Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Blood and seeds of darkness ||Morrighan||M||

Started by SilmeriaElemred, November 09, 2015, 12:59:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilmeriaElemred

@Morrighan

It was not often Anise was outside on her very own. Only when she had a purpose. Tonight, was one of those nights however she actually had a purpose. Following a rumour leading her very far away from home. But if it was true, it was certainly worth it.

She was dressed in an elegant dress that adressed her curves but not so much to be thought of as indecent. Having just visited a fellow noble whom her late husband was close friends with, she wandered the dark streets. Blood. She picked it up from not to far away.

Other women would most likely never consider going into an alleyway all alone in the dark. But Anise was confident in her magic, and her little childhood friend.

Wild

When the moon shone brightly in the sky, Flavia got out of bed and left her bedroom. The rooms of her house were quiet, and no servants could be seen in the corridors. Flavia knew they had to be sleeping, and she was glad to be alone. The night was her time, the only time a day where she could forget her problems, at least for a while...

Quietly she walked through the house, draping her cloak closer around her as she tiptoed past her husband's bedroom. She was afraid to wake him up, afraid what he might do to her if he found her sneaking around the house at night like this.

Finally she reached the backdoor in the kitchen, the one the servants used to come and leave as they wished. She knew that the front door was always locked at night. But the kitchen door was for some reason left unlocked tonight. Good. That meant she could come and leave, hopefully without anyone noticing.

She slipped quietly through the door and tiptoed through the garden, looking around to see if anyone could see her before quickly slipping through the garden gate and into the streets.  She had to get away from the house for a few hours - in an attempt to keep her sanity. For every day of her marriage she felt more uneasy. These nightly hours were the only escape she had - for as long as it lasted. Sooner or later someone might find out and tell her husband - and her way of escaping reality would be stopped.

SilmeriaElemred

Anise had worked around blood long enough to regocnise it's scent and she was soon to find the source. A simple boring murder. Well boring. The dying man was still alive. Suffocating in his own blood.

''I suppose you came outside for some air?'' Anise asked as she knelt down. She could hear the gurgling sounds from the man's throat. A plea for help.

''I will help you. Maybe.'' she replied and ran her finger over his blood before tasting it. ''Hmm you taste a little foul. Unfortunate. I don't do foul blood.'' she got on her feet. ''Enjoy dying. Surely you deserved it.''

The man got desperate. Surely this woman could not let him be like this right? Him panicking only worsened his condition. ''I like my blood sweeter with despair. You are to far gone.'' she gave the man a polite wave and slowly left. He was dead before she was even out of the small alley.

Secretly she had hoped to find the rumoured vampire here but it was not the case. But the night was young and she could always pay a noble amongst noble visit if the rumors of her target's location was true.

Wild

Flavia stopped for a moment to look around. She was now at an open space, where she knew the wealthy went to market early in the mornings when the farmers had dragged their barrels of fruits, meat, vegetables, cloth and other things here.

But at this point of day, or rather night, the only people in the streets were servants hurrying towards the mansions were they were working, probably from errands for their masters. She also spotted a single female figure coming towards her, but it was too dark to make out any details just yet.

Those who looked in her direction would see a young, slender woman of average height, with pale skin and hair arranged in an advanced hairstyle. She was dressed in a long, hooded cloak of finer material, and what was visible of her dress underneath it seemed to be of exquisite material, embroidered with golden threads and decorated with gemstones.

The young woman slowly started walking again. It felt good to come out after being cooped up in the house all day. The cool night air felt refreshing, and she breathed it in with large gasps, as if her airways had been cut off and then released again.

Even now she needed to stay on her guard. She never knew when someone would notice she was gone from her room, and then come out to force her back home. But she intended to enjoy the fresh air and her momentarily freedom for as long as she could before being forced back to her house.

As she walked aimlessly around like this, she could hear faint sounds from an alley nearby. The sounds were unusual for this area, and she decided to check.

It was then she saw them - the dying man and the young woman. She wondered what they were doing. The man was obvious enough - he was dying, laying in somesomething dark she assumed had to be his blood. Flavia wrinkled her nose in disgust. Whatever the man had done, she was certain it was bad enough for him to deserve such a death.

Turning her gaze towards the young woman, she spoke softly.  "Are you in trouble, Madame? Do you need help?"

SilmeriaElemred

''I am in no trouble at all dear.'' Anise replied and turned towards Flavia. Anise looked a little older then again. Anise had not stopped aging until somewhere in her twenties centuries ago. Her facial feathures softened slightly but there was something in her eyes. She hid it rather well but it certainly was something dark.

''I could smell the blood so I went to check on that man but he was far from saving. But wounds like that, are personal. And there was something foul about him so he surely deserved his fate as unpleasant as it is. What about you though. Wandering the streets at this late hour. It is not often nobles are outside without company. Then again who am I to say that. I am far away from home after all.''

Wild

Flavia smiled when the woman turned towards her, assuring she was in no trouble at all. From what she could see in the dim light from a street lamp the woman was beautiful, perhaps a few years older than herself.  She had something dark in her eyes, but Flavia could not point her finger at what it was. Yet, strangely enough, she felt no fear.

She nodded when the woman explained that the man had been attacked, saying fates like this one usually were personal. It made sense to her that good people never were killed in such horror. She smiled a bit embarrassed when the woman asked what she was doing outside, wandering the streets at this hour. She was right that this was not usual for women of noble birth.

"My husband keeps me locked inside the house all day, so I take advantage of his need of sleep to get some fresh air," she replied, hoping this woman would not run to her husband to alarm him. Though she saw no reason why she should. After all she was a woman herself. "I often wander around at night, the only time of the day when I can feel free - if only for a few hours..."

She nodded when the woman said she was far away from home. She would have remembered if they had met before, as she was good at remembering faces. "Where do you come from?" she asked, then laughed and made a deep curtsy.

"Please forgive me, I am forgetting my manners. I am Lady Flavia Bathory-Syron, the daughter of Lord and Lady Bathory and the reluctant wife of Lord Rasul Syron."

SilmeriaElemred

''Lady Anise Elanesse. I come from Adela. Pleasure is mine'' Anise replied. This indeed was the person she was looking for. Which to Anise was a relief. They had quite a lot in common as well. Well. The old her anyway.

''Locked up huh? I know how it is like. Being a caged a bird and being stuck in a political marriage just to please your family. My husband passed away not to long ago. Have not felt so free in ages. Sneaking out was my specialty until luck left me for one night. 'Noble women do not ride horse in the middle of the night on their own.' he said.

Those hours at night or sometimes during the day when he was away on business where usually the best hours of my time being wedded to that man. So do not worry. Your secret is safe with me.''

Wild

Flavia smiled when Lady Anise Elanesse introduced herself. She already liked the other woman. From the Lady title she assumed that also Lady Anise was a noblewoman - which was also confirmed by her exquisite dress.  So she felt she was in good company now.

She nodded when Lady Anise spoke of  being a caged bird, stuck in a political marriage just to please her family. She had never forgiven her father for that - trapping her in the marriage to Rasul, and then taking Rasul's side when she came to complain, trying to tell him what Rasul was doing to her.

"Sadly my husband is still alive," she said with a sigh. "I am still trapped. I guess it is a beautiful Mansion with all the luxury a woman could dream of, but it is still a cage. I am not free to wander where I want to or do as I please. At least not when my husband is awake. I must admit I have started sneaking out anyway though... The watchman was kind enough to give me a copy of his house keys in exchange for a kiss. I thought it was worth the price..."

She smiled when she heard how Lady Anise had tricked her husband by sneaking out at night or sometimes during the day when he was away on business. If only she could be this brave...

"Do you have somewhere to stay for the night?" she asked gently. "If not you are more than welcome to stay at my Mansion. We have room enough. And if you don't want to stay in the main house we do have a guest house as well..."

SilmeriaElemred

''My son and I are at a local inn but I think a place to sleep without filthy drunken hands at places they do not belong would be better. However, I think you would get into trouble if me and my son would now barge in.'' she pondered briefly.

''I have an idea. What if I am an old friend paying a visit and that you had received a letter from me. My son could perhaps do some family business with your husband. My late husband traded antiques and magic artifacts. While my son keeps your husband busy we could get better aquinted. After all. Which noble does not like an artifact that can turn liveless objects into gold. But if we go with this we will need to know some things about one another to make it believable. My son is currently out so we could use the safety of my rented room.''

Wild

Flavia shook her head and shuddered when she heard of the local inn where her newfound friend and her son were staying. She couldn't stand the thought of sleeping in bedsheets that several others had used before her, or filthy drunken hands belonging to men she had not chosen herself.

"You can't stay at a place like that," she protested. "You and your son are welcome to stay with us for as long as you wish. We have plenty of room. My husband is often gone on business trips, when he is not off to see one of his local harlots..."

There was a tiny hint of bitterness in her voice as she spoke. It was so unfair. Men could sleep with anyone they wanted, it seemed. But a woman would be punished by the entire society if she did the same. Luckily she had learned from her early childhood by watching her father's numerous affairs that adultery was generally accepted as long as it happened discretely.

Thus, she had already started having adventures on her own. Even if she was discrete, it was still a sweet revenge for her every time she could take a lover in her arm. She knew her husband would not be pleased if he found out, but most of her lovers were strong and capable of defending themselves.

Her face lit up when the woman suggested being introduced as an old friend and that she could have received a letter from her. She also enjoyed the thought of having someone keeping her husband busy. Knowing Rasul, she knew how much he loved gold. The artifacts turning liveless objects to gold could definitely keep him away.

"I like your idea," she smiled, admiring how cunning the other woman was. She hoped she would be just as cunning one day. She was still young and fairly inexperienced in trickery. "Please lead the way. My husband had a lot to drink tonight, so I doubt he will wake up early tomorrow. That gives us some time to learn the things about each other we need to know."

SilmeriaElemred

Anise offered Flavia a polite bow and lead Flavia towards the Blackmane inn. It was not the poorest of inns this place had to offer and Anise was not picky either. Most of the things she did was for the Order after all. She'd go through hell, heaven, purgatory and back if it meant any of the researches would make good steps forward.

''So an unfaithfull husand. Pity. You seem like a really good person. I'm sure he will regret it at some point. I know mine did. Not that my son is any better but he got that from his father. Not that I am stopping him though. He is after all not married. As long as he does not make a poor lass pregnant he may do what he desires.''

She opened the door and let Flavia entered first. It was as good as empty as most patrons were gone. Those who were still here were to drunk to even lift their final glass.

''Lady Anise. Welcome back.'' the innkepper spoke and looked at Flavia.
Anise regocnised the look which indicated this man knew her. ''She was never here.'' Anise spoke in a calm but almost dark manner. Her eyes briefly lit up red even and the man nodded.
''Of course Mi-lady. Your wish is my command''
''Good boy.'' Anise replied and the man's gaze at the compliment was as if he was in heaven.
''Shall we proceed?'' she asked Flavia before leading her towards and up the stairs.

Her room was on the first floor. The bed seemed newly made with clean sheets. There was even a bouquet of flowers in a vase and some fresh fruits. Even a bottle of rather expensive wine.

Wild

Flavia followed Anise to the Blackmane inn. Even if it wasn't as luxurious as her own Mansion it wasn't as bad as many other inns she had seen on her journeys. Being Rasul's wife meant that her jealous husband would drag her with her when he traveled elsewhere in the country - unwilling to leave her alone in the manor and open to sleeping with other men. He himself could of course chase down all the women he wanted.  Flavia did not like this rule, and rebelled against it as often as she got a chance.

Her lips curled in a smile when Anise seemed to pity her for having an unfaithful husband. "To be honest, friend, I do pay him back the same way," she admitted, a blush in her cheeks. "Every time I see a man looking at me with interest I flirt shamelessly with him - when my husband isn't looking, of course. Sometimes they even flirt back. I know it isn't right of a married woman to sleep around - but I see it as my own little private revenge over the husband my parents forced me into marrying..."

She smiled when she heard of Anise's son. "Your son sounds like a handsome young man," she smiled. "Is he taking after his mother in beauty?"

As she entered the inn she looked a bit nervous when she recognized the innkeeper. Flavia had met him before, when she went here to have a glass of wine with one of her lovers. She silently prayed the innkeeper would never mention that incident to her husband Rasul.

Luckily Lady Anise knew to keep the man silent, and she sighed with relief as she followed Anise to her room. If only she could be as talented in commanding a man to silence one day. It would be heavenly to see that effect working out with Rasul....

Stepping inside Lady Anise's room, she looked around with a friendly expression on her face. "Not bad for being a public inn," she cooed. "But I will still say I can offer you and your son better rooms in my manor. I already look forward to have you there - think of all the fun we could have..."

SilmeriaElemred

''You may judge yourself when you meet him. My late husband hoped for pretty offspring. He was handsome himself as well. As a mother I suppose i can say my son's looks are not bad but they are rather... dangerous so to say. Despite he likes to lay with many different girls I did teach him about how to treat one with dignity. Everyone who sleeps with him knows it is loveless and most girls just look for an adventure with a wealthy young man. I was a bit more reserved regarding who I slept with since I was my husbands property and we slept in the same bed. But on occasion, when he was either away for trading or a few times in the study next to the bedroom, I shared the bed with someone as well. Men and women. Passionatly. You have every right to do what you do.''

She poured two glasses of wine. ''As for this room, it is only like this because of magic. Lovepotion to be more exact. The innkeeper tried to drug me first so I made him my slave instead. I still gladly accept the offer of course. But like I said. Just spontaniously, could get you in trouble. And we would not want that. During me and my son's stay I am sure we can have a lot of fun.'' Anise lit some candles and closed the curtains. From her bag she took a crystal pen, a small pot of ink and some parchment before she sat down at the table. ''And maybe I can teach you some of my tricks as well but they do need to be used with caution.''

She started writing the letter with beautiful caligraphy handwriting.

''How shall we start our little game. Most of women nobility are homeschooled or were you sent to a private girls school for nobility only.''

Wild

Flavia smiled when she heard Anise's offer to judge the looks of her son herself when she met him. "I am sure he is a rather handsome young man," she smiled. "Especially if he has taken after her mother's charms. I am glad to hear he knows how to treat girls with dignity. My husband is handsome too, I guess, but he is also cold as ice. We met for the first time at our wedding day, and it was hate from first side for both of us. He may show a sweet and attentive side when out in public or towards his harlots, but to me he shows his true side."

It was clear from her voice that Rasul's true side was not very pleasant. She smiled bitterly when Lady Anise spoke of being a bit more reserved to who she slept with as her husband's property.

"There was a time when I was faithful to my husband too," she said dreamily. "In spite that I did not love him. But even if I was loyal he treated me in a most savage manner, driving me even more away from him. Perhaps I could have learned to love him if he had been a bit more gentle, but he never was. And it didn't take long after our marriage before I discovered him sleeping with other women. It was then I stopped caring, and started responding to the invites of other men.... I only slept with the men I found attractive though - and I still do."

Her eyes widened in childlike wonder when Lady Anise revealed that she had slept with women. Flavia had never heard of that before, didn't even know it was possible. "You shared bed with women?" she asked in awe. "But how is that possible? I mean, without the...."

She clumsily motioned with her hand in front of her waistline, her hand gestures trying to imitate the male production organ. Then came the question that revealed that in spite of her shocked reaction she was still curious about the possibility to sleep with women.

"How does it feel? Is it good?"

She smiled when Lady Anise spoke of having this room this way because of magic, her smile broadening when she heard how she had made the innkeeper her slave. "I must say," she said as she chuckled with laughter, wiping tears of mirth from her face. "I don't think it is possible to feel bored in your presence, Lady Anise. I am glad to have you and your son stay in my home - think of all the fun we could have!"

Her eyes sparkled with joy when Lady Anise offered to teach her some of her tricks, the possibilities of what she could use them for making her beam with joy. "Oh, I will be very cautious when I use them," she promised. "How can I repay you for your kindness teaching me your wonderful magic?"

She smiled when Lady Anise spoke of schools. "My parents were not exactly the nurturing kind," she admitted. "As soon as I no longer needed my mother's breast, I was sent off to a private girls school for nobility only." She mentioned the name of the school. "It was a school for girls of all ages, from almost babies like I was my first year - and up to young teens of marrying age. As you know higher education is closed for young women, so I never got a chance to go to university like my brothers did. A shame really, because I would have become a very good doctor by now if I had been allowed to study. I am good at tending to the sick though, and of making medicines for private use."

(OoC: I don't know if there are any schools in this board, so feel free to improvise the name of the school)

SilmeriaElemred

''There are only a few good schools, fewer of them taking in such young students. I think it was Lady Amira's school for noble housing. Well lady... I went there once and it was an hold hag.'' she giggled. ''I was homeschooled but know enough about that place.'' she wrote another scentence down.

''As for being in bed with other women.'' she looked at Flavia with a bit of mischief in her eyes. She had chuckled at Flavia's motions ''Fingers and mouth are good tools to use. I prefer a woman in my bed over a man. Women are more gentler and can endure a lot longer. When a man is done he is simply done and they mostly care about themselves anyways. So yes. It feels good. I will not say no to a man either if indeed, he is handsome and is not some selfish man. When I felt like doing a man for once I'd send my handmaiden to a brothel and pick out one or two for me. Brothels are not only for men.''

She finished the scentence and thought a little. At the least Flavia's parents were not the type to look after their child much so it would be no suprise if they did not know about her.

''Higher education is not nessesarily closed. You just need to know where to look for it. The place I call my real home, has hundreds of years of research of the human body. How it can be mended, and how it can be destroyed. But it is not a place for those faint or weak of heart. Regarding me helping you though, I do not need anything in return for that per se. Having fun together is already enough and besides. You remind me a little of myself. If you wish to repay me in some way after all, I'm sure we can work some things out. I had horrible parents and was homeschooled. My father well. Let's just say he had a thing for young girls, specifically his daughter. My mother hated me for it and hit me. But in the end, they got what they deserved. They will never harm a person again. They are not dead though. Far from it.''

Wild

Flavia thought back to her school days, nodding when her friend mentioned Lady Amira's school for noble housing. "Yes, that is the school I was sent to," she replied. "I have to admit that Lady Amira herself scared the living daylight out of me, but some of her teachers were great teachers. I learned a lot there the years I spent there. Perhaps we can pass you off as one of my friends from our school days? My parents never paid attention to who I played with, so I think it would work."

Flavia blushed by the thought of using fingers and mouth to please a woman, not from embarrassment but from the fact that she was turned on by thinking of the idea. Sleeping with a woman simply had not occurred to her before, as she had never known it was possible. Now that she had heard of it, she wouldn't mind trying  it out herself, but who could she ask to perform such an experiment with her? Most of the women she knew were married and fanatic loyal to their husbands.

"It sounds lovely," she blurted out, blushing as she studied her hands as if she had never seen them before. "Perhaps I may try one day... If I can find someone willing."

Her eyes widened when Lady Anisa told her that Brothels were not only for men. "They aren't?" she asked in childlike wonder, like a little girl learning how to pull pranks from an older and more experienced sister. "I never knew that..."

She giggled when Lady Anisa spoke of sleeping with handsome men. "My husband is handsome," she said. "But sadly he is also terribly cold. He likes to force himself on me and take what he wants without any care for what I feel, and when he is done he just rolls over and falls asleep. That is when he bothers to stay in my room. Sometimes he goes to sleep in another room. I don't know how he behaves towards the other women he sleeps with."

She smiled when Lady Anisa spoke of higher education for women, glad to hear that it was possible for a woman to find it if she knew where to search. "I would give anything to get a higher education and a profession of my own," she sighed. "I don't like being dependant of my husband or father for money. I want to earn my own keep."

She smiled when Lady Anisa spoke of not needing anything in return for her favors. "But I wish to repay you somehow though," she said and smiled. "It seems so unfair that you do all of this to help me and then you get nothing in return. Please let me know if you can think of something I can do for you..."

She shuddered when she heard of Lady Anisa's parents. The father seemed even  more creepy than Lord Bathory had been. He had rewarded Flavia with schools for not telling her mother about his mistresses. Flavia had seen the use in learning something and had kept her tongue when Mother was around. And Father had kept his word, paying for the expensive schools he sent her to.

"Your parents sounds disgusting," she shuddered. "I hope they were punished for what they did. I am sorry you had to go through all that..."

SilmeriaElemred

''Like I said. They were punished rather well. Still are actually.'' she chuckled. ''Maybe I should pay them a visit. Last time was a decade ago...''

''And yes I think it would work just fine.'' she took a sip of the wine she had poured and gestured to the other glass. ''Take some if you want. As for the school. Well. guild as it were, maybe I can make an exception and let you join. But you will need to prove yourself. It is not your everyday place to go and it's existence is rather.. secret.''

She kept writing and despite the subjects spoken kept a straight face. ''If you look for someone willing, I could perhaps let you feel how it is like to share the bed with a woman. Doing that in  brothel the first time is not a good thing. Intimate bedtime should be special wether love is involved or not. A brothel can provide it if you know which of the men and women working there you need.'' She pondered and softly blew on the ink to make it dry faster. The then folded the paper and handled it to make it seem it had been read multiple times. As final she put it in the enveloppe and sealed it with wax and a sigil. when dry she broke it so it seemed to have been opened.

''There we go. All done,''

Wild

Flavia smiled when her newfound friend spoke of her parents still being punished. She wondered what kind of punishment they had received, but something inside her warned her not to ask.

"I rarely see my parents either," she said. "Since I was constantly sent away as a child we aren't exactly close... But at least my father cared enough to pay for my schools. My mother I think, has enough with her own problems. Father isn't exactly what you would call a dream match..."

She smiled gratefully and took the offered glass of wine. "Oh, thank you," she smiled, sipping on the wine. "Mmmm, excellent wine. Much better than the cheap sort of wine I have heard they have on the cheap taverns."

She nodded when Lady Anisa said she would have to prove herself worthy for the guild. It was a reasonable request. "Of course," she said. "Please let me know what I can do to prove myself worthy."

Her lips curled up in a tiny smile when Lady Anisa offered to show her how it felt to share bed with a woman. Lady Anisa was a beautiful woman, and Flavia would rather have her as her first female lover than a bought girl she didn't even know. "I would be most grateful if you could teach me how it feels to be with a woman," she smiled. "At least I think I am getting to know you now, and I feel we have a lot in common."

She listened to Lady Anisa's advice about the brothels. "What do I do if I don't know what I need?" she asked, wanting to learn as much as she could of these new options that suddenly appeared for her.

She smiled when Lady Anisa folded the paper and handled it to make it seem it had been read  multiple times. She was full of awe and admiration of how much this woman knew and how cunning she was. She wished she could become just like her one day.

"Wonderful," she beamed. "I think my husband will definitely fall for this. Should we go to my house now? I can wait for you and your son if you need to pack..."

SilmeriaElemred

''If not there is always magic but it is more fun to do these things without. Also, when we share the bed, lets let it be his. If there is any servant and or stableboy you hate just blame them.'' she cleaned the crystal pen and put it back in it's representative box with the vial of ink.

''As for your brothel question. Since you have lovers it means you do not hate sex despite you are being raped. Think of what you like. For me it depends on my mood. I do not mind being dominated from time to time for example. You need to ask yourself, what do I like or what would I like to try out. There is no shame in asking the brothel's owner, they know their staff the best. Another way to learn is to watch first and join in afterwards. Maybe I should just bring you to one. But not in this town.''

She had not yet unpacked a lot of things and whatever laid around was put away. She packed the bottle of wine as well. ''My son should be back soon. We can finish our wine and wait for him. Also I know a few things about you know. Is there anything you'd like to know about me?''

Wild

Flavia giggled when Lady Anisa suggested they slept with each other in her husband's bed. "Oh, he will be furious! I love your ideas. I can already picture the look on his face when he finds out..."

She could also imagine what punishment she would receive for her impertinence afterwards, but it would be worth it just for the chance of getting this kind of revenge... And in Rasul's own bed on top of that - she would never have thought of this on her own! She was already filled with admiration for her new friend and all the mischief she could do.

She smiled and shook her head when Lady Anisa hinted she did not hate sex. "No," she admitted with a smile. I do not hate sex every time... My husband is rough and only thinks of himself, giving me little pleasure if any at all... But there have been others..."

She smiled dreamily, thinking of a few of her romantic encounters. Some of them had actually been quite pleasant.

""I think I need to be in the mood too," she mused as she thought of her preferences for sex. "I haven't really thought of what I like or do not like, as I have always been told to do as I am asked and be a good girl. Perhaps I should do as you say and watch first and join in afterwards."

She laughed by the thought of going with Lady Anisa to a brothel. "No, good heavens, not in this town. We could risk running into my husband... But if we can find one where nobody knows him or me, I wouldn't mind coming with you..."

Perhaps it was the wine, or the new courage she had found by meeting Lady Anisa, but she started laughing almost hysterically at the double meaning of her own words.

"I'm so sorry," she managed to say between the outbursts of laughter. "That sounded far more horrible than it was meant..."

She finally managed to calm herself and nodded when Lady Anisa suggested they could wait for her son. She sipped her wine again, pondering when Lady Anisa asked if there was anything she wanted to know about her.

"I wish to know everything you are willing to tell me about yourself," she finally said. "You fascinate me and amuse me. I think I have never met anyone like you - so full of courage and knowledge of how to get back at the men who abuse us so cruelly."

Tags: