Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Fire And Justice [Blaze Enderman]

Started by Ethereal-Star, August 17, 2015, 10:28:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ethereal-Star

@Blaze Enderman !

"I can't believe it was that easy! Didn't put up much of a fight that one. Right, boys?" A tall, muscular man with dark hair that was shaved at the sides, along with many piercings on his body, including one on his lower lip, asked his comrades while simultaneously reaching for a bottle of ale. Popping open the top, he took a big gulp of it before setting it down on the table before him, propping dirty boots up as well. "Wench deserved what she got after all, teasing us like that." He and his two buddies laughed at that, also drinking their own ales.

Pretty soon, the first one got up jumping to his feet. "Let's head back to headquarters, boys. Boss likely wants to find out more about that store of loot we found in that cave. After we bypass all the rocks blocking the way, we can gather up our finds and loot that place dry." The others agreed and off they went.

Arriving at the HQ where they conducted all their thieving and smuggling business, the lead one stepped in, boots creaking on the hardwood floor of the warehouse that the gang used. He quickly became aware that something was very wrong, for the stench of burning bodies and smoke soon filled his nostrils then and he coughed at that. "The fuck happened here?" He didn't have much time to wonder though, for as soon as all three men entered the now abandoned and burnt warehouse, a huge explosion went off then. Fire immediately consumed their flesh and they ran around screaming bloody murder as the flames quickly burned them to nothing but black ashes.

A dark figure soon emerged in a cloud of smoke after all was said and done, cold red eyes gleaming in hate and victory. It was done. Now all the thugs were no more. And for Morguen it was just another job well done. The fire orb had served its purpose wonderfully and she couldn't have been happier. The world now had that much less filth tainting its very soil. The small gang of thieves and cut-throats had been not only the cause for theft from many influential people, but also murder and rape as well. It had been high time to put a stop to it.

Her client Belinda, the girl they had harassed, had in both rage and sorrow called upon Morguen to make those scum get what they deserved. And Morguen being the loyal Fury she was, had delivered that. And it was not so much glorious as it was justice being served. After all, she was responsible for offing such disgusting culprits, those who deserved death. While Morguen believed in administering her own brand of justice and was loyal to whoever her employers were at that time, she would never stoop to dealing a fiery death to anyone innocent. Nor those who were immune to her powers would she deal with. Any kind of crime though, was fair game to her no matter what form it took. Her victims never survived her attacks, Morguen made absolutely sure of that.

Throwing back her hood, hair like a burning pyre was revealed to match those red eyes of hers as Morguen looked around with a satisfied smile. Breathing in the fumes, she inhaled the aroma of soot and ash before she made to take her leave then. The job was done, there was no reason to stick around any longer. Eyeing the remains one last time, she prepared to make her exit. It was time to return back to the Black Tower.

Blaze Enderman

Smoke. Huge pillars of it rose into the sky, blocking the setting sun.

And where there was smoke, there was fire.

Blaze Enderman was wondering the roads, as he often did when he had specific target, when he had noticed it. This wasn't a small fire like he had often seen in these wood, made by bandits and thieves that stalked this land, but an inferno, and the withering forest around it was easily catching fire. Blaze threw off his cloak, and disapeared...

Only to reappear on the burning warehouse. He thrust his and in the smoke choked air, and bent the flames that were ravenously consuming the timber to his will. He ceased their spread, but decided to let them burn themselves out; There wouldn't be much left of it even if he had stopped their burning.

He looked around for survivors, but instead saw he withered corpses of several people. But they weren't just burnt, they were incinerated. Instantly, a dozen possibilities ran through his mind as to what could have caused this. It could be anything from a dragon to a lava elemental. He was looking around for more clues when he saw her. The creature had flaming hair, and cold red eyes filled with abhorrence and victory.

She was a Fury. Blaze despised Furies. Long ago, they had tried stealing his magic, a crime he could never forget. Blaze drew the Blazing Blade and, pointing it at her, said in a voice filled with steel and louder than thunder said: "You! Fury! did you cause this? Do you not realize what you are doing to this already suffering forest?"

Blaze was furious: his flames glew so bright that the smoke seemed to be dancing with electric green light. The Blazing Blade gleamed white-hot, and his eyes flashed.

Ethereal-Star

Morguen had been just about to make her exit when another made his presence known inside the burning warehouse. Watching with those cold eyes of hers, the Fury observed the creature of green fire try to halt the spreading flames consuming everything around it. Wordlessly, she waited until the other caught sight of her before she spoke.

At his obvious threats and drawing his weapon to point it at her, Morguen sneered at him. "If you came here only to question my motives, you are wasting your time. Whether or not the forest is also burning is none of my concern. I came here to do a job and I have done so."

Morguen thought that the creature before her was somehow familiar, but at the moment she couldn't place exactly where she might have seen him. More than likely she had heard about him through one of her sisters. It made no difference to the flame-haired being of justice. Her sisters' business was their own, as was Morguen's. None of them would interfere with the others' work as they respected each other too much for that to even happen.

