Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Yellowing of the Dust

Started by visualspice, May 10, 2015, 03:07:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

She felt the sting of those words, even if they werent directed at her. Guilt was laced in there, keeping her stomach tied in a knot. She couldn't believe this, yet... As she looked at him, still on his knees she found herself asking, "Why? Why me?"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

Avery gave a dry laugh, his mouth opening perhaps a bit too wide to be comfortable for the girl. "You think I know? You think I'd ... Steal you away if I didn't feel like I had to?" Probably, yes, she did. Closing his eye he took a deep breath, "I promise to bring you home, but I can't go there without you."

visualspice

Veranda went quiet, fighting back tears with blinks.
"Why? Why so you feel you have to?" She asked quietly, feeling just a bit more uneasy that she realized his.mouth.... Had more teeth. And... And was wider than anything she could naturally conceive.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

His hand went to his head and he pressed it against one of his horns. "I don't know." Impatient was a good word for what he was feeling. So many questions. If they could just go. Avery didn't want to leave though, not until she agreed. But why. He took a deep breath and pressed his palm to his eye. "You're like a light." He stared down at her, "In my life, there's always darkness. There is fire, yes, but there isn't... What you are. It draws me in. It infuriates and confuses me and..." Avery didn't know. Maybe he could make something up? "Just... Trust me. I will bring you home."

visualspice

His draw to her, though he tried to explain it, was lost on her. But like him, she too, felt some strange connection, as if they had been long time friends reunited after being years apart. Except she knew little of him, and had increasingly more reasons not to trust him. But she found the only answer she could give was...

"Okay."

Draconian

Avery stared ahead and visibly his body relaxed when she agreed. He moved his hand, tracing his fingers along her chin before he drew his thumb over her lips to gently cup her cheek. Then he leaned in and pressed his lips to hers.

visualspice

Is this for real?
Or is all of this some dream?
It feels tranquil, like a river,
But as cunning and fast moving as a snake.

What just happened she felt she had no will power to control. The soft caress of his fingers, the way he studied her face...
So when this man, this creature came leaning forward to steal a kiss, she felt her heart beat so heavily she could feel it, deafening her ears. And when their lips touched, her breath was stolen away.

She leaned into it, pressing back softly before something inside her head startled her, probably the realization that she had no idea what she was doing, as she jerked away from him suddenly and stared at him with large, confused, violet eyes.

Draconian

The loss of the contact felt like dying.

Avery stared at her for a moment, his eyes meeting hers. Were they always such a beautiful colour? He leaned back, looking betrayed and he stoned his features and frowned. That kiss was a thank you. Not... Something else. He swallowed heavily and shifted his weight again, "Put your arms around my neck, we're going to fly again. It's faster than walking."

visualspice

Her heart did flip flopping butterflies.
"Fly again?"
Though she couldn't argue with him. Where ever they were to go, she knew it would be faster. However, this time she could anticipate the flight, and it had her nervous, palms growing warm with sweat. But her hesitation was only momentary, as she drew in a deep breath and stepped closer to him. And when she wrapped her arms around his shoulders, she slowly exhaled.

"Okay. Let's fly," she told him upon a breath.

Draconian

Again, Avery tucked her close, his arm a tight anchor around her midlde and then they were off. Up through the trees, into the dying light of the sun as it slowly sank to give way to the night. It was generally safer up in the sky and for a few moments he forgot where he was. Enjoying the warmth of the little human against his chest and the cool dusk breeze on his skin.

It also reminded him that he still needed to find pants.

They flew for a while, until the moon was high in the sky and the night had a chill. The lights of torches was off in the distance but Avery paid them no mind. Instead he slowed down, flapping his powerful wings and landing in an old ruin, the only thing standing was a few pillars and the stone floor, the wood having rotted away a long time ago. "We can rest here," Avery didn't understand the finer points of human comfort.

visualspice

"Here?"
As Vernada stepped away, her eyes surveyed the area to what was left of it and frowned.
"But out here.. is so cold," she murmured, rubbing her hands up and down the bare skin of her arms. "Perhaps we could build a fire?"
She didn't think she'd be all that comfortable other wise, because as the sun continued to disappear, the world only got colder.

Draconian

A fire?

Avery, for once, grew weary and looked at her concerned. She was cold yes, but he was warm. He'd just kidnapped her and he was naked. While he had no problem with her touching him naked, surely she would think him a beast for even suggesting it? Avery had an intense internal struggle. Swallowing he looked towards the clearing, towards the few broken trees and obvious kindling. There was more than enough to start a fire.

"Are you sure you want a fire?" Avery looked down at her, his wing hands moving to rest on his shoulders, tucked out of the way until they could be of use as limbs instead of just being in his way. "There are things out there." He looked out towards the trees, deep into the clearing. Things that the fire drew close.

visualspice

Vernada was rather sure of her...
Until the mention of things.
She blinked and looked out into the shadows.

"What.. what do you mean?" she asked, in a voice that was careful, and low.

Draconian

Avery cupped his hands over her eyes, as gentle as could be.  "There are no things out there now." His voice was soft, an attempt at being reassuring before he moved his hands away, "When I am near fire, it draws them. I change it." He moved to sit, "Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't." He nodded towards the empty stone ground, "If you would like a fire, I will not stop you. Though I am warm  enough to keep you from being cold."

visualspice

The statement was confusing. He was warning her, that much she knew, but then he was offering to let her get close....
Part of her dreaded it, still feeling utterly confused about their situation, but another part of her.... Felt comfortable? It was like they were old friends being reunited after a long time. And she found herself moving closer to him as she blushed and looked away.
"I guess there's no other safer choice, huh?"

Draconian

The hesitation wasn't lost on him and while he sat he simply watched her. "I won't touch you," Avery said quietly, holding his humanoid arm off to the side while his wing arms drew up and around his body. He paused and looked at his hand, slowly curling it into a fist. "I slept all day, I will keep watch if you don't want to use me for warmth."

visualspice

Vernada wasn't sure how to react to his statement. He won't touch her? Did he think she'd fear him after....
Her cheeks heated.
The kiss...

Her eyes went to the ground.
"Are you sure you won't need any rest?" she asked, awkwardly moving closer to him, but was immediately grateful for it, for he was infact, much warmer than she, and it helped stave off some of the night chill.

And she knew it would only get colder.

Draconian

Her concern touched him and he smiled at her slightly, tilting his head curiously and brushing his long hair over his shoulder so it wouldn't bother her. "I am resting. I'm just not going to sleep. You should though, Little Human." Avery resisted sighing, not knowing what he was doing.

Why was he doing this? Where was he even going? These feelings were troublesome and while he sought to get rid of them,  he wanted to keep them. Hoard them until he was bursting full with it. He opened his wings slightly. "My wings will keep you warm during the night. You will be safe."

visualspice

It was awkward, for sure, and she wasn't sure if she could just sleep. She more or less had been kidnapped, and even though she wasn't fighting it, the worry was gnawing at her that her family was probably worried sick.

And though she knew  Avery probably hadn't a real answer for her just then, she leaned in a little more closer to him and asked, "How long will we be gone?"

Draconian

Stoic and unmoving, Avery sat, still as a statue. Of course he couldn't understand why she was so worried. She practically radiated it, if he opened his mouth he could taste it on the air. Her question caught him off guard tough and he stared at her wide eyed for a moment. "How long?" Time had long since been a concept for him, for someone who didn't age he'd never worried about it.

He wasn't sure if he'd lost his arm ten years ago or a hundred.

"I..." Avery frowned for a moment, "A... While?" He looked confused, he didn't have an answer for her. Mostly he wished she would just go to sleep so that he could stare at her and try to place where she fit in his life and why he wanted her to fit there. "Sleep, Vernada. We will travel again in the morning. I seek answers and I believe I need you with me to get them."