Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Diamonds of Night

Started by Lion, September 22, 2015, 04:58:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lion

There was only so much either of them could carry, it only made sense that they would have to leave some behind.  The chest would have been overly conspicuous.  And Theiryk avoided trouble where he could.  Opening the chest up again, he pulled out a few sacks and stuffed them inside his tunic and a few along his belt.  "Here," he handed a few for her to put away.

A flickered gaze at her, he gave a grunt in consideration.  He was hoping she wouldn't say that, but as it was he didn't feel like killing her to keep the hoard to himself.  Too much extra work.  "Fine.  But once we get this stuff checked out we divvy up the cache and begone.  I can see that's probably what you're thinking too."

He looked down.  "We'll have to travel by ground.  He isn't far.  In a little squat village called Chantury.  A...thieves village so to speak.  People don't fuck with him though because he's one of the only people that can identify fool's gold and the real stuff.  That and be knows some pretty nasty spells.  Rat Bastard Eddie, that's what he's called."

He moved back along to the lowest part of the tree and jumped down, landing with a grunt.  "Can you jump well enough?" he called back.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Parkway

Lauraiiel smiled he was of the same mind!  But, she could not resist the temptation to fuck with him some.  "Good!  I feel better about traveling on solid ground."  She blew him a kiss when he looked back up at her.  "I ca...."  She stopped!  Oh yes!  She was going to have fun with him!  So up tight!  So ridged!

Putting on a pout she glazed her eyes a bit and hesitantly took a step.  "Oh" pretending to slip and gasp.  "I think I may need assistance.  You know tree climbing and wind charming is not in my repartee."  She lowered her self attempting to 'try' and get down.  "Nope, I will need your help."

She stood there waiting for him.  Her expression one of anxiety. 

As she did she watched him.  She was no fool.  He would not enjoy this but oh how much she was.  One needed some amusement, right?  Something though wanted to learn more about him.  The why.  He was skilled and if she could she would love to work with him more.  Did they not work that caravan over like two seasoned thieves?    Surely he saw this?  Think of the Guild they could build!

She looked at him imploringly..."Please Theiryk?  Don't leave me here?"

Lion

At first he saw the distress and instinctively reached up to catch her, until he saw something twinkle in her eyes.  He tilted his head, smirking some.  "Drop!  The ground will catch you!  You might even land with no injuries!"

He laughed and stood back, waiting for her to do just that.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Parkway

Oh he was playing hard!  She would make him pay now.  "If you think so..."  She said hesitantly.  Then she pretended to struggle.  Coming to a stop.  Tears glistened her eyes.  "Oh my!  Please don't leave me.  I will try to move faster."  She did so but at a slow pace.  Wiggling her butt.  Then she came up with an idea.

Her legs dangling from the tree limb.  Her butt out.  "Oh Theiryk, I fear I am stuck!"  Her voice distressed.  As she kicked her legs.

Lion

Theiryk frowned.  How long was she really going to keep this up?  She wasn't even that high up from the ground!  Or maybe she was.  Maybe she really just was this sensitive about heights!  Well, maybe if she had mentioned that before she had climbed up into the tree, he might have kept it in mind.  Oh, but how could he expect her to think that far ahead.

He sighed and held his arms out.  "Okay settled down.  Stay still!  Let go, I'll catch you!" he called up.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Parkway

"LET GO!!!"  She pretended to yell out. Then she calmed down a little.  "Okay, I am going to do it.  Please don't let me get hurt."

She let go.  She didn't look down.  Hoping he caught her.

Lion

[Hoping! 8D]

Theiryk did catch her.  If a little awkwardly.  He hadn't been prepared for the angle of which she had fallen, and he stumbled backwards, oof!-ing when she landed flat on him.

He was a bit winded, gasping for breath before looking down at her.  At least she didn't break anything.  And he'd so reluctantly broken her fall.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Parkway

She felt him catch her.  He caught her!  Even though stumbled slightly.  He caught her!

"Offfhhhff" 

She clang to him and maybe a little bit too tightly.  "Theiryk."  She held him. 

It was a little off putting that as she held him she felt something stir within her and so she quickly pushed off him.  "Thank you."  Was all she could mutter.

Lion

Wild's Heart, she weighed a ton!

Theiryk was able to catch his breath when she got off him, and he wheezed.  "Don't mention it," he said, coughing and climbing to his feet.  Well, now that that matter was out of the way, he gestured for her to follow.  Hands idly dusted off his pants as he went, keeping an eye out for anything else that was moving on the sides.

Silence still, save for the chirping of birds and crooning of prey.  Theiryk was not as wary of traveling on the forest floor as other of his kin might be.  He was accustomed to the trees still, and the going was slow.  He could travel faster by wind, trusting it to carry him as it might a passel of leaves in one powerful gust. 

But that would probably unsettle Lauraiiel once again and he rolled his eyes.  Theiryk had said nothing for some time, all that could be heard was the quiet stepping here and there as he passed over a stone or two.

And suddenly he snorted, and put a hand up to hide his laugh.  When he pulled it away, his face was serious once more.  Although he couldn't contain a second snort.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Parkway

His simple motion for her to follow was met with a nod.  She too dusted herself off as they proceed in the direction he had indicated.  She may be new to this forest but she was no stranger to woods so she kept her eyes and ears alert.  One never knows what is lurking within.

Lauraiiel was thankful for the silence.  She was unsettled by her reaction to him and wished to put it behind her.   The chirping was always something she enjoyed to listen to.  Weather it was the birds by daylight or crickets by moon.  It gave her a sense of tranquility.  The soft sounds of their steps propelling them forward also made a calming sound.

Okay Lau, get yourself together.  This could be the best heist of your life.  One that might make it so you no longer do it because you need to.  You do it because you want to.    She studied his backside.  And continued with her inner discussion.  We make a good team.  We naturally flow.  This is why I reacted and nothing more.   We should work together and build a team.  Grow it into a Guild.

As she conducted this inner debate she let her vigilance drop.  When he snorted she sharply looked up at him.  Yet his face completely serious...save for yet another snort.  She looked at him her expression asking what is with you?

Lion

Eyes flickered to his temporary companion.  Theiryk tried to keep a straight face but it just didn't happen.  Theiryk laughed louder this time.  His voice went higher in pitch, mimicking her voice.  "Theiryk, oh help me! Please! I can't! Theiryk! Please!", came his response and he laughed again.

He shook his head once he sobered a little, grinning widely and looking back to the path ahead.  "What a whelp," he chuckled.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Parkway

She stood motionless for a moment.  Mouth open, eyes wide, hands on her hips.  He was mocking her and doing a fine job.  Yet another layer to him, a sense of humor.  She knew she should be furious at him but they way he mimicked her was just too much.  She pushed him an a teasing manner and joined his laughter at her expense.

When she could finally speak she infused a tone of of mocked injury.  "Well some fine gentleman you are!"  Drawing her shoulders back and scrunching in face she says in a deep voice, "Jump!"  She relaxed and gave him a fresh teasing face.  "As if!  A lady such as I to jump!"  She bumped him with her hip and began to walk.  Wiggling her butt and chuckling.   

Lion

"Well, you jumped didn't you?  Hah, what lady climbs trees in the first place."  He clicked his tongue.  Mock injury or not, he still thought her touched in the head.  What the hell was wrong with her anyway?  She was just so weird.

"Besides I'm no gentleman, nor so I have any intention of being such."  He shrugged and as she walked forward, doing some odd chicken walk, he picked up a stone and threw it at her behind.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Parkway

It hit her behind!  This elf was nuts!  But she just could not seem to stop teasing him. 

She turned on the balls of her leather clad feet, facing him with a sweet smile.  She arched her eyebrow.  "No intention?"  She asked as she closed the gap between them.  "I am most please to hear this Theiryk!  For you are correct what lady indeed climbs trees?" 

She was standing very close to him.  Although tall herself she was not able to squarely look him in the eye but did her best. "For I have no intention of behaving as one later."  She turned again and with a look back winked at him.

Lion

But before she could get far Theiryk grabbed her arm roughly and pulled her up beside him.  His grip was strong and he didn't let go even if she pulled on him.  "Now you listen here missy.  I'm only interested in getting this stuff appraised, once that's finished, we're through."

He let her go, a bit roughly at that and it was his turn to give her a sneer.  Theiryk walked once more, intent on remaining silent the rest if the way.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Parkway

She feigned a gasp as he clutched her.  He was being a little rough.  Good this meant she was getting to him.  Or so she hoped.  He practically spat the words to her.  She could help but smile at him. 

"As you wish elf."  Was all she said in a breathless type whisper. 

He was so adamant to be rid of her.  This only fueled her desire of the opposite.  She loved playing this little game with him.  It wasn't like either would get burnt, right?  So what if he did!  She thought.  Served him right treating her in such a way.  Lauraiiel did not stop to think what if she was to be burnt. 

As they continued he was silent.  His demeanor seemed sullen.  This bored her.  She spied some acorns and kneeled to retrieve them.  One by one she plunked them at his backside.  A giggle with each contact. 

Lion

Theiryk stopped turning around and tilting his head.  "Are you okay?" he asked, voice filled with concern.  "You seeing spots?  You feeling dizzy?"

He looked down at the acorns.  He picked one up and bounced one in his hand.  Curious little things.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Parkway

She continued to giggles some.  "I am well."  And then shaking her head she grinned at him.   "Nope!  No spots!  Are you?"  She looked at him as innocently as she could.

When he bent down to pick on of the offending projectiles she watched him bounce it.  "Theiryk, I cannot see why you must be serious all the time.  You know if you only smiled more often you might be more approachable.  And before you go giving me some hard core lecture on being too playful, let me tell you I know when to be serious and when not to be."  She clamped her mouth shut.  What was she thinking saying all that.  She closed her eyes for a moment.  "You know what forget it.  You be serious and yeah once we know what we have everything will be divided and we go our separate ways."

She didn't move to go.  Just sort of stood there waiting to see his reaction or lack there of.

Lion

He just stared at her.  For a long time.  Stared until a smirk played on his lips.  He shook his head, looking up through the thick canopy of trees above them.  He held out his hand, palm up, scars apparent on that callused skin, and along his wrists.

"Okay, I can play along until then.  But stop throwing acorns at my butt.  We've got quite a walk a head of us.  So unless you want me to drop you from those high canopy branches up there, settle down just a tad will you?  I don't thin it's too much to ask."

It wasn't like him even to offer a hand to shake on it.  But it was something. More than he'd give to anyone else.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Parkway

She was nothing if not observant.  How else would she be such a successful thief or assassin?  His scars were of the kind prisoners or slaves received.  She didn't look away, give pity, or act upon seeing them.  This would not endear her to him. 

She had not thought of partnering with anyone since the death of Mufre.  But there was something about Theiryk.  Something holding her to him.  So she did not inquire about his scars.  Besides she also had things she thought best not to tell others.

Lauraiiel smiled.  A true one for the first time in many a moon.   She pushed the thought away of them parting. She had plenty of time to convince him otherwise!  "Deal Theiryk."

"Will  we need to make camp?  Am I right to think we have another days journey?"  This was better.  She walked closer to him.