Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Friendly Outings

Started by Draconian, May 21, 2015, 12:31:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draconian

Tag to @Xphy  (Sorry this took so long D=)

Cadreinth had arrived with three horses.

Not his best stock since he needed those, but they were young and just generally good horses. They were trained for his family so he supposed the High Lady of Atlas Verde would appreciate the gesture. Cadreinth thought he was being generous. Horses as gifts. He pushed a hand through his opal hair and nudged his own horse. They'd stopped at an inn and while it was a smaller traveling party, it was still a good number of people.

Now it was a little past dawn, the birds were chirping, the day was heating up and he was almost to his desired location.

The lady would know he was on his way, he'd sent word. At least he hoped she'd gotten his letter or this would be very odd. Possibly look like bribery. Which it was not. Cad rolled his shoulders and was let past the gate. He got off his horse and fixed his suit - He'd made sure to look extra nice today, simply because of the company he would keep.

"I come bearing gifts for the Lady Ivrias." Cadreinth told a footman at the door. He was a little miffed when he just went into the house to get the lady instead of invite him inside but... He was patient.

So, Cadreinth stood in the Courtyard with four horses, a few guards and he occasionally shifted his weight and looked around. Well, this was sort of like showing up to a friends house uninvited. Awkward.

Xphy

Ivrias was more than a little annoyed at her current situation.

First her morning routine had been interrupted by one of her attendants about the arrival of a letter from the High Lord of Jadenshine. Come to find out that he was planning to visit her, which normally wouldn't have been a problem if it wasn't for the fact that he was supposed to be arriving today. What she wouldn't have given to have been the one to greet the messenger who had delivered the letter. She wanted to know how in Khia's name the letter had arrived on the same day as his visit. Was it the messenger's fault for taking too long to deliver it, or had Lord Cadreinth really waited until the last minute to send it?

She wanted to know who was to blame...

Then to top it all off she had barely had enough time to freshen up and change into something nice before her attendant informed her that he had already arrived, meaning she literally had had no time to make any other preparations. No time to make sure rooms were ready for him and anyone else who was travelling with him. No time to have the cook whip up a feast. No time to even let the other members of family know about it. But she would have to just make do with what she had.

As she made her way to the front door she gave out order after order to her house staff in hopes that they could at least get something done while she greeted him. She wasn't sure exactly how well this visit was going to go but she'd be damned if she wasn't going to at least try to make a good impression. Right before she reached the door she took a deep breath and composed herself before walking through it.

"Greetings Lord Silinrul," she said, placing her hand over her heart and bowing her head slightly before offering him a warm smile. Fortunately he had only travelled with a few soldiers so accommodating them wouldn't be too much of a problem. "You will have to forgive my doorman for not inviting you inside. I only just learned about your visit not too long ago unfortunately so he wasn't expecting you."

Honestly she would have preferred to have kept the timing of the letter a secret but making him wait outside under normal circumstances would have been inexcusable. Telling him was probably for the best anyway. It would make things easier for her if he noticed that she wasn't completely prepared for his visit.

With a simple wave of her hand her servants all moved forward to assist him and his guards with their horses and any luggage they may have brought. "Do come in," she continued, stepping to the side and politely gesturing for him to enter. "I trust your travels have treated you well."

Draconian

Cadreinth's eyebrows went up and he looked at the lady, his grin was wide and he lifted his hand to stay her servants. "I only came to bring a gift! I apologize if it was short notice. The messenger may have been delayed." That was a nice why of putting it. Cadreinth could feel his pulse in his temple and he was far beyond ready to strip that messenger of his duties.

"My lady, I come to give you horses. I was hoping you would join me for a ride before I continued on my journey." He nodded towards the palomino mare with the empty saddle. One of the three gift horses he'd brought with him. The other two, both males, had been led away already. "I do find offices stifling to chat in, don't you?"

Another smile and he nodded towards her, "If you need to go get appropriate clothing or if you're simply too busy I understand." Cadreinth gave a knowing smile, "I understand far too well if you're too busy."

Xphy

Ivrias' eyes widened in surprise when Cadreinth announced that he had come to give her horse and invited her to go riding with him. "Oh? If that is the case then you have my thanks," she replied, walking over to the mare and gently running her hand along its neck to greet it. She was a nice looking horse; not the best she had seen but young and strong nonetheless with a beautiful coat.

"And no I'm not too busy at all." As she spoke she returned her gaze to the high lord. "I would love to go riding with you, though as you say it would probably be wise to change my clothing first." Ivrias was actually mildly annoyed that the messenger hadn't mentioned anything about horse riding. Had she known ahead of time she would have dressed accordingly. In fact the clothing she had changed out of had been much more suited for such activities, but there wasn't much she could do about that now...

"If you will excise me for a moment, I shan't be long," she said with a curtsy before heading back inside to change. As promised it would only be a few minutes before she returned dressed in a simple green riding dress with a leather belt wrap around her waist and black hose worn underneath to prevent chaffing. With a smile in Cadreinth's direction she once again approached the horse and hoisted herself onto its back before turning back to the high lord.

"Shall we?"

Draconian

Cadreinth was a little surprised at how the High Lady rolled with the punches. He could appreciate that. Such short notice, a demand to go riding. Still there she was, high on her horse and he smiled brightly at her. "Yes, we shall." Cadreinth nudged his horse to begin walking, but instead of going forward he rounded around to talk beside Ivrias.

"I apologize for the short notice." He started as they moved, his own personal guard trailing behind them. Close enough to be of use but far away enough not to hear. " I thought we could talk without the office or the stifling suits." Sort of. Cadreinth was dressed nicely, looking every bit the High Lord that he was. His opal hair was looking windswept - A little too long - but it was a good look for him.

"How have you been, My Lady?" He started, offering her a smile, "It's been far too long since we've seen one another"