Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Black Powder Party [M]

Started by visualspice, January 10, 2015, 07:50:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

OOC: As a warning, this thread is open to members of the Mountain Cat gang only. If you wish to join, make a character :D
Also, please realize this thread will contain mature language, violence, mentions and written examples of drugs use and abuse, getting drunk, etc.

It was time to celebrate, and it was something long over due, for as the night rolled in, the shrouded ruins of the forgotten castle near the swamps came alive with laughter, drink and light. Naturally the place was rowdy. Get a bunch of criminals together and give them some coin and a drink and you've fueled a fire. But even their leader, the infamously serious individual- Khanna Dey, was present. In fact, it had been Khanna who declared the celebration. And as the festivities rolled on, a subtle smile lingered like a candle's flame within his eyes.

Black Powder was hard to come by, but her men had managed to steal a whole lot of it. A hell of a whole lot of it that it would blow up quite a number of ships, even a whole city (if one were careful with the placement- naturally!) But it was definitely a landmark celebration for all. Not only could it give the Cats a head over their competition, but it made them more lethal, too. And Khanna was quite the fan of that sort of power.

So as any proud leader would, Khanna watched over her gang with silent satisfaction, drinking slowly from her cup of fine, serenian mead.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Vyraena

Venus was at the party, of course. A celebration of this scale was something she didn't want to miss. However, she sat idly in the back for now, watching everyone else laugh and talk, with a cup full of ale in her hand.

Few people interested Venus. From a young age, she had always been alone, fending for herself, and she had grown used to it. Just because she didn't take interest in them didn't mean she didn't like being around them, though. The company was nice sometimes. After a little while had passed, she had finished her drink, and gone to refill it. When that was done, she decided to actually join in on the celebration and begin talking to people.

Lion

He didn't much feel like mingling.  A party?  For what!?  Stealing?  Isn't that what they always did?  What kind of a reward was this for something they did on a daily basis?  He supposed even cats played when the mice were away.

But for black powder?  He didn't know if he would say that was a call for celebration.  It could just as easily blow up all of the Post!  And here these fools were, dancing, drinking, singing, and smoking.  It was all foolish.

So he didn't partake, and instead, moved around the crowd in the castle ballroom where most of the festivities were being held.  They were free to drink and mingle.  He'd rather stick to the sidelines.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Keeping a watchful eye of his men, Khanna spotted one of the men he had not been unfamiliar with until recently. It was an awkward way to start any relation, but he ran a band of criminals, and most, dare he repeat it, were hardy tame men and women. The only rules were clear not to fuck with Khanna Dey, and well, that's probably why half of the party left their leader alone. But even those who were wall flowers could linger, and Khanna found herself approaching Crowe.

"Do birds not drink?" he inquired, raising a brow at the man upon his approach. "You haven't had a cup of anything all night."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Crowe leaned back against the wall, arms crossed over his chest when Khanna approached.  He glanced at him and he nodded in his direction.  "Hey boss," he said and even grinned a little.  "Just looking after the pissants.  You'd think they won a raffle with all the hollering they're doing.  It's a wonder the Serenian army hasn't heard us by now."

His frown deepened.  "I'd drink.  It's...ah, never mind.  The other Cats are havin' a good time.  That's what this is all about ain't it?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Wicked Basket

Tomcat always enjoyed going to parties at the Scratching Post. Not only was there more booze, but also more people, such as his good buddy Khanna. It didn't take him long to track the Mountain Cats leader down amidst all the partiers.

"Avast, Khanna," he said as he approached. "It feels like I haven't seen ya in ages."

Tomcat took a swig from the bottle of rum in his hand and then noticed that Crowe wasn't holding anything.

"Where's your drink, mate," the Captain asked Crowe. "Are ye embarrassed of how lightweight ya are?"

visualspice

Khanna turned his gaze away from Crowe to give Tomcat an unamused look.
Without skipping a beat, the man asked, "Who's watchin' the ship?"

Wicked Basket

"No worries," Tomcat assured Khanna. "I'm sure the ship is fine. The cabin boy's lookin' after it, but let's not make this about me. Why isn't this lad enjoying himself?"

Lion

Crowe could sniff a challenge a mile away, but he merely shrugged in response.  "Sorry, Tom, just don't feel like it tonight.  I'm content," he said with a nod.  He even offered a grin and gestured to the crowd.  "I'm enjoying myself just fine."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Khanna cut a sharp look of disapproval towards Tom. Really, the cabin boy? He trusted their second post to him? Swallowing back anger for the moment, Khanna tried to remind herself this was a celebration. And at Crowe's words, his eyes flicked over his form with mild scrutiny.

"It's a day of celebration," Khanna went on, knocking back more of his drink, which was unusual for him (for he always sipped). "We all celebrate victories in our own way."

Wicked Basket

"Well my way involves wenches and alcohol," Tomcat said. "But since there be an unfortunate lack of the former, I'll just have to compensate with more of the latter."

To emphasize his point, Tomcat finished off the rest of his rum and burped loudly.

visualspice

Khanna sneered at Tom.
"You've got plenty of wenches here. Look, there's a woman over there," And he gestured to where Venus stood alone. "I haven't seen you try to charm that one yet."

Wicked Basket

"I don't have to try, mate," Tomcat replied. "It just comes naturally. I'll show ya. Maybe ye'll even learn something."

Tomcat made his way over to Venus, but not without stopping for another bottle of rum first.

"Ahoy, fair lass," Tomcat said to her. "Are ye enjoying yourself at this fine celebration?" 

Lion

At Tome's actions, Crowe just sniffed and observed the crowd again.  Celebration, that much was true.  Even if it all did seem a waste of time to him.  So he strode over toward the draft beer and poured himself a tankard and resumed his initial post by the wall.  "I suppose I could enjoy a drink.  What's the harm in that?" he said and looked up at Khanna.  "Why though?"  He looked at the Boss and tilted his head.  "I mean, you don't seem the 'celebratory' type, no offense.  Business is important after all.  We ought to keep the gold flowing."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Khanna remained quiet as he sipped at his beer.
"The celebration ain't for me."

Lion

"That makes two of us," he said and sipped the beer.  He grinned at Khanna.  "Do you ever go out?  I mean on a mark.  You organize all sorts of heists, but do you ever miss the rush of being on one?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Khanna cut Crowe a dark look.
"If you see me on the job, you can fucking bet someone fucked up and not just the mark will get killed."

Lion

"Good to know," he said and raised his mug to him.  "I can drink to that."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Vyraena

When Tomcat approached her, Venus sighed. "It's more of an excuse to drink than anything else for me. Being around this many people isn't really my thing."

Venus finished off her ale and then smiled. "I suppose it's not too bad, though. It's a good chance to relax a bit for once."

Wicked Basket

"Since when do ye need an excuse to drink," Tomcat asked with a grin. "You can just drink whenever ye want to."

The Captain paused to take a swig from his bottle.

"I wish I had less relaxation time. It's boring down in Cerenis to be quite honest with ye."

Tags: