Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

An Aquatic Celebration [Winters-Feather, Bleeding Phoenix, open to one more]

Started by Ethereal-Star, August 19, 2015, 08:04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ethereal-Star

OOC: Tags to @Winters-Feather & @Bleeding Phoenix !

Turquoise swam out the gates of the large underwater kingdom where she and her friends, Waves and Red, called home. They were on their way as many others were, to a huge gathering in the ocean celebrating the Great Ocean Mother herself. Well, more specifically a gift from their goddess. Every three years or so, a gigantic clam shell in the middle of the Hivan Ocean would open, revealing the gorgeous mother-of-pearl that lay nestled inside.  The clam shell itself was located in a majestic underwater cove surrounded on one side by colorful pink, blue and yellow coral reefs. And it was there the trio, amongst other aquatic peoples, were traveling there to partake of this grand festival. Of course not everyone would be there, but it would still be a large turnout regardless.

It would take Turquoise and her buddies some time to arrive there as they had to travel all the way from the Tuor Ocean, and then eventually cross over into the Hivan Ocean. It was going to be a long journey, several miles away from home in fact, but Turquoise was greatly looking forward to it. There would be much feasting and dancing, music and fun to be had. The mermaid hadn't gotten to go the last time and she was glad to be able to get that chance this time around.

Red sped up ahead in full play mode, his little fishy body wiggling as he did so. "Hey, wait up for us!" Turquoise called out to him, both her and Waves the dolphin were swimming as fast as they could to catch up.

Red giggled and only swam faster. "Catch me if you can!" he chortled, the other two were now several feet behind him.

"Red, you little goof..." Turquoise shook her head in amusement, but continued her 'chase', as did Waves.

Waves in turn, let out her own teasing jibe. "Oh, don't you worry Pudgy, we definitely will!"

"Hey! I told you not to call me that, Waves! No fair!"

"Pudgy!'

"Squeaky!"

"Shark Bait!"

"Chatter Box!"

While her friends had their playful banter between them, Turquoise was soon met up with a merman from her home. He swam up to her and gave her a wink as well as a slap on her upper tail! "Hey beautiful." he greeted her, looking her up and down. "Wanna join me for some real fun?"

"Get lost Baeron." Turquoise snapped at him, annoyed. "Go bother Anatasia for the ocean's sake! I'm sure she'd love to keep you more than busy."

"Nah, she's too clingy. And not my type." Baeron commented. "But you-"

"Am not interested. Now go away or I'll sic Red on you!"

"Aww, come on baby."

"I mean it!"

Finally the merman relented and left her alone, much to Turquoise's relief. The guy was much too slimy for her tastes. Plus he was also too pale for her liking. But the former was more than enough of a turn-off.

Another person nearby who had witnessed the whole exchange, an octopus man simply commented as a joke, "Trouble in paradise?" Before swimming off, laughing.

Turquoise scowled. "Oh shut up." she muttered.

After swimming for a good stretch, they were almost there. The teal-haired mermaid couldn't be more glad. Baeron had attempted to 'woo' her at least twice more on the way there, and finally she slapped him across the face. He finally took the hint and stopped pestering her. For now anyway.

"We're nearly there!" Waves exclaimed excitedly. "Wheeeeeee!"

"About time." Turquoise swam even faster now, ever anxious to arrive. The celebration would start any time now and she didn't want to miss the opening event.

((OOC: I'll add in Lorelei later, as this will get too long if I add her in now.))

Winters-Feather

Keeth swam by her grandmother in the center of her  travelling clan, their arms linked. She  ignored the play fighting between her nieces and nephews pretending to play battling war-lords.
She was even starting to grow impatient with her grandmother's stories, even those of her adventures across the ocean. Instead, her mind was on the Ocean Mother and the festival itself.
She glowed brighter in anticipation, but stuck by her grandmother's side. The old mermaid was still a dangerous huntress- for how else could she survive for so long? - but some days, like today, her back ached, and Keeth wasn't about to let their old matriarch fall behind.

Her mother, their beautiful, glowing green-blue clan leader, lead the swim to the sacred grouds. Despite the strict truce of the festival, the tribe's fiercest warriors encompassed the group, ensuring their security. The tribe had just gotten out of a squibble with a rival clan, the Mala Mala, and Keeth's mother was not about to take chances.

Finally,  the lights of the festival could be seen, guards hand picked from across the ocean bowed before the Tiger Stripe Clan.  After a brief conversation that Keeth could not hear, her mother lead the people  to safe camping grounds reserved for the tribe. Her impatience getting the best of her, she only stayed around long enough to help her grandmother settle before swimming off into the festival grounds,  where a large bazaar had been set up with vendors from civilizations of all kinds from the ocean floor.

Some fish and merfolk alike threw the princess nervous glances as she examined jewelry at a vendor who claimed he had gotten it from a sunken Serendipity ship. As Keeth examined a fine necklace with stones of green and blue she had never seen before,  a small, bald merboy hissed at her.  Keeth, wanting for sport, made eyecontact and smirked, the boy paled and swam away. Keeth chuckled to herself, highly amused, and purchased the necklace. it would be perfect for the feast, surely to draw all eyes on her.

Ethereal-Star

Turquoise's group swam in through the gates of the festival grounds, past the gate guards who let them in without fuss or complaint. Her group was a hodgepodge of various citizens from her home kingdom of Greenwaves who wanted to attend the celebration. Some guards had also gone with them to ensure their safety from sharks and other sea nasties. Now that Turquoise was here, she wanted to enjoy all that this festival had to offer.

Heading on over to the bazaar as well, Waves and Red in tow, she perused the wares the merchants were selling in their stone and seaweed-covered stalls. A necklace of purple quartz caught her eye then, and she swam over to pick it up and inspect it. It was made completely of tanzanite gemstones, sparkling and catching the light from the glowing luminescent plants located in plentiful supply all over the place to shed light. It was absolutely beautiful and Turquoise excitedly looked at the price before visibly deflating with disappointment. It was way too much for her to afford. Sighing, she put it down and looked around to see what else there was.

Red was busy looking at a pretty golden statue depicting the Ocean Mother in all her glory, while Waves was chatting with a group of seals nearby. Turquoise swam over to Red and looked at what he was looking at. "That must be worth a lot." she mused, picking it up and admiring all the intricate chiseling of the metal. "And it's beautiful too."

"Just like you, baby." A familiar, irritating voice said behind her. Turquoise turned around only to see Baeron grinning at her.

She sighed before a mischievous look entered her eyes then, and she said to Red, "Red, go chase him off for me, will you? Bite his tail or something."

"Yes, yes, Red will go nibble on annoying merman's tail then."

Baeron apparently hadn't been expecting this even though Turquoise had warned him she would do such if he didn't leave her alone. It was a funny sight to see the little fish chase after a very flustered and embarrassed merman who thought he was the Ocean Mother's gift to mermaids everywhere. Turquoise laughed at this as she watched with gleeful eyes the whole spectacle unfold. Waves soon joined her and started squeaking as she too laughed at the pitiful scene.

"That'll teach him." Turquoise muttered, turning back to the display before her.

The opening event would start soon, the fabled and legendary gigantic clam shell that would reveal the gorgeous pearl inside its depths. The clam shell itself was perched on a high pedestal made of smooth white marble, it currently resting in a closed state. Soon the music that announced the inevitable event to come began playing and all eyes turned to the clam shell in great anticipation and excitement.