Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Yellowing of the Dust

Started by visualspice, May 10, 2015, 03:07:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

He was out for a good long while, and despite wishing to stay to ensure he was safe and undisturbed, her chores were calling. So it was nearly evening by the time he awoke, the skies turning violet, and the sun, a deep, hot red. The world seemed to take on a new persona on this time of day, contrasting the yellowing affect of the late morning.  However, one theme did carry through- and that was the calming peace that Vernada had come to call home.

But she wasn't the only one that lived there, nor the only one who liked to get away when not doing chores. Siko was her younger sister, and though a bit shy and quiet, still had the same adventurers spirit growing inside her, much like her older sister. And since Vernada kept Avery a secret from her family, Siko had no idea what she was walking into when she moved to open the door of the shack.

The second she did, in streamed rays of light, cut low and twinkling from the setting sun as it was cutting through the trees that lined their property. It was this light that hindered her vision at first as the young girl stepped on inside. But two foot steps in had her frozen in her tracks.

At first, she believed her eyes were playing tricks on her, but the second she realized the moving shadow with one eye was well... moving. The eight year old SCREAMED.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

That was quite possibly the singular worse noise he has ever heard. Avery pressed a hand to his ear and tried his best to press his shoulder to the other. His hand went out. This was a child.

Avery couldn't kill a child.

"Shhhhh."

He whispered, his wings tucked tight around his torso, hugging himself and hiding his bits from this poor childs eyes. Avery's heart was racing and he closed his eye for a moment before taking in the sight of her. So much smaller than other humans. Her hands were absolutely tiny and her eyes were far too big to be normal.

"Please, don't scream." He tucked himself further into the corner, eyeing the open door behind her before turning to a window. "Do you know who Vernada is? She told me I could stay here, just for today." The words were a rush, he didn't want to scare her. Avery didn't really enjoy scaring anyone. If he had more feelings he'd probably be wallowing in self pity simply because everyone was always so frightened.

"Can you get her? Just her. I will leave after, I promise." Pushing past the child was a possibility but Avery didn't want to hurt her. A little nudge from him could send her tumbling and she looked so fragile.

visualspice

Oh, he wouldn't have to come get here because the second she heard the scream she booked it over to the shed. Sweat suctioned the dress and pants she wore to her body, and dirt and scratches from tieing up hay littered her form. But the second she saw her sister standing there, her heart dropped.

Was the beast hurting her? Was it a mistake to keep him here?

But before any of that doubt could be answered, her younger sister took one look at her and screamed again, and this time, she dodged Vernada's grasp and headed straight for their house. Vernada's heart leaped into her throat before she turned around to look at Avery.

"What happened!?" And she tried not to sound accusing, but she was frightened for the safety of her sister, who she was sure probably peed herself at the sight of Avery!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

Avery wasn't sure if this was better or worse. Here he was, naked in a shed with one door. Currently blocked by some leaf of a girl who was yelling at him after the one that screamed at him ran away. This was bad. He pulled his hair over his shoulder and made efforts to hide his junk. He wasn't frightend. He was worried that he'd have to run. Again. So soon after waking up.

"I didn't do anything," Avery softly growled, irritated, annoyed.

"I thought it was you. If I had known it wasn't I would have just... Hid." His hand went to his head and he pressed his palm to his forehead before he stood up to his full height, looking down at Vernada.

Then he had an idea. A brilliant terrible idea and he gave her a look. "Come closer and wrap your arms around my neck." It was an order and the way his voice sounded there was no argueing with him. If those people came from the house. If that little girl brought more people with bows and arrows.

No. Avery was here for a reason and he'd be damned if a little girl was his downfall.

visualspice

Veranda understood what happened instantly, but the second he asked her to wrap her arms around him, she took a step back to look him in the eyes, confusion evident.
"What?"
What an awkward request at an awkward time!

Draconian

Avery took another step closer, invading her space.

"Put your arms. Around my neck." He said it slowly and from his face, he wasn't joking.

visualspice

Veranda froze in fear. It was perhaps the first time she ever truthfully feared him. perhaps it was because he was never so 'in her face' before, and had shown much gratitude for her help. It was also perhaps that reason she clung onto as she prayed none of this was a mistake, and that she hadn't helped a monster at all-
Just a strange, dark skinned man.

And though she was fearful, though she was at a loss of tongue, her eyes never once left his as she moved even closer and secured her arms around his neck.

Draconian

Good.

Once they were in the air she would hold on tighter. It was logical.

His arm wrapped around her middle and he picked her up as best he could before he spread his wings open. Giving them a stretch before he crouched slightly, gave Vernada a long hard look. Right into her eyes. "Hold on." It was a command, not a request.

Then they were in the sky.

If he had a human with him - a small one, too - surely other humans wouldn't hurt him.

Or ... No.

Avery held her tight, ready to keep her from squirming because catching things one handed had never been his forte. Even when he still had two hands.  He couldn't allow himself to be killed in that shed. Even if it meant scaring the girl.

They flew for a while. Avery thinking of little else but survival. He could bring the girl home. Later. But he wanted to leave and leaving with her just seemed right. She belonged to him. No, that wasn't right. He would bring her home. Later.

His feet touched the ground and he kneeled down so she wouldn't be up too high, he let his arm go from around her and stayed there. Avery should feel bad he'd just kidnapped her. They were far from her home. Far from any home, really. He just knelt there and stared at her, half confused by what he'd let himself do and half pleased with himself because this meant she couldn't get away.

visualspice

If Vernada was going to scream, she supposed she ought to do it now, but after the look he gave her, and the fact he was more or less all over her, keeping her secure and tight as his powerful wings took them into the air...

Part of her couldn't deny it was magical. You know, even if she wanted to pee her pants.

And when it all happened so fast and her violet eyes went down to the ground as it grew further and further away, she infact, squirmed alot and pressed her face against his shoulder. She hadn't even the time to consider what he was doing, or why, but after a moment of some super tense clinging, she released a breath against him before pulling her eyes away...

And stared down at the beauty of the ground beneath.

Draconian

They touched down and Avery let her go gently. Having long since lost being enamored with the ground while he was flying. He stood and looked down at her and they were very far away from her home. It had been rash and he regretted the decision a little. What was he going to do now? Now he was a monster in a strange world on top of being a kidnapper.

And this young frightened thing would hate him.

Avery could deal with that.

The thought of having left without her though felt wrong. He stared at her for a few moments before he spoke, frowning towards her deeply.

"I forgot my pants." That would be a problem.

visualspice

The second they were on the ground, Vernada's arms still remained attached to him. Being up high for so long, with the wind rushing past them and feeling weightless was definitely something she was not used to, and she feared she'd simply fall over.

And though she had been terrified, she was more awe struck than anything. She had flown, really flown! She never dreamed of such a thing (well, certainly, there were DREAMS) but this.... this was reality!

But the serendipitous moment was lost, and when he mentioned his pants, she went rigid.
Because well...
She was still very close to him-
and he was so very naked.

A blush swept across her cheeks.
"Shall I look away?" because she had a feeling she couldn't just cling to him like this all day. Even if she wouldn't look.

Draconian

Avery moved his hands to hold her close when she didn't let go, deciding he'd rather hold her than have her let go and fall off. He tilted his head, slightly confused as to why she was more concerned about him being naked than that they just flew. Clearly humans weren't normally capable of flight, shouldn't she be more scared? Avery pressed his wing hands against her back, gently moving up and down in an attempt at a soothing motion. 

"I have no shame of my naked form," his voice even sounded a little confused, "I was just informing you. You are gone and my pants are by your pond." Avery turned away for a moment," You're not going back, either." He frowned for a moment, looking up at the sky.

There was a strange sensation in his chest while he held the girl," I have plans. There are ...Things I need to do." He stared down at her for a moment, " And you need to come with me."

visualspice

Her heart was still beating a mile a minute. And she still felt like her legs were useless. However, at his words, at what he said, she bristled before squirmed in his embrace.
"What?" The shock and horror was evident in both voice, and expression. "What do you mean I can't go back?" And shefelt red hot anger at him. "You took me on my home on purpose? What about my family? My life? The work? The farm? My carvings?" And the pond where her heart had been buried.

She shook her head and tried to push away.
"No, I won't go with you! I want to go home!"

Draconian

Avery let her go the instant she started to push away, all of his hands going up and out, palms flat and fingers spread. He rolled his eye and shifted his weight, "Well I didn't pick you up and fly you out here by accident." It was easy to forget sometimes that these creatures weren't as old as he, that these little humans were so very young all the time. Even when they didn't look like it.

"I need something from you, Vernada." Avery didn't really know what he was saying. It was something he felt. Something that he didn't feel when he was away from her. A tugging. A strange unfamiliar tugging and it was pulling him in too many directions. " You have little choice. " He took a step closer, lording his size over her, his wings spread.

"You can come with me willingly or not, but you're still coming. Those things, your work, your life... Your carvings. Those will be there if you return." Later. When he'd figured out what was wrong with him and why it was her fault. Then he'd bring her home. To her carvings and her work. To that little pond. Maybe get his pants too, if they were still there. 

visualspice

Vernada's eyes moved quickly to read his face. Her brow furrowed.
"What do you mean? What are you saying? That you planned to take me away from my home?" She couldn't believe it!
"I helped you... I trusted you..."
Maybe she had been foolish and ignorant. But she wanted to look past the monster before her when he needed help. But now? Now she was beginning to rethink things... A lot.

Draconian

Avery winced quickly reeling back. There was an internal strugged. Did he want to intimidate her and have her fear him? His heart started to beat faster and he stared at her. The idea of her being afraid of him and not of what he looked like send dread through his gut. Maybe intimidation wasn't going to work. Obviously wasn't going to work. He closed his eye for a moment before he shook his head and moved to get onto his knees.

"I didn't plan." He shook his head, opening his mouth before closing it again, "I'm not from here and you make my chest ache." He frowned at her, trying to find a way to explain to her that would help her understand. "I don't care if you want to come with me or not," because regardless of what she wanted, she was going to come with him.

The bestial instincts in him made him want to go north. Every fiber of his being called this little human to go with him and so, he was going to do both. He would bring her north.

visualspice

He wasn't helping the matter and she felt her eyes burn with the threat of tears.
"If I make you hurt, why fly me away from my home? Why can't you just take me back?" And her voice was breaking.

Draconian

Oh no. This was getting worse! What was with little humans and just getting all of the bad emotions? Avery stared at her for a moment, "It's not hurt. I know what hurt feels like." He stood up and looked down at her, wishing he could do that regretting thing.

Nah. This was just a minor hitch in his not-so-well-planned-out-plan.

"It's unfamiliar. I want to know why it only happens around you." He stared down at her, "Taking you back will get me killed," The tone was a dry one. Simply informing the girl of his situation. Man he wish he'd brought his pants. He still owed her a favour. Maybe she wouldn't remember and he could do it after he'd regained her trust. Or something.  "We will bargain. You will come with me to ... Where my being calls me to be, " Because how could you explain demonic migratory habits? "And then I will bring you home."

visualspice

It was all so confusing that it was giving her a headache.
"They won't kill you! I wouldnt let them!" She shook her head and found herself asking, "Do you fear all my kind?"
But as he told her his plan, she shook her dad and stomped one foot.
"No."

"Take me back. Take me back to my home."
And despite her anger, her lips soon trembled.
"Please? Please... My family... They'll be so upset."

Draconian

"Yes. You're brutal cruel creatures. Something different? Why don't we just shoot it." His voice was heavy with disgust and Avery simply watched her, tilting his head, frowning at how this wasn't going at all the way he had predicted. Sure there was going to be a little bit resistance, but... He sighed and frowned down at her.

"I've made up my mind, Little Vernada. I need you with me to do this. Your family will see you again." Eventually. Maybe in a bit. Not tomorrow at least. The words were going to taste gross but, "Please. I need you."