Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Winds of Change [Liooon!] [M]

Started by Rhindeer, April 16, 2015, 02:22:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

Jayari gasped and spat up water (so attractive!) when she surfaced and touched her toes to the sandy river bottom, coughing and hacking as water leaked out her nose where she'd breathed it in. Blech! She held up a hand, signaling him to wait, and then pounded on her chest as she cleared her lungs.

Finally, she could breathe again (if not quite without coughing), and she sniffed and rubbed at her nose. Oh jeez. She hoped she hadn't beaten him too badly. Go her! He'd basically kissed her and she'd wound up kneeing him! Noooot the way she'd imagined that going!

"Sorry! You surprised me!" she said, flushing a bit in embarrassment, though her cheeks could have just as easily been flushed from the cold. She cleared her throat, coughed and cleared more water out, and pounded on her chest again. "Ugh! I don't think it worked, anyway. You might wanna try that again."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Lion

"Are you sure you won't knee me again?  Maybe miss my belly and hit my nuts?  That's what I get for lugging that big, heavy deer all the way over here for you?"  Ki'adan gave a forced scoff, but it was clear he wasn't set on letting her die.  Not yet anyway.  The last thing he needed was his father getting on his case for letting the daughter of the Banyur chieftain die from choking on water.

It could mean war.  And that wasn't very profitable for the slave business.  Everybody started to think they could run away and hide, and made his job more difficult.

"Oh all right, settle down!  I can't have you dying on me.  Just promise to keep your appendages from doing any lasting damage," he said and took a deep breath, stepping in close, his hands up in warning that he was about to invade her personal space.  And when he was close enough to pressed his mouth against her once more, pushing breath deep into her lungs.  Or that was the intention.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Rhindeer

"Yes! Dying! You're absolutely right, I think I might be in my death throes right this instant. I'll try not to violently twitch at you but, you know, death throes."

Huh! Jayari hadn't really expected that to work! But he approached her, looking dead serious about this (did he really think she was in danger or was he in on the joke, too?), and then--

And then his mouth was on hers, and as she wasn't underwater, she could properly enjoy it this time.

It was an interesting sensation, and strangely intimate, to breathe in someone else's breath, but Jayari went with it--and let herself get caught up in it, shivering not just from cold now. Because shit, why not? When else was she going to get the chance to sortofkiss him, the former prince of their rival tribe? And something about that was so scandalous, which made it all the more exciting, and gods her father would murder them both if he knew about this, both of them naked and locking lips. Which, as always, made her just want to do the scandalous thing more.

The excitement made her bold, and Jayari casually slid her palms to his chest and leaned into Ki'adan for more, turning it from simply swapping air to an actual kiss.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Lion

When he felt that increased pressure on his lips, Ki'adan's eyes opened wide, looking at her oddly, even "hrmming" a bit - something that might have been construed as a moan, and maybe it was a moan, and he felt her tongue sliding into his mouth.  He wasn't going to lie, it sent an instant shiver down his spine and made his leg twitch.

How long since he kissed like this?  Maybe she was a little younger, but not by much and the fact that she kissed him made it all that much more intriguing. So he responded in kind, less shy than before - because the time to be demure was all ready passed them.  He slipped his tongue between her lips, running it alongside hers, tasting mouth as cold water rushed at their feet and made his body feel that much hotter.

His hands played at her waist, slipping around the small of her back and down toward that ass he'd been admiring all night and taking each cheek in one large hand, squeezing it hard.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Rhindeer

Ki'adan wasn't the only one feeling hot-blooded. It had been a risk, kissing him like that--what if he'd hated it? But had he really just been trying to give her air, or had he been using that as an excuse to make his own sly play? Jayari liked to think the latter, because it was exactly the sort of thing she'd do. She pressed against him so he could feel her breasts against his skin, and the hard, cold metal of her piercings, and slid her hands over his chest and up along his shoulders--

Before her breath hitched in surprise and she let out a small squeak when she felt him squeeze her ass, and arched into him in response.

Damn! He was forward when he finally got to it!

She liked that.

A lot.

Maybe too much?

Nibbling at his bottom lip with her teeth and licking it after, she dragged her nails down his spine even as she broke the kiss, her breath coming fast and skin flushed with heat despite the cold. And then she grinned impishly and pinched his ass. "Cradle robber," she said, still grinning. "Coming onto your rival's heir. I oughta have you dragged behind a horse."

Lion

Ki'adan laughed, snorting a little at her threat.  "Why because you're a powerful, beautiful Duhjari princess, and I have stolen your virtue with a kiss?" His laugh grew louder, and he didn't know what amused him more: her haughtiness or the fact that she could really drag him behind a horse and be perfectly justified for it.  One did not just kiss a Chieftain's daughter and expect to just...get off.

He grinned. Did he plan to get off to something?  He couldn't say, except that he would just see where the night goes.  He reached down and grabbed her hands, pressing them into the skin of his behind and sliding them along his hips and pulled them up his lower belly, letting her feel the thin line of hair that grew there.

"And what would the great Banyur Chief say if he found with your hands a bit full with Dujarik's son?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Rhindeer

"Mmm..." The sound was half contemplative hum at his question, half appreciative moan as Ki'adan guided Jayari's hands over his skin. Her fingers twitched, for she'd wanted to linger on his ass, but then they were ghosting over his hips and then, boldly, along the thin line of hair that lead to even more exciting things. She bit her bottom lip, pulse hammering in her ears, and traced up and down the little hairs before fanning her fingers out so she could stroke along his hipbones.

"I don't think he'd say much of anything, actually," she said at last, flicking her eyes up to peer at his face. With a snort, she leaned in and pressed her lips to his collarbone, then the side of his neck, her breath coming out warm against his skin. "I think he'd be too busy murdering us both to speak!"

Boldly, she slipped her hands down further, nails dragging over his thighs and nibbling at his jaw. "Good thing he's not here, huh?"

But Jayari had gotten rather good at not getting caught over the years, after the first mortifying time it had happened when she'd gotten a little "tangled up" with a friend out in the long grass. Aharu had nearly killed the guy! Which made her feel pretty terrible, since it had been her idea. But it had never really felt fair, that men could have fun like that and she was expected to be "pure" until wed.

She figured she was still pure enough. Probably.

Lion

His skin turned to goosebumps when he felt her breath.  He wasn't going to lie, it felt wonderful.  It didn't hurt that she was willing to explore and that thought left his blood tingling.  He grinned at her.  "Well if we both die, it'd be worth it."  A laugh escaped him, coming out in a half-moaned breath as he leaned in and kissed the base of her throat.

"Good thing indeed," he said, snickering a little.  "But we still have that deer to skin and meat to cook.  The river will still be here."  He nipped at her lips, his own hands lingering down her backside and pulling her hips in close to his.  Despite his words, he remained where he was, fingers digging into her skin, committing her curves to memory.

"You have a strong supple body for a Chieftain's daughter, you hunt well, and shoot like a dream.  I imagine all those men you vested in combat must be kicking themselves for underestimating you."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Rhindeer

Oi. The deer. Ki'adan did have a point there; they needed to clean and dress it before rigor set in or bugs got at the meat. It would be downright irresponsible and disrespectful to the creature's life and death to waste it. But Ki'adan wasn't moving, either, and Jayari found it difficult to think very responsibly when she had her hands full of a guy she'd crushed on since childhood, while he had his hands equally full of her. Finally. And while the river would still be there, what if he had to leave again?

She let out a little groan at the thought but covered it up with another kiss, grabbing him by the hair and pressing her lips to his.

"Of course they're kicking themselves," she said when she'd broke the kiss, though she kept her hand still tangled in his hair even as her hips pressed teasingly into his. "Not only am I smokin', but if they beat me, they marry me."

With her other hand, she gave his ass a firm squeeze. "I've whipped them all, of course. None of them were worthy."

Lion

He moaned against that kiss.  Damn she was good with her lips and part of it made him wonder what other body parts she was most proficient with.  He didn't really want to skin the deer but it wouldn't do to leave it there either.  It wasn't fair really, to leave her panting like this - or was it he was was doing most of the panting?

Let's get to the deer, my ass will still be right where you left it"

He pulled away first and climbed out of the water, pulling Jayari up with him, finally tended to the deer.  Naked.  Since they were probably going to get blood on them anyway.  Besides Ki'adan looked around to her ass should she bend over.  He grinned.

"I doubt you're in any hurry to marry. Am I right?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Rhindeer

Thank the gods he pulled away first, because she really, really hadn't wanted to!

As soon as he did, though, she splashed some water over her face to cool her blood, even as she watched him step from the water--because that gave her a rather lovely view of the muscles of his back and his nice, tight ass. She took her time, wringing out her hair as she watched him while fighting down all of her crazy, crazy thoughts, most of the inappropriate, before she finally let out a sigh and decided to join him.

Time to slice up a deer and get covered in guts! Sexy!

Noticing him watching her, she bent over rather deliberately (rather than kneel more modestly) as she picked through her clothes to find her hunting knife. She took a little longer than necessary, pretending she had trouble finding it even though she knew exactly where it was, then drew the blade and joined Ki'adan, taking a seat beside him--and going right for it. She plunged the knife into the deer's belly and began to saw down its middle, guts flopping out as soon as she opened it.

"Nope, no hurry at all. That's why they've all lost!" she said with a haughty smile and a toss of her head that flicked her braids out of the way. "As I said, all unworthy! When someone worthy shows himself, maybe then I'll be ready, but until then, I only fight harder. I assume you're still unwed, all things considered?" And she arched an eyebrow at that, looking him up and down.

Lion

Ki'adan wasn't sure he was comfortable talking about the whole marriage thing.  But it seemed this whole trip would be about being uncomfortable.  He'd come to the place that had once been his home, had spoken to the man he'd determined he'd never speak to again.  And was now dealing with the Banyur Chieftain's daughter in some midnight rendezvous.  But it wasn't quite all bad.

He hadn't expected or remembered her to have such an interesting personality.  In fact, he was half tempted to best her in some hand-to-hand competition if only the prize wasn't to marry her.  He had no intentions of settling down any time soon.

"Ah, me?" he said, raising brows at her as he helped her pull the entrails from their kill.  Cutting from the belly to the throat was always easier, and the skin wasn't so difficult to remove.  He worked thoughtfully and methodically, all those old instincts coming back to him.

"As of now, no one has been able to corner me yet.  I don't have any initial plans to be married.  Life is too interesting to settle down just yet.  I'm not sure I ever want to slow down enough, you know what I mean?  Dujarik is not happy with that answer.  But then again he's not happy with a lot of things, so that's nothing new.  In fact, do not be surprised if he offers a marriage proposal to you."  And at that he laughed.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Rhindeer

"He sounds like my father," Jayari said with a wry but sympathetic smile. "Don't worry. If he sends a proposal, it's not like it means anything. I've set the terms and my father stands by it--you'd have to beat me in a formal sparring match to earn that right. And since neither of us are interested in settling down anytime soon, you'd only have to turn down the match--or accept your imminent defeat."

She wiped her nose, which was still stuffy from the water and allergies, without thinking--and grimaced as she smeared a bit of blood over her nose. Oh well. That's what the river was for.

She dug into the belly, removing the rest of the intestines like a long line of rope. "I get it, though, totally. I'm not really ready to settle down, make babies, and rule a tribe. Granted, the ruling won't happen until father's gone, but..." She shrugged. "I'm just having fun right now, you know? While I'm still young!"

Lion

"Right!?  Both of our fathers just don't get it.  Though they should.  You'd think they were never our age once.  Perhaps we should not run from duty.  But they must understand that we have our own lives to live.  There's a whole world out there beyond these Plains."

He hadn't realized it, but his actions turned angry toward the skinning of the deer.  Though the cutting was still methodical and the technique clear, he removed the skin with tense hands and didn't care that blood was getting all over his hands and arms.

"Have you ever thought about it?" he found himself asking.  "How big this world is I mean?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Rhindeer

Jayari's eyes dropped to the animal he was double-murdering, even if he managed to do it neatly and with finesse. She understood, though. The subject was frustrating enough when it came up, she too got edgy. She just had a slight benefit in that she'd managed to strike that deal with her father--mainly because he hadn't expected that she'd be able to uphold it as long as she had.

"All the time, actually," she said as she watched him work, admiring the dexterity of his hands and his skill in handling a blade. She was rather proud of her own skill, but she knew she still had far to go. She let him take over the skinning, not wanting to get in his way, and bent a knee so she could drape her arm over it.

"I wonder all the time about what's beyond those mountains over there--beside Adela, I mean, but those were our lands first, and I don't get why we don't just take them back. We're allowed to go there if we want, as far as I'm concerned. And what's beyond even Adela? Or the other way, if you keep walking the plains? Do they just...go on forever? Or is there an end? And what's at the end?" She looked thoughtfully at the sky. "Maybe the big waters? Though it sounds like a myth. Water as vast as the sky?"

She looked at him and cocked her head. "Do you believe that?"

Lion

Her musings actually soothed his momentary rage.  His actions had been so focused, methodical that by the time he rose up to answer her, the deer was largely skinned.  Now all they needed was to start portioning off the meat and fat and curing the skin.  Which was all still a lot of work, but it was a physical distraction that allowed him to think of his answer.

"I've seen lots of places in my travels.  You probably know I've been away for a while...a long while.  But I've heard those same stories.  People visit such places all the time, on large wooden vessels that take them across the....'oceans' as they say in Common.  I wonder if the water and sky become one at the end of it.  If you stare at those vessels long enough, they disappear in the distance.  I've never been on one."

He actually smiled at her, noting her expression.  But his eyes were somber.  "But this world we live in, the Duhjari...they will never see things like that.  They're too busy fighting each other and Adelans over land that is meaningless."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Rhindeer

It was a few seconds before something he'd said clicked, but when it did, she stared at him with wide eyes. "Hold on, hold on--you've seen it?" Jayari said, blinking. "You've seen the...the oceans?"

The word felt unnatural on her tongue and came out heavily accented, and she had paused completely in her work--and hardly noticed how chilled she was getting. His words took her mind off that completely as she burst at the seams with a fresh flood of curiosity--and felt kind of stupid for not asking him earlier! She'd been so intent on flirting with him, she hadn't thought to ask the obvious: where had he gone all those years?

Way to go!

She leaned forward, enraptured. "Where did you go?"

Lion

Leaving his hands to work on the deer, getting them nice and bloody, Ki'adan hadn't noticed that what he'd said captured her attention at all.  When she questioned him, he just blinked at her stupidly for a few seconds, not remember what he'd said.  "Oh yeah.  I'd seen 'em.  I never went out to sail upon them though.  The ocean is very vast, a great body of water ready to swallow you up if you believe you can conquer it..."

He grinned a little at her wonderment, watching it play along her features.  Despite her haughty attitude, she was quite pretty, if he was any authority on the matter.  Which he wasn't, but opinions were like butts - everyone had one, and everyone thought theirs were better.

"I went all sorts of places," he said after a moment of consideration, hands still working deftly on the deer, sorting cuts of meat.  He wiped his brow, blood spreading across his forehead and eyes.  He was sweating a little from all the work, despite having just dipped into the river.

"I've seen deserts where an ocean of sand expands outward in all directions, and in-between small oases of water remain where people bathe and walk around in the nude.  It's all normal to them.  That it really is too hot to wear layers of furs.  There are jungles even further south full of so many trees and wild vegetation one wonders how it is even possible to walk through them.

"Adela holds many cities as well, and many smaller settlements that are just bigger versions of Duhjari tribes.  Each thinks it's better than the other...and then there's Ketra.  Ketra is an interesting city, if anything it has a lovely 'brothel' as they say."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Rhindeer

Jayari had so. many. questions. About everything he was saying, each thing more wondrous and interesting than the next. People that traveled the oceans, oceans of sand, people that wandered about naked? She couldn't imagine a place so hot, though it did get warm in the plains, especially further south. And a place that had so many trees? It was hard to imagine.

But before she could ask several of the hundred new questions he'd given her, her mind latched onto yet another foreign, unfamiliar word.

She cocked her head. "What's a 'brothel'?"

Lion

Ki'adan blinked at her for a few long seconds.  Of course of all the things she latched onto, that was the one.  "Its, is a building. A special building.  Where people can pay to, er, relax.  It's nice."  The talking had passed enough time to finish the skinning and cutting of the deer and there was still a great deal to cart around.  They would eat well tonight.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Tags: