Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Cats in the Cradle [m]

Started by Lion, January 11, 2015, 12:51:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lion

He wasn't going to lie.  That one made him jump.  Crowe looked up at Khanna from where he was perched and quirked a brow up at him.  "You keep that up, you're going to run out of enough of them to throw," he said and leaned down to pick it up.  Crowe was adept at scaling walls, fingers and hands finding just the right grooves to pluck himself up. 

He reached up, jumping up toward the ledge of Khanna's window and pulling himself up, and crawling through it.  "Just making a path," he said as he stepped back away from his boss.  "You wanted to see me yeah?  Here I am."

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Khanna folded his arms across his chest, fighting back any sort of impression he was impressed.
"You know most people use stairs. But I guess you take this Cat business too literally?"
Khanna didn't give him a chance to answer before walking away towards his desk.

"Come, I have something to show you." And he paused just before a mirror, looking from Crowe's reflection, but quickly to her own. A single hair was out of place, and he used a hand to smooth it back, and continued to scrutinize his looks before moving away towards the desk and gesturing towards an unrolled map.

"We have plenty of resources, new and old. As you can see, this map gets quite a lot of use out of it. I've placed a pin over the area you were scouting, and as you can see, during the time this map was constructed," he went on, tapping against the marker with a frown. "There was nothing there but trees and dirt."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

He watched Khanna oddly, watching the man push his hair back and his eyes narrowed.  He rarely took his eyes off the mirror, didn't he?  Must've been why the fool was distracted back in the swamp.  Probably got sight of his own reflection in a puddle or something.  Thankfully he'd been in the tree when he did.

Crowe didn't voice his thoughts however, and walked across to the map Khanna was intent on showing him.  He cross his arms over his chest and reached back into his belt, taking the leatherbound journal out from the pouch he kept  in the back and opened the page back to the sketch of the warehouse.

"Then that tunnel must be recent.  Or your map is too old," he said, gesturing to the worn, sometimes barely readable lettering.  "We have resources, but they don't include accurate maps, apparently.  That can turn into a nasty problem, Boss."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Khanna cut him a look.
"Not all our maps are out dated." Moving the corner of the larger map, she revealed a newer one beneath. "This one shows the area you were talking about." He tapped over the point and looked up at him. "Let's see if we can compare it to what you got."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Crowe furrowed his brow and nodded to the maps.  He unfurled and sketching and opened it up to the next page, the one with a more detailed sketch of the area surrounding the warehouse.  "See for yourself," he said, and allowed Khanna to examine without interruption.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Khanna cut him a look, but held his tongue as he went on to study the drawing against the current map.
"Seems our newer map is even lacking. Something this detailed..." he went on, a hand smoothing over the drawing. "Would be most useful."

Lion

Crowe didn't interrupt his boss's thought processes.  He just watched Khanna's facial expressions, watched the way his brow flickered while thinking.  Crowe crossed his arms back over his chest, keeping quiet.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"We could use more scouts," he told the other man simply. "Think you can add that to your repertoire?" Whatever that even was... "And a map maker, among other things. We can always use more people in intelligence." After all, there was always the muscle that was far too easy to find. So many men and women eager for blood and glory. But intelligence... those who could actually help calculate cunning heist's- well...
Those were invaluable. 

Lion

Crowe was just about to assume that Khanna would take away his maps for himself.  And why not?  The boss could just as easily throw him out a window and say Crowe assaulted him, take his maps and be done with it.  But what was this?  A promotion.  Crowe didn't question it and instead stuck out his hand.

"Whatever you need me to do, I can do," he said and nodded.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Ignoring the hand, Khanna continued to look between the maps before asking, "Can you start tonight?" Khanna was, after all, not one who liked wasting time.

Lion

Crowe put his hands behind his back and nodded.  "Yes, of course.  Did you have another place in mind?" he said.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"You mean you're a one card trick? I'd expect you to have at least some other leads. Or are you that new to the gang?"

Lion

"You didn't look at the journal thoroughly, Boss," Crowe said with little amusement.  He stepped beside him and he flipped the notebook and revealed parchments of all sorts of sketches, maps, diagrams, blueprints, etc.  "Until I get a feel for a decent crew, I can hit the Bronson Tradehouse.  It's a riverboat latched onto banks, a day's journey out.  But I know a short cut.  I can get there in less than six hours, as the crow flies."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Khanna lifted his chin, eyeing down Crowe in heavy, critical silence. Did the man just criticize him? What was his game- trying to test the limits when meeting the boss for more or less, the first time?
"We'll have to discuss the crew later. Trust has to be established first. What else you got, Black Bird?"

Lion

Crowe nodded, quirking a brow and flipping a few more pages to what looked like a manor in Arca.  "The Leger Estate.  Owned by Lord Varen Leger.  A petty Serenian noble who owes a lot of money to a lot of bankers.  But he's got a secret stash, hidden away beneath his estate.  A one, maybe two man job at most."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Khanna went quiet, but nodded at what 'Black Bird' had to say.
"Anything else?"
Might as well see what he could shake out of this new recruit.

Lion

Crowe raised a brow at Khanna and gestured to his hands.  "I'll bring you the wedding ring of Lady Leger.  Right off her finger.  I'm sure you'd find something to do with it."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Khanna raised a brow.
"I'd only be interested if it were her ring and her finger. But I guess we're at an end of what we're to discuss. I'll.. leave this endeavor to you. Should you need men, I can probably find a few willing. How long do you think this project will take?"

Lion

"I'll surprise you," Crowe said and winked at Khanna before gathering his journal and heading for the door.  But before he left, he took out the daggers he'd kept throwing at him and left them on the desk.  "I think you'll want these back, yeah?"  And departed.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Khanna said nothing, just watched the man leave. The knives were disposal 'income' more or less. As the leader of the gang, she, or rather, he had his pick of truly whatever he desired. Though he could be a bit frivolous, he was not going to waste resources given to him, so he picked up the blades and put it back in the hook of his belt before staring over at the door and then moving towards the window, watching the activity in the Post below.

Tags: