Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Black Powder Party [M]

Started by visualspice, January 10, 2015, 07:50:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wicked Basket

"Ye brought this on yourself, lass," Tomcat told her. "You just hand me the brandy and have a friendly chat. Well now it ain't going to be so friendly no more."

Tomcat drew his pistol once more, cocked it, and pointed it at Clint.

"Ye have three minutes to bring me that brandy or the lad dies. Time starts now."

Lion

Crowe wasn't paying much attention.  People drank out of the water well all the time, it wasn't really a big deal.  So he stayed in the gargoyle's roost, hidden from view and just sketched in his notebook.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

And while the Crowe roosted, Khanna dumped his head back in the bucket again, while fervently rubbing his hands through his hair and across his face. But it seemed no matter how hard he scrubbed, the sparkles were endless.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Rhindeer

Nelly's eyes went wide, and her face paled at that. It had been all fun and games just a moment ago, but this was escalating really quickly!

Now, legitimately afraid for Clint, she held her hands out, palms showing, in a signal of defeat before she turned and made a mad dash down the path she'd taken before, and when she came back a minute or two later, her knees and hands were muddy.

And she was also carrying with her the bottle of brandy, which was likewise covered in mud.

With a frown and a sheepish look, she held it out to Tomcat, and hoped he wouldn't notice there was a bit less in there than there was before.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Wicked Basket

Tomcat took the bottle and took a swig to make sure it was indeed the brandy.

"Coming to help ye is a mistake I won't make again," Tomcat told her.

Brandy in hand, Tomcat went back inside to join the glitter-infested party once more.

Rhindeer

...Okay.

Now she just felt bad.

Guilty, rather!

Tomcat had saved her neck, even if he'd exploded all her fun and stolen away her brandy and beat up her new friend, buuut...she probably would have been in real bad trouble if not for him. He'd taken several punches for her, even! Several punches from the boss man and a lot of abuse!

She winced, deflating, and looked over at Clint with a defeated look.

Yeah...alright...so she'd kind of been being a total brat...but...she hadn't meant things to escalate like that! And then she'd just sort of gotten way carried away herself.

Biting her lip, she huffed out a breath and then made a decision: she swallowed her pride and bolted back into the place against her better judgment, following on Tomcat's heels. She wasn't even sure how she was going to articulate this apology, but it wouldn't hurt to try, and as she caught up to the man, she tapped him on his shoulder--

And then bounced back several steps, just in case he was angry enough to start swinging.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Wicked Basket

Tomcat turned around when he felt a tap on his shoulder only to find Nelly.

"You again," Tomcat said. "What do you want?"

Rhindeer

Nelly took a deep breath when he turned to her, then looked toward the ceiling for a moment in thought. Alright, now that she had his attention, how to get her point across...

So first, as a long shot, she took the easiest route for her: she met his eyes and signed at him, her gestures large and expressive to try to emphasize the importance and sincerity of her words: I'm sorry.

Wicked Basket

Tomcat merely raised an eyebrow and looked at her.

"If ye being trying to tell me something, just write it in the glitter on floor. There's definitely enough of it."

Rhindeer

Nelly let out another huff that sent her white bangs fluttering. Then, looking down at the glitter spread all over the floor, she shrugged and dropped down onto her knees and began to drag her finger through it.

When she came back up, her hands and knees were covered in the stuff, and I'm sorry was spelled out in glitter. She looked at Tomcat then and made puppy as at him, hoping short and sweet worked, because  the longer version would be a pain!

Wicked Basket

Looking down at what she wrote, Tomcat scratched his chin.

"So you're sorry, are you," Tomcat asked. "How old are you?"

Rhindeer

And Nelly's cheeks colored at that question.

She was quiiite aware that she'd been behaving like a child.

She pressed her fist to her mouth and coughed lightly, then looked back up at him with a sheepish look. Then, after an awkward pause, she held up her closed fist, then slowly opened and closed her hand three times, her fingers spread out to show all five, and then a fourth time. But on the fourth time she only flashed four fingers. Hopefully, he'd understand that she was trying to communicate that she was 19.

Wicked Basket

"Nineteen, huh?"

Tomcat took a sip if the brandy before continuing.

"I had thought about asking ye out because you seemed like fun and are kinda cute, but I'm not so sure now. Plus, ye probably aren't too interested seeing as how I threatened that lad's life for brandy, but the two of ye asked for it. I had just wanted to talk."

Rhindeer

And now Nelly's ears were really burning, because oh shiiit, had she blown it. She had really blown it! He had wanted to ask her out?! Out in what way?!

Because Nelly had no tongue but she sure as hell wasn't blind, and Tomcat was a rather dashing guy that had stood his ground against the boss for her! Letting out a loud groan, Nelly smacked her forehead at her own stupidity, then looked back up at him and shook her head quickly, waving her hands, and then huffed in frustration because she didn't have the bloody words! Why didn't more people know how to sign, dammit!

And she really didn't feel like doing more glitter doodles!

So looking back at Tomcat, she pointed at him, then at herself, then made a talky motion with her hand and nodded vigorously.

Wicked Basket

"Um... Are ye saying that ye would go out with me then," Tomcat asked. "Or am I reading ye wrong?"

visualspice

But before he could get a response, a very banged up Clint limped onto the scene, and oh so stupidly placed himself between the pair.
"Her answer is No," Clint informed him , matter if factly. "Because she's gonna be my girl." And he gave Tomcat the biggest of grins.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Wicked Basket

That made Tomcat laugh.

"I don't think that's your decision to make, lad," Tomcat told him. "Besides, what do ye even have to offer her? You're just a boy."

visualspice

"What?" Clint barked. "I ain't no child!"

Wicked Basket

"How old are ye then," Tomcat challenged.

visualspice

"Sixteen!" The boy declared with a puff of his chest.