you're that lonely, get a dog." He'd seen the way the humans of this world worship those disgusting animals. All he saw dogs as were sharp toothed flea bags!

Kitty

"Fae is that what your kinds called? Well fae I don't remember anyone ever saying pets had to be brainless. Maybe its like that in civilization but this is the wilderness. There are no rules out here except stay alive. An intelligent pet is much more entertaining. Unfortunately for me you are a brainless moth and not a very cooperative moth at that. I don't like to insult but you seem to be an expert at getting on my nerves." Archne said before sighing aloud and leaving the room to calm herself. She wasn't worried about him escaping. There was far too much sticky web at all of the exits.

A few minuets later she came back, her attitude and tone when she spoke was completely different. "You ran away from home right and I assume you haven't found a new one? As I've said this forest isn't cutting it in the survival department. What do you say we take journey together to find a new home. Not as my pet but as my traveling partner. I've kept my word not to eat you haven't I? I even let you free of your bindings."

visualspice

"Get on your nerves!?" Miersck barked back indignantly at her fleeing form. "Who caught who in their web!? How do you expect a prisoner to act, huh!?" But she was already gone. Releasing a haughty breath, he began to pace about, contemplating escaping, but realizing what he was surrounded by.

"Rotting acorns," he muttered. "I have the worst of luck!"

Upon Archne's return, Miersck was simmering rather that boiling made as he shot a contemptuous look her way. It only became more venomous as she tried to pry into his story about running away from home. But what she suggested next made him stare at her, unable to speak, his lips ajar.

"What?"
Maybe this one was crazy. What on earth did she mean by THAT proposal?!

Kitty

"Do you need some time to think on it?" Archne asked a little confused. she figured such a proposal would have an immediate answer regardless of if you planned on deceiving her and escaping. "Um, I don't see how you can interpret my proposal in any way other than how I meant it. "Is it necessary to repeat myself. I want you to help me find a new home. You know much more about the outside world than I do."

visualspice

Miersck face remained crinkled and confused.
"And I'm still confused on why you'd ever think that, after threatening to eat me and keep me as a pet, I'd just be all friendly with you." He looked the spider woman over before shivering, gritting his teeth some before looking towards the ground.

"And I don't know that much about the outside world," he grumbled softly, arms folded across his chest.

Kitty

"Well yea, why not?" Archne asked.

Archne was a little sad he didn't know much about the outside world but it at least gave her something to say that might hopefully lighten him up. "Well we could learn more about it together."

visualspice

At such a thought, Miersck clamped his lips shut. It almost appeared as if he were to be sick. But after a moment, he released a long breath and finally lifted his red eyes back to her.

"You know the outside world doesn't take kindly to us. Humans claim most of the land."

Kitty

"I would have figured they would take far more kindly to you than me. Besides it doesn't matter to me. I can't stay here. I'll die eventually, probably in only a couple more months. I can't get you food here either no matter what you eat so your in the same boat. What do you eat anyways?"

visualspice

Miersck was taken back when she mentioned death. He looked her over. Was she so old it was nearing to her time? Or... was it something else?

But at her last question, he grit his teeth and looked away again.
"I forage... berries and nectars mostly." He shifted uncomfortably. "Moth fae are.... er.. vegetarian. But I don't really eat many plants."And he made a face thinking about it. "Or all vegetables, as humans call them," and he sneered at the thought, really laying on his distaste in his tone. He folded his arms tighter. "Potatoes are just weird and don't get me started on carrots."

Kitty

Archne had no idea what a potato of carrot was but she assumed it was either a veggie or a berry. "Well you aren't going to find a single berry or veggie in this withering forest. So do you want to die with me here or hopefully come with me and find somewhere to live?"

visualspice

Miersck bristled, staring at the spider woman for a good long while before releasing a long, hot sigh.

"I'll travel with you, but I ain't looking for a home." And instinctively, he covered the wrappings on his arm. The mark that cursed him that was hidden beneath...
That was where his destiny would guide him. And well, the least he could do was agree to get out of this cave!

Kitty

"Really?" Archne asked with surprise. She hoped he wasn't planning on taking off first opportunity he got. "Yay! alright I'll clear one of the entrances so you can get out without getting stuck. Would you prefer traveling at night or during the day time?" Archne asked before getting to work removing and ingesting her own webs.