Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Bonds of Magic [M] [Archive]

Started by DragonSong, January 20, 2016, 10:44:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

"Stop that wriggling, you're only making this harder on yourself."

Hanako snarled into her gag, twisting back and forth in the bottom of the rowboat as she tried to tear through the bindings on her wrists and ankles. She glowered up at her captor, a squirelly sort of man with shifting, beady eyes. What she wouldn't give to be able to use her fire!

The leather collar clamped around her neck- unobtrusive enough in appearance- seemed to be blocking her abilities. She couldn't even change forms, which was usually as simple to her as breathing.

It had been three hours of this, since the warlock had slipped something into her drink and she'd woken up collared and bound. She thrashed again, knocking into the side of the small boat.

"I said stop that!" A foot lashed out and caught her in the ribs. Her sharp cry of pain was muffled into the gag and she glared daggers up at the man, how seemed to be having a good deal of trouble actually getting the boat into the gentle surf. She's only caught a glimpse of the ship anchored off shore before he tossed her in the bottom of the boat like so much cargo, but with the way this was going it would take him all night to actually get her there.

She wriggled again, rocking the rowboat against his shins. He cursed and reached down to slap her, sending her head slamming against the wood. She saw stars.

Medievarad

Slavers. Slowly, Ronin wrapped the bandages around his wrist. The katana leaning against his shoulder. Slavers a contract ordered dead. To be ridded of the world. Slowly, the blind warrior tightened the bandages around his wrists, the boat gently swaying with the sea. With a sigh, he finally finished wrapping it around his fists, slowly standing up, padding off his coat.

He had snuck aboard the ship and was going to eliminate any slaver in the vicinity. Free their prisoners and return to the contracter. Slowly, he felt the anchor being pulled up and the sails set. The ship slowly in movement as the last slaver, a magician, with a Kitsune boarded.

With a slow sigh, Ronin stood up, the unsheathed katana resting on his shoulder, with slow treads, he walked up the stairs and stepped onto the deck. Lowering the tip of the blade against the floor, before holding it up. A silent threat.

DragonSong

Hanako's captor dropped her to the deck and she gave a grunt as her bruises protested. "What the hell-?!"

Twisting, she managed to get a glimpse of what had so shocked him. Her eyes widened. A warrior, she could see that easily, but a strange one. How could he see through that blindfold? Was he with the slavers?

Judging by the spell the warlock began muttering, she doubted it. Not a slaver then. Did that mean she was saved?

The hope was shaky and weak, withering in her chest when her captor shot a jolt of arcane power in the stranger's direction. She shouted against her gag, writhing in yet another desperate effort to free herself.

Medievarad

The blind half-orc tilted his head as the bolt flew past. He raised his blade and with a swift step, slashed it down with both hands at Hanako's captor. Hitting him in and through the shoulder. Just like that. As the arcanist collapsed to the ground, bleeding from a mortal cut, he stood into pose again. Facing the sea. Blind as a bat.

Yet. A band of slavers surfaced at the commotion. Ronin immediately turned around to the group of five's footsteps. Sword raised. The five charged at him with a loud cry, going for relentless attacks against their blind foe.

And Ronin made short work of them. Not even making an effort as to save their lives. Immediatly going for the kill with tremendous force. Awaiting the next foes.

DragonSong

Hanako couldn't do much more than watch, wide-eyed, as he defeated foe after foe. Strange warrior maybe, but a more than capable one.

She rolled away from her fallen captor, trying to get out of the way of most of the fighting while simultaneously looking for something sharp she could use to cut her bindings. If she could get out of here while everyone was distracted...

Medievarad

No more footsteps? Wait. No. Three pair more. A group of three slavers charged at him, armed with maces. Again. These were no match for the half-orc's superior swordsmanship.

As Hanako rolled to the side, the green giant turned to her, swacking the blood off of the blade and sheathing it at his hip once more. He ducked infront of the magical fox. "Are you alright?" Was what he inquired. Unable  to see her physical state.

DragonSong

Breathing heavily, she looked up at him. She'd figured out by now that he was blind, or at least nearly. Struggling against her bonds, she muttered "Mmph mm nnhph!" which was about all she could get out through the gag.

Medievarad

"Let me help you.." Was what he muttered slowly, putting his hands on her head and softly tracing down her facial features, findly finding the gag. He pushed forward his sheathet blade and clicked it out slightly, cutting through the gag and pulling it out of her mouth. "Better?"

DragonSong

Hanako flinched at the touch, used to being hit by now, then drew in a sharp gasp when the gag fell away. "Thank...thank you," she panted out. "My wrists and ankles...I'm tied up, I can't-"

She wriggled a bit and gave a pathetic whine, twisting in an effort to bring his hands in contact with the ropes on her wrists, silently pleading to be let go.

Medievarad

Ronin nodded slowly. "I apologise for any innapproperiate touches I might make. I cannot see." He said with a bitter chuckle, putting his hands on her shoulders and slowly tracing down to her wrists, once more inching the blade out slowly and cutting the restraints. He held out a knife to her. "I am certain you know how to cut he ropes on your ankles." As soon as the knife was taken from him, he stood up. "Where are the other slaves?"

DragonSong

She cut the ropes around her ankles easily, standing with a few winces and rubbing her wrists. "I'm not sure," she replied quietly, eyes scanning the carnage on the deck. "I was just brought here. Maybe they're kept below?"

She looked at him sidelong, calculating. "What are you doing here anyway? How'd you get here, if you're not a slaver?"

Medievarad

"I see. Can you lead me to the nearest door?" He inquired, looking in the general direction of the kitsune, hand resting on the hilt of his katana.

"I snuck aboard at night. Someone paid to see these slavers out of commision. I was told to free a small girl at the same time. Her name is Cassandra." He said as he still waited for Naovi's guidance.

DragonSong

Hanako nodded slowly. She couldn't see any reason why he'd be lying- if he wanted to do her harm, he could have just left her to the slavers.

"Here." She took his hand gently, pulling him toward the first door she saw that looked like it may lead below decks. She sniffed the air cautiously as she moved, then growled in frustration. The collar still seemed to be dulling her senses.

But she supposed she could deal with that when the slaves were free.

Medievarad

"Locked." Was what he said as his hand was pressed gainst the door. He stepped back. With a spinning kick, he rammed the door from it's hinges, hand still resting on the hilt. They were met by soft and surprised gasps.

Ronin slowly descended the stairs. His eyes perked.

DragonSong

She blinked at his destruction of the door, rather impressed, then followed him down. A row of tied prisoners was the first thing she saw and her lips curled back in an instinctive snarl.

"Yeah, we're in the right place," she muttered. Even with her dulled senses, the stink of fear and misery washed over her. Her hackles raised and she shuddered.

Medievarad

"Help me free them." He stated, clicking the blade from it's sheath and pulling it out, slowly walking over towards the nearest prisoner, feeling around for his binds and slicing the ropes, breaking the wooden casks around their feet with his bare hands. "Free the others." Was what he said to the young man, who nodded frantically and went to work.

DragonSong

Hanako nodded- then remembered he couldn't see her and said, "Yessir"-  and leaped to work. It would have been easier if she could have brought her claws out, but she made do with untying the bonds rather than slashing through them.

There were just over two dozen would-be slaves, all told, and she worked as fast as she could. "Cassandra?" she asked as she worked, remembering what her strange savior had said. "Does anyone know if a little girl is here?"

Medievarad

And old man, his hands shaking as Ronin freed him, grabbed his face. "M-many thanks, kind ser!" Overjoyed at his freedom. The blind warrior gave a small smile in return and pulled the man up, the rest of the more fit slaves freeing the others.

"My.. Little Cassandra.." Was what the man muttered at the mention of her name. And little girl. Ronin looked in direction of the old man, still supporting him and walking with him up the stairs. "She's been.. Taken to the captain's quarters.."

Ronin slowly nodded. And as they surfaced from the stairs, the group of freed slaves, Hanako and Ronin were surrounded by a band of slavers. And their captain, in the middle of the group.

His voice was harsh and bitter. A thick accent as a dog of the sea. But, it was understandable. The man had challenged Ronin to a duel.

"Woman," a lack of a name made this the first term he went to to get Hanako's attention. "Hold the  old man." He said as he released his grip on the elder, before stepping forward into the group.

DragonSong

She caught the man on reflex, looping his arm around her shoulders. "All of you, get behind me," she barked to the freed slaves, trying to maneuver herself in front of them protectively. She passed the elder off to a young woman who seemed reasonably steady and sank into a fighting crouch, snarling at the slavers.

"Four with bows," she hissed, hoping the blind warrior could hear her and would take the warning. Gods, what she wouldn't give for her fire right now!

Medievarad

Ronin held a hand out to Nahako. Stopping her in her tracks. "The challenge was posed to me. Not to you." Ronin took a deep breath. "Remember what I said? All of them." At that, he charged forward, blade still sheathed. His hand on the base of the sheath, other hand clenched around the hilt. Deflecting the first blow by drawing the sword when the captain answered his charge with an overhead strike.

Immediatly following up after the parry, Ronin ducked and slid around the captain, before slamming the hilt of his nlade against his foe's tailbone, arm going upwards and fingers closing around his throat from behind. He pulled the man's neck down, arching his back, immediatly stabbing the katana through his back and letting him drop on it.

Tags: