Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

One Way Streets

Started by visualspice, January 05, 2016, 03:49:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

It did sound strange. Her face twisted in confusion.
"Nemesis?' she repeated, looking at him questionably.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Saber-Five

"It's more of a title than than actual name to be honest." Nemesis confessed. Waving his left hand around over the corpses and asked.

"Do you know why I killed these men?"

It was an uncomfortable question in an uncomfortable situation, but he wanted to get this girl's honest impression of what happen, no matter what it is.

visualspice

She felt a lump for in her throat, body freezing and stomach chilling at such a question. But her eyes never left him, still too afraid she might end up just like they were- dead on the streets, illegitimate blood.

"Should I care?" she asked, cautiously, but guarded.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Saber-Five

The fear in her eyes and the urchin's own question revealed much to Nemesis. The girl saw only a dangerous man that masked himself and killed people. Beside that she had own concerns to think about such as survival. The latter part was obvious to the vigilante by now. He doubt further words from him will convince her otherwise.

Perhaps he should try another means to gain insight from her and the other scavnagers that roamed these parts. Even so he will speak once more before leaving.

"You don't need to fear me, I don't punish those like you child, who are simply trying to survive. Farewell."

With that statement, he threw another smoke bomb that covered his exit from the young thief's view. Moments later it faded away, with Nemesis out of sight.

visualspice

"Farewell?" The reply came angrily. Was that all? But before she could question anything,s he was choking on his farewell smoke. Once the smoke had passed and she saw the strange man long gone, she figured to cut any losses here as she turned tale and began to navigate her way back towards the place she now called home.

She was tired, however, and very sore after the whole ordeal. The rain didn't help much either, and as she continued through the fallen city of Thaedes, she looked nothing more than a drowned rat. And though she was still guarded, she was tired and distracted enough not to notice eyes looming from the shadows.

Saber-Five

Nemesis kept a sutble watch over Vels away from her view during the midst of her journey. He dealt with the few other watchers that made threatening approaches in the dark toward Vels, discreetly as possible.

Done, Nemesis decide to try out his new experiment. Shortly before Vels reached her destination, she came across what appeared to a struggling figure in front of the rubble filled street, trying to find shelter in the rain. It was a man in brown leather rags, with wrappings over most of the face, inculding the eye sockets that hinted blindness. Only a dark tan skin was displayed from the nose and mouth. The hands were bandages, and he carried a stick with his right hand, using it to feel his way on the path.

Suddenly the "blind man" collapsed to the ground on his knees, by triping on a middle sized rock. He grunted and swore until he heard the girl's steps. Turing around, the man who seem to be in his thirties, spoke in a raspy voice filled with fear.

"Who there?"

visualspice

Though eager to get back to her 'home', and extra cautious after what had already happened that night, she had every right to just ignore the man, though the longer she watched him, she saw how he struggled. Not entirely sure what to make of him, was he blind, or just drunk? His words made her freeze and she frowned at being noticed.

"No one of concern. I was just passing through."

Saber-Five

"Oh thank Ansgar, I thought for a moment there, you were one of those mad dogs that roam out here sometimes." The ragged man said with relief. His face pointed vaguely in Vels' direction, but he kept turning left and right, trying to pin-point the exact location of his new company. Such a display that would a person believe he was blind.

"You sound like a girl there if I am not mistaken. Anyway don't mind me, just trying to find shelter in this storm."

Suddenly a loud thunderbolt crack very close and scared the vagabond into screaming and falling down for cover. His body shook in utter terror that hinted of a deep fear from loud noises.

visualspice

Still wary, she watched the man and wondered what was wrong with him, as he was looking all about in all sorts of directions. She still assumed he was drunk, until she got a better look at him and realized, he was blind.

It figured she'd notice this just as she decided she ought to make her leave, for the rain didn't bother her, why should it this stranger? But even the thunder took her off guard as well. She grit her teeth, still debating whether to stay or leave before she cursed under her breath and looked around for some sort of nearby shelter. Once one was seen, a visible over hang near a former tavern, she made her way across to him.

"Do you need help?" she asked, feeling silly for even inquiring, but really..
She was still on the fence about helping the man out. But even she knew she couldn't just leave him like this in such weather.

Saber-Five

"Its thunder not cannon. It's thunder not cannon." The man on the ground muttered loudly again and again that even Vels could hear it.

Clearly, the source of his fear for loud noises came from cannon fire. He slowly got up on his knees upon hearing Vels' apporch. When she asked if he needed help, the blind-looking man bowed his head, in shame that he was reduced to this state so easily. Still whatever pride he may left in himself, wasn't enough to deter him from the offer.

"Okay...okay I do. Just anywhere out of this storm." He pitifully confessed to Vels.

visualspice

She had seen others who howled in fear- from dark memories that turned them mad from the war. Her heart went out to him, even as she hesitated, but she had already committed and there was no backing out now. She moved to his side and offered her arm.

"Here let me help you. Hold onto my arm."
And grimacing at the weather, as it seemed the rain was coming down harder now, she gave a gasp.
"We need to hurry. Come, this way. There's a small alcove and a ruined building that will give us some shelter."
And she gave him a light tug to indicate they needed to get moving, just at the same time a bright flash of lightning struck a nearby building, forcing Vels to back away as thunder boomed and parts of the lightning hit building fell.

Her heart was drumming, but now was not the time to panic. Taking the blind man's arm, she took off, dashing into the vacant building and hoping to the Gods the storm wouldn't get any worse.

Saber-Five

Displaying desperation, the "blind man" felt Vels' outreached arm and took it. Getting up with help and taking his walking stick with the other, the individuals press on from the mercliess storm that besieged the ruined city from above. More thunder rang out it and the sound of a collapsed building seemed to nearly drive the vagabond into panic again, but he restrained himself from further outbursts.

When they finally came inside, the man finally let go of Vels and sat on the dirt-filled floor. Panting, he took a minute or two to collect himself.

"Thank you child."

He paused before adding.

"I am...John."

visualspice

Her heart was still racing, but seeing the man settle down, she released a sigh.

"I'm... Vels." It felt odd giving her name, but what did it matter? The man was old, blind- and she hardly felt there would be any repercussions for helping him.

"So... do you live around here?" she asked, feeling awkward as she wasn't exactly much for conversation, or even knew how to properly interact with another human being.

Saber-Five

John stayed slient for a second before answering.

"Sort of."

He asked Vels, in turn.

"What about you, the same thing?

visualspice

She paused, feeling awkward, but replied in kind.
"Yeah." She frowned, looking down at her boots before over at him. "Sort of."

Saber-Five

"Tell me about it." John replied with weariness, staying sited where he was. After a few minutes of awkward silence between them, John spoke up with a short chuckle.

"I would ask why a young girl doing out here in the rain, but that be stupid considering me being here in my condition."

He pointed at his bandage covered eyes in self mockery.

visualspice

She looked at him, to the bandages over his eyes before asking him, "So you had an injury that made you blind?"

Saber-Five

Such a question should be expected but it still appear to cause John frown, not so much at Vels but more at the question itself.

"The war is what did this to me." John repiled with a bitter-filled voice. Taking a deep breath and releasing it he explained further.

"It was some bloody fools with a cannon. Not only did it took my sight but my home too."

Thunder roared again outside, causing John to cover the top of his head with both arms and shake again in fear.

visualspice

Frowning, she moved nearer to him, but not close enough to touch.
"It's only thunder," she assured him, while a second rumble purred and gently shook the ground.

"A cannon you say?" She looked away, towards the rain. "I can relate. I lost everything to the war too." And she didn't know why she was telling him that. She supposed it didn't matter.

Saber-Five

"I am sorry to hear that Vels. Hopefully things get better with you younger folks when this d*** war is over."

Saying that, John slowly pulled out of his rags, a half bitten loaf of bread. Dividing it up, he chewed his small portion and hand out the other so Vels could take it. Of course, it wasn't pointed at the girl directly but the gesture would be enough to make her aware that she was welcome to take a bit.