Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Nothing to do [OPen to 2 at most] [M for Nudity]

Started by LamiaGirl, January 05, 2015, 08:55:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaGlobster

Ky nodded, looking out towards the ocean. It really was beautiful out here...

His eyes remained on that image for almost a minute, before he spoke, still facing away from them.

"Will you two be coming back tomorrow?" He asked, sitting down on the shore. "Normally, I'd pay for the inn, but I want to experience this. True calm is hard to find in this world.

Wicked Basket

Gen smiled as Abigale returned his sword.

"Thanks," he replied.

He then turned to Ky.

"Enjoy your night on the beach, my friend," Gen said. "I was planning on hitting the road again tomorrow, but I certainly wouldn't mind coming back here before I leave for a final farewell."

LamiaGirl

It seemed like Gen was preparing to leave, and she wondered if it wouldn't be time for her to depart as well. The sun was still in the sky, but she knew if she stayed she would fall asleep and end up out here in the chilly night air. She gave a little smile and bowed to Ky. "I suspect this is where I will part ways for the time being." Her voice was still soft and sweet. She turned to Gen and bowed a little lower as was expected of her when addressing someone who had bested her. "It was a pleasure to meet you, and learn a bit about you... Both of you."

With that said she took the armor shoulder and strapped it up on her right side before turning around. She was carrying her cloak over her arm as it was still rather nice out, too nice to be so covered. "I hope to see you both again. stay safe." She called back over her shoulder as she glided down the beach.

DaGlobster

Ky watched Abigale leave, before returning his vision to the horizon. Gen spoke, and he nodded. "I look forwards to it."

Using his arms, he made a circle around himself, and then laid them on his knees. Crossing his legs, he closed his eyes, and started breathing in time with the waves.

[Exit Ky until one or both of you goes back to the beach, I guess. Shoot me a PM when that happens.]

Wicked Basket

Gen followed after Abigale on his way to the inn. It was the only one around, so he knew they were going to the same place.

"So what do you do for a living," Gen asked trying to start up a conversation. "You're obviously a warrior of some kind judging by those weapons and the armor."

LamiaGirl

Moments later Abigale heard foot steps coming up behind her. She flicked her tongue catching a familiar scent on the breeze. Gen had followed her. She stopped a moment to wait for him to catch up before starting to slither along again. She smiled as he tried to make conversation with her, asking about what she did for a living, and he was right in his assumption of her being a warrior. "I am a sword for hire." She responded promptly. As she spoke her hand trailed down stroking the hilt of her swords in a comforting manner. "Or at least I was. I think Im retired now."

She looked back at him still impressed with how well he moved without sight. He seemed to be just as graceful on the uneven ground, if not more so, than other humans who could see. "And you are a swordsman, competitively, but I don't think that's all you do." She teased

Wicked Basket

"I see," he replied.

He was about to ask her why she was retired when she mentioned that he was a professional swordsman.

"I do indeed fight in tournaments," Gen told her. "But I also serve as a mediator and negotiator in domestic and sometimes even national disputes. I'm also a recruiter for the Elementalist Guild."

LamiaGirl

Abigale was right he was more than a swordsman. She smiled at him before speaking. "I knew. Your too composed to be just another warrior. You proved that earlier." Her tongue continued to flick in and out drawing in more scents around her. It was nice that someone was taking such time to get to know her like this. Most people either hired her and never spoke to her again, or wouldn't bother speaking with her to begin with. Despite the fact that she was different, she was still a person, and it seemed that Gen knew that.

"Your a guild recruiter? for elementalists?" she asked returning him some attention. "I was not aware there were very many, let alone a whole guild that needed to recruit."

Wicked Basket

"I don't know how many elementalists there exactly," Gen said. "But they are out there. The Guild is merely there to help them better understand how to use their abilities."

Gen turned his head toward Abigale.

"Surely there is more to you than just being a retired mercenary. Those weapons and your armor give the impression that you're still in business."

LamiaGirl

Abigale laughed. Despite his obvious disability Gen was quite observant. "Yes.. You are right. I am no mercenary any more, but I am still in the adventuring business. I just don't get paid." In her own mind the only difference between what she used to do, and what she does now was the guarantee of pay. Now she just collected what she found to compensate her own expenses. "So what really brought you out here?" She asked playfully. "Just relaxing or perhaps something more exciting?"

Wicked Basket

Gen shrugged.

"It's just what I do, I guess," he told her. "I just like to travel. See new places, meet new people, try new things. And any places that I like I can always go back to whenever I feel like. Besides, there's not much of a point in staying in one place. I go to tournaments all over, and I don't have any family. Staying in one place just isn't practical for me I guess."

LamiaGirl

A small frown crossed abigales face. In a way Gen was like her. She had no family anymore, nor had she managed to find a comfortable or stable home. That's why she became a mercenary to begin with. It was a sad part of life and something she wished she had been able to change, but she couldn't alter the past anymore than she could predict the future, so rather than feel bad about it she chose to keep living. "I think you and I have a few things in common."

"So how does a blind man learn to use a sword? were you always like this or... did it happen to you?"

Wicked Basket

"My mother taught me," he told her. "As soon as I learned how to see in my own special way, my mother began teaching me how to use a sword as well as helping me refine my sight."

LamiaGirl

Abigale nodded understanding what he was talking about. It had been her own mother, and clan members who had taught her how to use a sword. She turned her gaze back to the path for a moment, just in time to catch sight of a fallen branch. She lifted herself up easily over it and carried on as her tail dragged lightly across the branch. She wondered what it would be like if she saw through Gens eyes, or however he received his images. She wanted to ask more, but chose to remain silent to allow him to ask something now.

Wicked Basket

Gen also saw the branched a stepped over it with ease. He couldn't even imagine what it would be like if he were to go completely blind again. Figuring that her silence meant that it was his turn to ask a question, he did.

"Do you have any family?"