Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Delivery Disrupted

Started by TreeFolk, April 12, 2015, 11:12:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TreeFolk

Kieta used what little bit of control she had over her head to roll it back and forth, trying to get a good look around the room they were in. It was fairly empty, other than the metal chairs... On the edge of her vision, though, she noted a throne-like structure and felt a sick feeling hit her stomach when she realized what it was made out of. Bones. The bones of a bull had been woven together to create a throne, with the head and horns propped at the top of the chair, just high enough for someone to sit beneath.

"Maybe I'll find her some nice bull intestines to go with that throne of hers." She nodded her head in the direction of the throne, if he hadn't by then noticed it. "I don't see her being impressed by flowers."

Kieta shifted uncomfortably in the chair against the rope, sharp pricks of feeling coming back into her limbs reminding her of waking a sleeping limp, or having frostbite. Staring down at the box, she asked, "How effective do you think those are?"

visualspice

Trest looked down at the boxes, where the visible shining outline of the cuffs were visible.
"I don't know, but I don't like the options we got. Being The Bulls lackey isn't exactly one of my life's goals... Though dying also seems like a cowardly way out."

Ugh, it irritated him how slow he still had to speak, how heavy his tongue still felt and how sharp the tingles were becoming as his blood returned. He sighed.

"Maybe if you can't seduce her.. I could.." he said, thoughtfully. "Despite your outwardly portrayed aversion to my proposal of a date, I bet eve you can't deny I am quite charming. Women really like the blue eyes, and well, the good looks and body that accompany that can't hurt as well. However, assuming that wasn't offered to us first, one could also suspect The Bull is perhaps libido retardant, or something of the such. I've only met one other woman before like that and well, it was kind of awkward, believe you me."

Oh, right! He was rambling...
Looking back to the cuffs he frowned.

"How long do you think they'll give us to think this over?" He wriggled a bit,t he metal chair scraping lightly on the floor. "We could find a means to escape.." But even as he searched around, rolling his tingly neck muscles in hopes to get a better look, his optimism was waning.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

TreeFolk

Listening to his long-winded prattling somehow made the situation feel less serious, and although she would never openly admit it, she was thankful to listen to him. It was a bit like watching a young animal entertaining itself, in that it was both easily entertained and hard to maintain seriousness when around it. Instead she leveled a look at him, an eyebrow quirking up as she waited for him to wind down.

"I'm not entirely sure either of us would want to find out the consequences of seducing a women that goes by the nickname "The Bull", who also happens to sit on a throne of bones, which could be entirely made out of bull bones, but more than likely might have a few other types of bones in there."

She heard the bones in her wrist pop and crackle as she tried to find any give in the rope, and although she was slight of frame and her wrists were quite tiny, there was no way the ropes were going to move. At his suggestion, she, too, tried to move herself in the chair. Grunting, she couldn't even get it to scoot an inch... There was certainly no way of her man-handling her way out of this situation, and so she resumed her attempts to slither out of the ropes.

"I don't imagine too long. Bulls aren't known for their patience." She cringed as her skin rubbed against the coarse ropes. "And the path out of here is pretty winding. Even if we do manage to get out of these chairs, past any guards, and out to the tunnel system, it'd be easy to get turned around."

She paused in her struggles and explanation, a sudden revelation coming to mind. "Bulls also aren't known to be female..." An incredulous look crossed her features, looking straight at Trest. "You don't think...?" Was the woman a man in disguise? Or was she both man and woman? Or was the name completely unrelated to her biological sex entirely, and just about her name? It was hard to know since Kieta often took things quite literally, but there were quite a few possibilities.

visualspice

Trest looked to the bone throne.
"Point made."

And as he heard the woman struggle with the rope, he too, tried his luck at it, but the more the rope rubbed at his flesh,t he more he swore. This time, however, he decided perhaps the ropes were a silly angle to try to escape, and planted his boots flat on the floor. Thinking about his ordeal from earlier, he tried to gauge the weight of the metal chair by rolling on his heels and rocking it.

"Bulls, yeah, aren't female," he went on with a grunt, having trouble getting the chair to do what he wanted. "Cows, I think, are the correct name. THough that doesn't sound very threatening. I'm sure she has her reasonings behind it. Though if she's a he..."

