Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Black Powder Party [M]

Started by visualspice, January 10, 2015, 07:50:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lion

Watching Clint puff out his chest like that and slick back his hair was enough to make Crowe from ear to ear.  He pulled some coin from his belt and bounced it in his hand. "I'll take that bet.  What about you Flitch?"

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

kleineklementine

Flitch snorted, shaking her head. "I ain't puttin' coin on shit. This kid don't have nothing to pay up with and I wanna get something out of this!" she concluded happily.

"How 'bout this? You fail an' you have to knick the priciest bottle of drink in here for me. I saw it earlier. A fancy single malt kept under lock-and-key. I believe you can do that, kid, I'm not sure you could match my bet in coin! But if you get so much as under-the-shirt contact with that girl, then I'm really teach'ya something about women," she finished with a wink to Clint."

Flitch felt confident making that last part of the bet; surely Clint would have no luck! And if against all odds he did, well, Flitch didn't say anything about what she'd teach him.

visualspice

By the time they were speaking of bets, Clint was more than ready to go as an eager grin stretched ear to ear.

"You'll see what women really want by observin' me! And maybe, just maybe, in that lesson there Flitch, I'll be teachin' you a few new tricks!"

And like a prideful little puppy, Clint begun to move after his prey...
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Crowe crossed his arms, skeptical.  "You have that much confidence in him?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

kleineklementine

Flitch shrugged. "Better a maybe he can get his hands on something than he definitely ain't got nothin' t'pay with," she answered matter-of-factly. "'Sides, if he has somethin' else to occupy himself with fer awhile, might give the rest of us a break from all those hormones of his."

Clint's swaggering approach wasn't missed by Firefly. She threw a glance his way, still half-smiling with drunkenness, then whispered something to her friend.

Lion

Crowe laughed, even snorted a little.  He didn't realize he spilled part of his beer.  But at least there was still half left to savor.  He grinned, slipping it down his gullet as he watched Clint in action.  It was amusing, watching the Kid puff out his chin hairs like the kitten he was. 

"Oh gods, the hormones," Crowe half-scoffed, remembering back to his own time and recalling it only with embarrassment.  "I'll take this distraction over all the chest-puffing any day."  He sniffed and had more beer.  "How're you by the way, Flitch?  Odd question to ask, I know, but it seems the customary thing to do."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

kleineklementine

“Hmph,” Flitched huffed, as if in heart-felt agreement with Crowe’s sentiment: ’Oh gods, the hormones.’ Though she acted as though she were in the same boat, she hadn’t had a remotely similar adolescence to what poor Clint was suffering through. And she frowned a little, thinking of it. Physiologically differences aside, when ‘Flitch’ had been the same age as Clint (by her people’s reckoning), she’d been a living ‘goddess,’ held captive by her worshipers…

She shook the memory away, and raised her eyebrows at Crowe’s question, “Oh-ho, customary! Aren’t we proper!” But she gave a shrug, and answered, “Can’t complain. Had a few good jobs lately, one or two that went a bit bad, what can’t win all the time.”

She paused to take a drink of her beer, then glanced up at Crowe. “By the way, Crowe,” she told him with an amused half smile, and tapped her upper lip, “y’got a bit of a beer moustache. If it’s of any interest to yeh.”

visualspice

Where as Crowe was just getting himself dirty (since the prick was lucky enough to evade the glitter-splosion!), Khanna finally had himself as clean and tidied as he was going to be, and not wanting to leave the cats alone in the place while the potential for more crazy glitter could happen, he was already re-dressed in something else, a simpler leather jerkin and pants to match with low ankle boots with tight belted straps lining his thighs. His hair was a bit wet, and was slicked back and styled the best he could make it, but at least the damn glitter was (mostly...) gone. And back to observing he was, entering the scene again as quietly as he had disappeared.

And a not so quiet entrance was happening between another pair of cats as Clint moved his way near to Firefly, who gave the boy a wary look. From the distance where the others were, it was hard to tell what they were saying, but at first, it seemed Clint actually got Firefly to smile. But he still held that ego boosting puff to his chest and that surly curl to this lips. Perhaps she was just giggling at the way he tried to present himself?
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

"Oh, a beer 'stache?  I hope it looks better than the one I've been sporting!  I can't shave more n'an hour and it's back again, all patchy.  I hope I look dashing and not like some nincompoop."  He gave a laugh and posed with the beer mustache, his arms crossed over his chest all macho-like.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

kleineklementine

“Oh yeah, ‘dashing’ was exactly the word I was gonna use,” Flitch agreed readily, flicking her bangs out of her face. “Looks much better’n that patchy nonsense you had goin’ on before, though,” she added with a wink. “Now watch this,” she said, lowering her voice and leaning towards Crowe. “That girl Firefly’s whisperin’ to? Her lover. Probably should’ve mentioned that to the kid, huh?”

The giggling and glances intensified as Clint approached. Wait, was it giggling, or snickering? Was there something a bit sneaky about Firefly’s smile. Because she could tell what Clint was up to from a mile away.

“Hey there, pretty boy,” she called to him, grinning invitingly. “What’re you oggling at, hm?”

visualspice

Clint took the bait like a daft fish. And his grin almost seemed to surpass his ears as he made his way before both pretty ladies, and gave the pair of them a charming grin.

"Just admirin'. Two pretty ladies, such as yourselves, shouldn't have to work all alone while the rest of us celebrate. Perhaps the boss wouldn't mind if we all.. took a break together? Had ourselves our own little party to celebrate the occasion," he went on smugly, tugging up his pants and keeping his grin.

kleineklementine

"Our own little party?" Firefly asked, raising an eyebrow. She exuded sexuality. In fact, someone with a bit more experience might see the trap: realize that she was laying it on a bit too thick. And her eyes notably looked when he tugged on his pants.

"What... exactly... did you have in mind, hm?" her friend asked, smiling coyly.

visualspice

Clint was so excited he could have slapped his knee and hollered.
"Let's find a place more quiet to talk," Clint went on, wolfishly. "There's a few cozy rooms down the way... Nice and private like."

And while Crowe and Flitch were watching the show, Khanna curiously approached the pair from behind. She had been skepitcal, wondering if Crowe somehow had followed him, but seeing how preoccupied he was, he figured otherwise.

Lion

Oh Flitch was cruel indeed, and Crowe would be lying if he said he wasn't thoroughly enjoying the scene play out as it were.  In fact he had to hold back a snort, to keep himself from laughing out loud.  He nudged Flitch.  "Oh you've got to stop him.  I mean, as entertaining as it is, this will scar him for years to come," he said, laughing still and he hoped it was clear he didn't want anything of the sort to happen.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

kleineklementine

"Shit, and let 'im think I was scared he would win his bet?" Flitch scoffed. "Not on your life!"

And just about then, Khanna was creeping up from behind them. Flitch glanced back over her shoulder and greeted casually, "Hiya, Boss. You're just in time for the show."

"Private?" Firefly gave Clint a sultry grin. She looked one arm around the waist of her lover, then let her other hand spider-crawl up Clint's chest. "What... you afraid of people seeing?"

"Yeah," the other woman agreed, smirking and leaning in towards the poor boy, "let's see what you've got. Don't keep us waiting."

visualspice

Khanna folded his arms over his chest once spotted.
"Don't let me distract you from your fun. Just moving along." And as Khanna moved past them, some of the other cats had to look at him, considering more than half of the Cats there were covered in sparkles, and they all knew Khanna had been too! And now the man was all clean! But by the looks of his hair, a few people sneered. Of course the boss got to use a shower or bath for this. Either way, the party still went on, lively as ever and Clint continued to be as clueless as ever.

His cheeks were hot pink at the girl's suggestion.
"It ain't that, ladies. I just... I just don't like to share!" he went on, fluffing out his coat and not loosing one ounce of his puff.

kleineklementine

The young women giggled at his comment, then smiled smugly at him. Finally, Firefly reached out to grab him by the scruff of his shirt and pulled him closer.

"You don't have to share," she told him sultrily, "but surely you're not so mean-spirited you won't let the others watch."

"Yeah," the other woman agreed, moving forward and running her fingers into Clint's hair, "show us what you got. Don't be stingy."

Lion

"Ugh, Great Balls of Fire," Crowe grumbled dropping his head into his hands and shaking it, trying to hide his smile at all that was going on.  He snorted a little, grinning ear to ear and looked up again.  "Are you so very cruel?" he asked, nudging Flitch.  "I mean other than watching him crash and burn, do you get any joy out of making a potential mate make a complete ass out of themselves?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

kleineklementine

"Now that ain't fair," Flitch countered. "I'm doing that boy a favor. Better to have a tough lesson now an' actually learn it. Left on his own, that idiot'd make a fool outta himself forever. It's like pullin' off a bandage. Hurts like hell, but better to get it over with."

But, of course, it was quite funny. Once Khanna slunk out of earshot, she added casually, "Boss seems t'be in a bit of a mood, eh?"

Lion

"When is the Boss ever not in a mood," Crowe replied sourly.  He crossed his arms over his chest again and have a subtle head shake.  "You'd think he'd be a little happier over making such a score.  Black powder is not easy to come by.  But then again, I think I can understand.  Can't get complacent now. And I won't hesitate to whip a few drunk Cats into shape if I have to."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn