Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Home, Smelly Home. [M] [Glob!]

Started by Rhindeer, March 17, 2015, 01:15:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

Mei was happily sitting in the tub and scrubbing away the dirt with an herbal soap when Daersen was suddenly right there in the tub with her! She startled, but only because she didn't expect that! After all, the tub wasn't that big! And wasn't too excited that the water wouldn't stay clean quite so long now!

But she didn't really mind it otherwise. There were public bathhouses in Thanatos, so seeing naked strangers wasn't such an odd thing to her. Communal bathing was just a fact of life.

Scrubbing the dirt from her hair, blissfully oblivious to any awkwardness from Daersen, she laughed. "It'd be a shame to die now when you've only just gotten into the bath and haven't even had a chance to enjoy it. Though, I'd be careful about saying things like that. Did you know that most accidents occur within the home? And that a significant amount of them are related to bathing! People do die in the bath, you know! They slip and hit their heads."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

DaGlobster

"Well, yeah. But those people are also dummies," said Daersen, who pitched forwards to dunk his head in the water before it got too murky. He held his head underwater for a good minute as he scrubbed and rubbed furiously, before coming back up, looking considerably cleaner.

"So, you uh..."

Rather awkwardly, Daersen attempted to stretch his legs as far as they would go, hoping no awkward contact would occur.

"You been traveling long?"

Rhindeer

Daersen bumped Mei's bare knee, and she shifted her leg out of the way without fuss. She was currently working on her own stark white hair, trying to get it immaculately clean again. After all, with white hair like that, any little bit of dirt showed, and hers came down to mid-back when it wasn't tied up.

"Oh, not that long! Maybe half a year, now. I've kind of been all over the place! It's been a wild time. I had a bit of a mishap where I got on the wrong boat, ended up sailing to Adela instead of Serendipity, took a wrong turn and headed to Zantaric, then had to go all the way back to Adela and finally to Serendipity, where I wanted to start out anyway! It certainly hasn't been an easy journey, but it's been filled with learning experiences I wouldn't have gained if I hadn't made those mistakes!"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

DaGlobster

"Damn, that sounds like a hell of a mishap to me. Kinda hard to believe that a smart-looking woman like yourself hopped on the wrong boat. You must've been pretty miffed!"

Daersen began to rub his shoulders and chest, practically sighing as the grime came off with the water.

"You meet a man on your travels?" Daersen asked, genuinely curious.

Rhindeer

"Oh, I was surprised, but not really too miffed! I just got so excited and distracted, I...I must admit, I was too busy writing in my book I wasn't really paying as much attention as I should have. But it was fine. I just figured it must be what Inima wanted for me and the people were quite nice! They were Thanati, so it wasn't that terrible or anything."

Lifting a leg, she began to scrub away at her skin, focusing on her knees where she'd crawled through the muck. "Anyway, I've met a lot of men! I'm talking to one right now, aren't I? Lots of men and women and people who identify as neither or both or something different altogether. Like I said, humankind is fascinating!"

DaGlobster

Really? No way! Damn it all...

Daersen shook his head.

"No, I meant like...er...ah, nevermind," Daersen said, allowing his eyes to wander as he went quiet and focused on cleaning himself, slipping his hands beneath the water so he could get at his extremities.

At some point, his eyes locked onto her breasts, and they didn't leave. Because shit, how was he not supposed to look at them?

Rhindeer

For the most part, Mei was oblivious to his stare--mostly because she was still nattering away about the diversity of the human species.

It was only when she had chattered on for a while without getting any feedback that she trailed off and took a look at Daersen.

And found he was staring at her. Or rather, at her chest. "What are you...?"

She glanced down at her own chest, blinked, and idly splashed herself to rinse away the suds she'd missed the first time. Then she looked at him again and tilted her head.

"Is there something strange about my mammaries?"

DaGlobster

"Uh, What? No! Uh," Daersen's eyes shot right back up to Mei's, blush now visible on his skin now that he was cleaner.

"There's nothing wrong with your tits, I...Was just, uh admiring them an--"

Daersen's mouth shut like a slammed door, and his face darkened further.

Oh my Gods did I really just say that?

Rhindeer

...Eh?

Mei blinked rapidly at him at that. Admiring them? She glanced once more at her breasts, blinked again, and then looked back up at Daersen--only this time, there was a slight blush darkening her cheeks.

"Oh. Ah. Well, yes, I suppose they are...rather nice, as far as such things go, if on the small side," she said slowly, and sheepishly rubbed the back of her head. "Yikes. I'm afraid I got so distracted wanting to get clean that I forgot this isn't Thanatos and that your people have a much different view of nudity than mine do! Apparently you only see other people naked in sexual situations, correct? Eheh. Errr. My apologies!"

And, still flushed, she rose to her feet, sloshing water, and quickly began to scrub down and rinse off the rest of her body.

DaGlobster

"Oh, no it's fine, really!" Daersen said, not wanting for her to hurry up.

"I don't mind. Be as naked as you want! I'm rather progressive like that. Always believed in freedom of culture. We're all human after all, aren't we?" He said, desperately trying to get Mei to slow down.

"Really! I...uh...I don't care!"

Rhindeer

Mei looked at Daersen and slowed a little, but she didn't sit back down even as the cooler air made goosebumps rise on her brown skin. The water had gotten rather murky, anyway! And she didn't really want to soak in shared dirty water. Maybe she could request another bath be brought, just to make sure she was actually clean!

"Oh. It doesn't make you uncomfortable? Ah, I should have learned by now, but I suppose mistakes are expected! At least this time I made it to an actual inn and not a brothel! Now that was awkward!"

DaGlobster

"Really?" Daersen asked/

"Sounds like one hell of a time. You didn't have to screw anyone, did you?" He asked, realizing that he was going to have to ditch this bath sooner or later. He milked the water for whatever shreds of cleanliness he could still get from it, and stood up out of it as well.

A curious feature about Daersen was the curious fact that his body, apart from his beard and head, was hairless. Even in places where he should have plenty of it.

His teeth chattered as he stepped out into the cold air. He was still a bit grimy, to his great disdain.

"I think we're gonna need another bath..."

Rhindeer

"Oh, Inima, no!" Mei said with a laugh and a slightly wrinkled nose. "Though a man did think I worked there, and he did try...things. But an actual worker intervened so it worked out in the end. Apparently, that man was rather notorious for being a bastard, so it was just my luck he'd be there that day. Much respect for brothel workers. You know, we don't really have those in Thanatos? Or, well, we do, but they're rare and the workers are reviled. Quite a horrible situation, really. That experience really opened my eyes to the sorts of things they have to put up with!"

Glancing over at Daersen curiously as he stood, she noted his lack of hair, which was...strange, but maybe it was a Serenian thing, to shave all over. She wrung out her hair, which was pure white when it was clean, and kicked water from each foot in turn before she stepped out of the tub.

"I was thinking we'd need a second one," she said with a sigh, shivering in the cooler air. "Of course, I'm hardly dressed to notify them, but I could pop my head out and holler, I guess!"

DaGlobster

It wasn't even that Daersen kept his body shaved. A keen observer would be able to notice that there wasn't even a trace of hair on his body. Besides, if he had the means to keep it shaved, why would he have asked for a shaving knife as payment?

Daersen always thought it was some kind of trait he had from birth.

"Don't you have another set of clothes or something? Something you can throw on so our bath delivery men won't drop the bath when they see you?" Daersen asked.

"I mean, somebody's gotta open the door."

Rhindeer

"I do have other clothes packed..." Mei said with a frown. "I admit, I was just being lazy and not really wanting to put dry clothes over wet skin! Blech. That always feels gross. But I suppose I'll just have to bite the belt and make do!"

Because, unfortunately, she hadn't thought to ask for towels. She'd have to remember next time.

Heading over to her travel bag, she fished around until she found a fresh new robe, made of a light and breezy material, though it was solid and intricately embroidered. She slipped it on, cringing as it stuck to her, and tied it closed. Then she slipped on her sandals after quickly washing them in the tub.

"Be right back, then!"

Out the door she went, shutting it quickly behind her, only to return a couple minutes later.

"It'll be a few minutes and they looked at me funny, but they're bringing it," she announced as she shut the door behind her.

DaGlobster

While Mei was gone, Daersen could do little more than soak off his clothing (which was just as filthy as he was previous), more or less finishing off their first tub of water and condemning it to be dumped later on. However, compared to how they were before, his tattered clothing and robe were clean! and he slipped on his outer robe as he waited for Mei to return.

When she did, he smiled at her.

"Great. Listen, uh. I've been thinking..."

He stepped a bit closer to her, looking down at the ground.

"Look, I want to apologize for being shitty to you earlier. My day today was pretty rough, and I kind of just took it out on you. Just wanted to clear that off my chest, Mei. And also to tell you that I'm really grateful for all this, really. It means too much to me."

Rhindeer

"What?" Mei blinked at Daersen in confusion for a moment, head tilted, and then let out a sudden laugh.

"Oh! Oh, no, it's fine! To be honest, I'd actually kind of forgotten about all that?" she said, rubbing the back of her neck. "Really, don't worry about it! I think anyone would have reacted the same way to an intruder in their home, and you did save my life, grumpy or not. This is really the least I can do to repay you! I mean, you could have let the rats have me! You had no way of knowing who I was or what my intent was. I know I don't look like much, but this is Serendipity. For all you knew, I could have been a powerful mage criminal or something!"

Walking across the room, Mei took a seat on the edge of the bed. "So, no hard feelings. It's all behind us now!"

DaGlobster

"Oh, that's a relief. I'm a nice guy, really. But when you're begging on the streets, competing for food with men who are just as hungry or desperate as you, you gotta act tough. Crazy, even!"

He crossed his arms, actually forgetting that he was buck naked. What could he say? He was comfortable around her. He took a few steps towards her, sighing.

"Besides, powerful mages don't get run up bedposts by sewer rats. Although I'm pretty glad I came in when I did. Would've been a shame to lose such a smart, pretty woman."

Rhindeer

"True..." Mei said, scratching her chin. "But a powerful mage could have a powerful rodent phobia! And phobias don't really lead to much rational thinking. Why, I've seen intelligent men and women screech over a harmless house spider or a garden snake, and they know it's harmless and know they're bigger and stronger than it, but the fear is so intense they forget how to act. Oh, but phobias are fascinating things in general!"

Leaning forward and fingers steepled together, she grinned, eyes lit up like they always got when she spoke of something that excited her. "Did you know there are people with phobias of holes? Not just any holes, but like honeycombs, or a tree filled with holes pecked into it by birds, or lotus pods. Especially lotus pods. I'll admit those make even me a little squirmy. And there are even more ridiculous ones! I had a friend with a phobia of rice. RICE!"

With a laugh, she shook her head. "Do you know how inconvenient that is in a place like Thanatos?"

DaGlobster

"Holes? Rice? That's ridiculous!" Daersen said, shaking his head.

He plopped himself down on the bed next to her, not really feeling like standing up. He placed one of his ankles over his knee, and remained with his arms crossed.

"I don't believe you."