Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Matron's Bridge is Falling Down... [M]

Started by visualspice, November 07, 2015, 11:13:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Krah's smile consumed his face as he barked a laugh at her retreating form.
"And if I'm so injured, will your devout and tender lips nurse it back?"

Eyes twinkling with dark humor, he gave a hard kick to his horses side and soon was bellowing the orders. The Turgall military was now seen as the enemy, though confused, the soldiers readily obeyed. At least now the frost was thawing and the rivers running high. But still, this time of day was chilly and the breaths of men and horses alike could be seen as they journied, and jouneyed fast.

Krah and his army wouldn't need to get far. They were nearing the Matron River, just north of the valley, when the tops of Turgallick flags could be seen. Krah gave a sneering laugh, and wasted not another minute. The time to attack was now. He would not give the enemy any warning, or his men, a reprieve.

And it was barely an hour later that Sunniva might hear....
The cannon fire, the gun shots- and the call of dying men echoing into the vacated campsite.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

Nurse it...

Sunniva made a face, turning over her shoulder one last time to stick her tongue out at Krah before she returned back to the camp. While she could be mature when needed, a suggestion such as that only had one response. An immature one that involved an equally immature action.

Having busied herself with brushing down what horses remained at camp while the few personal guards remained with her made their tents, Sunniva's head snapped up at the echos of screams.  Throwing her hood off to let her long red hair tumble down her back, she turned her face to the sky, clasped her hands together to her breast and prayed.

Prayed for the broken beaten men that lay dying. Praying for a quick death. Praying that that awful general get shot someone else besides his cock because she very much did not want to press her lips to anything on his body, let alone that.

visualspice

The fight remained distant, the call of men like the sea, and the gun and canon fire, thunder. It didn't seem like the fighting was anywhere near a close, but moments later, a rider on a dark horse came thundering into the camp.

He bore the Grand Duke's flag and was quick to approach Sunniva.

"My lady... the General, he requests more aid, and black powder. Can you help me travel down to the Southern camp and-"
And tht's when he paused- realizing...

Was this White Lily... blind?
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

Luckily she'd been beside her horse, hand on his neck when the man game.

Quickly her attention was grabbed and she snapped her head to face him, frowning when he trailed off.

"Of course." Quickly enough she was on her horse, waiting for instructions, "Lead the way." Though helping the general wasn't exactly a keen thing in her mind she licked her lips and squared her shoulders, "I'll do what I can."

visualspice

Licking his lips, he gave a nod.

"Do.. do you need help there, milady?"
Though even he hesitated. What use would she be except for a stock still protector? Though he supposed it was better than nothing.

Draconian

"I'm already on my horse," she frowned, head tilting. "I need you to lead the way, the sooner we help the general the better.

visualspice

The man hesitated.
"Shall.. shall I tether our horses together?"
Though he knew he was wasting precious time, he also did not wish to deny the appointed help of God, or at least one blessed by he.

Draconian

"No. My horse is well trained," Sunniva bit out with a hiss. "You're wasting precious time and people are dying. Move!"

visualspice

He nodded quickly, all but jumping at the snap in her voice. He turned to head south, checking every so often to ensure she was behind him. Once the pair were upon the camp, he informed her,
"We're here. Shall we rally the men together?"

Draconian

Sunniva pursed her lips, nodding at him. Rally they together? Did he think her a solider? How did one rally soldiers? Keeping mage abilities away from her being was an innate ability. Rallying soliders required charisma and while she would like to think she had that, she was quite aware that most anything soldiers looked at on her was her bust.

"Very well. Lead the way."

That was a good vague thing, right? Right. The sooner she got herself out of this God Forsaken mess the better.

visualspice

It didn't take much to get the remaining troops together. The call to arms had them on the road in minutes. And as they began their march, the adrenaline could be tasted, as well as the overwhelming beat of their hearts. These were men trained for war, men ready to commit war, and not a single one of them looked afraid. These were, after all, General Krah's men, and he had the roughest and most savage of the lot.

The captains and other higher ranking officers easily got that way by acts of savagery, men who didn't fear getting their hands a little dirty, as well as those that didn't mind taking the lead. And the closer they got, the smell of black powder filled the air and as they crested the hill-

The animated scene of battle was all but consuming their view.
The leaders took one look at General Krah, who stood in the midst of the smoking blood bath and as he raised his sword arm to them- all of the General's men roared as they rushed into the fray.

Now with the second batch of soldiers, fresh and ready to fight, any weight wearing on Krah vanished. He swung his sword with the fury of ten thousand men, and continued to cut those down who stood in his path. And soon it seemed the General was getting the upper hand-

But then again, it was hard to see through the misty, smoke filled field.

Draconian

( I couldn't think of what to write to keep it moving! I'm sorrrrry. D= )

If there had been God here, Sunniva didn't feel it.

The stench made her nose wrinkle and she moved her sleeve to her face to breath in the scent of cloth before the sharp scent of blood could hit her. The sights from everywhere were overwhelming and before long her head was buried in her arms, resting precariously on top of her horse. The white hood was drawn up over her head, obscuring her face and she gave a breathy sob.

Sunniva wanted to go home.

Still, giving herself a mental shake she rose her head and squared her shoulders.

The least she could do was look like she knew what she was doing. She was a White Lily Knight. That made her.. Symbolic.

Useless.

Sort of. There were no mages over there, were there?

Sunniva hadn't noticed she was on the side lines, standing tall on her horse. A perfect target for an archer or some other wayward soldier looking to make a name for himself.

visualspice

And a perfect target was something the opposing forces were not going to waste time taking advantage of, so while she stood there, frozen atop of her horse, a skilled archer raised his bow. She'd have been stuck through easily, had the cold, hard blade of General Mordeth not sunk into the man's right arm. He cried out in alarm, his arrow shooting past the mist of the fight before the sword smacked against his face.

"That's what you fucking get for trying to take down a holy night." And he spat on the archer before turning to look over at Sunniva.

Draconian

The dull noise of an arrow sinking into flesh and the sharp cry of her horse had her mind go blank and before she realized it the horse was on it's hind legs and Sunniva tumbled off the back, landing hard on her side.

This was bad.

Apparently there had been more than one archer.

Short of breath she saw herself from a high vantage point and heard the familiar (awful) voice. Krah. That awful man. Though she knew he saved her from certain death at the tip of an arrow, now she was horseless and in the middle of some god forsaken battle. Apparently Sunniva was very good at losing her horses.

Still, she got up quickly enough, red hair coming loose from her hood to hang wildly at her sides. "Krah!" Maybe he'd be able to get her back to camp. Somewhere safe. So, she held out a hand, looking a little frantic, in her search for help.

visualspice

Seeing her with her hand out, he scoffed, "Why is your hand empty? Pull out your sword and fight!" And he turned from her, sword swooping up to catch another attacker on his ribs.

Draconian

It was like being slapped.

Pull out your sword and fight? She knew he was simple. Didn't think he was that simple.

That's be great advice if she could see. Better advice if she could use a sword. A moment to 'see' how many eyes were on the sitting duck now that she knew she was in her own. A hand to her chest to help her with her breath.

Why wouldn't he just save her?

Sunniva's breath picked up and her hand went to the flanged mace at her hip. It was mostly for decorative purposes but she knew it was real. The sharp edges. No horse. Blind. Where had that stupid messenger gone with all that stuff he said he needed.

It was almost too late, ducking away from the sword that made a sweep for her head. A second later and she knew her head would have gone tumbling. Had to get away. They didn't really expect her to fight did they? Her? She was a show piece!

Stil the mace was a welcome weight in her hands and she took a careful breath before she took up a stance. If that stupid general wouldn't bring her to safety then she supposed she'd have to do it herself.

visualspice

Krah was merciless in who he cut down, sword cutting across one man's face, then the chest of another. Though he knew he used his sword with cruel finesse, the moment he caught sight of the fumbling white lily, he sneered.

The man that dare try to cut off her head earned a slug to his face before Krah's sword ran him through, which made the man topple into Sunniva, possibly giving her his eyes' sight and view of the great General before her.

"Why are you just standing there? This is war."

Draconian

He looked big.

Sunniva made a face at him. A childish face that involved her tongue sticking out and she was sure her impeccable aim at where he was would raise eyebrows later.

"Your stupid messenger brought me out here!" She yelled at him, pushing the man away from her as the vision dimmed and he died. "Just... Lead me to somewhere not here and I'll --" Sunniva ducked and when she ducked the mace went up into a chin an what was once a face was a shredded pulpy mess and the gurgling of the man on the ground helped her aim the next attack. Right on his throat.

It was too accurate and too clean to be done by a simple blind girl and she started to back away. Head turning this way and that. She had to leave. She had to get away from here because she wasn't a soldier. She was some... Symbol. Some strange symbol and she knew she couldn't fight here. Too much chaos. Too many eyes.

visualspice

Most of her words were gargled by the sounds of sword meeting sword. The battle was too intense for him to keep a focus on her, and soon his back was to her as he focused on the men rushing them.

Draconian

As much as Sunniva didn't like the man, he made a good shield. So, she did her best to shuffle behind him to help take care of any stragglers that turned around to get to the general. A few more faces were torn off by her mace and Sunniva felt her face wet with blood. More screams.  Her nose and mouth burned with the smells.

Sweaty. Covered in blood. There was a gash on her cheek that stung (which she accidentally did to herself,) Sunniva hadn't come here to help in the battle, but now she found herself neck deep in it.

At least the smell of blood and smoke drowned out the lingering scent of alcohol from the general. A small blessing.