"You think to stop me?!" Morguen's red eyes only got more chilling in their gaze. "You are a fool then! Your weapon cannot injure me as it stands, so whatever you seek to accomplish here you may as well forget it. Go back to wherever you came from, this is not any of your concern."

Blaze Enderman

Blaze laughed contemptuously at the Furies blatant warning; he didn't fear her or her freezing stare.

"This forest is the home of thousands, from fea to mundane. Most of them are completely innocent! How is harming innocents bring justice, even the twisted form that you Furies practice? If this fire had rampaged through the entire forest, innocent lives have been lost. Not to mention that it is thousands of years older than you are," Blaze ranted, anger practically leaking from him, "You Furies are cocky to a fault. If you had been paying attention, you would have realized that you have no way of escaping,"

While he was talking, Blaze had cast a spell that prohibited anyone or thing from entering or leaving the area, utilizing a light spell that he had learned long ago from an ancient dragon.

"As for my weapon: it might be more dangerous than you think," Blaze said, narrowing his eyes and shifting his grip to the fighting position. "What is your name, Fury? I do not recognize you."

Ethereal-Star

"I will not tell you my name, spirit. You are not privy to that information." Morguen said, her words low and dangerous.

She also did not fear this creature, whoever he claimed to be. Nor did his containment spell worry her. After all, most spells had a limited time frame in which they worked. The ones that did last longer were pretty rare, and even if this being before her had access to such magics, it still didn't faze her. To think that this thing dared challenge her or question any of the Furies' intentions for that matter was a serious thing to all of them. No doubt her sisters would hear of this, if not from her then it would happen some other way. While the wrath of one Fury was deadly enough, all of them banded together would most definitely be a powerful force to be reckoned with.

Narrowing her eyes at him, Morguen posed a question of her own. "You speak as though you've met us before. Or at least one of us."

Morguen thought back to a conversation she'd had between her and her sister Violencia. The latter had told her she had met a powerful spirit, the description of which was not unlike what she saw now, and that she had fought it. When asked what brought this on, the Fury had replied she had tried to steal some of his magic as she wanted it for herself. But she failed, retreating after a fierce battle had been fought between her and the fiery spirit. Violencia's extreme speed and powerful regenerative abilities had been a major boon in this fight she had spoken of, but was unable to really hurt her enemy that much.

While Violencia was still peeved about the whole incident, she also formed a certain kind of respect for the creature as well. It was not Morguen's place to really give her opinion on the matter though, if she even had one. Violencia was prone to such chaotic endeavors as all the Furies knew. All of them had been informed of this happenstance, although it had been some time ago when the other Fury had challenged him. And now it seemed it wanted revenge of its own.

"If you want a fight, you will get one!" Morguen glared coldly at him. "But know this, spirit. You will not win by any means. This is a waste of both our time. You claim to deal justice yourself, so why not deal with the real threats that are more than plentiful out here in the world? Why fight me at all? It is pointless!"

Morguen too got ready to fight, conjuring her own flaming sword at her side, eyes darkening with both anger and annoyance. This whole thing was completely unnecessary and soon enough, the spirit would realize this and stop.

Blaze Enderman

"You should be more careful, Fury, about how you speak to me. I have met one of your sisters before, who tried to steal my magic, a reckless folly. But I do agree, I don't want to fight you. It would be a waste of my time. I just need you to apologize for nearly burning the forest, then I'll let you free," Blaze said coldly, but he lowered his sword so it was no longer pointing at her. He didn't sheathe it just yet, though.

As much as Furies angered him, He had no wish to fight. He did, however, want the Fury to understand what she had done, or almost done. Blaze was a protector of Light, and a vanquisher of Evil, and if any innocents had been harmed in the inferno, he would have considered the act of carelessness a crime, and tracked down the cause.

"Why did you Burn this place anyway? Who was in it that would warrant such destruction?" Blaze asked.

Ethereal-Star

Morguen narrowed her eyes at him, but still kept her burning sword at hand. While she didn't think he was lying to her, she still kept on her guard seeing as how the spirit as well still looked ready to fight if she did not deliver a favorable answer.

"I'll have you know that I did not, nor do I ever intend to burn innocents. But I am sure you can also understand that fire is a powerful force of destruction and it will spread how it needs to in order to get a job done. Regardless of how much control I exercise over it." Her words were harsh, cold and deliberate, as the red-haired Fury took her duties seriously and did not appreciate being talked to in this manner.

"As for why I targeted this warehouse and its disgusting inhabitants..." Morguen's eyes shone in a steely red light then. "These culprits were a gang of thieves and murderers, doing all kinds of nasty business. However I cannot act unless someone asks me to and someone in fact did call upon me. The thieves defiled her, took what they wanted from her with absolutely no remorse about their actions. They have done this to many others I am certain of it. The world is better off without them."

As a final word of explanation, Morguen added in, "And if that is something you cannot understand, then I have nothing further to say to you. I am doing what I must. As we all do."