Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Darkness does you no good (DaGlobster)

Started by Ice, February 19, 2015, 06:18:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ice

Another day was just starting as a beauty of a woman made her way down the long winding road that lead in to town. She had bright shinning eyes and wore a wide smile on her face. She looked around and smiled as she thought about just how beautiful the sunrise was going to be on this wonderful morning . What she did not know was that this very morning was about to be the last morning she would ever have. Oh if only she knew how bad this was going to be. If only indeed...

As she came to the top of the hill that she had been climbing so that she could get a better lay of the land she heard a sound. The cry of a wolf. She looked around but saw nothing. So she began to hum a comforting song that her mother would sing to her when she was small. You see this girl was an orphan considering that her father left her and her mother died. Soon she would see the wonderful sun. soon indeed...

DaGlobster

Kruz'Iik was hungry.

Starving, actually. It was funny, because one such as himself would never expect themselves to be in this situation in the first place. He'd gone a long time since his last feeding, in an effort to keep himself as focused on his newest experiment as possible. The introduction of carnivorous plants to a certain section of the forest was something that needed to be closely monitored, after all.

But that experiment was over now, and he needed to feed. Reaching out with his mind, he detected a single, lone presence. It wasn't anything of particularly grandiose intellect but at this point, he'd take anything.

His shadowy form slipped away with the wind, and he was on his way.

Ice

Raven frowned as she now stood on top of the hill . It seemed that she was not going to be alone for much longer. As she stood there she saw something that made her shiver with fear. It was a pair of red glowing eyes surrounded by shadows. What was this strange creature? Was it after her? So many questions started to fill ravens mind now as she stood there. She the saw that the sun was not up yet. Maybe she had fallen asleep and was now dreaming. She began to back away now not knowing what she should do now. She then took a couple deep breaths and closed her eyes and started to sing. She was wanting to leave but was too scared to move at the moment.

DaGlobster

Raven's mind was easy enough to enter, even from the large distance between them.

In the blackness of her sight, Kruz'Iik's eyes would appear, burning down on her like two baleful suns of malice. Her song twisted and jumbled up as Kruz'Iik's presence sent her inferior brain into a subconscious panic.

"The woods are dangerous at night..."

Kruz'Iik tried to force her eyes open, to make her watch as he slowly approached.

Ice

Raven now felt a strange sensation wash over her as the creature enter her mind. She was now trying to clear her mind of its presence. She did not like the thought of having another creature entering her mind so freely . She had never encountered a creature like this before. She was kind of confused as to why it had chosen her to torment on this morning.

As she started to jumble her words she knew that this was not going to end well. She then heard what he said. She then had her blue eyes forced open against her will. She looked at the creature as it come ever closer to her. She frowned then tried to respond to him.

" I am not afraid of the woods. I have traveled threw them my hole life ." she stated looking at him. She then tried to run away from him. The more distance she had between them the better she would feel .

DaGlobster

"It's not the woods you should be afraid of."

As she turned to run, Kruz'Iik twisted her perceptions, so she'd turn to find herself exactly where she was, facing Kruz'Iik. The ground he walked on fell away into blackness as he approached. The trees all swayed with a wind that Raven couldn't feel.

"It's what's inside of them..."

Ice

Raven was terrified to say the least. This creature could control her threw her mind. That alone was enough to scare her. Then there was his looks and the way everything reacted to his presence. The trees moved like there was wind but raven felt nothing. Or was that another trick of her mind ? Raven could not be certain of anything right now. " stay back creature. I am not going to warn you twice." raven stated trying to sound scary. She was not going to show him that she was scared. No she would fight back if she could.

DaGlobster

"Or, are there any woods to begin with?"

The trees fell away, the grass withered. They were suddenly in a desert, the heat and winds whipping at Raven. Then, the desert froze over. Weak shrubs sprouted up in the permafrost, and the cloudy sky signaled they were in a tundra.

"Desert, tundra, hellish moonscape. All of these transcend the boundaries of your fear..."

In truth, Raven was still in the forest, but the things he was making her see and feel were just far too vivid for an ordinary person like her to see through.

The next time she blinked, Kruz'Iik would be directly in front of her.

"I can taste your fear."

Ice

Raven shivered with fear as she heard his words now. This did not make sense to her. She was now in a hot desert. Then it changed to a cold tundra. Oh how did this creature do this. And why her.  " no no please stop." raven whimpered as she stood there. Then she tried to back away. This was not going to work that was for sure.

She then gasped as she saw him in front of her. He was not going to leave her be . No there was something more to this. " get back" she hissed and slapped at the creature. Then she fell on her rear and started up at him. This was not her day . This was going to be a fight she would not win. Though that did not mean she would not try to.