He tried not to think of it, and suddenly the chair rocked forward, slamming a bit too hard on the floor. Trest cringed as the noise it made was just a tad too loud for his licking.

"So you know that vine trick you did on me? Can you do something about these chairs or something? Like, melt them away with magic or something. Or turn them into a convenient means to escape? Oh! Like a horse..."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

TreeFolk

((OC- So.... Upon reading "the bone throne" I had an absolutely inappropriate response. Are you also reading it in a sexy man voice? Because if not, you should... :_: I'm such an adult))

A snort of laughter escaped Kieta's nose when he crashed onto the ground, "I've never seen a Hawk more graceful than you, Trest." Even though her initial reaction was to laugh, she knew that the noise of the metal chair was likely to draw attention.

Straining her ears, she struggled to hear anything over the echoes of the tunnels. "You think I wouldn't have done that by now if it was an option?" She bit the inside of her cheek, debating whether or not to divulge more information about her powers to him or not. Did she really want him to know that she couldn't work her magic when she was separated from nature? Part of her wondered if The Bull had known her weakness, and had purposely placed them in a room full of metal, dead stone, and animal bones. Live rock she might have been able to work with, live animals certainly, but this room was as dead to her magic as was possible. She was just happy that the chair she was in wasn't made of iron... That had the potential to burn her.

Kieta didn't have the opportunity to give him any more detail, because the door to the room was opening up. The Bull stalked in, and Kieta looked worriedly down at where Trest lay on the ground. The woman lazily sauntered up to where Trest lay prone, squatting down beside him. "Oh, I see the Hawk has tried to fly the coop. I do this for a living, so did you really think you'd be able to escape?"

She tutted, physically picking Trest and the chair up and lifting him off the ground. Kieta swallowed heavily. What was the woman... man... thing? An ogre? Half giant? Something terrible. Kieta's mind raced through all of the possibilities. If they accepted the cuffs, perhaps they could work for the woman for a time, while also working to uncover a way to remove them? It would certainly prolong their deaths. And surely after that it wouldn't take too much effort to evade the woman... She couldn't possible have that big of an organization.

Kieta squirmed in her chair, which brought her under The Bull's attention. "Now you're not looking too well, are you? I have heard your kind doesn't fare well in captivity." The woman gripped Kieta's chin, close enough for Kieta to smell the rank smell of old food on her teeth. "No, not well at all."

She released Kieta's chin and walked to her throne, sitting down and crossing her knees, "I was going to be nice and give you more time to consider your options, but as you tried to get away, I no longer feel like being nice."

visualspice

Trest couldn't believe his luck. And figures he was on the floor when she returned. But he was grateful, at least, the woman put him back upright and tried no funny business.

"Who said I was flying? If anything, that was me falling... with style." He conjured up his most charming grin over at The Bull from where she sat upon her throne, and scooted forward so that his chair scraped across the ground, but he could get a closer, better look at their captor.

"And what kind of assumption is that? Anyone would cringe at captivity. Heck, even I'm coated in some uncomfortable, clammy sweat at the thought of it, though this isn't the first time I had to deal with this today. Seems you ladies have a thing for binding others to chairs."

And he tossed a look to Kieta incase she wondered if he was crazy, and he merely shrugged and looked back to the Bull.

"So we were thinking about your offer... but from where we are, its hard for us to get a really good grip on this situation, you know? I mean it's not like we can inspect those cuffs you proposed to us. How do we know if they'll match our skin tones? Not a lot of things can match with this hair," he went on, jerking his head back to use that momentum to remain his long, dark red hair from his face.

"But you're saying you've grown impatient with us? But we've just got here? And that wonderful dart poison you injected us with before you injected us with that other non-poisoning stuff- sort of does a number to a person, am I right?"

The Bull looked nonplussed, but for some reason, let the man speak.

"Anyway, what I'm saying is- Name your price. I've got gold stashed away somewhere like you wouldn't believe. Let us escape, cuffs forgotten, and I can make sure you live like a Queen deserves."

He might have been bluffing, heck, it probably seemed that way to anyone else. But Trest had an ace up his sleeve...
Though in this moment, he wasn't sure if he would live to see him use it!

