Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Black River Calling

Started by visualspice, May 19, 2015, 02:29:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"I know of the world and the stars, of the creators of their pulses, but I feel as if I know little. And my faith can only take me so far..."
Aïda's eyes followed him, her body still rigid.
"What is it I am to know? I came here as a student. And I am willing and eager to learn. Please... guide me, teach me. I want to know. I have to."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DaGlobster

"The world is nothing but a speck, floating around in an endless void. A small, insignificant rock in a massive, uncaring universe. This is not the only world with life, it is one of an endless number. Your species has only existed on this planet for a mere couple seconds, compared to the races that have made their homes here. Your creation was an accident."

He stopped, and turned back to face her.

"Your world is filled with creatures hiding in plain sight, too horrible for human comprehension."

visualspice

Sobering at the idea, she nodded at Varian.
"I am prepared to learn everything."
For what she had experienced, humans could be some of the worst beasts of them all.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DaGlobster

"Many have tried to learn, as you are. All of them have found death, or insanity. But..."

He turned to face her, and extended a hand to cup her cheek.

"I have a positive feeling about you, Aïda. I think you may just succeed yet."

visualspice

Though the man was strange... she felt a blush creep across her cheeks at the praise.
"Yes, of course. I must. There is no choice. My family... my mother, all of those who died. I must have my revenge."

DaGlobster

"Your drive is commendable," Varian purred.

"We'll start with the simple knowledge, then. The ancient, still-hidden races of this world, how to call upon them, and how to utilize their magics."

visualspice

"But what of them? What must I know? Before I can use... Those beings, shouldn't I learn of them first?"

DaGlobster

"You will," Varian said, hating to have to repeat himself.

"In fact, you will have first-hand experience with them. Under my supervision, of course."

visualspice

Varian wasn't the only one impatient. But she knew, beggars could not be choosers. Drawing in a breath, she released a long sigh before nodding.
"Alright." She was letting her own distrust get the better of her. Of course he had said he'd teach her...
She just....
She knew what she was meddling with was dark magic. And for it? Her soul might be forever damned.

She lifted her gaze to him then, and had a look about her that made her appear much more mature.

"I am ready and willing to listen to you, Being of the Stars."

DaGlobster

"Come close, then," Varian said, opening his arms.

"Let me whisper the blackest secret of the cosmos to you..."

visualspice

Her hesitation was brief before she took those few steps to cross the distance between them. Her eyes strayed to his body, slowly studying him up close before lifting her gaze to his eyes.
"I'm ready to listen."

DaGlobster

Varian smiled, and he took a step closer. He placed his hands on her shoulders, oddly solid despite their semi-liquid nature, and he leaned forwards so his mouth was just a mere inch away from her ear.

Time seemed to stop as he whispered. He had so much to say, but for Aïda, it would only be a few seconds. Despite the information going too fast for her to comprehend, her mind would process it against her own will.

She would know, no matter how hard she tried to blot it out.

He told her the horrifying truth about reality, the universe, and man's insignifance in the grand scale of the universe. He told her that the universe she knew was only a bubble in the frothing ocean that is infinity, and that mankind's primitive perceptions and willful ignorance are the only thing keeping them from madness.

visualspice

Such powerlessness, such fear had Aïda's heart pounding inside her chest. It also aroused her on so many levels that she couldn't list, nor contain. Fingers traced along his strange form, before she released a trembling breath and looked up into his eyes and whispered, "Thank you," before the world around her began to spin as she collapsed against his form.

DaGlobster

Varian caught Aïda as she collapsed, holding her loosely as affirming that she had, in fact, fainted. He looked down at the limp weight in his arms, tail swaying idly, and smiled.

"Aïda?"

visualspice

Her only response was a soft murmur, but she had yet to open her eyes.

DaGlobster

Varian raised a rock from the ground, shaped vaguely like some sort of seat with a backrest, and he set Aïda down on it.

And waited.

visualspice

Aïda eventually came around. The knowledge had been so overwhelming that it ceased her body and forced her to digest a universe worth of information-
and also a colossal mess of emotions that followed. Unwittingly, she found her eyes wet when she tried to look at Varian, and she moved to sit up as she wiped at her tears.

"That...... I....... was not expecting the world on such a grand scale. It makes one think ones worries so... insignificant," and her eyes went distant as she pondered over this bit. She wondered if that was really this Star Man's aim, and she looked to him curiously, but felt too exhausted and unready to truly ask.

DaGlobster

Varian chuckled, and stood before her.

"In spite of this, are you still willing to pursue your goal? Does the throne still allure you?"

visualspice

Sobering at such a question, Aïda simply nodded.
"Yes. Despite the insignificance it might be to the outside world, here.. in this world, it is all that matters."

DaGlobster

"Ah, then a dedicated disciple you will make," Varian said, and offered her his hand.

"What do you know of the dark arts?"

Tags: