Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Grand Tournament!

Started by Jounin64, August 27, 2015, 07:49:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jounin64

So I was thinking it would be really cool if there was a tournament held on a mysterious island in the Hivan Ocean. The island will have houses for the competitors, the Grandmaster's castle, a monster infested forest, and guards around the perimeter

There will be 16 fighters each summoned and trapped on the island. I need at least 3 others the rest will be NPCs. I'll be playing my undead character Evangeline.

All pvp fights will determine the winner OOC before the fight. It is not to the death, but people can be killed. You can only kill another player's character if they agree to it.

Will you fight in the tournament? Try to escape the island? Discover the Grandmaster's secrets? Or do something entirely different!

Ethereal-Star

I think this might get more takers if the fights were not to the death. At least regarding player characters. Perhaps there is some magical safeguard in place that prevents characters from actually being killed. That's not to say they can't and won't get injured though.

I could offer up my character Nemeril for this, she is an excellent archer and would likely be interested. While she does have some melee skills, she is far better at ranged combat. Perhaps divide tournaments up into melee versus ranged?

While in the background, a dark secret is brewing by none other than the Grand Master himself. Maybe he doesn't want anyone to leave the island and only fight for the rest of their lives solely for his own entertainment? Then characters can investigate after enough suspicions have been raised.

I also think it would be neat if the Grand Master himself was never seen upfront, only through his various eyes and ears (aka assistants and minions of his) that inform participants? As added suspense, a mysterious face could peek out from behind the curtains way up in his grand estate. The Grand Master himself. 8)

Ethereal-Star

Reading back over my post I see that I said 'the Grand Master himself' like 3 times, LOL.

JackieCat

I think that this is a really cool idea, and it could be to the death.  The characters at first would maybe be trying to kill just to survive, and then they realize that this is all very fishy, so they gang together to try to get out, while the NPC's are still trying to kill them.  The NPC's could sort of be crazy and trying to kill for glory or whatever.

I just wanted to add that. ;D
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Jounin64

It's not to the death I said if you want to kill another players character they must agree to it, but I'll fix it to make it more clear and awesome :) and it's ok haha

Jounin64

That could be a possibility :) Are you interested in joining then? lol

Ethereal-Star

Quote from: JackieCat on August 30, 2015, 12:43:53 PM
I think that this is a really cool idea, and it could be to the death.  The characters at first would maybe be trying to kill just to survive, and then they realize that this is all very fishy, so they gang together to try to get out, while the NPC's are still trying to kill them.  The NPC's could sort of be crazy and trying to kill for glory or whatever.

This is good too. :D

Jounin64

Quote from: Ethereal-Star on August 30, 2015, 12:51:35 PM
Quote from: JackieCat on August 30, 2015, 12:43:53 PM

This is good too. :D

Okay so we can make this the final notion then :)

JackieCat

Thank you, @Ethereal-Star!

And @Jounin64, I'm interested, but I don't know yet which character I'd add, I'll have to take a look and then I'll let you know!
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Ethereal-Star

Yeah, this would be up Nemeril's alley of interests. To hone her archery skills that much more and keep them nice and polished. Nice and shiny archery skills and all. And I need some threads for her anyway. :)

Jounin64

@JackieCat Awesome! ^^

@Ethereal-Star Great! Evangeline can be her target dummy haha

JackieCat

It's lookin' good!  I posted!  ;D
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Ethereal-Star

Jounin64

Awesome! I'll get to it then!

Aura

Hey! This seems like an awesome idea! I would like to offer up Terenas if you would have him!

Ethereal-Star

Just curious if we are doing a set posting order?

Jounin64

@Aura Yeah! He seems perfect for this!

@Ethereal-Star Not really post in a way that makes the most sense for your character. I just don't want long two people volleys.

Aura

Awesome, I'll work on his entrance post soon!

Jounin64

@JackieCat  @Ethereal-Star @Aura

The tournament is going to officially begin, who wants to be in the first fight and remember don't make the fight long. Also if anyone wants to fight Bahn to create drama with Evangeline I can set that up. :)