Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Hunt Gone Awry

Started by Ethereal-Star, August 16, 2015, 09:19:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ethereal-Star

Indigo looked up when Kilarhas returned. At his question, she frowned. "You mean you didn't kill it?" She shook her head. "Some hunter you are then. And yes, I saw a jaguar here, but it ran off. In your direction, no less."

Noticing his pained walk, she rose an eyebrow in question. "Whatever happened to you?"

JackieCat

Kilarhas snorted at her comment about his hunting.  And then raised his eyebrows at her when she asked what had happened to him. "Seriously?" He spat.  The elf was usually very calm and collected, but he was starving and, frankly, angry at this woman.

"What's wrong with me is that I'm starving, I've lived on nothing but the crusts of moldy bread for over a week, and the bandits that captured me beat me nearly every day, so need I say I'm very weak?  I didn't manage to shoot the jaguar as my reflexes are slow, due to hunger and physical weakness." Kilarhas looked up at the woman, still irritated. "I would think you would be a little more observant that you are, or are you only like a wolf at all in your wolf form?"
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Ethereal-Star

"No need to bite my head off!" Indigo snapped back at him. "You already tried to kill me once as it is. So excuse me for not being more observant because I have a huge gaping wound in my side! No thanks to you." she muttered that last part.

Calming down some, she glanced back up and told him honestly, "I do know there are fruit trees around here, to the southeast of here, about a quarter of a mile that way." she pointed in said direction. "As a wolf, I don't normally eat fruit but sometimes I will if hungry enough. There are some peach trees, papayas and passion fruit if that's what you want."

She shrugged and pulled the blanket tighter around herself for comfort. "So, don't let me stop you." Indigo waited for him to leave, as right now she had little desire to be around him. Picking at some grass by her feet, she paid no further attention to the silver-haired elf.

JackieCat

Despite his anger a few moments before, Kilarhas's face wore a look of concern as the woman told him of  the fruit trees.  The thought was very tempting, but. . .

"That jaguar, what if it returns, or another animal, will you be able to defend yourself?" Even as he spoke, Kilarhas cursed himself.  Why did he care so damn much for other people?  He was starving for gods sakes, couldn't he do something for himself?  But he didn't say anything more, waiting for the woman to respond.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Ethereal-Star

"I'll be fine. I'm a wolf, remember?" Never mind that she couldn't shift right now, but if push came to shove, she would.

"Don't worry about me. Go. Take care of yourself now." Indigo said, waving him off.

JackieCat

Kilarhas was torn.  But then he finally drew the dagger on his belt and set it down next to the woman. "I'll be right back," he said, and then he turned and walked into the trees in the direction the woman had said.

He found the trees fairly quickly, and ate many fruits as he was gathering even more to keep for later.  When he returned to the camp about twenty minutes later, his bag was laden with fruits and he was no longer starving.  He hadn't eaten a lot, because he knew if he did he would just vomit it up later.  After not eating for so long, eating a lot would make him sick.  He needed to go slow.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Ethereal-Star

After Kilarhas had left, Indigo looked at the dagger he left for her and picked it up, examining it. It was fairly sharp, and would no doubt be lethal to anything that would try to attack her. However Indigo was not used to such, having never wielded a a dagger, or any weapon for that matter before. But it was something at least, even if Indigo would rather shift into her wolf form if any danger did come this way.

She waited impatiently for him to get back and was just about to get up and look for him herself, when the blue-skinned elf reappeared again, carrying a much fuller bag. He also looked better, more energy and bounce in his step.

"I see you found the fruit." she said, eyeing him and his bag.

JackieCat

"I did," he said, setting his bag down. "I presume nothing came your way?"

If anything had, it had not caused any trouble, the camp was just as it had been when he had left.  Kilarhas looked over to the woman. "Would you care for some clothing?" He asked. "I have extra in my bag."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Ethereal-Star

"Why, does my nudity bother you?" Indigo shook her head but then said, "Sure, what do you have?"

To his other question she said, "No, not a peep from anything. Oh and, here's your knife back. Thanks, by the way."

Stretching her arms over her head, Indigo's shoulders gave several loud pops! as she worked out the kinks. "I tell you, shifting between a human and a wolf doesn't do much for the joints that's for sure."

Looking at the fire, she threw a bit of wood back in that had fallen out and the fire briefly flared in response. "So, what are we doing now?"

JackieCat

Kilarhas took the knife and put it back into its sheath.  He rummaged around in his bag and after a moment pulled out a simple shirt, a pair of pants, and a belt.

"Do you want boots, or no?" he asked her, tossing her the clothing.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Ethereal-Star

Frowning when he didn't answer her question, Indigo set about to putting on the offered clothes. "Boots too, please. And I had asked you a question."

Throwing on the pants, she then proceeded to put the cloth shirt on over her head. It was a little baggy but other than that they seemed to fit comfortably enough. Now for the belt. Fastening that too around her waist, she looked expectantly at Kilarhas.

JackieCat

"Oh, sorry," Kilarhas apologised. "I don't really know," he said, taking an extra pair of boots from his bag and giving them to the woman. "I suppose we'll have to stay here a while, with you being injured and all."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Ethereal-Star

Indigo sighed irritably, although she had expected as much. After putting on the boots and poking at the pile of bones from her meal, she figured she may as well tell him her name. After all if they were both going to be here awhile, why not? "My name's Indigo." she said. "Just so you know what to call me."

JackieCat

Kilarhas nodded when she introduced herself.  Well, it seemed they were stuck here for the week, may as well try to make conversation.

"So, have you lived in the forest your whole life?" he asked.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Ethereal-Star

"No. The jungle has only been my home for the past five years or so." Indigo told him, putting emphasis on the word 'jungle' as that's what it was. It may be forest-y but it was more accurately a wet and tropical one.

She sighed sadly, fingering the wolf pendant at her neck. "I was driven out here from an island chain far away after my clan had been attacked and killed by panther shifters. I pray every day they won't find me here."

Lifting her shirt, she looked at her wound again and touched it gingerly. It was still very sore and hurt. But at least she was no longer bleeding out. That was a definite plus.

JackieCat

"Sorry, jungle," Kilarhas said when he heard her emphasis on the word.  He frowned when she spoke of her past.

"I'm very sorry to hear that," he said truthfully. "Are, are the panther shifters still after you?  Why?" He shook his head in apology. "Oh, never mind, I shouldn't have asked."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Ethereal-Star

"I don't know." Indigo answered truthfully. "If they are, they haven't found me yet. And it better stay that way."

She sighed. "As for why my clan was attacked, there had been some....territorial issues and disagreements between our clans. Not to mention the panther leader was more on the ruthless side than his father had been. I guess he took the death of his father a bit too hard. But I don't know any more than that, nor do I care. They killed my family and my entire clan, leaving me with only the clothes on my back and my wolf necklace." Shaking her head some at the memories of smoke and dead bodies.

"So I've been here ever since. For the past five years."

JackieCat

Kilarhas nodded. "I've been traveling around Le'raana for six years now.  I'm a ranger, an adventurer, sometimes I do mercenary work."

He stood and put more wood on the fire. "So, have you ever played cards?"

If they were going to be here for a week, they may as well have something to do.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Ethereal-Star

"Can't say that I have." Indigo admitted. "I've heard of it though. Seen some people playing it but never participated myself."

To further explain, she added in, "I occasionally go to the nearby villages and towns, but most of my time is spent here."

JackieCat

Kilarhas again nodded. "Would you like to learn?" he asked. "Cards, I mean.  It's quite entertaining, I think.  Many people do it for money, but I do it just for fun most of the time."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor