Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Bonds of Magic [M] [Archive]

Started by DragonSong, January 20, 2016, 10:44:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

Her eyes went very round. "Um, no need to go that far," she told him hurriedly, her own problems forgotten for a moment. Gods, he was a serious one wasn't he?

She knocked on the door to the inn, adding brightly, "Look, I'm sure there's a solution, right? No spell is unbreakable." She hoped.

Medievarad

Ronin chuckled. "It's my way. If I damaged someone innocent. So be it. I will pay for it." And he spun it off like it was normal. "There most likely is. Don't fret."

DragonSong

Before Hanako could protest some more, the inn door swung open. "Oh, hello," she said brightly to the rather haggard but pleasant looking woman in the doorway. "We seem to have found something that claims it belongs here." She nodded to the girl seated on Ronin's shoulders with a smile.

Medievarad

The woman's eye grew bigger. It was clear that she had been crying a lot. "My little Cassie!" She said as she teared up again, met by a squeel from the small girl. "Mommy!" And she practically jumped into her mother's arms. "R-Roland! They got our Cassie back!" The woman shouted inside, sobbing heavily.

Ronin smiled slowly, putting a hand on Hanako's shoulder. "Let's give them time for now. We'll check back in half an hour to get a room and try to get this spell undone."

DragonSong

Hana nodded, smiling at the reunion. Feeling much lighter, she spun and practically skipped down off the stoop. "Where to then?" she asked Ronin, bouncing on the balls of her feet and reaching op to brush her fingers against his arm so he knew where she was.

Medievarad

"Nearest general store where they have ink, paper or papyrus and a quill." He answered in response, following the gentle brushing on his arm with a soft nod and a gentle smile.

DragonSong

"Mm..." She bit her lip, looking around. "Oh, this looks promising." Not wanting to overstep her bounds but thinking she should give him some direction, she let her fingers brush against he back of his hand as she set off, so soft it could have been an accidental touch.

Medievarad

He felt the touch. Didn't mind it. Though, he didn't really follow the touch of direction. It said nothing. But rather listened to her footsteps and followed them. If she'd keep talking, it would be way easier. But, he wasn't going to annoy her with that.

DragonSong

Hanako was not quiet person by nature. "What do you need a quill and ink and stuff for?" she asked, unable to keep silent, looking at Ronin as they approached the small building that appeared to her to be some sort of store.

Normally she would have assumed such things were for writing a letter or something, but...well, he was blind.

Medievarad

"To create wards. Charms and seals and such." He said with a chuckle. "You don't know an awful lot about warding techniques, do you?"

DragonSong

She shrugged, frowning slightly. "I've never needed to," she responded primly, stopping in front of the door and raising her hand to push it open. Glancing at Ronin, she muttered, "Oh, here- um, I'm gonna touch you, just a warning."

She reached out and took his arm, guiding him a bit was he was standing directly in front of the door and wouldn't whack into the door frame or something when he tried to go in. Maybe it was unnecessary, but better safe than sorry, she figured.

Medievarad

"Fair enough." The half orc said, before nodding slowly at Hanako. "Thank you." He walked in with her guidance, met by a verbal greeting of the shopkeeper. Ronin stepped towards the counter, placing his hands ontop of it, starting to order the products he mentioned.

DragonSong

The shopkeeper bustled off to collect Ronin's order and Hanako looked around the place. It was cozy, she supposed, a small town shop with just the tings a small town would need.

"It's nice here," she said to the warrior without thinking. "There's a big window, and some little shelves tucked into a back corner with some toys and games and things- maybe Cassie would like something? And-"

She stopped, flushing. Would he think she was patronizing him? "Oh, um...sorry, I'm chattering. I just thought..." She wasn't sure what she'd thought, actually. Her blush deepened and she cleared her throat.

Medievarad

Ronin nodded slowly. "Mayhaps. But that doesn't concern us now." He said with a slow chuckle. "Let's focus on getting this seal off first."

DragonSong

Relieved he wasn't offended, Hanao nodded determinedly. "Yes. Right." She glanced around the small shop. "Should we, um...get some space?" If that reaction from earlier was any indication, it seemed like a good idea for them to not be around people when they tried this again.

Medievarad

"We'll return from the inn and ask a chamber there. Or at least tell them where we're headed for this. Then if something goes wrong, help will arrive sooner." He nodded at the shopkeep as he placed a leather purse on the counter. "That qhould suffice." He said, before gathering the things and walking out.

DragonSong

"Alright." She said, shrugging. Seemed like a solid enough plan to her. With a quick smile for the shopkeeper, she followed after him, letting her shoulder bump him lightly to nudge him in the right direction when he drifted slightly.

"I'm glad we could get her home," she noted casually, smiling as she thought of Cassie. With a slightly bitter laugh, she added, "Even if I did end up with a human collar."

Medievarad

"Half orc." Ronin corrected her with a short snicker. "And. I am truly sorry for the collar. I will set this straight."

DragonSong

Hana patted his arm reassuringly. "Wasn't your fault, you were just trying to help." She tilted her head a bit. "Half orc? I guess that explains the whole green thing..."

Realizing that probably wasn't polite, she blushed and cleared her throat, picking up her pace a bit as they neared the inn.

Medievarad

"And yet I only made it worse." Was what the half org said. "None but I am to blame."

Ronin only huffed dryly in response. He was used to that answer.