Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Fate of Ahjfeld (A thread for plots!)

Started by visualspice, November 07, 2015, 04:04:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

So the Duchy of Ahjfeld in Connlaoth is the first to fall in on itself. It was recently attacked and 'conquered' by the Duke of Turgall (who had done so in attempts to rescue his sister- though that mission he failed). It was said she was held captive at Fort Dhagh,  however, fate had other plans in store when the crazed duke ran into an adhara- who was the only one he'd ever run into ever able to 'tame' his powers.

That being said, Ahjfeld's fate is up in the air- and I'm currently looking for some ideas. My main idea is to play out the effects this has on the house that had once been ruling Ahjfeld (or more or less, its remaining heirs).

This would take place during or after the 'Long Winter' in Connlaoth- so those interested in having some fun in this duchy, please post your thoughts here!
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Saber-Five

Considering the chaos left in the region, I think a vigilante milita can mix things up in this duchy. Their purpose will be to protect Ahjfeld citizens from bandits, rogue mages, and even ambush Grand Duke' soldiers or mercs should they oppress the people there. This group could also challenge the duchy's remaining heirs if they can't work together. This unit will lead be my crime crusader Nemesis. Here a link to the faction that I intend to use for such a plot;

http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=19674.0

visualspice

Just a reminder that this plot has a lot of potential for anyone knew to the site to possibly join into the civil war fun in Connlaoth! Due to the nature of how large this event is, also keep your eyes open for other ideas and plotting threads! And don't hesitate to post your own thoughts and questions on it, too!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Jounin64

I think this is a good place for Alphonse to try to gain an advantage over the Grand Duke.

visualspice

Just bumping this thread to see if there is more interest :D

visualspice

I'm bumping this thread again since a lot of political players and power hungry nobles would surely vie for power in this conquered duchy! Post your thoughts and plots here :D

Whim

I just created a character, Wylie, who might be suitable for play in Ahjfeld. He'd most certainly be pro-mage and likely torn between striking at the mage-camps and protecting his family's interests. My idea is he rules over a remote and fertile valley of Kilanthro, made so because the locals have long worshiped more savage gods in secret (sort of a 'Lottery' type thing if you're familiar with the short story.)

I had a few ideas up in the air for threads and relationships...

-The Wyndhams could be working with Turgall, offering shelter to rebels and Free Folk as they nip at the mage camps. Maybe there'd be potential for cloak-and-dagger/sabotage type stories.

-Worship of the demons/faeries petitioned by Wylie's village starts to spread in response to famine. Angar's church sends people to investigate?

-Supporters of the Buttwick's have fallen on hard times, and the Wyndham's meager resources and fertile lands are suddenly much more valuable. Wylie could go offering aid to some ailing house in a bid to improve his family's standing?

-I had the idea of Wylie's sister maybe being married to a grand-duke supporter (possibly a Buttwick?) And maybe he's planning to send her kids away (as they're mages)? Wylie could make a move to depose his brother-in-law and rule his lands through his nephews.
Awesome avatar by Eckhart_von_Musel

Guilds:
Wyrdwood Academy of Arcane Science

Events:
The Midnight Harvest
Into the Mouth of Qokagax

Characters:
Ewan ap Rhys - once a great sorcerer, now a small boy
Anwen ferch Rhys - scholar of blood magic
Duke Blackthorn - Duke of Dawn and Dusk, Warden of Weal and Woe, and all-around evil faerie
"Kaliam" - magically conjoined apprentice wizards
Maergath - Magister of Soulshaping, necromancer, angry and hateful wizard
Narlis Thordane - Hero for hire, proud and unrepentant scumlord
Niamh Wayrest - trader in forbidden lore, purveyor of curiosities
OLIVER THE BARBARIAN - a very reluctant hero and monster-slayer
Sage Whitechalk - heir to the Whitechalk Family
Saoirse Nettlefield - Headmistress of Wyrdwood, conniving academic

visualspice

ohhh, looks like I got a bite here :D

It might be interesting if @Cambie - he and I tossed in our characters Kella Harmond (sister of the Duke of Turgall, Blaith) and her lover, Aryn into this mix (as just a thought), but I do have a few other characters plotted to try to make a political move on Ahjfeld.

The two being:
Lady Davina Callister- a woman bent on seeking her own source of power

and

Lady Boehman- one of the few surviving heirs of the late Duke Buttswick. She is more or less trapped in her castle home, though I need @Lion to still work on plots with me for both Davina and Helaina :P

Cambie

Quote from: visualspice on March 13, 2016, 08:02:39 AM

It might be interesting if @Cambie - he and I tossed in our characters Kella Harmond (sister of the Duke of Turgall, Blaith) and her lover, Aryn into this mix (as just a thought)

Duke Aryn... has a nice ring to it!

visualspice

Quote from: Cambie on March 13, 2016, 08:10:45 AM
Quote from: visualspice on March 13, 2016, 08:02:39 AM

It might be interesting if @Cambie - he and I tossed in our characters Kella Harmond (sister of the Duke of Turgall, Blaith) and her lover, Aryn into this mix (as just a thought)

Duke Aryn... has a nice ring to it!

I think we're all doomed if he ever takes a title lol

visualspice

Quote from: Cambie on March 13, 2016, 08:36:27 AM
There would forever be a bacon shortage in Ahjfeld.

Considering Turgall is the duchy that just conquered Ahjfeld, it IS possible we could consider Kella being voted in as the new woman to marry the next in line to rule there? And if that were the case... loooool omg
Aryn WOULD become a Duke
(the duchy would be doomed >_> )

Whim

Are Turgall troops presently occupying it? Or is it essentially a war-torn wreck with the Grand Duke's men watching over the mage camps and Fort Dhagh?

And do the Buttwick's have an 'legitimacy' to the point people would be looking to pressure them into marriage to gain control Duchy? (It sounds like Helaina is the only one!)

Guilds:

Events:
The Midnight Harvest

Characters:
Duke Blackthorn - Duke of Dawn and Dusk, Warden of Weal and Woe, and all-around evil faerie

visualspice

Helaina is the only one, but as a woman, she has no right to any ruling positions.

Turgall has some troops in Ahjfeld, but Fort Dhagh and the Mage camps have been destroyed, so so far, there are no armies under the Grand Duke's flag there as they were chased out of the duchy.

Whim

I did some skimming... Kella and Arryn are currently fleeing the destruction of Fort Dhagh? Assuming Wylie is a supporter of Turgall's forces (whether formally or as an opportunist) how much would he be aware of her significance?

They could potentially bump into Wylie as he's travelling to his brother-in-law's estate. If they're travelling in disguise they could be conscripted, or perhaps the offer of shelter during winter is too hard to pass up? They could get caught in the mess of seizing the castle? Hrmph.

Guilds:

Events:
The Midnight Harvest

Characters:

visualspice

Quote from: Whim on March 14, 2016, 09:50:20 PM
I did some skimming... Kella and Arryn are currently fleeing the destruction of Fort Dhagh? Assuming Wylie is a supporter of Turgall's forces (whether formally or as an opportunist) how much would he be aware of her significance?

They could potentially bump into Wylie as he's travelling to his brother-in-law's estate. If they're travelling in disguise they could be conscripted, or perhaps the offer of shelter during winter is too hard to pass up? They could get caught in the mess of seizing the castle? Hrmph.

At this point @Cambie would need to decide if he thinks Aryn's identity would be known. as far as Kella is concerned, it is known she is MIA, and most recent gossip suggests she had been taken to Fort Dhagh.

Lion

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Quote from: Lion on March 15, 2016, 10:46:37 AM
I'm still up for doing this @visualspice .

@Lion - Julius was the character, right? Helaina (the former Duke of Ahjfeld's only living 'heir') was set to be under house arrest unless dictated other wise. This would be during the year of the longest winter (which is year 8 in the Connlaothian war)

Lion

Yes it would be Julius.  He would probably try to see her after hearing what happened.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Well, Helaina's post for you is linked in her profile so feel free to post whenever you'd like XD
though if you have questions just poke me~!