Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Magic and Moon [private mature]

Started by Greenery, June 30, 2015, 01:35:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greenery

The seventeen year old Vertumnuns walked through the forest after being upset at both of his parents. They just didn't understand that he had feelings for guys as he did for girls. Cursing, he slumped himself against a tree and slid down, covering his face. Tears started to form in his eyes. He was dressed in a potato colored long sleeve shirt with brown shorts on.

SilmeriaElemred

Raen, back then 18 years old, was in the forest harvesting several berry bushes and trees from their fruit. Placing everything neatly in a basket.

It was when he was at almost the half of his harvesting round he heard something. The forest was aside of most of the trees, magic. Illusion magic woven into this very place and it could escape nothing or nobody, for it had become a part of the woods themselves. But it mainly targeted those who had bad intentions. Making them lost, walk around in circles, or after a full day of walking making them end up where they had started. But they never had trouble with authorities concerning this, for they would never let anyone die.

Heck. Sometimes sought criminals fled through this woods to reach Adela. And they were always given to the authorities to answer for their crimes.

Raen listened to the sound more closely, at first unable to figure out what it was until he identified it as crying. Forgotting his initial duties, he headed towards the sound and was suprised it had lead him to someone his age. Perhaps a little bit younger or older.

He put down the basket of fruit and aproached the man. ''Hey... what's wrong'' he asked. No weapons drawn or sign of hostility came from the Moonelf. He did not feel like he had too.

Greenery

Vertumnunus looked up to see the moon elf. The golden eyes seemed to have concern as well as stare into his soul. His hair was silver and came down to his shoulder blades. He didn't feel like flirting like he would after seeing a hot guy, but felt too bad.

"Nothing..." He looked down, wiping his tears away and standing to his feet. "I didn't mean to disturbed you.." The young sorcerer folded his arms across his chest, not making eye contact again. 

SilmeriaElemred

''You are not disturbing me at all.'' Raen assured and offered his hand. ''Come. I can not leave a troubled person behind. I can bring you to my place where you can calm your senses.''

His smile was gentle. ''If you wont be walking I will carry you though.''  if it was a joke it most likely was a poor one but Raen could just not leave this person behind like this and return to his duties as if nothing happened.

Greenery

He looked at the creature's hand for a second, hesitant about allowing the creature to lead him anywhere. Vertumnuns had heard stories about men getting lost in this forest. Even losing their minds to the horrid nightmares that seemed to come true.

However, he placed his hand in his. "W-what are you? Some type of...elf?" Vertmnuns asked, his dark brown eyes soft and weary.

SilmeriaElemred

''I am a Moonelf. I live in these woods with the rest of our kin. Secluded, hidden...  not many of us leave our borders. Only a few to trade in the cities once a while. And a few were brave enough to set out on a journey so I am not suprised if you have not seen any of my kin before. Also the ones who settled here first, weaved very powerful illusion magic into these woods. It is our only protection against those who mean harm. My kin does not kill and basicly, all of us hate to fight so if a group of bandits charges in we are kind of in trouble. The illusions are sometimes horrible but that tends to mean those who see them are horrible themselves. But we do not allow anybody to die.'' he assured.

''And those who need help, we give it to them.'' still he had his hand reached out.

Greenery

He had never heard of a "Moonelf" before. Well, rather seen one in real life. He, however, read a small paragraph on them we he was studing elfish magic. Another thing his parents disapproved of. They didn't like him using magic over medicine, but didn't care if they did or not. Vertumnuns took the hand of the moonelf and smiled slightly, wiping a wandering tear from his eye with his other hand.

"Anywhere is better than there.." Vertmnuns mumbled, slowly looking up.

SilmeriaElemred

''My thoughts exactly'' Raen said giving the mans hand a gentle, reassuring squeeze in his hand. Before he lead him to the village he picked up the basket. Dropping his duties was one thing, forgetting the basket another. The next shift could go to the few harvesting locations he would skip.

Any illusions that came on their path were removed by him. Raen figured this young man had been through enough already. Although some illusions were pleasant it was most likely not what would be appreciated at this moment.

The walk took about an hour and they reached a very large clearing with neat gardens with pleasant smelling herbs and flowers, a large temple shaped like a cresent moon of multiple stories high made of white stone. the area itself had the size of a small sized village and easily could hold a few hundred people if homes had been built on empty places that were still there.

There were children playing and the area gave of a gentle atmosphere. What was the easiest thing to notice however was that the men were all having light till golden hair, and semi tanned skin and the women had dark hair variating from black to shades of purple or blue. Their skins were paler as well.

''Raen back already?'' a moonelf girl no older then 10 dashed their way. ''Who is your new friend?'' she asked.

''This is my little sister. Livia.'' Raen said to Vertumnuns before he brought himself to her height. ''Livia, could you bring the basket to the kitchenstaff and tell my superior I found someone in the woods? I had not harvested the North part of my route yet so someone else could do it.''

''I can do it!'' the girl said enthausiasticly as she took the basket. ''You will get scolded at again though.'' she said teasingly.

''For what it's worth, I do not care another time of scolding.'' Raen assured patting his little sister on her head before she dashed off.

A few more greeted the both of them but before they would be flocked, Raen lead Vertumnuns into the cresent temple where at the second floor his own room was. It was actually rather spacious looking due to the light colors of the stone, the open windows with purple mesh curtains and light wooden tables.

''I think some peace and quiet would do you better then introducing you to everyone.'' Raen said, now letting go of Vertumnuns' hand and took two glasses. Filling it with water from a glass carafe what had raspberries and mint leaves to give the water a soft but nice flavour. He gave one of the glasses to the sorcerer figuring he might be thirsty.

Greenery

Vertumnuns followed the moonelf through the woods, thankful that there weren't any illusions plaguing him. The last thing he needed was scaring nightmares and uplifting daydreams. He held onto his hand the entire time, not thinking once of letting go.

When they finally came to the village of the moonelves, a smile came across his face. He couldn't help it. The plants, little homes and the beautiful white marble temple gave him pause. He watched as little moonelves played with one another which reminded him of a time more simpler than the current one. The sorcerer saw a little girl come up to the one who brought him there, apparently his younger sister.

"Hello." He greeted awkwardly specially sense he was still holding the teenage  moonelf's hand. I guess they weren't as up tight about same gender public display of...touching. The girl also had light purple eyes like lavender plant and silver hair. A little different from her older brother.

Vertmununs greeted the other elves of the village before ending up on the second story of the moon crescent shaped temple. He looked around the room after letting go of the other boy's hand. He remembered one thing from the book he was reading and so turned around to face him.

"The Sun is your God, the stars...the stars your guidance." He thought for a second before finishing it. "And the Moon is your Goddess." 

SilmeriaElemred

''Correct.'' Raen replied as he took a sip of his own water. ''Selfishly spoken, according to the legend we are the sons and daughters of a sun God named Solos, and moon Goddess named Lunaria. They loved one another deeply but after so many tries, the Lunaria was not able to be with child. So the both of them blessed elves and some humans uncapable to have children of their own, with a little bit of their power. Giving birth to the first Moonelves. In theory the men should be named Sunelves but there was already a race named as such so we stuck with Moon instead.'' he jestered a little. ''The full story is sad and beautiful. But rather then taking things to litterly... we just accepted it as a legend from our firstborn.''

there was a handcarved wooden bench with soft pillows on it and a few toys, most likely belonging to his sister, neatly stored on a shelf. ''If I may ask. What was it that made you so sad.'' he asked as he looked at Vertumnuns. Despite he smiled it was different then before. It was not nessesarily pity. He himself hated it to be pitied if the moment was there. But his smile was comforting and sympathic.

Greenery

He nodded his head slowly as he told him the story. He had read it in the elvish book, thus allowing him to understand everything. "Sometimes life is like that; bittersweet." Vertumnuns stated with a sigh before taking the glass from the moonelf and taking a cautious sip of it just in case he didn't like the taste. Oh boy was he wrong! The water had flavor, but wasn't being overrun with raspberry and mint. This made his mood a bit happier.

Well, it was until the teenager asked why he was sad. Vertumnuns decided to tell him after a moment of silence. "My parents don't understand...won't accept that I am drawn by...those of my opposite." With a deep sigh, he finished his answer. "the same gender..."

SilmeriaElemred

''I see.'' Raen said thoughtfully.

''Love is a beautiful thing which should not be blocked by gender, or race. My kin... we fall in love with whom we fall in love with. Some who visit here to trade or rest or are brought here not having anywhere else to go do not understand it at first either. Eventually they realise it is the personality of our partner that is most important. And my kin binds themselves to their partners forever.'' he did not go further into detail regarding that. Raen had not found a lover yet. He had a few friends but to not a single one he knew, he felt sexually attracted to.

He paused briefly. ''If... you find where you live suffocating, you can live here for a while. We have guest quarters where people can stay if they have no place to go. However. At some point, wether fortunatly or not... it has to be discussed. Things like this leave voids and pain.'' he pondered briefly. ''Maybe there is a reason they do not want to accept it.''

Greenery

The wise words that came from him gave him comfort. He had offered him to take up vacancy there and was debating accepting it or not. Yes, his parents would start to worry, but at the same time, he didn't want to live there anymore if every time he had one of his male friends come over have them asked if they were his boyfriend.

"I don't care what their reasons are if I can be frank." His sadness slowly turned into anger. "B-but I accept your offer for me to stay." He looked up at him and smiled slightly. "What's your name?"

SilmeriaElemred

''Raen. Just Raen.'' he said. His mother and father both did not really had a last name and last names were more person bound then family, for them mainly being nicknames or titles.

''What about your name'' he asked and finished his glass of water. He went to the table and refilled it, asking Vertumnuns if he wanted a refill too.

Greenery

"Nice to meet you, Just Raen." He teased a little, trying to lighten up the mood before letting Raen refill his glass. I'm Vertumnuns Armus, but you can call me Vertus." The sorcerer waited for his glass to be refilled before looking down at his lap. "So, um. I can work here too. I'm really good with magic." He didn't like sitting on his ass while everyone else worked around him.

SilmeriaElemred

Raen refilled the glass and allowed a strawberry to fall in with the flow of water. ''There is always work to be done. From our little infirmary, to even teaching the kids about things. Tending to the trees and flowers, weave, sow... name it and we have it. Magic here is well aprpeciated as well and we stimulate those who have it to use it however they can.''

He placed the now empty carafe down on the table. He would refill it again later. ''When we've finished drinking I will introduce you to the village elders. They will see to it your room is arranged, and make sure you have a few extra sets of clothes. Do not worry though they are friendly. To most. I think they will give me a little scolding.'' he chuckled and did not seem to mind at all. ''Me being scolded happens a few times a week... I'm used to it.''

Greenery

Vertus took the glass from Raen, thanked him in Raen!s native tongue, and took a couple of gulps of it. "Well I can help with the trees and flowers." He smiled some before taking another sip of the clear liquid. Vertus listened to him explain what would happen next with going to introduce him to the elders.  He prayed to whatever gods may be to let them accept like Raen had. He finished off his drink and stood.
"Well let's not waste time then." He gave the moonelf a once over, before looking to the side.

SilmeriaElemred

''No rush'' Raen said with a wink. The afternoon was young after all. He did finish his drink.

''After meeting with the elders I will show you around. Almost forgot...'' he finished his drink as well. ''My kin, does not eat meat or hunt. Our only exception to end a life, is to release it from pain or suffering. A few of those who stay, do eat meat and they hunt for themselves under our terms that as much of the animal, is used as possible. If you prefer not to hunt with other people, I have a direwolf whom I will show to you later.''

''Show off you mean'' a little girls voice said. Livia walked in with a smile on her face. Panting indicating she had ran a bit and removed some of her black hairs from her face. ''Brother, the elders want to see you. Now. They did not sound happy...''

''Do they ever if it is about me.'' Raen said with a chuckle. ''Oh oh! Will your new friend stay? I will make dinner! Please please please?'' she asked pleading.

Greenery

When Rawn winked at him. His couldn't help, but to blush. "And I might need to hunt with that direwolf. I just like meat..." Now he felt bad about not respecting their culture completely. Livia had came back and said something about "showing me off"?  Was that a good thing? Vertus felt a little less weary of staying there in the village.

"I-I can stay for dinner. Yeah, sure." The young practitioner of magic looked between Raen and his little sister, trying to have an opening smile on his face. "S-so do you want me to go with you?"

SilmeriaElemred

''Showing his direwolf off.'' Livia said with a giggle. ''Raen tamed it with a single touch it was amazing!'' she said with a giggle.

''I had to keep it from eating you now didn't I.'' Raen said with a calm smile.

When the sorcerer said he could stay for dinner she jumped exitedly and clapped her hands. ''I will make something good!'' she said and dashed off.

''I hope you can do one night without meat.'' Raen said with a chuckle and took a deep breath. ''Let's go. Do not worry about the elders though. If they are as cranky as they think they are they will direct none of it to you. And I will get time to explain so I should be alright. I hope.'' he did not seem to worried about these elders himself however and with Vertus he left the room, to the first floor of the temple.

In the middle were two wooden doors with carvings of the moon, sun, and what most likely were Solos and Lunaria. Also some elves holding stars, one at the moons feet holding a bright star but the woman was crying. The one who the Moonelves refered too as the Weeping Star.

Raen opened the doors and gestured for Vertus to go in first.

Tags: