Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Beast of the Tundra Plotting Thread

Started by Ethereal-Star, December 29, 2014, 09:17:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ethereal-Star

Hey all. I have a character thread up and running (been open awhile now and so far no one has joined it). It is called 'Beast of the Tundra' and it can be found here.

The plot?

Well, basically Adelaide Wintersnow (who can be found in my character catalog) has stopped at the local inn in the village of Hyoite where she hears a patron tell a tale of a monstrous beast roaming the frozen wastes. Description of the beast can also be found in the first post. As the man tells his story, the door bangs open and someone new enters. Now, I know that @IcarusDescension has already expressed interest in this thread, so I'mma gonna let her have at the first reply. However, more characters are for sure welcome to play!

Looking for:

Hunters/Trappers
Hyoitian residents
Shapeshifters/Beast characters (perhaps the beast is YOU, who knows?)
Patrons of the inn itself
Anything else you can throw this way that would fit!

So reply here (or PM) if this looks interesting to you and is something one of your characters could play in. Just put up a comment here if you would like to play and I'll put your name in the thread title so we all know who's on board. And bring a coat because the tundra is cold! LOL.

Nexus

Sounds like fun. This may be a good way to start up here. And of course, Pandor needs no coat in that weather, lol. I do not have him in my signature yet, so here's a link. Let me know if he is acceptable. I know he is missing the description, but I am working on it.

http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=18199.msg218613#new

Ethereal-Star

You are more than welcome to play if you want. Your character sounds fine for this. What role did you want him to play? The beast itself or perhaps one of his family members (maybe the brother?) can be the beast that everyone is talking about. And Pandor get pulled along into the plot because of this.

Still waiting for @IcarusDescension  to post so once she does the thread will get underway. No pressure though, I know you're trying to come up with some good ideas for your character.

Nexus

It doesn't seem like a bad idea that it may be Pandor's brother that is the beast. Just let me now when it is ok to post.

Ethereal-Star

IcarusDescension

SO sorry to be holding up the thread, working on my post right now...

IcarusDescension

Wohoo! Post is up at last. Sorry that took me so long, I'm rollin' now.

By the way, welcome to the thread Nexus, looking forward to RPing with you!

Nexus

This could be fun, seeing that Pandor is directly involved, lol.

IcarusDescension

Speaking of whom, I probably should have inquired before I posted but I wasn't thinking things through and forgot about the beast being Pandor's brother. It might not make sense for him to have mauled a bear out in the wilderness - since it's your character's brother we're talking about I realize I should have asked before attributing actions to him.

If you don't like the idea we can just dismiss it as an unrelated occurrence of a dead bear in the wilderness which Aguta was blowing out of proportion.

Ethereal-Star

I have posted my reply. Either character could enter from this point onward, I left it pretty much open for either Aguta to follow Adelaide or Pandor to show up. Or his brother.

IcarusDescension

Here's lookin' at you @Nexus! So excited to see your post! I can't wait for Pandor or his brother to make an entrance.

(I know this isn't my thread and you both waited so patiently for me to get my creative butt in gear and get my character up in the first place, so go ahead and tell me to bug off if I'm being a pest. No offense will be taken -truly.) I'm just so excited to see this story get underway! Wohoo!

Ethereal-Star

Tags @Nexus Eagerly awaiting for Pandor's entrance!! Should be a fun plot! Thanks!

ChocbreadMarshmallow

Welp, I feel this adventure was tailored for my character "Knives". If there's a spot open I'd love to participate!

IcarusDescension

Greetings ChocBread! Saw your hello post by the way, sorry to be a little slow in a reply. Welcome to SotE! Glad you're interested in the thread too! (Love your character by the way - furry tail and a long sword -gotta love the combo!)

ChocbreadMarshmallow

Thanks! Glad you like him! :D

Just to clear things up, though:

It's not an entirely furry tail. It's more like this fella's here: Link! (source:google, deviantart, artist Sametti)

And the sword is pretty much like this: Link!

Addition: By the way, what time of day is it, anyway? Noon?

Ethereal-Star

Welcome to the site and the thread ChocBreadMarshmallow! Glad you're interested and happy to have you join in. Your character sounds interesting by the way. So he can transform into a lynx, correct?

As for time of day in the story line, I'd say about noonish, perhaps even around 1pm really. But that is open for negotiation. What do you think Icarus?

IcarusDescension

I hadn't thought of time of day in specific terms honestly, so I'm glad the two of you thought about it. I was assuming sometime late morning / mid-day so yeah that sounds about right.

Thanks for the clarification on the tail/sword ChocBread, my mental picture was slightly off, now fixed!

ChocbreadMarshmallow

Quote from: Ethereal-StarWelcome to the site and the thread ChocBreadMarshmallo w! Glad you're interested and happy to have you join in. Your character sounds interesting by the way. So he can transform into a lynx, correct?

Thank yoooo! :D

Yes, he can. There's a little more to it, but I decided not to write it all in my character description because I felt I should keep it brief and reveal the details during the rp-sessions.

His "daily" shapeshifting is also more about blending into the surrounding. Imagine the effect of Elvish cloaks in LotR, but Ilvenath doesn't have to wear a cloak. ;)

Quote from: IcarusDescension
Thanks for the clarification on the tail/sword ChocBread, my mental picture was slightly off, now fixed!

No problem. I hope I don't come across as pretentious, but I thought I'd mention it once the furry tail came up so people won't be disappointed when I decide to use it and it doesn't match their expectations. :X

IcarusDescension

So Star, may I ask upon the nature of the beast or is that open for creative license so to speak? I know it was supposed to be Pandor's brother but Nexus doesn't seem to be showing any interest in posting in this thread. I've been creating somewhat random possible plot additions through the 'journal' but I don't know if they're interesting to anyone, and we certainly don't have to include any of them, I guess I just enjoy throwing things into the pot.

Or is it too soon for the beast anyway? My sense of pacing might just be off from everyone else?

Just curious in which direction you wanted this thread to go in terms of its namesake.

Thanks.

ChocbreadMarshmallow

Maybe there is no beast, at all, and the whole RP is just about how living in the harsh environment of the Sionad tundra brings forth the worst in us! :O