Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Sacrificial Art [Goblin]

Started by Juno, March 01, 2016, 09:12:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juno

"They're special paints!" Sulak insisted excitedly, "They just go over your skin and wash off later." He'd watched his mentor paint many Maoin and festival-goers for special events when colorful art was desired on a more temporary basis.

"Don't worry about cost. It's on me. Really, you're doing me a favor if you let me practice on you," he explained shyly, hoping he wouldn't be viewed as incompetent just because he was young and still apprenticing. Of course he hadn't gotten prior approval from Tarj for it, but he was certain his mentor wouldn't mind.

GoblinFae

Sor frowned, worrying his lip tensely. "Are you sure Sulak? It sounds like something that would be rather expensive. I don't mind being your practice body but I don't want you to get into trouble. Maybe you should ask Master Tarj first?" His knee bounced in agitation as he continued to dart glances from the boy to the men and back again. "It's alright if he says no. I won't be upset, I promise," he tried to assure the other boy, already absolutely certain that it would not be allowed.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

Sulak hung his head, feeling rather guilty since Sor had reservations about his proposal. The boy nodded wordlessly, standing up slowly to not jostle his braids. "I'll go ask," he told him, walking over to his mentor even though he was in the middle of working.

"Tarj?" he spoke softly, desperately not wanting to startle him into making a mistake. The older man paused in his work, slowly raising his head with a questioning smile. "Can I paint Sor? For practice... For free?"

The artist raised a brow playfully, barely hiding his grin to know that the boys were still having their fun. "I suppose we've become a house of cheap work, haven't we Siris?" he teased, chuckling and twisting to pull the basket he knew the boy would want away from the rest and handing it over. "Go ahead, have fun. It's no trouble."

Sulak took the basket with a small bow of thanks, hurrying back over to join his new friend and place the basket triumphantly between them. "He said we can!"

GoblinFae

Siris chuckled softly and nodded as Sulak took off with the paints. "I'll buy you some replacements the next time I come," he promised in a whisper soft enough that the boys would not hear it. While Tarj was willing to let them have their fun, Siris understood that it was likely something that Sulak and Sor would like to do more and more often. Purchasing the paints so that Sulak could practice more was a very small price to pay for the group's happiness.

"Alright," Sor replied, his bottom lip popping out from between his teeth as he spoke. "Um, is there anything you need me to do? Do I need to take my shirt or pants off?" He blushed faintly at the idea of taking his clothes off but did his best to seem as confident as his mentor always appeared to be.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

Tarj frowned at his offer, shaking his head wordlessly before resuming his work in silence. After a few moments to think on it he offered the counter-argument, "It would be hard to keep them separate from the others. I already have enough that they can use, I'll just get more when I need it next for work. I don't want you to trouble yourself with something you'll never use."

Sulak laughed nervously, looking Sor up and down for a moment before shrugging helplessly. "Yeah, either or both, but I could just do your face and hands if you don't want to," he offered, hoping he wasn't going to scare the shy Maoin off.

GoblinFae

"When you need more, you tell me and I will get it. Sulak needs to learn and it's in Sor's best interest to have something to do when he's waiting for me. Just allow me to pay for the inconvenience. You can consider it me being Sulak's benefactor and aiding in his education under your wise tutelage."

The Maoin just was not going to take no for an answer. If Sor had known what the adults were talking about though, he would have been mortified. He already felt like a burden and knowing that even in a joke someone would suggest that would have broken his little heart.

Instead however, he was focused on Sulak and the young boy's enthusiasm. "Well I suppose wherever you need to learn painting on the most would be best. You can paint anywhere you want Sulak. I trust you."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Tarj frowned but gave it some real thought before arguing it. If Siris truly wanted to give them the tools to practice with it wasn't really his place to deny him that. "You're very kind, friend," the artist finally sighed his acceptance and gave a lopsided smile. "I'm sure they'll appreciate that."

Sulak could barely contain his excitement, eyes wide in awe that Sor actually trusted him to use him for practice, and anywhere at that. "Well... Maybe just your shirt, then. There's a lot I can do with your torso," he offered, picking through its contents to pick out a few different brushes and find jars of paint in the colors he wanted: white, blue, and green.

GoblinFae

"Alright," Sor replied nervously. "I'll just...get to it then." He moved to his knees and then began to tug the shirt up over his body, revealing the developing lines of his torso and shoulders. When the article of clothing was at last off, he meticulously went about folding it just so before placing it on a pillow to the side. "Did you want to work on the front? The back? The side? What's best for you? Should I be sitting or standing?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Sulak studied him clinically, mapping out the older boy's body as he set the things he wouldn't need aside. "You can sit up straight or stand, whichever is more comfortable for you," he offered with a warm smile, noticing Sor's nervousness but uncertain what it was for exactly and hoping to put him at ease by not making demands of him. "I'll start with your front if that's alright. Is there anything special you want in it?"

GoblinFae

"I'll sit then I suppose," Sor stated, adjusted his position to sit cross-legged and ramrod straight. "Is this alright? Should I lean back more?" Sor pushed his shoulders back, thrusting his chest out more for easier access to Sulak. "Whatever you feel like doing is fine. I'm not picky and I'm interested to see what you think is best."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Sulak couldn't help but giggle for the way Sor sat so stiffly. "Just relax," he laughed, reaching out to try to guide him to release the tension in his shoulders. "I want to try water. Um, waves."

He studied him for a few moments more before dipping one of his brushes in a light blue paint, keeping a hand out to steady Sor by his shoulder as he began painting the outline to snake from his hip and curl up to his chest. He hadn't even thought about how the hair of the brush and cool paint might feel along his skin.

GoblinFae

Sor gasped softly at the cold paint touching his skin suddenly. He did is very best to remain still yet squirming was inevitable. The brush just tickled too much. As Sulak finished a line and lifted his brush to start a new one, the older boy had to reach out to grasp his rest. "Maybe try with a bit more force? It's hard to stay still if you're so light-handed," he suggested tensely, hoping that his new friend would not consider it an insult but also understand that he was tickling him.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Sulak lifted his head, hearing out Sor but not quite understanding why he was being asked such a thing. He was eager to accommodate him, though. "Yeah, like this?" He drew his next line with a bit more pressure, frowning slightly at the way the brush fanned and smudged the paint a bit.

"Oh... It looks kind of weird like that, it's not even," he observed, frowning in thoughtful concentration as he attempted to correct it with the same amount of pressure and figure out the angle he needed to hold the brush at to achieve the same effect as before.

Once he finally fixed it his features relaxed to happy distractedness as he continued to outline the rest of it before beginning to add more detail with darker blues, greens, and white. "Any better?"

GoblinFae

The older boy breathed a sigh of relief. "Much better. It tickled before," he admitted, clearing his throat and trying to remain completely still for Sulak. Each stroke of the brush was still as light as a feather and he could feel the paint sticking to him like clay. He did not dare lower his head to see what Sulak was doing as he feared ruining the artwork and making his friend mad at him in the process. "How long have you been learning to paint, Sulak?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Sulak's cheeks flushed a bit at Sor's question, a nervous chuckle escaping him. The boy fussed his lower lip a bit and continued painting in silence for a moment before his nerves were calm enough to offer a reply.

"I don't want you to be mad, but- It's not something Master Tarj is teaching me yet. He wants me to focus on the main stuff. Piercing and tattoos. This is just extra. For me. He does it, too, but not very often," he explained, offering the older boy a nervous but hopeful smile. "I mostly paint myself. Sometimes him, too... For the last two years, I think. Is that a problem? Should I stop?"

GoblinFae

"Oh! I'm not mad," Sor was quick to assure, allowing himself to turn his head to look at Sulak earnestly. "At least now you have a proper pallet to work off of. Or well," the boy blushed and shook his head lightly, "that is once you train me properly I can be a good canvas hopefully. There's no need to stop though. You can continue. You're not hurting me and it's nothing that can't be washed off if you need to start again, right?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Sulak relaxed and beamed, relieved that Sor wasn't offended by his inexperience. "Yeah, it washes off pretty easy," he assured him, resuming his work in earnest but also eager to continue the conversation.

"You're doing really great and not smudging it. Tarj laughs sometimes and then it looks weird," he observed with a small scrunch of his nose in displeasure. But only a moment later he was cheerful again and nodding eagerly.

"Your skin is so pretty," he noted aloud, giggling quietly to himself as he gradually worked the brush up along Sor's throat to curl a tendril of paint along his cheek. "If you like it when it's done...will you perform with it maybe? Could I come watch you?"

GoblinFae

Sor flinched as the brush came up along his neck and onto his face. He hurried to apologize though and move back into his original position. "I didn't mess it up too much did I?" His features twisted into a deep, nervous frown at the idea that he may have ruined Sulak's hard work. "Does my skin make it easier to work with then, because you said it's prettier?"

The boy shifted his eyes to try and state at Sulak from the corner of his vision without moving his head. It was a bit painful and required a great deal of concentration but it was enough to distract him from the twinging he was starting to feel in his back and shoulders from sitting so still and tense. "Do you really wish to see me perform? I'm not all that special or any good."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

He was a little puzzled as to why he was asking that. He wouldn't have said it if he hadn't meant it, so why would anyone else? Did others make him feel like he wasn't special or good? Sulak didn't know enough to judge without seeing, but with all the praises his own mentor had spoken about Siris he was certain it was impossible for the man's own apprentice to be "bad" at their craft.

Sulak paused in his painting, lifting the brush away from Sor's skin and holding the handle between his teeth for a moment as he gently manipulated the older boy's shoulders around some. He adjusted his own positioning, sitting directly before him so they could talk better.

"You didn't mess anything up. Relax, please, it's better to paint on if you aren't so tense, and- Pretty skin doesn't change anything. I just like it, I think you look nice," the boy admitted with a blush, averting his eyes to study his painting work thus far.

He blinked slowly, tilting his head one way then the other before taking the brush from his teeth to resume his work. "I've never seen you perform...so I'd like to if that's okay with you. I think it's easy to tell yourself you aren't special. Tarj always tells me I'm my own harshest critic, but- If you don't mind, I'm really curious," the boy admitted with a small smile of encouragement.

He continued his work, trying to be mindful of how ticklish the brush hairs could be as he placed careful dots and lines upon the Maoin's jaw line and further up to frame his eyes.

GoblinFae

The older boy did his best to relax. First, he breathed in deeply and then with an exhale allowed his shoulders to sink ever so lightly and his posture to slacken. Sulak's manipulations helped in relaxing him more and Sor accepted the changes easily.

"You really want to see me dance that much?" His brow crinkled at the thought but after a slight pursing of his lips, Sor nodded his head slightly between brushstrokes. "If that's the payment you want for the painting then I suppose I have no choice after all." He smiled briefly, hoping that Sulak would recognize it as a joke even if he was feeling incredibly nervous inside about the whole thing. "When you're done if Master Siris is alright with it then maybe I can dance for you with him."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Tags: