Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Writer's Advice Wanted

Started by Saber-Five, January 09, 2016, 12:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saber-Five

Hey gang I'm need of some assistance that fellow writers could give. You see I am about to resume a story on Fanfiction. The problem is I'm trying to bring in a new main character, added to the other three I already have. Yet I been suffering writer's block when it comes to this new guy. I'll explain in more details if anyone is interested in helping out.

Medievarad

I'm a writer, or, I try to be. I want to get this published at one point when I do finish it. Here's a link to the prologue to show off my abilities and whether you'd want my help or not.

http://mistaahh.deviantart.com/art/Legacy-X-Prologue-489081613

Saber-Five

Just some advice from you or anyone else willing, that all.

The background for this fanfic is set in Star Wars. As for the setting its six months after the Battle of Endor. A lot of the conflict centered around the Alliance/New Republic struggling with the Imperial remnant. It's also about the chaos that grips the galaxy, such as gangsters(Hutts or otherwise) vying for control over the late Jabba's criminal kingdom. Beside them there is other groups like pirates, terrorists, and cults, like trying to cash in on the situation with the Galactic Empire's collapse.

A seemly normal college professor is one of the people caught in the middle of this chaotic crossfire. The thing is he has a mysterious past and a set of skills he has kept hidden for many years, but he going to be forced to use them again, when those he cares(his students and staff) about are threaten. I just been having a hard time figuring out what could be that threat. Any suggestions?

Medievarad

Well. Honestly? I'd say spacepirates or a couple of mandolorians.

But that really is a plot thing. You don't want anyone to decide how your plot goes for you. Sure you can ask help and advice, but it's difficult to get advice on manners of plot. Also often the modt common cause of brickwalling. But. Hoped this helpzd.

Saber-Five

Yea I figured so. Space pirates would make sense and maintaining my own plot. Thanks again Heretic.

OneofaKindd

This actually sounds good. Can I have a link?

Saber-Five

I have only three (teaser) chapters so far to be honest Oneofakind. Though I'm more than happy to share its link with you to read at your pleasure. Perhaps you can give me your honest opinion about it. Don't worry I'll take it like a man hahaha.

OneofaKindd

Alright, I posted my review on ch. 3.

Saber-Five

Tags: