Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Yes, of Course I'm Staying to Watch! (SilmeriaElemred!)

Started by JackieCat, June 28, 2015, 10:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackieCat

Faelis followed Leyla and her father into the kitchen, where Leyla's mother was preparing food.  When the woman introduced herself, Faelis bowed to her in greeting.  "I am very pleased to meet you, Shaiya," the elf said. "Your daughter is a very remarkable woman, and I say that in the best possible meaning of the word." 
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

''I am glad to hear that. Means that me and my husband Drakkar raised her well.'' Shaiya replied. She did seem more openminded about her daughter going then her husband. But maybe he was just worried.

''Leyla has been honest and told us you two met while she was performing. Also that you scared away a rather big man. At least that does mean you can protect her while she can not.'' Drakkar said. But forgive me for being cautious. I after all wish my daughter to be safe and she can act on straight impulse sometimes rather then wit. We just want to make sure you do not mean her any harm which is hard to decide after such a short time. You can even know someone for a really long time and in the end, end up hurt.''

Leyla did not have to guess he refered to Kato but she did not say anything on that matter.

JackieCat

"It does," Faelis said when Shaiya said about raising Leyla well, and when Leyla's father expressed his concern for his daughter, Faelis nodded. "I completely understand," the elf said. "It is only natural for you to want to protect her."

Faelis internally cringed when Leyla's father mentioned knowing someone for a long time, and then being hurt.  Faelis knew the feeling, at least to some degree.  Betrayal, by his own parents, not caring for him while his brother was treated like the prince he was.  But Faelis didn't let his thoughts about his family show and cleared the thoughts from his mind.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

''I admit I do not know wether I should and can entrust my daughters safety to you. So hopefully with the brunch, you can make sure I will not reget allowing her to do this. She has been wanting to leave Arca for already a long time.''

''Brunch will be done in a about an hour. I will need to stay in the kitchen but take a seat in the garden. Anything you would like to drink?'' Shaiya asked.

JackieCat

"No thank you," Faelis said. "And about your garden, I truly admire it." It was true. "I have never been one for gardening, but seeing yours I was impressed."

He waited for Leyla or her father to lead the way into the garden, as it would be impolite to walk out of the house in the lead.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

Shaiya chuckled. ''That was just the small front yard. We have a bigger one at the back.'' she giggled before returning into the kitchen.

Drakkar opened the door from the livingroom to the back garden which was about three by three meters in size. Indeed relativly big. There was a pebble path, a nice patch of grass to sit on and various herbs, edible flowers and two small fruitbearing trees. The rest were plants such as raspberry, strawberry, tomatoes, and various kinds of vegetables.

Drakkar sat down and gestured for Leyla and Faelis to do the same. ''So Faelis. How old are you.''

''Oh gods..'' Leyla whispered very softly hoping it would not end up like an interrogation or anything.

JackieCat

The back garden indeed was more impressive, and Faelis sat down when Drakkar motioned for him to.  When the question came Faelis was expecting it, and, to him, a complete interrogation wouldn't be that bad.

"I'm twenty-two," Faelis answered. "Though I'm an elf that only lives a little longer than a human, I am by no means immortal!" Faelis chuckled.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

''Immortal... nobody is really immortal. There is arrows and illness. Swords do the trick rather well too.'' Drakkar replied. ''But, one year older then Leyla, thats not so bad.'' He smiled. ''And your experiences outside of this city? Where did you come from?''

Leyla was not sure where her father was going with this but she sincerely hoped he would not be difficult about anything. Truth be told, she would not mind if Faelis would lie here about his heritage. She had noticed he did not like to speak of it.

JackieCat

"I'm from Southern Le'raana," Faelis said. "An elven kingdom there.  I left when I was fifteen, my parents did not really care for me like I believe they should have.  They were not mean to me, but they ignored me, giving my older brother most of their attention.  I was unhappy and left, choosing to travel." Faelis smiled. "And as for my experiences outside of the city?  Well, I do many different jobs, sometimes I'll work in a shop, sometimes I'll guard a caravan that is moving from one city to another."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

''So legimate work.'' Drakkar asked. ''Sorry to hear about your family though. I hope this is not uncomfortable for you.'' he paused for a moment.

''Would danger occur what would you usually do?''

JackieCat

"That really depends on the situation," Faelis said. "First and foremost, I would try to avoid danger to start with, but if we were being attacked, I would, first try to get us out of harms way," Faelis frowned. "But if we were cornered, I would try to talk my way out, it works more often than people would think, but if it finally came down  to it, I would fight for our lives.  Though I try to avoid fights, like I said, talking the way out would be getting away would be ideal."

A Lie.  That was a lie.  Though Faelis spun it extremely well.  He was not one to avoid danger, in fact, he was often the one to provoke it.  Many times it went like this, he would insult someone enough so they would get extremely mad at him and attack, then he would briefly fight, then run, often with his enemy's money pouch.

But Faelis told none of this to Leyla or her father, of course, and showed no signs he was lying.  As a thief you picked up how to lie without letting anyone know you are lying. 

And Faelis was a master.   
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

Drakker gave an approving nod. ''It may be wise to teach Leyla some tricks. Dancing her way out only does so much. Alas steel and iron are not friendly to either her or my wife. Silver weapons are not practical and way to expensive so either a bow with flint tips or a whip should perhaps suffice for her. What do you think.'' he asked.

JackieCat

"As you, of course, know, you are very physically fit, Leyla," Faelis said. "And I know, in a fight, that that would be very handy.  If I do get into a fight, I often don't even use weapons, I am very capable with just my body, and while I think that Leyla's best weapon would be her body." Faelis smiled. "Though a bow and whip could be very helpful, do you have any such weapons?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

''I have a bow but not the proper arrows for Leyla to use. Also the bow is to large for her.'' Drakkar spoke.

''I have... some of my funds left. I should be able to purchase one weapon.'' Leyla said.

Her father however protested. '' it is best not to use up all of your funds. You can get the weapons from me. We will purchase them after the brunch. See if as a parting and birthday gift. That was coming up soon as well wasn't it?'' he said with a kind smile. But then turned to Faelis.
''I do expect you teach her how to use it.

JackieCat

"Of course!" Faelis said. "I would love to teach her.  I don't carry a bow as one of my weapons, but I know how to use one, and, I think, fairly well!"  He looked to Leyla. "And you birthday?  Well, happy birthday!"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

''Three months from now.'' Leyla said with a chuckle.

''For me that is legitly close enough to give you a present.'' Drakkar spoke. ''I do hope she does not have to use them that often though.''

''One thing does go without saying. I know it will not always be able, but send a runner with a letter from time to time. Also. If I find out Leyla ended up in a really bad place, I will personally hunt you down and get you. The previous ones who I gave that same treatment, are now broken shells of what they once were. Do not let me do that again.''

''So you will allow me to come with him?'' Leyla asked.

Drakkar gave her a nod. ''I should not hold you back. You are not that safe here either, with your line of work. Visitors seem to get bolder and bolder with you. Last night someone watched this place as well who looked like a drunk bar patron. But  do not tell my wife. She has been through enough.''

JackieCat

'Whoa, brother' Faelis thought at Drakkar's threats, but he wasn't really surprised. 

"Don't worry, sir," Faelis said, nodding respectfully at the man, "you have nothing to worry about.  And Leyla, I hope, will not have to use her weapons much, or, at best, not at all."

Faelis frowned when Drakkar mentioned people watching the house for Leyla, but he said nothing, he hoped on their travels than no one else gave her any trouble. "Not a word," Faelis said when he said not to mention it to Shaiya.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

Leyla was not happy with her father's threats. But understood them as well ; he had never forgiven those thieves for what they had done. Her mother despite still loving and kind has never been the same since.

''I will check on your mother for a bit.''

''Does she need help with anything?'' Leyla asked.

''Dont worry sugar. Relax.'' Drakkar replied giving her a quick rub through her hair before getting up and went indoors.

''Sorry... I did not think he would be like this..'' Leyla said to Faelis.

JackieCat

"It's okay," Faelis said to Leyla when her father left. "I understand his concerns.  There are bad people out there, and he just wants to make sure your not going to be going off with one of them."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

''It is a relief, you are not someone who intends to inflict me harm. My father is a rather good judge of character. As long as you have no intention of harming me, it is fine by him.''

she pondered. ''If you teach me how to handle a bow and whip... perhaps I should teach you to dance. Or is that not your thing.''

Tags: