Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

When the Scars Heal [M]

Started by visualspice, July 14, 2015, 01:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

The contact froze him in place, startling him from his moment of 'escape'. Her words made him grimace as he turned to her and pulled her from his form. She'd be able to see the scars, bubbled and lining his face, from their close proximity as his piercing green eyes seemed to strike her.
"What do you think you're doing?"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

Medina examined his face for a moment but his eyes were what drew her in. Those were some intense eyes and she found herself staring at them for a moment before she blinked away the rain and just stared again. "You... You aren't jumping?" a hand pressed to her chest and she gave a sigh of relief, "Your horse came running back and I found you on the bridge and it's an awful night... I... I thought that..." For a horrifying moment, she was worried he wouldn't be found.

"I didn't want you to kill yourself."

visualspice

Not thinking that a stranger would have reacted such a way, and to a situation he wasn't even in (but he could see how she'd think that), he frowned down at her. Realizing he might be hurting her, he released her from his grip and took a step back.
"I didn't come here to kill myself," he told her, with no small amount of annoyance. "And if I were, what consequence is it to you?"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

"Well..." Medina frowned, tucking her hair behind her ear, "It isn't. If you die my life doesn't change at all," How wrong she actually was, had she known who she was talking to. The rain was soaking through her clothes and she gave a shiver, though she offered him a kind smile, God, he had to only have the one expression. "Doesn't mean I can't be concerned, Mr.Frowny." Slowly she folded her arms over her chest and looked back at the horse as a crack of thunder boomed and a flash of light lit up the sky. Startled, Medina gave a yelp and slipped, falling into her stranger.

visualspice

He frowned even more at the nick name. It was so childish. What nerve she had to address a stranger so. And what nerve to accompany him in getting soaked in the rain. And though she shivered, he felt nothing but irritation and heat. The bolt of lightning and sudden crack of thunder didn't scare him as much as the woman's sudden collision with him did. It put him off center as he tried to catch her. But the wooden planks were slick, and keeping his footing was impossible as he slipped back, woman in arm, the other grabbing for the rope railing. But his efforts were futile, and his grip, insecure, as it bowed beneath their combined weight and suddenly the pair spun and he felt weightless as the world slipped away from them. And moments later, they both splashed into the raging river below.

Draconian

Oh no.

Oh no oh no oh no.

Medina's hands clawed at air and she stared in horror, another boom, another flash of light and the bridge was getting farther away? Clinging to the body beside her, Medina registered a second too late that they were headed to the river.

The cold.

Chest too tight to take in a breath.

Finally, with the stranger tight in her hands she swam to the surface. Too afraid to use her magic to help them along she kicked her legs and finally she felt the air on her face and she gave one big breath as the pair went down the river. All Medina could hope for was that the frowny man hadn't hit his head, or no, she hoped he did, because then she could magic and he wouldn't remember.

Either way, she really hoped he wasn't dead.

visualspice

The fall from the bridge hadn't killed him, but the smack into the water, did. It stung and left him breathless so that as they sunk deeper into the waters, all he could do was swallow. Thank Ansgar he was pulled to the surface where he promptly coughed and wheezed, lungs burning to be free of water while he unknowingly clung to the tall woman.

Draconian

The sound of his breathing had calmed her nerves somewhat and Medina found herself desperately heading for shallow water. By the time her feet touched rocks she was dragging the poor frowny man with her and she slipped, her head going under for a starting terrifying second. The rocks were slippery but a little bit of water pushing them in the right direction and before Medina knew it she was up to her knees in water, panting heavily, soaked, getting rained on...

Alive.

A shuddering breath and she looked at the strange scarred man she clung to, grinning, because why would you frown at surviving that? "Are you okay?" The words were rough and breathy and she swallowed every few seconds to sooth her throat.

visualspice

He was too stunned to realize they made it to shore, but he sobered once he coughed most of the river water ojt and remained haggard and braced beside the woman in silence. And his hood was slicked back and heavy with water, so she'd be able to see all of his face.

Draconian

Panting heavily, pushing soaking wet hair from her face Medina just looked to the side at the stranger and stared at him for a moment. A pause and she rolled and sat on the shore, leaning back on her arms. Medina frowned at him, shivering, excited at being alive, but he looked so... Familiar.  Medina went to speak but instead just flopped down, shuffling until she was free from the water. "Get away from the river, Frowny." Medina held out a hand to help pull him closer.

It annoyed her how familiar he looked. Like she should know who he was.

visualspice

But he didn't take the offered hand as he stumbled past her and to shore, but by the time he got there, his leg was red with blood. He had a nasty gash but it seemed he was unphased by it as he so simply pulled himself onto dry land and just breathed.

Draconian

Well at least he got away from the river.

Medina tossed her soaking braid over her shoulder and she found herself going pale when she noticed the blood. "Wait," Her hand went out and she caught him by the shoulder, "You're hurt." A moment of silence, "Goddamnit, say something! Did you hit your head? Are you hurt anywhere else?"

visualspice

Calent pulled away, glaring.
"We just fell off a bridge," he snapped. Only then did he look to his leg and scowled. "I must've scraped it in the river."

Draconian

"Fell off a bridge into water," Which for a moment, would explain why she was fine and he was not. As subtle as she used her magic, obviously it wasn't subtle enough because here this poor man was obviously not well and she was just really wet. Pressing her hands to her face she looked up at the sky as another crack of lightning lit it up the sky.

"Just..." Medina looked around for somewhere dry, though it was hard in the dark, "Did you hit your head? Are you having trouble breathing? You can be pissed and whiny later but I need to know if you're okay first, that was my fault and I feel awful and I don't want you to be hurt."

visualspice

His head was swimming and his legs felt useless, but he tried to keep himself together. Life threatening situation or not, he wasn't about to seem so weak and human to a commoner, even if that's what he was. But as the Grand Duke...
There was a certain air of obligation to consider, and with it came confidence and power. So with his head held high, he shrugged away her questions and continued to move through the tall, marshy grasses as he growled, "Yes.. we just survived a very terrifying drop, yet I appear to be fine yet you still press other wise?" he shot back to her, but when he turned to glare, his vision swam again and he felt his balance go.

Thankfully there was a nearby tree he caught mere seconds after he realized he was growing light headed. Hopefully it looked more like a stumble over the tree roots that made the terrain bumpy in this area, which were hard to see anyways over the height of the grass and sogginess of the ground.

After a moment, he paused to consider something-
She was worried about his well being while there he stood, trying to wave off her concern when he hadn't even asked how she had faired. He turned to eye her over, seeing how she looked alright as he flattened his lips and tried to catch his breath.

"How are you?" he asked, eyes still sharp. "Did you get injured?"
He knew he'd been through worse, so a little gash to the leg wouldn't kill him.
Or so he hoped.

Draconian

It was always worse to pretend to be okay when people asked if you were okay.  Medina paused to look at him and almost instantly the bravado was gone and her face crumpled. Her hands went to her face and she took quick shallow breaths. "I'm fine. I'm not hurt, I think."

A few more careful breaths and Medina tried to collect herself. It mostly failed and she followed after him, closely. She'd almost died. "I was fine until you asked," she accused, plucking at her soaked clothing and trying not to cry.

visualspice

The man continued to move onward, back to her as they began to move towards a steeper hillside.
"Ignorance won't help any of us. Just keep moving. We shouldn't linger so close to the river and its flood plains." The grass was still soggy, even as he moved up hill. ANd the rains were unforgiving.

Draconian

Carefully she grabbed her wet skirts and held them up, mostly to keep herself from tripping as they trudged their way up hill. Dread filled Medina when she realized she had no idea where they were. "So what's first? Trying to find some place dry or... What? I don't know which way It is back to the city." No hysteria. Hysteria was bad. Deep calm breaths.

visualspice

Calent grit his teeth. For the moment, he too was turned around, but he had to face these sort of situations before, though perhaps in a similar manner. After all, being in such a seat of power always put one in the middle of politics and war.

"We just keep moving. Standing idle won't help."
And he'd add, 'And pray the rains clear,' but he was not about to let the woman know he was shivering from the cold winds that howled as the strong continued to thunder over head.

Once over the hillside, Calent paused a moment to catch his breath and observe the lands around them. LIghtning flashed, and he looked for some sort of land mark, but even the bridge wasn't visible in the down pour. Never in his life did he recall torrential rains last this long, but perhaps it was a sign for Angsar that Calent needed to cool off.

Sure, he was glad he survived the burns from the explosion,a nd how he survived a steep drop into a raging river...
But it seemed he was really trying his luck as lightning struck and blasted a tree not too far away from them, as Calent moved to shield himself from the splintering, charred wood as a large branch cracked off. But he only had a second as the thing began to fall, and before Medina would know it, Calent pushed her down the hill side- some stupid, heroic act that freed her from the tree branch, but if she were to look up on the hill side after her tumble, she'd only be able to see the rain. And 'Mr. Frowny' seemed to have vanish from sight.

Draconian

A startled shriek and Medina gasped loudly cringing away from the crack. Then the world went tipsy turvy when she was so rudely pushed back down the hill for her own safety. Medina laid on the soaking ground for a moment, shivering and confused before she got up on her hands and knees to look up the hill. There was no one there.

"No!" She cried out, features washed in concern and worry. This was all her fault. She should have never followed him. Should have never thought he'd be as foolish as to jump off a bridge which is exactly what caused this whole situation. Frantically Medina tried to crawl back up the hill, doing more than her fair share of slipping and getting her dark dress muddy. "Please don't be hurt! Please!" it became a quiet mantra as she made her way up the hill until she finally could see the top, and she was covered in mud.

"Stranger?" She cried meekly, trembling and shivering in the rain. He couldn't see him, but maybe she just didn't know where to look.