TreeFolk

The Bull looked straight at her, smiling. "Oh, I think this one knows just how much more uncomfortable she can get. Uncomfortable like a sow who can't get her calf to teat, the pressure, the build up..." Kieta shifted uncomfortably in the chair, feeling sufficiently grossed out by the woman's description. It was true, her magic would eventually build up to unmanageable proportions if she was stuck in captivity for too long. But the result wouldn't be bad for her, it would be bad for those around her... She assumed the woman wasn't aware of this, or she wouldn't have been insinuating keeping her in captivity as a punishment or threat. Not that Kieta particularly liked blacking out and destroying things haphazardly, but if this woman chose to keep her cooped up, then so be it.

When Trest leveled a look her way about the chair bondage bit, she rolled her eyes and shook her head. He'd deserved it that time. The sudden slamming of fists brought Kieta's attention about, watching The Bull's nostrils flair angrily as Trest continued to try to charm his way out of the situation. Ok, so the woman at least had a temper appropriate to her namesake creature. The sudden behavior has been a drastic switch from her earlier cool, blase attitude about the whole ordeal.

The Bull's fists clenched viciously on the ends of the throne, which were constructed out of the balls of the beast's femurs, and Kieta thought she was positively snorting through her nostrils. Slowly the woman unclenched her fists before standing stiffly, forcing a tight, angry, smile to her thin lips. From behind her throne, she pulled out a beaten box, dragging it unnecessarily across the floor until dropping it within inches of their toes.

Popping the lid of the trunk, the smell of stale clothes rose from inside. The Bull bent and pulled out what was once most likely a white dress, and then pulled out a matching dirty outfit of shirt and breeches. "As a gesture of good faith, you will both wear these to tomorrow's dinner, along with the cuffs that you will place on yourself. That is the time you have to decide." The woman pulled out a needle and jabbed it into Kieta's thigh, making her cry out. "I have many such medicines to help my loyal followers. This one will help to calm your nerves for a bit." Frustrated, Kieta felt her blood slowing... She wasn't quite paralyzed again, but her arms and legs felt like lead.

The Bull turned to Trest and did the same, before taking out a knife and cutting their bonds off of them.  Kieta tried to lunge at her, her movements sluggish and sending her face down on the ground when the woman easily stepped out of the way. "Now, remember, there are worse things than death if you think to test me again."

With some effort, Kieta was able to roll over to watch as the woman left. Another grunt escaped her as she shoved herself up, grabbing the edge of the chair to hoist herself up. On unsteady legs, she stared hard at the door. "Are humans always this..." She couldn't even find the words for how bizarre the situation felt, and with so many drugs pumping through her, she couldn't quite remember how she had even landed herself in such a bad situation. Sure she'd been late with her delivery, but certainly it wasn't worth the punishment she was receiving! And Trest had only been doing what he always did... It wasn't like he'd meant to steal from this insane woman. The severity of the situation felt off, and she wondered if there was more to it than either of them knew.

visualspice

"Well, horse piss... looks like Bull's are harder to charm than I thought."
Sighing, Trest looked around, his body feeling heavy, and his mind- quite slow, tired. He sighed again, yawned even before turning to his fellow captive companion.

"So... about the options we have.... how do your powers work, exactly? I mean, can't you just conjure us up some poison ivy or more vines or whatever and use that to give us some epic sort of escape?"

TreeFolk

Kieta rolled onto her elbows, pushing herself slowly up until she was able to stabilize herself tenuously on her hands and knees. "Seems that way."

Finally, she was able to sit upright on her own,  slouched  over. "Nature. I have access to nature, I have access to my magic." She tried to gesture around with her hand, but she could only raise it a few inches before the weight of it brought it back down. "They obviously knew who both of us were. And so they prepared for me, and put us in a dead stone room full of metal chairs. Man-crafted things."  She  looked at him, almost sullenly. "And don't you think I'd have done something by now if it was possible?"

visualspice

"I don't know. I just presumed maybe your magics were muffled from the drugs too?" He gave a sluggish shrug. "But don't blame me for any of this now, its not like it was planned! Though as you've suggested... on their end it seemed planned."

His mind was still slow as he tried to comprehend this, but remained silent as thinking really hurt his brain at the moment!

TreeFolk

"Never said I blamed you, just that they knew both of us." She wasn't feeling well, so disconnected from nature. The prospect of being some person's slave was not only disgusting to her, but terrifying. Her greatest weaknesses surfaced when she was captured and cut off from nature.

"If anything, it seems to be my fault for insisting you come along. They seemed vexed with you, but not to the extent that they would keep you captive if you were in other company." She frowned, staring at the door. "Though their excuse for keeping me is not sufficient either. Being late for a delivery isn't enough of a reason to enslave a person."

visualspice

"Yeah, well, the Bull isn't well known because of her selfless ways. I'm sure all she needed was a combination of our blundering to tick her off. Well that... Or she's in the rag. You know, presuming she isn't a man. If I had to guess, these collars she wants us to wear are probably knew toys she spent a pretty penny on and wants us to try them out for her. You know... Becoming her unfortunate guinea pigs."

TreeFolk

Kieta walked over to the clothing, picking it up. "Wonder why she wishes us to change..." She looked down at her own clothing, and while they were a bit dirty, they weren't in the worst condition possible. The off-white dress was clearly too big for her, and there were tiny flecks of blood along the swooping collar.

She paced around the room, fingers occasionally running over sections that she hoped would budge. She could hear the distant drip of water, tracing it to what she heard was an underground river further away. Both were well out of her reach, and even if they hadn't been, the room they were in was sealed so efficiently that it wouldn't matter. She'd only be able to get small amounts of water into the room at a time, and she was no good at freezing things. Which, at this point, might be the only possible thing to do with water. Freeze it onto the hinges of the door for their escape. It might work... But wasn't a sure thing.

"Do you have anything of nature on you? I think they searched me, because everything I had is gone. So maybe a stick, some water, a leaf, whatever?"

visualspice

"Well, unless you count the mud on my boots, I got nothing," he went on with a shrug, and while she was walking around the room, he moved over to examine the clothing himself. The red blood against the white clothe was hard to miss, and he frowned as his thumb brushed over the rough material.

"Well, it's certainly not fashionable. But call me crazy, it seems this is the attire she wants us to wear when she leashes and collars us like her dogs."

He let the clothing fall from his hand. He wasn't sure he was prepared to give his life up, just like that..

On the other hand, he didn't feel it was quite his time to die.

"So what do you think, Kieta? Ever think you'd be forcefully employed by some woman-man named 'The Bull'?"

TreeFolk

She curled her fingers into a small hole in the wall, knocking her knuckles against it as she tested its strength. Tucking her hair behind her ear, she listened for the vibrations to expose an weakness, only to find nothing. "If anything, she's quite good at fortifying her den... Pen... I don't know what bulls call their homes."

She looked over to him, watching the clothes fall to the ground. "I think she is dressing us up for slaughter or for show. If we agree, I assume these are to show her new pets off." Her eyes took in the blood again. "And if we refuse, I assume there is some perverse pleasure she associates with killing those who disobey her in those clothes."

Her nose scrunched, and she continued. "At any rate, they smell of death." A sigh escaped her lips. "I don't want my own death to be added to those clothes. So I suppose it doesn't matter what I thought was possible. It just is."

She felt anxious like a caged animal, continuing to pace the parameters of the room. "We have a better chance of escaping in the long run if we choose first to be collared." She crouched momentarily on her haunches, wrapping her arms around her knees and burying her face in between her hands, an obvious expression of distress. The moment passed quickly, and she was back to pacing the room. "I don't think we're going to like the errands she will send us on, though."

visualspice

Trest remained uncharacteristically silent as this entire scenario continued to digest. It was a hard pill to swallow, that much was certain, and when Kieta spoke to him about not liking things, he gave a snort.

"Whatever gave you that idea? Her flattery or these lovely accommodations?" the playful sarcasm was still there, and if anything, worked wonders on his own nerves. Defense mechanisms were funny that way. But trying to stay light hearted even in such despair was his specialty, and he could only hope he could keep it that way.

He peered over at the woman, thankful that by now, he felt just about one hundred percent. Though he wasn't sure pacing, like she was doing, would get either of them anywhere. You know.. unless they could somehow use that to dig into the ground- and even that was a childish thing to dream of.

"Well, at least we're both on the same page.." he went on with a sigh, folding his arms across his chest. "That we have no other choice. Death is always an option, but that's a cowards way out. And well... to be fair, I feel I'm a tad too young to die. However, I'm not exactly a fan of... working for someone. I'm not exactly sure she'll... appreciate what I can offer... But of course, if I had my way, she would no longer have a face..." he went on, thoughtfully.

TreeFolk

"We may wish for death before this is over."

((OC- I'm going to fast forward))
The time for the dinner came fairly quickly, and they were given an hour to both dress and make their final decisions about the cuffs. Her body was stiff and sore from the hard surfaces of the room, because she had spent most of her time pacing or standing. Nervous. Frightened, though she wouldn't admit it aloud. Confinement, ownership, those were her greatest fears above all else. And she could feel her magic welling within her, uncomfortably so, without any outlet. She was fearful of what would happen when she was finally able to encounter nature again.

With the magnitude of her powers, came a lack of control. This was why she was hunted. The unpredictable nature of her powers could manifest in destructive, chaotic manners. True, they were still in their infancy as far as development, but she didn't know what the years ahead, let alone days ahead, would have in store for her. This was the first time she had really been confined without any access to nature.

Her fingers felt hot with unleashed fire, and she knew that if they stayed here longer, that the fire would burn. If the guards ever opened the doors, she could eventually try to burn her way to freedom... But at the price of her companion's life. And while she wasn't terribly attached to him, outside of a series of unfortunate circumstances, she did not want to live with the guilt of seeing him burn alive. Her feet, on the other hand, felt heavy, the earth feet beneath the dead marble of the floor pulling at her. Perhaps she'd be able to cave the floor in, and successfully kill herself along with her companion.

As far as this moment in time was concerned, she found her powers useless.

Grabbing the overlarge dress, she tried it on over her head, over her clothes. The cloth hung on her small frame, leaving her looking like a child playing dress up. She caught the scent of the Bull... Ever so light, and stale, on the dress. "I... I think this is a wedding dress." Visibly cringing, Kieta looked into his blue eyes, "I think it's The Bull's wedding dress." The size and smell reinforced her thought, and she found the situation all the more perverse. Had the Bull been promised to wed whoever had worn the clothes given to Trest? The thought chilled her to her core.

Using one hand to grip the bottom of the dress, so as to not trip over it, Kieta approached the chest with the cuffs. Looking down at it, her face paled and she swallowed heavily. "D'you think..." She knew she would sound weak, frightened, but she knew she had to ask. She could not possibly put the cuff on herself, could not possibly be the hand to inflict her greatest fear upon herself. He was seeing her at her most vulnerable, and she barely knew him. Disgusted with herself, but crippled with fear, she swallowed heavily and continued. "D'you think you could put it on for me? I..." She quickly, nervously, tucked some of her hair behind her ear, hands visibly shaking. "Not sure I can do it myself."

visualspice

Although it appeared Trest faired far better than his companion, it was a blatant, outward lie. But one he was good at. He still kept an easy smile about him, but his palms were cold and clammy, and if you were to cheek his pulse, it was racing. And upon seeing his companion pace about like a caged animal did nothign to help the nerves he was fervently swallowing down.

But he was at least good at keeping his business face on, and this... well, he could pretend it was business. However, when they both decided to dress, he was a gentleman and kept his back to her, removing his own clothing to expose his body lined with back tatoos, and of course, scars.

He discarded his clothing as if it were any other day, and soon slipped into his own white suit, which smelled stale and made him cough. The think was wrinkled to hell. It was like they didn't understand the meaning of the word ironing, but he refrained from the joke when he saw Kieta in her outfit.

He too, thought she resembled a doll, perched there with this ridiculously over sized dress. it made her appear so muhc younger than she was, but then again, he had to wonder if he looked just as terrible-
But hey, at least he was every inch a man! He was proportioned right, and toned (he made sure of that!) and held just the right enough facial hair to be charming. After all, there was a certain allure to a man who was scruffy, over one who was soft, baby faced, after a shave.

But as he studied her and heard what she deduced, he frowned and looked at his own attire, before looking back to her.
"That dress is probably why she never got married," he pointed out, hoping to lighten the mood, but even from where he stood, he could see she was shaking. And when she asked about the collar, he inwardly cringed.

Nodding, he moved to step near her, holding the prooffered item in hand as he inspected it.

"Funny how it doens't look that extraodinary... but this little piece of metal, and these simple clothes... They're goign to change our lives."
And though the statement was grim, he smiled never the less and told her, "We'll find a way out of this. I can promise you that."

Now he just had to find a way to be true to his word.

And holding his breath, he hesitated over her. "Are you ready?"
And when she'd indicate so, the collar slipped around her neck and snapped into place.

TreeFolk

He looked... Surprisingly good in the outfit of muslin fabric, and though it was stiff in some places from being unwashed for so long, it hugged his muscles in such a way as to show off his musculature. He was a good deal more sturdily built than most of her fae brethren, which made her feel a bit more at ease. And the small jests and jabs at the Bull's less redeeming qualities were quelling her nerves. Well, quell them in measured bouts.

Looking at him, and feeling so vulnerable, made her heart sink in a completely different way. She missed her brothers. She missed family. She missed running freely through the wildwood, her seven brothers close by to protect her. As she was there to protect them, in kind. They had been a cohesive unit, the eight of them. Trest reminded her a bit of the twins, all jokes and sass. Not that she thought of Trest as a brother, but his behavior was comforting in their current situation. Kieta knew she was reaching out for any level of comfort. Vulnerable thoughts for a vulnerable situation.

At his promise, her moss colored eyes looked up at him, tightening her lips and giving a curt nod. But when he asked if she was ready, she closed her eyes tightly. "Do it." Instinctively she reached out and fisted her hand in the fabric of his shirt as the collar snapped around her throat, breath coming in small, shallow pulls.

Kieta, once being able to control her breathing, disentangled her fist from his shirt, giving him a grim smile. "Not going to thank you, but I appreciate it." Her shaking fingers touched the metal of the collar.

As the door of the room began to open, she reeled her control back in, jaw steeling and a wild look flitting across her eyes. "Once we get out of this... arrangement... I'm going to make them suffer."

Hands clenched at her sides and shoulders straight, Kieta followed the guards down a dim hallway and into a banquet hall. The Bull sat at the head of the long table, along with a rather large, raucous gathering of her men. When The Bull spotted Trest and Kieta, she gave a wide, wild grin, slamming her goblet down onto the table and shoving herself up with such fervor that her heavy chair fell back and crashed onto the floor. A serving man rushed to right the chair, as The Bull bellowed. "MANNERS! We have a lord and lady in our presence! And ain't they something?"

Kieta's jaw tightened further at the leers of the men, eyes narrowing viciously at any whose gaze lingered. She felt distinctly self-conscious at how the dress hung off of only one of her delicate shoulders, and how precariously close the front of the dress was from exposing her breasts. She refused to clutch at the cloth like she wanted to, not wanting to draw attention to her discomfort. The Bull clapped her hands together, smile spreading even further across her features as she motioned the serving man to pull out two chairs next to one another at the opposite end of the table. "SO glad you've decided to accept the job! Welcome to the herd!" The men around the table clanged their pints of beer against the stone table. "NOW! Sit, eat, drink. We'll talk business later."

Kieta sat stiffly down into the chair offered her, beside Trest, trying her best to ignore the bulking, leering form of a man on her right. She clenched her fists tightly in her lap, sitting straight, staring straight at head, ignoring the commotion around her as best as she could.

visualspice

Once her collar was secure, it was his turn. He only hesitated after picking it up, and stared at it and  wiping a thumb across its surface. Funny... maybe the collar was just ordinary metal. It was all he could hope for before securing his own around his neck with a click.

The walk down the hall was a strange one. He felt heavy, not due to any physical change, really, but due to the sheer exhaustion of how mentally taxed the pair had been. And also, he supposed, his body was still recovering from the numbing poisons they were forced to endure from earlier. His muscles did ache a little, and just before they entered into the Bull's room, he cracked his neck- which was loud, and stepped on into the room.

The men around the table (as he was pretty sure her entire crew looked male), were just about as unpleasing as their leader. Some even had physical traits of pigs, while others, though human, appeared to fair similar complications on their lack of beauty. Bt as the Bull raised up in joyous appreciation to have 'new' members to her crew, Trest simply smiled sourly in reply.

"Oh, it was an offer we couldn't refuse," he went on, and took his seat beside Kieta, and released a held breath once he was sitting down. As much as he tried to look it, he was nervous as hell on the inside, with hands as fists, resting on his knees while his blue eyes were keen to observe his surroundings. And when the food was brought before them on a long, oval lined silver tray, he had to do a double take, as there was a pot of stew boiling int he center, with a few eyeballs bobbing around against cuts of human and animal fingers combined.

And it was then he realized...
We're going to die.

Tags: