Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

To Read is to Live a Thousand Lives

Started by DragonSong, January 02, 2016, 03:25:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

"Well, you've really seen most of it," Lyssa mused alloud, tapping her chin. Then her eyes lit up. "Oh, I know!" With a smile she started following the curve of the balcony to yet another door tucked into the bookshelves.

"There's a very nice spot tucked away on the roof," she explained over her shoulder. "Not a lot of people know about it, but when I have a break I like to take books up there."

Medievarad

"It does sound like a very nice spot to read." Ameterasu chuckled slowly as she followed Lyssa along, still looking around and smiling at the shelves that could remotely interest her. Casually browsing, as one might say.

DragonSong

"Well, when the weather cooperates," Lyssa said with a chuckle. She opened the door and led them up a narrow flight of stairs out onto the flattened roof of the building. It was a nice enough day, if a little breezy, and she tripped lightly over to the edge of the roof, perching on the stone parapet along the perimeter.

Medievarad

"Quite the view." Was what she said with a soft chuckle. "Want to see another trick?"

DragonSong

Lyssa turned to her eagerly and piped up, "Yes, please," almost childlike in her curiosity.

Medievarad

Ameterasu slowly nodded. The circles on her shoulders set ablaze and extended. Like wings. And with slow and resolute steps, she walked over the edge. The blazing wings slowly beating to keep her floating. With a mighty swoosh, she turned towards Lyssa again.

DragonSong

Her jaw dropped open. "Oh my gods."

Shaking her head and smiling in wonder, she stood, taking a hesitant step closer. "That's- it's beautiful," she whispered, unable to come up with anything else to say.

Medievarad

"My master was.. Or even still is. A phoenix. I merely aim to copy the wings."Ameterasu chuckled slowly. "But this is the power of magic, Lyssa. A grand and dangerous gift you have to use wisely. I am certain you can achieve similair things if you chose to persue the arcane ways."

DragonSong

Suddenly she felt very small. She shook her head, clasping her hands together. "I'm just a librarian,' she said quietly with a small smile. "I'll never- I mean, it would be amazing, but I just don't think that's me."

Medievarad

Ameterasu slowly hovered closer to the edge again. Extending her hand for Lyssa. "You have a gift. It is your choice what to do with it. I only want to make sure you won't regret your choice and offer you guidance. If you are content dithyour life as it is.. I would not dare think of taking that away from you." She gave Lyssa a warm and sincere smile.

DragonSong

Lyssa smiled at her. "Thank you for all your kindness. Truly."

Medievarad

Ameterasu shook her head slowly. "Do not thank me. It is just who I am." She stepped on the roof again, the wings slowly folding and dissappearing. "And I dislike dictating someone's life." She chuckled slowly.

DragonSong

Lyssa smiled. "Still, thank you." She looked around. "Would you like to go in? Or do you want to stay out here for a bit? I probably have a few more minutes before they need me at the front desk."

Medievarad

"I won't take up more of your time, Lyssa. I had a great time. But I also have other duties." Ameterasu chuckled slowly. "Thank you. And untill we meet again, Lyssa." She smiled softly. "Stay safe.." The last thing she said before she turned around again, hopping over the edge and safely landing with the flaming.wings once more, waving gently if the shy librarian was still present, before walking off.