Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Double Trouble [Archive]

Started by DragonSong, January 18, 2016, 04:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

"Oh, yeah, we know," Noel said with a grin, yanking Leon to his feet. His eyes wandered up and down her form, getting a good look at her. He'd been too angry with the other half-demon earlier to really appreciate the view. "But you see, my brother here just wanted to see you again-"

His breath whooshed out in an "Oof!" when Leon threw an elbow into his gut.

"Sorry," the cat shifter muttered, not quite meeting her eyes. "He dragged me in here. WE'll go now, didn't mean to bother you."

visualspice

Artemis found herself just blinking, but relieved, a little when the man from earlier agreed they'd leave. However, that didn't fully dispel the blush on her cheeks, but now was hardly the appropriate time for any sort of conversation, especially one of an apparently flirtatious nature!

"The.. the door is up front," she said, pointing in that direction and hoping the pair would leave quickly, before realizing...
"How.... how did you both get in here with the door locked?" She moved to press at her sides, realizing hte key was still there before frowning. "I'll have to unlock the door for you."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

"Can't tell you that, kitten," Noel crooned, stepping toward her. "Trade secret." He winked at her, grinning. His eyes followed the movements of her hands, completely unabashed.

For some reason, Leon found himself blushing. "Sorry about him," he muttered. With a shrug, he added, "Picked the lock. Wasn't too hard."

His brother rolled his eyes and sighed dramatically. "Leon, do you not understand the idea of how enticing a little mystery can be?"

visualspice

Artemis's eyes widened as she took a step back.
"So you're.. you're... thieves?"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

"No!" Noel said with a reassuring smile at the same time his brother answered blandly, "Sometimes."

They glared at each other for a moment.

"We wouldn't dream of stealing from you," the older brother said after a moment, turning his most charming smile on the librarian.

visualspice

She took another step back, fear keeping her tongue useless.

DragonSong

"Oh, don't be scared, sweetheart," Noel urged, taking a step toward her. "Look, we're harmless. Really."

"Leave the girl alone," Leon muttered, unconsciously moving to put his body between the girl and his brother.

Noel blinked at him surprised, and stopped in his tracks. Leon was a little shocked himself- this wasn't like him.

visualspice

Artemis looked between the pair of them before realizing her next step had the back of her boot up against the mop bucket. She froze, then released a slow exhale.

"If.. if you two would be so kind as to leave here.... I.. I'd prefer there be no trouble." She bit her lip, looking around to see if anyone was nearby, but normally, she was the only one there working after hours.

DragonSong

"We're not trying to give ya trouble," Noel protested with another charming grin, leaning around Leon.

The younger brother shook his head. "Sorry to bother you, we're leaving," he mumbled, moving to go.

"Hold on." Noel's hand flicked out and snatched the girl's book. "Whatcha got here." He saw the title and his eyes widened, then he started to laugh. "Oh boy. Leon, look at this." He held the book out, chuckling.

visualspice

Artemis gasped and promptly blushed, not believing the man was making such a big deal about the book- but even she knew such a book was a guilty pleasure.

"Please don't tear it! It's property of the library!"

DragonSong

"Aw, I'm not gonna hurt it, love," Noel assured her with a grin, waving the book in front of his brother's face.

Leon blinked, and the title suddenly registered. He couldn't help giving a quick bark of laughter, but he sobered quickly, pushing Noel's arm away. "C'mon, just give it back. What's it matter?"

"This the kind of book you like then, huh?" the other half-demon said, looking at the girl. Completely ignoring him. "Oh boy then do I have a treat for you-"

"Noel!" Leon smacked him upside the head, glaring. In a quick movement, he snatched the book from his hand and held it out to the girl with a muttered, "Sorry about him."

visualspice

Artemis had no idea how to even respond to that, but she was pretty sure her entire face was scarlet. It took her a moment to register Leon was returning the book. She took it swiftly and looked away. "Thank you." And she stood there awkwardly a moment before saying, "But you.. you two really aren't allowed to be in here..."
She knew she couldn't get them out by force, but she wasn't sure she had the nerve to call out for a city guard.

DragonSong

"We're not doing any harm, darlin'," Noel coaxed, leaning toward her a bit. "C'mon, can't y make an exception, just this once?"

Leon huffed, looking away. For some reason, this particular whim of his brother's was irritating him more than usual. "Gods, will you just leave the girl alone?"

Neol rocked back on his heels, eyeing Leon sidelong. A smirk spread across his face. "Why, baby brother, is that you staking a claim?"

Leon flushed, glowering at him. "Shut. Up."

Of course, he was ignored. Turning back to the librarian, Noel said in a loud whisper, "See, it's not like him to take such an interest. You must be something pretty special, sweetheart."

visualspice

Artemis had had enough. She felt more than a little awkward here and she tried to muster up the courage to kick them out.

"I'll ask you again," she went on, voice shaking. "Please leave the library. Visiting hours do not come again until tomorrow morning, when the sun begins to rise."

DragonSong

Leon had had enough. Grabbing Noel by the scruff of the neck, he muttered, "We're going, we're going," and began towing him toward the door.

Of course he didn't shut up the whole time.

"Oi, get off- Maybe we'll see you around sometime- ow! Damnit Leon!"

visualspice

Artemis froze stock still, and kept her gaze on the pair as they headed for the door. Thank the Gods at least one of them listened, and she felt a little shaky for the experience. She was never any good around good looking men, and those two, while good looking, also had her in a very awkward situation. Being alone, after hours, and in the dark (so late at night)... it was hardly comforting, and she had read more than once in her novels that bad things happen to the sweet girls who walk home alone late at night!

Before she hadn't thought muhc of it, but now she truly dreaded her walk home alone. Normally the streets were vacant. Maybe if she left later than planned, the pair of brothers would be long gone and out of sight.

DragonSong

The only way Leon had been able to get his brother to stop his bitching was to drag him to a tavern. Where of course they were immediately accosted by a flock of serving girls batting their eyes and to all appearances looking for trouble.

Of course, Noel was happy to oblige them. The librarian nearly forgotten, he talked and flirted and drank, paying little attention to his brother tucked away in a back corner nursing a single mug of ale.

Leon shook his head with a soft sigh, fidgeting. He hated the crowds, but if it kept Noel occupied he'd put up with it. He couldn't help looking to the door every few minutes though, ears perked and stance wary. One of them had to be on guard.

visualspice

Hours passed and finally the library was mopped. The floor positively shined, or so she hoped, and with little reluctance, she was ready to go home and discarded her mop in the back. Key in hand, she locked the door, but not before checking to ensure nothing (or no one) suspicious was nearby. As usual, the streets around here were empty. There was a tight curfew, so little got pass the guards.

That was one thing the war did bring about- safer travel within the city. She had much less fear now than she had years ago, and now with only one thought in mind, she took to the cobblestone streets, not dawdling, towards her home.

DragonSong

Noel spotted a slight figure moving down the street and a broad grin stretched across his face. "Oi. Leon." He rapped his knuckles on the top of his brother's head. "Look."

Leon glared, shifting so Noel's arm was more securely across his shoulders. Being half-demons, it took copious amounts of alcohol to get them drunk. That never seemed to stop his brother though, so here he was hauling his ass back to the inn they were staying at. "I hate you," he mumbled.

"No really, look. You won't believe who it is."

With a sigh, the shifter glanced up. And groaned. "No. No. Gods above, the poor girl's had a bad enough day as it is. Just leave her be."

Noel pouted at him. "Aw, come on, it's not like we hurt her or anything. And look at her, all defenseless and alone. If she'd not careful someone with less noble intentions than the two of us might stumble across her." That seemed like a perfectly valid argument to him, but Leon just shook his head and started dragging him in the other direction, muttering insults under his breath.

visualspice

Artemis was none the wiser the two men were nearby. She had one thought and one thought only, to get home! And when her mind was focused on something, it was almost as if she had blinders on. But even she could only stay on the cobblestone for so long. It was quicker to walk through the park towards the lower end of town. Though it had rained some and the ground was squishy, she paid little attention to it and continued on her way across the grasses.

Tags: