Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Phone Calls

Started by visualspice, May 13, 2015, 01:09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

And now all Phone could do was stare at him, and stare.
"Er..." Maybe she should avoid the punch and any and all drinks for the night. It seemed something was spiked!
That.. or this man had a screw loose!

"I... should be getting back to the party. You know.."s he went on with a nervous laugh, trying to back away towards the door. "My parents might worry and you were right, I've taken too long."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

JackieCat

"What?  No!" Kinn's eyes widened. "I'm not crazy!  I swear!  You have to listen to me!  You are in danger, some bad people want your blood, doesn't that seem a little strange to you?"

Kinn was running his fingers through his hair again, he had to get Phone to believe him! 

He took a few deep breaths, ranting wouldn't help.

"Okay, okay,"he took another breath, and when he spoke again it was in a calm voice. e turned to look her in the eye. "Phone, Phonecia, you have to at least be open to the idea that you are in danger.  Bad people want your blood, and I'm assuming they don't want it just to do medical tests on.  They need it for something that I don't know about.  Something that probably isn't good for you, or Le'raana.  You have to believe me."
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

visualspice

Phone looked at him, then down to her feet. She was so nervous and had NO idea what to do about what he was proposing, but one thing was for certain...
Though he denied it, yeah- he was totally nuts!

"Well, um... I'll think on it and get back to you," she went on, nervously tucking some loose strands of hair behind her ear before-
Dashing out the door! And kept on running, despite people looking at her strangely. But she had to get away from that man! He was going on about her blood and secrets and all that jazz...

She knew it! She should have just sought out the library here and put her nose in a book all evening. It was SO much safer than socializing. She had NO idea what sort of people might attend these events because she had been so anti-social and awkward and...

She found herself soon in the ballroom the second it was announced-

"And now its time for the first dance."
And she just froze there in the doorway, panicked and looking a lot like a deer in the head lights.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

JackieCat

Kinn sighed in exasperation as she ran from the powder room.  He understood her fear and confusion, wouldn't any seventeen year old girl feel just a little scared when a man comes up to her telling her he was supposed to kidnap her?

But he had to get her to listen!  He rushed after her, and then the announcement for the first dance was called.  As people started to pair up around the room Kinn looked frantically around for Phone.  There!  she was standing perfectly still in the doorway, seemingly frozen.

Kinn didn't want to scare her even more, but it was necessary for her safety!

He walked up to her and in front of her, and he held up his hands in a guesture of peace. "I understand your confusion, and I really don't want to frighten you anymore, but you must at least give me a chance, give my story a chance, okay?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

visualspice

Phone nearly screamed, and while Kinn was trying to go on to explain himself, her eyes darted around frantically. The second she saw a man, any man, she latched onto his arm.

"Er, sorry, but I'm reserved for the next dance with him!" And her smile, being oh so fake, didn't seem to deter or even confuse the old man's arm she now latched onto as he turned to Phone with a chuckle.

"Eh? Phonecia, is that you?"

Uh oh... It was Lord Buttersworth; and if anything, the man was a nightmare and more than deadly at social entrapment. Though her stunned look was quickly masked over. Yeah.. it was better to be forced into a boring topic about wars long past that Buttersworth fought in than to well..
Be stuck with a crazy man!

"I do apologize.."s he went on, bowing her head awkwardly before guiding...
"Come on, Lord Buttersworth. The dance floor is this way."

Thankfully the old man still remembered his obligations in a dance, but as the two joined hands, so did the journey of some hour long speech she had already heard four times that week.

JackieCat

Kinn, by now, was extremely irritated, but he still understood Phone's reactions.  He had to get her too see he wasn't fooling around!

He walked up to where she was dancing with the old man and put his hand on the man's shoulder. "May I cut in?" he asked.

The old man looked slightly disappointed, as he had been talking quite a lot to Phone, but he stepped back and let Kinn step in.  As soon as the man turned away Kinn grabbed Phone's arm and walked quickly out onto the patio.  As soon as they were outside and the sound of music an people talking had faded, Kinn looked right into Phone's face.

"I said I was sent to kidnap you," he said in a hissed whisper, since there were guards not far away. "And I also said I had changed my mind about it, that I realized it was wrong.  It's true, I was wrong to work with the people who want your blood, but I see now that I actually do need to kidnap you."

He swung his hand around and sent a blast of energy straight at one of the two guards' chests'.   The man silently fell, the other was down before he could even cry out.  "They're not hurt, just stunned," Kinn said to Phone. "You may still think I'm crazy, but you must know by now that you are in danger, either from me, or some one else.  I assure you I will not harm you or bring you to any harm, but you have to understand, and this is the only way I see to make you!"

(OOC: I don't know how this works, I want him to take her from the patio and into some abandoned building to talk, but that would be controlling your character to go with him, how does that work?)
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

visualspice

OOC: Well, considering Phone isn't all that strong and wouldn't want to cause a scene either, it's realistic he'd be able to pull her along. However, if there is ever a problem with that not being realistic in a scenario, I'd let you know :)

Posts can be edited anyways, just in case!

Boy, was this one persistent! And if he weren't crazy, she might think that a rather good quality. But here he was again, going on about supposed to be kidnapping her but changing his mind and something about her blood and... then you know, saying he changed his mind and DID want to kidnap her...

Yeah, he was crazy!

"Yeah... stunned..."

But after the spectacle of what happened with the guard... she slowly drew in a breath and tried to figure out what was the best response for this scenario-

But ah hell, if the man was going to kidnap her anyway, there was no way she wasn't going to at least try to get help! And after she sucked in a lot of air into her lungs, as if in an attempt to calm herself-
Instead of releasing an equally long sigh-

She screamed.

JackieCat

(OOC: Thanks!)

"Oh, please!" Kinn said, almost in a pleading whine.  Guards would be coming now, so he would have to make a run for it, while dragging along a probably struggling Phone.  He wasn't that strong, as a mage, but he assumed he was still stronger than her.

Kinn sighed and wrapped an arm around Phone's waist and lifted her off the ground.  He bolted from the patio and into the grass.  He wasn't the fastest runner in the best conditions, with dry grass, and not carrying a seventeen girl, but with Phone, he was incredibly slow.  The guards were now giving chase, and Kinn's physical strength wasn't the best.

That's why he was a mage.

He threw out his free hand behind him, sending a wave of energy behind him, blasting the guards back.  Kinn ran into the street and through the buildings.  The guards were still behind him, and Kinn whispered a word and reached into a pouch on his belt.  He grabbed a few seeds and threw them behind him.  Almost immediately a wall of vines shot up in the street, blocking the guards way.

Kinn turned a corner and, seeing a dilapidated building, he rushed inside.  He clapped a hand over Phone's mouth and held still.  He heard the guards rush by, but then they were gone.

He took his hand from Phone's mouth and held her by the shoulders.  "Okay, I think you can see I'm serious now, even if I am crazy.  Are you ready to listen to me?" He quickly held up a finger. "You can scream again, but I will put a silencing spell over you and as well as not being able to talk or make any sound, it will also hurt."

He didn't mention that it hurt about as much as a mosquito bite, but that wouldn't really be a scare factor, which he felt he needed a bit.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

visualspice

She could not believe what just happened! Being whisked away by an 'anti-kidnapper' who was actually (in her mind) a crazy kidnapper, was not exactly how she was expecting the evening to go! Sure, she was a little bit quirky herself, but never to this degree!

So when she was finally set down and the hand released from her mouth, she looked about ready to scream, but his threat kept her from it.

She released a hot breath.

"You aren't giving me much of a choice!"

JackieCat

"Exactly, I really need you to understand," Kinn said, and he tried as hard as he could to get the sincerity in his voice. "You have to-!"

He stopped, frozen, as he felt the familiar rush of power, magic.  He leaped forwards, falling into Phone and sending them both falling to the ground behind a pile of crates.  A projectile of light shot over them right where Kinn had been standing a moment before.  It hit the opposite wall, blowing a hole straight through it.

"Find them!" a sharp voice called out. "He failed, we need the girl.  Do not harm her, but kill him!"

Kinn's eyes widened in fear and then he turned his head to Phone, who was right next to him. "You see?" he hissed.  "I was telling the truth, you are in great danger.  But we need to get out of here."

The sounds of footsteps walking about the room could be heard, the people searching for them.  If they didn't move soon, they would be found.  The only way to escape would be through the hole that was now gaping in the wall, leading out into the dark streets, but in order to get to it, they would have to get up and into the view of those looking for them.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

visualspice

Holy, Kia! Was this all for real!? But it was hard for her to believe it, it was just too crazy!
Shaking her head, she looked to him.
"How do you know they're even searching for us?" she hissed.
"Lady Ginnatene has a gambling problem, maybe they're after her and her new fiance?"

It made at least a little more sense than for her being the target! And she still was pretty sure this man who was 'not kidnapping' her was clearly crazy.

But then, considering there was danger just outside the walls, she bit her lip and chewed on it, as she chewed over any ideas. She then turned to Kinn.
"So what's the plan? My parents are at that party! If they're heading for it..."

She'd never forgive herself for simply running away when their lives could be in danger!

JackieCat

"When we make a run for the hole if the wall they'll see us and chase us," Kinn said, and now the searchers were nearly upon their hiding spot. "They won't go to the party, they'll be busy chasing us, so your parents and everyone else there will be safe.  We have to go now, or we'll never get away.  Are you ready to run?"

Kinn got to a crouching position behind the crates and waited for Phone to do the same.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

visualspice

"Wait.. woah, woah, woah, you want me to do what?"
Not that she couldn't sprint like the best of them, she had on a froofy dress and shoes! But seeing as they had no choice, she bent over to remove her heels.

"There. Now I'm ready," she went on, grabbing a fist full of her skirts as she nodded to him, waiting for him to make the first move.

JackieCat

"Okay," Kinn took a deep breath.  His heart was beating like mad, and he thought he was going to faint from lack of breath.  He swallowed and shook his head. "Okay." He reached into one of his pouches and pulled out a small piece of wood.

"Now!" he whispered, and shot out from behind the crates.  He made a dash for the hole in the wall.  He heard the whisper of magic, but before the other could finish the spell, Kinn threw the piece of wood out behind them, into the midst of the searchers.  He whispered a word and the floor by the other people burst into flames.  The crates started on fire as well, but Kinn had made sure the flames were far enough away so that neither he nor Phone would get burned.  He stopped at the hole in the wall and waited for Phone.  While he did he puled more spell components from his pouches, getting ready for another spell.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

visualspice

Phone nearly tripped over her skirts when the fire exploded. ANd by the time she scrambled to get beside him and in far enough to hide from view, she was gritting her teeth so hard she feared she might break her teeth!

"Could've warned me about that fire display!"

JackieCat

"Sorry!" Kinn said. "I'm kind of freaked out here, so if you'll forgive me!"  He shot a missile for energy towards the nearest man and then turned and ran out of the hole in the wall and out onto the street.  "Come on!" he called to Phone. "Follow me!"

He ran through the streets, twisting and turning at every chance he got in the hopes of loosing their pursuers.  He knew these streets fairly well, and hoped those following them didn't know them better.  It was night, but the moon cast enough light for Kinn to see where he was going, and he did have a destination, if only he could loose the men long enough to get inside.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

visualspice

Phone followed after because heck- she couldn't do other wise! There were crazy blasts of magic sailing all around, and as much as she wasn't one hundred percent trusting of him, she knew almost nothing about their foes.

"Where are we going?" she asked, when she finally had a moment to catch her breath. Her fingers hurt so much from the death grip her fists had on her skirts to keep her from tripping over them and landing on her face. "And who are these men anyway!? You've got a lot of explaining to do!"

JackieCat

"You're right, I do," Kinn said. "And we're almost there!"  He turned three more corners and ran up to a stable.  He opened the door and slipped inside.  Their pursuers hadn't seen him.  The place was a stable where horses could be bought, rented, sold or boarded.  Kinn knew the owner from a previous encounter.  Late as it was, the keeper of the stables, a man named John Rackin, was up and tending to the horses.

When Kinn burst in he turned to him and, seeing who it was, put his calloused hands on his hips. "Well, look who it is, the sneaky mage.  What do you want this time, Dice?"

"Just a horse or two," Kinn said. "And a place to stay.  I have money."

"You'll not have to pay for the place to sleep," John said, "if you sleep on the straw in here, that is, but the horses, they'll cost you something'."

"The straw will be fine, all we need is a little time for me to do some explaining," Kinn said.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

visualspice

Phone felt strange. Though she supposed a barn was as good a place as any to talk, and she waited for the pair of them to get a little more privacy before she turned to Kinn.
"Alright, start explaining before I start screaming. Who were those guys and why did they ask for me specifically. Because... I'm still thinking you got the wrong girl."

Her life was pretty mundane! And his claims made like zero sense! But now that they were stuck in this stinky barn, she supposed she might as well hear him out. Besides, he did help her get away...
But how is she suppose to know if he's the good or bad guy?

JackieCat

"Okay," Kinn said when John had left. "I know you're the one they're looking for, and I really don't know exactly why they want you.  All they told me was they they needed your blood and that once they had it the would be able to rid the world of all evil.  I must have been drunk when I accepted, now I see that they were lying, and it was a terrible lie.  I should have seen right through it.  Anyway, I agreed and they told me to kidnap you.  They also told me you were a traitor and a double-crosser."

Kinn sighed and leaned on a beam holding up the ceiling, closing his violet eyes. "I know, that was idiotic of me.  It was the most idiotic thing I've done in my entire life."  He opened his eyes. "But maybe not.  Maybe if I hadn't agreed, they would have sent someone else, someone who actually capture you and bring you to those who hired me.  The people who hired me were lead by someone called Syrion.  I never saw them, just heard the name from the people working for them."

Kinn looked at Phone apologetically. "That's all there is to it.  I know nothing more about why they would want your blood, and yes, I'm sure it was your blood they want.  Do you have some sort of magic?  Was an ancestor magic?  Anything, any reason why they would want you?" 
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor