Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

An Ancient Evil Awakens...

Started by Aura, September 15, 2015, 01:44:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aura

On a mysterious island chain in the Tuor Ocean called the Forgotten Isles, named so since they have been long forgotten by the inhabitants of Le'raana, The Wardens guard the eternal prison of a dark mage so powerful that he almost plunged the world into darkness a thousand years ago. The centuries of imprisonment have left him plenty of time to create a plan, and now that the potency of the spell used to imprison him is fading due to time, he is able to reach out to his followers once again, as well as corrupt the minds of those around him. Even some of those within the order of The Wardens are beginning to go mad and fall to his corruption, and soon the spell hiding the Isles from the rest of the world will fade. After meticulous planning the escape from his eternal prison is about to begin...

I am looking for people to join me in creating the storyline for my character Ainzu. I have already decided how his story will play out and it will be done in multiple parts across multiple threads. To understand where his story begins, read through his history.

Part One: Free At Last
The first part of his story is the escape from his eternal prison after a thousand years. This thread is going to be open to one person. I need a darker character, or a character who could be one of Ainzu's followers, to help with his escape from his prison. This thread would involve Ainzu's guidance of your character to his prison through telepathy as well as the actually breakout from his prison. It would end when Ainzu and his new companion were successfully off the Isles and on their way to the Kishahn Jungle.

Part Two: Some Assembly Required
Three months after Ainzu's escape from his prison he has gathered his few remaining Chosen in a fortress deep within the Kishahn Jungle. He has employed the use of brainwashing to bring villagers from just outside the jungle in as slaves to finish the construction of his fortress quicker, and they are just finishing up. Meanwhile The Wardens are trying to recuperate and locate Ainzu. He still has people on the inside and in able to keep them from discovering his whereabouts. This thread will be more of a dialogue thread during which Ainzu rebuilds his army and The Wardens warn the world of the ancient evil it had forgotten about. It will be open to anyone who wants to join Ainzu's forces. This thread will end when his army is mostly assembled and their plan of action is clear.

Part Three: Darkness Falls
Beginning when Ainzu's army is fully assembled, this part will start the attack on the rest of the continent. This will likely be divided into multiple threads considering not all battles will be occurring at the same place and some that occur at different places might happen at the same time. More details about the exact setup can be worked out later. This will be the part of the battle where Ainzu's forces are winning the majority of the battles and will "end" at the point where the forces of Le'raana (basically groups of mercenaries and heroes, could also potentially be armies) begin to change the tide of battle. This/these thread/threads will be available to anyone who participated in the previous threads or to anyone who wants to join the side of good (if it is done in one thread it will most likely have a player cap, but if done in multiple threads I am not sure yet).

Part Four: The Tides Have Turned
The heroes of Le'raana have emerged onto the battlefield and have begun to change the tide of battle. Ainzu's forces begin to fall and be pushed back towards the Kishahn Jungle. This part of the story will be open to anyone who participated in the first part of the battle and any heroes who wish to join the side of good (depending on how many people are already involved).

Part Five: The Final Battle
With his army defeated and his allies dead or fleeing, Ainzu prepares for his battle against the heroes of Le'raana. This battle will end in the ultimate defeat of Ainzu, whether it is death or some other means of defeat. This thread will be a battle thread between Ainzu and the heroes of Le'raana who are trying to defeat him.

This is just a basic outline of how I would like this event to go. Things can be altered, added, removed, etc. as people add ideas and show interest. Should this actually get going and gather a good amount of interest I will begin to create individual plotting threads for each part. Keep in mind that the events that happen in each part of the story will impact the rest of the story and as such I will likely take this one part at a time. If anyone is interested post here or send me a PM!

Jounin64

For characters for part one I can offer Aveline or Alphonse, they're my dark usually antagonist characters or I could offer Nezhir who could've been hired or Celeben who is forced to follow the orders of the unseen demonic monster Grimoire.

Aura

Alphonse or Celeben seem like they could work well. We would just need to come up with a reason for whichever character you use to want to free Ainzu. He can reach out to them through telepathy, so any ideas on what he might be able to do to persuade one of them? Or perhaps Grimoire has some reason he wants the chaos mage free?

Jounin64

Yeah I think Celeben is the best choice besides Alphonse has been quite popular lately Celeben deserves some love XD And Grimoire seeks the souls of mortals so it could have sensed a strong power that could bring death and many souls for Celeben to collect and Ainzu could sense Grimoire's powers and contacts it.

Aura

Awesome! I'm going to spend some time coming up with some ideas about how to start/progress through this and then send you a PM!

Blizzard

Hi, I just joined! Is this plot still active? Because if so, I'd love to offer my one and only character, Addaiel (check out character log).

Jounin64

@Blizzard

Sorry Blizz, Aura hasn't been active for over four months now.