Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Bonds of Magic [M] [Archive]

Started by DragonSong, January 20, 2016, 10:44:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

Carefully, Hana guided him over the side of the ship and into the last lifeboat being lowered into the water. Then she jumped into one herself, landing lightly enough that she barely set the thing rocking.

Giving the people still on deck a reassuring wave, she nodded to those in the boats. It was dark, just barely enough light to make out the other shadows in the water, but it was enough. "Let's get you people home," she murmured, taking an oar and setting to work.

Medievarad

Ronin did the same, sitting down with the guidance of some slave and taking an oar, seemingly effortless rowing in rythm with the others. Loads of training and an orcish heritage made him possess great strength.

Soon, the lifeboats entered the coast, with the slow grinding of sand. Immediatly, Ronin jumped out and landed on the beach, katana brandished. Ready for any opposition to show itself.

DragonSong

Hana climbed out of her own boat and helped people disembark, counting as she did. "There are ten people left on the ship," she said softly, urging the ex-slaves to stick close to one another. "We'll only need to take two of these back."

Medievarad

"Alright. Can you handle those two while I guard the beach?" The half orc inquired, looking over his shoulder, in direction to Hanako's voice.

DragonSong

She nodded. "Got it." Waving one of the humans over, she nodded for him to take one of the lifeboats while she took the other. "Be right back," she said cheerfully, pushing into the surf.

She was getting used to this rowing thing, and they reached the ship fairly quickly. She let the ex-slave fill his boat first before gesturing for the remaining people to jump into hers and begin heading back to shore. She ended up with Cassandra in her boat, assuring her that Ronin was waiting for them back on the beach when she was asked. She cast a glance back at the hull of the ship as they rowed away, glaring.

What she wouldn't give for one good fireball.

Medievarad

Ronin stood frozen in place. They seemed to be alone for now. No reinforcements on the coast. It didn't surprise him. Yet, his training had him belief the worst possible outcome. And that was a lot of reinforcements.

So, there were none. Nothing. And the half orc stood there, as a blind sentinel. Waiting for Hanako's return to shore.

DragonSong

Coming ashore the second time, Hanako practically bounced out of her boat, Cassandra balanced on her hip. Her rather carefree nature was beginning to shine through now that it seemed the danger was behind them.

She slipped up beside Ronin, announcing he presence with a quiet, "Just me," before she tapped his shoulder. "See, sweetheart, told you it'd be fine," she said to Cassandra, ruffling her hair and smiling.

Medievarad

"That ended better than anticipated." Ronin said as he slowly sheathed the sword again. "These freed slaves will find their way again. I'm going to bring Cassie back." He said with a soft smile down at the girl, who was giggling at the roughling. "Do you wish to accompany me?"

DragonSong

Hana smiled at the little girl. "Yeah, I think I do, if you don't mind," she said. The little human pup was pretty sweet, she'd like to see her home if she could.

Hefting the child higher on her hip, she frowned a bit and reached up to scratch under the collar still around her neck. "Lead the way, then," she muttered to Ronin, tugging experimentally and growling a bit when the leather refused to come loose.

Medievarad

Ronin chuckled slowly. "Lead the way? You'll have to ask Cassie that." He grinned, the small child giggling once more. "There!" She blurted out, pointing her finger to the west, a small path visible.

DragonSong

"Right then." Hana nodded and set off, letting the child down to walk when she started wriggling. she knew she should be on guard, but she was distracted by the damned collar, working her fingers over, around, and under it in a futile attempt to find any weakness.

Nothing. She gave another soft growl. Of course this just had to be one of those spells that didn't die with the caster.

Medievarad

Ronin followed Cassandra's footsteps closely. Using them as a guidepost. He arched an eyebrow as he heard the soft growl. "Something bothering you?"

DragonSong

"That bastard collared me," Hana replied in a low grumble, not wanting the child to overhear. "I can't...seem to get...the damn thing...off." Each phrase was punctuated by a sharp tug.

Medievarad

"Cassie, wait up a second," Ronin said as he turned to Hanako. "Here, allow me." He said as he formed an odd sigh with his hands, before pressing his hand against her throat.

Yet, the seal was far more powerful than Ronin had imagined. A blue force sucked his hand against the collar, the veins in his arms turning blue and radiating in a pulsing light. The half orc tried to pull back with all his might and eventually succeeded, ripping the collar of with a pained cry. Smoke raising from his arm.

DragonSong

"What the-?!" Hanako gave a cry of surprise and pain, clutching at her throat as she staggered back, panting.

"What- what was that?!" she demanded, wincing and staring at him with wide eyes. The collar was gone- she could see it in his hand- but for some reason she still felt it's weight around her neck.

Then she smoke and the light fully registered and she sort of lurched toward him. "A-are you hurt?" she asked, still rubbing absently at her throat, reaching out to touch his arm cautiously.

Medievarad

Ronin gripped the arm with a pained his. "I'm fine.. I'm surprised that.. Necklace didn't kill you.. The amount of power.."  He panted breathlessly, his arm feeling like it was on fire. Pretty accurate, his blood was boiling due to the arcane influence.

DragonSong

Worried, Hanako wrapped her fingers around his wrist, trying to examine his arm.

And drew back with a sharp hiss, eyes going wide. A much smaller jolt of that same feeling at run through her at the contact. "What...?"

She looked at her hand, then at his arm. Shaking it off, she tilted her head and said, "You're too warm. Should we...fix that?" Not that she really knew how, but...

Medievarad

"Just have to work it down.. It's comparable to poison.." Ronin said with irregular gasps. This really hurt like hell. But. At least whatever Hanako was, she was now truly free. Or so he thought. Little did he know he now acted as the collar around her neck.

DragonSong

Brow furrowed worriedly, she nodded slowly. "If you're sure," she muttered, wishing she could do something to help. A small smile crept across her face after a moment and she added a heartfelt "Thank you," relieved to be free of the collar.

Cassandra had stopped up ahead and was coming back to them, obviously anxious to be home. Hanako reached up to touch his shoulder- once again there was that little jolt, but even less powerful than the last time now. "Think you can keep walking?"

Medievarad

"Even when both my legs are broken." Ronin said with a morbid grin, scooping up Cassandra and placing her on his shoulder. "Where do I go, Cassie?" Ronin asked, the child giggling. "Fowward!"

Tags: