Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Lost Souls [Wicked Basket] [Archive]

Started by DragonSong, November 28, 2015, 04:26:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

Serena tilted her head, smiling in a vague sort of way. "You know, I'm not entirely sure," she replied, getting to her feet and fishing around in the drawer of her bedside table. "I've never actually seen him do it, but whenever I ask it gets done. Aha!"

She straightened up holding a small, earthy green pill in her palm. "It's not very strong, but it should help you rest," she said, offering it to Lukas.

Wicked Basket

Taking the pill from her Lukas examined it.

"What is this?"

DragonSong

"Condensed chamomile and lemon balm steeped in dew water for three nights and held together with a simple sleep charm," she answered promptly. Giving him a small smile, she added, "It's not poisonous, promise. If I was going to kill you, I've had plenty of opportunities."

Wicked Basket

Well he'd come this far by trusting everything she had so there was no point in stopping now. He put the pill into his mouth and, though unpleasant, he managed to get it down.

"Well that wasn't very appetizing," he commented.

DragonSong

She wrinkled her nose. "Yeah, spells never taste very good. Most of the time all the non-magic ingredients in potions and the like are really just to make it palatable."

Sorren poked his head into the room and meowed. She nodded. "Thanks," she told the cat, standing. "I'll get you some tea," she said to her patient, moving toward the door. "Honey? I don't generally use sugar."

Wicked Basket

"I don't generally drink tea," Lukas replied. "I actually never have."

DragonSong

Serena smiled. "Well, I suppose it's a good time to start then," she said. She left and returned a few moments later, bearing a small cup filled with fragrant, gently steaming liquid. "Mint," she told him, offering the cup.

Her eyes flicked to his stitches. She was a little worried about his arm; those puckered bite wounds were harder to stitch than the relatively straight gashes.

Wicked Basket

Lukas took the cup and looked into it. He smelled it and swished it around in the cup a bit before taking an experimental. He coughed a little and his nose wrinkled slightly. Needless to say he was not a fan of tea, but he didn't want to waste her resources either. He of all people knew how important they were. So despite his dislike of it He kept drinking it sip by sip.

DragonSong

Serena laughed. She couldn't help herself. It was quite obvious he didn't like it, but he continued to drink it with a suffering expression. He reminded her strongly of s child told to eat his vegetables and not complain.

"You don't have to drink that if you don't like it," she told him, chuckling.

Wicked Basket

"It's just got a bit more of a kick than the plain water I'm used to," Lukas told her.

Though each successive sip was more bearable than the last, he still didn't like it. But if she was kind to help a complete stranger then he could at least drink this tea.

DragonSong

"Suit yourself," she said with a shrug, still smiling. Kneeling by the bed, she reached under it to fish out a blanket and stood again. "I'll be in the workshop- it's right next door- if you need anything."

She moved toward the door, Blaze winding around her feet and batting at the trailing ends of the blanket. It wasn't the first time she'd slept in her work room, and she felt certain it wouldn't be the last.

Wicked Basket

Lukas sighed and tried to get as comfortable as possible with his injuries. One of these days his demon slaying antics is going to get him killed, but it wasn't like he was living for anything. Just surviving. The pill he had taken began to take effect and he found himself dozing off. Hopefully at least some pain will have subsided by morning.

DragonSong

At some point in the night Serena woke, snapping suddenly upright from her workbench and sending two furry bodies flying with protesting meows. "Sorry," she muttered, blinking sleep from her eyes. It must have been a dream that woke her, but she couldn't remember it.

Since she was awake anyway, she decided she should check on her patient. She moved silently to her bedroom and peeked her head around the door; she didn't want to wake him, but she really should check on how his stitches were holding up.

Wicked Basket

While the pill Serena had given him encouraged sleep, it did not prevent dreaming. Lukas stirred and mumbled incoherently in his sleep. He was having a nightmare, as he often did. They could be about anything from reliving his exiling to watching former friends of his die now that he was no longer there to protect and lead them. This dream was of the latter type.

DragonSong

Serena crossed the room quietly. He seemed to be dreaming, but judging by the tight lines of his face it wasn't a pleasant dream. She reached out and touched his shoulder, murmuring, "Lukas? Wake up, you're having a nightmare."

At least now she didn't feel so guilty for waking him to check his wounds.

Wicked Basket

Lukas' stirring and mumbling became more violent. Whatever he was dreaming it was getting worse, and it reached it's climax when Serena touched his shoulder.

As soon as she made contact, Lukas roared in anger and his right hand clamped around her neck and his left hand was raised and poised to strike. His eyes were filled with murder, at least until he saw who it was that was in his grasp. The look of rage quickly changed to one of guilt and he immediately released her.

"I...I..."

DragonSong

Serena didn't even have time to cry out before he grabbed her. Eyes wide and terrified she trembled in his grip before he suddenly released her. She slumped to the floor, staring up at him, fingers hesitantly rising to the bruises she was sure were forming on her neck.

Yowling and hissing, three cats came tearing into the room, fur on end and teeth bared. Suddenly snapping back to herself, Serena managed to grab them before they went for him with their claws. "Hey, hey, stop that! It was an accident, he didn't hurt me!"

She looked up at him, offering a small, shaky smile and repeating, "He didn't hurt me."

Wicked Basket

Lukas was still terrified by what he had done. She had done nothing but help him and he had almost hurt her. Very badly. Though it was due to the dream it was having and unintentional, the guilt was still overwhelming. The look on her face. She had been so afraid. Afraid of him. Just like....

"I... I'm... I didn't...," Lukas stuttered.

DragonSong

Shooing her familiars out of the room, Setena stood. "I know you didn't mean to," she said soothingly. A little more carefully this time, she moved toward him, hand outstretched. "I just came in to check your stitches, I didn't mean to startle you."

Wicked Basket

Lukas said nothing and allowed her to approach. What could he say to make up for what just happened? It had all been a dream, but it had felt so real. Will this torment ever end? How long must he be punished?