Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Lost Stranger (Heretic King)

Started by Saber-Five, October 01, 2015, 01:54:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saber-Five

The former slave was impressed with Usagi's speed though a bit offended by the tone of her reply. There was still caution and tensions between them, Meeta realized, personally she had no motive toward her, though she understood it would be foolish to trust strangers. No doubt Usagi was keeping that in mind and more.

"So you're from here or passing through?" Meeta asked with her head above the waters several feet away from Usagi.

Medievarad

"From here.." She raised slightly from the water, closing her eyes briefly and dissappearing under the surface, sticking her head up again only after a few seconds.

Saber-Five

Nodding in reply Meeta and added.

"I originally hailed from the Essryn's capital. The so-called golden city, personally I think the title is overrated."

Meeta laughed cynically once finished. She used want to be part of that society but being liberated from it opened her eyes to the cruel truth about it.

Medievarad

"I see.. Never been there." She said with a nod, enjoying the cool water the two of them were in. "Why's that?"

Saber-Five

"Because their society is so stuck up in their traditions and past glories that they can't see the reality that their nation is slowly decaying. To hell with them I say." Meeta repiled with bitter glee. She was glad to be freed though it's still hard to get used to it.

Looking at Usagi's figure for a second, with a fighter's eye. Usagi seem quite capable she thought to herself. Speaking up Meeta added another comment in a curious tone.

"I take it that you fight a lot."

Medievarad

"Hm." She merely nodded in response, pulling her hair over her shoulder and pulling the hairpin on the top of her hair out, putting it into her mouth as she proceeded to wash her long manes. She arched an eyebrow at Meeta, yet nodding in response. It was no secret, she was a more than capable fighter.

Yet, it wasn't really in her intentions to tell her just who she is or what she fought for. "It's the only thing that helped me get somewhere." She said.

Saber-Five

Meeta can respect the slient confidence that Usgai display as a warrior. She herself was no stranger to combat though it been mostly duels.

"I can sorta relate to that. Personally I prefer hand to hand combat."

Medievarad

"I see." She nodded slowly. So, the woman was experienced in hand to hand, this could prove an invaluable piece of information if they would actually head into combat. Hand to hand was something she wasn't all that bad at. Yet, she preffered to have her weaponry by her side.

Saber-Five

Suddenly an idea surfaced in Meeta's head. She been trying to break some of the tension between them but perhaps some friendly competition could do it. Yes some kind of sparring would do nicely. Looking back up to Usgai, the Essryni half-breed spoke again.

"Since we both know how to handle ourselves in a fight, maybe we can spar, if you're up for it."

Medievarad

"Hmm." She mused. It was a friendly offer indeed, a sparring match and she knew she could beat the woman without any kind of effort, though, it'd be intruiging to gauge the woman's powerlevel. "You wish that to be solemnly hand to hand?" Was what Usagi asked as she rose from the water again, folding her arms underneath her chest.

Saber-Five

"Yes" Meeta repiled as she too rose from the water, with a challenging yet friendly smirk. Placing hands on her hips, she continued.

"Of course we could make a friendly wager of this as well. If I win you help me get to the nearest village. Now what are your terms if you claim victory?"

Medievarad

"I don't really know what you can offer me.." She chuckled slowly. "You could also just have asked me to lead you there.. Rather than fighting." She shrugged with a faint smirk, dropping her hands in a low position. "Ready?"

Saber-Five

"As you wish, let's begin." Meeta answered while still smiling.  A fight to test one another's abilities is a reward enough in itself, Meeta reminded herself. She too got into a fight stance.

Medievarad

It didn't look like her partner minded the nudity thing either. She shrugged slowly, nothing to hold her down. She pulled the wooden pin from her mouth and bound her hair together again, before surging forward with a weak punch to open the fight, her speed great.

But she was holding back. Have her foe make a miscalculation of her skill.

Saber-Five

Having trained and fought in the past few years she been active, even Meeta could tell when someone is holding back. The ex-slave dodged the weak punch and then sweep for Usgai's legs with her right leg.

Medievarad

The rush of water. Her foe's leg was moving, only a quick glance down affirmed her suspicions. Usagi jumped up, her movement actually blurring due to the high speed she was moving at, delivering a heelkick for Meeta's head.

Saber-Five

While surprised at the sheer speed of her opponent jumping up, Meeta barely had enough time to spot the counter-kick coming for her head. In reaction, she bowed her forward avoiding the blow by a few inches. Meeta followed it up by tackling Usgai as she landed back into the pond.

Medievarad

Her blow didn't connect. Maybe she was holding back just a bit too much? As her heel flew over Meeta without causing damage, she pressed her other leg down, causing the back of her knee to contact with Meeta's neck. If she felt the connection, she'd immediatly clasp her leg around Meeta's throat, tugging her down in the water.

Yet if she failed, she was swept off of her feet.

Saber-Five

Meeta parried the second leg attack with her arms and drew back away as Usgai dropped back into the water with a great splash. Instead of attacking again, Meeta choose ran out of the water and unto dried grass. It became clear that fighting in the water would leave her at a disadvantage, so it was time to take the spar on seem to be a more equal footing. The former slave turned around and got into a defenvise stance again, waiting for Usgai to make her next move.

Medievarad

Usagi crashed into the water, immediatly getting back to her feet. She saw her foe make a break for the dry grass, rather than the water. Usagi seemed to be completely frozen into place. Yet a kick in the back of Meeta's knee followed, forcing her down. Only then was it that the illusion dissipated, the sound of water splashing resounded with a delay.

The kick was immediatly followed up by two fingers stabbing down in the soft spot between Meeta's shoulder and neck, a point that would cut off her airways for a short time. All of this flawlessly executed within a second.