DaGlobster

[So, is there any limit to how M-rated this murder can get? Because this long ago, Kruz'Iik was a pretty brutal guy.]

Raven's hand just phased through Kruz'Iik, as if he was just made of gas. He laughed, and the tundra fell away as well, leaving them standing on perfectly flat, gray rock, with the stars still above them. The stars shifted, forming new and alien constellations.

Kruz'Iik kicked forwards with his leg, launching a psychic kick powerful enough to send Raven rolling away from him.

Ice

(( No I am up for anything . See I like playing out things like this myself.))

Raven gave a gasp as her hand when threw the creature. She was not sure how she was supposed to attack him if she could not touch him. Maybe her sword could harm him. First though she would have to get up and face him. But that would have to be done latter. She frowned as she saw the tundra fall away in to rock . Then she looked up for a second and cringed as she saw the stars. Did this mean she was no longer on earth?

Raven then was pulled from her thoughts when she saw the creature kick towards her. She did not have any time to react to it. So she yelped and went rolling across the rock. She laid there for a few seconds trying to get over the pain in her side from the kick. She then glared at kruz'lik .

She then stumbled to her feet and tried to draw her sword and run at him. She was going to try to kill him before he could harm her further. Though raven was not certain how she was going to do that.

DaGlobster

[Alright!]

Kruz'Iik laughed, a sound which came bouncing off from every corner.

For a mindshifter, there was nothing more delicious than an intelligent mind, and the more stressed that mind was, the sweeter it'd taste. And Kruz'Iik was hungry, so Raven would experience new levels of agony before this was over.

Kruz'Iik stood there, waiting for her, as she ran towards him with her sword. Except, Kruz'Iik wasn't getting any closer. She'd see the ground moving beneath her, she was moving.

Ice

Raven heard his laugh and it only made her more upset . she was not sure what she should be doing at this point. she just knew that she has to get him. that is before he could get her. She was going to try to be rid of this creature. As she ran she found that she was not getting any closer. That made her stop and blink she then watched the creature. this was very very strange . what did she have to do to kill this monster? or at least make him leave her alone. this was all very confusing for her. It seemed that no matter what she did she could not attack him. This was going to be a hard battle that was for sure.

DaGlobster

Kruz'Iik stared on, and began pacing back and forth, eyes locked onto Raven.

"Come on, try a bit harder," he purred.

"Or are you really this weak?"

Ice

Raven frowned as she saw the creature start to pace. This was going to be hard that was for certain. But she knew that he did not know her greatest fear. She was afraid of being whipped. That was more pain then she could handle. As long as he did not know that she was unstoppable. she got mad as she heard the words he spoke next. " I am not weak. I shall kill you for mentions that . " she said. Then she forced herself to try to get closer to this creature. If she succeeded she would try to hit him with her sword.

DaGlobster

"Go ahead, then. Kill me!"

This time, Raven closed the distance in only a single step, something that'd probably confuse her long enough for Kruz'Iik to slug her in the gut with his knee, and slam her down to the ground by grabbing her by the back of the neck and nearly throwing her.

Ice

Raven almost fell when she noticed how close she had gotten in just one step. Indeed it was very confusing for her when she did that. Then she was even more surprised as he hit her in her tummy with his knee. She cringed and dropped her sword. "ahh" she stated as he grabbed her by the back of her neck. Then she felt a lot of pain as she was slammed to the ground.

She laired there for a few seconds as she tried to get over the pain in her body. She did not move for several seconds as she tried to think of a new plan. Then she slowly tried to stand up. As she did so  she forced her self to smile. " is that the best you got bitch?" she hissed as she was on her hands and knees.

DaGlobster

"Actually, I think you'll find it wasn't."

The surrounding area faded back into a forest, the very same forest they encountered each other in.

Elaros shot a hand out, reaching out with his mind to lift Raven up off of the ground and send her tumbling away from him. 

Ice

Raven cringed as she hear what he said. She wanted to run right now. She wanted nothing more then to be away from this creature. She did not say anything back to him. She noticed how the area changed back to the familiar forest that she used to be in. she looked at him with a slightly scared look . She did not like this at all.

She then saw him move his hand outward. Then he lifted her and tossed her again. This time she hit her head hard on a nearby tree. She cringed in pain and held her head. She then rolled over on her belly and frowned. Now she was in trouble. He was at the advantage here. " why do you do this?" she asked with a frown.

DaGlobster

"I do this because I must. Because when I consume your mind, your anguish will make it all the more delicious..."

He shot out a hand again, tightening it into a fist. Slowly, he began to pull Raven towards him.

Tags: