Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Seething darkness [M]

Started by Medievarad, March 03, 2016, 01:49:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medievarad

"This blighted world will be purged and destroyed," he answered. "Only those that served her in life, stand by her side in death. The rest will be enslaved."

Arocraes

Arocraes closed his eyes and chuckled softly. Just another day at the market he thought to himself. "Then I will live to obey" Arocraes said, believing every word Limadan has said after he he handedly defeated him.

Medievarad

Limadan arched an eyebrow. "You wish to serve the lady of grey?"

Arocraes

Arocraes hesitated for a second before closing his eyes again and grinning. "I do" he replied.

Medievarad

"Good," Limadan answered. "You have the mettle. But I wonder if you have the stomach." A soft grin formed underneath the mask. "I will conduct your joining soon." He said as he started to walk back out ofbthe cave, notioning Arocraes to follow him.

Arocraes

Arocraes obeyed, sheathing his sword and adjusting his armor as he followed Limadan. He wondered if he would speak to his family ever again, and if he'd speak to his mentor. "Where are we going?" he asked.

Medievarad

"My home. Our village. Where the other that follow the ways of Harmaa are," he answered. Before they entered the now desolated bar.

Arocraes

"I see" Arocraes said as he began to regain his energy more and more. He thought about asking Limadan if he could make a quick stop to say goodbye to his family, but decided it was best that he didn't. He didn't understand much of the situation, but he could tell that the only family he has now belongs to the lady of grey.

Medievarad

"Good," Limadan glanced at the door. "Let's see how well your hand is against twenty others." Limadan answered with a low snarl. "They want me. They will probably let you go. Men and women only following their orders." He smirked underneath his mask. "Cut their last breath from them."

Arocraes

Arocraes nodded as he drew his katana with a smile. Twenty soldiers came barging in, not seemingly Thanati. He dashed forward, dodging multiple strikes easily and blocking ones fortunate enough to go through with his armored arm. As weaved in between each soldier, he aimed for small vulnerable openings near the neck with a single swift swing of his blade. This way slitting their throats would kill them quickly, which was what Arocraes wanted since he was already tired from earlier. One by one, he killed each soldier in cold blood before sheathing is katana and facing Limadan once more. "Done" he said to him.

Medievarad

"You're not," Limadan retorted. "You have to dictate this killing to the lady of grey."

Arocraes

Arocraes sighed as he walked next to Limadan. "And how do I do that?"

Medievarad

"Pray for her, any way you wish," Limadan said as he pulled out his greatsword, pushing it in the floor and kneeling down infront of the massacre.

Arocraes

Arocraes was unsure of what to do. "Oh uh great one lady of grey here is my uh offering for you" Arocraes said as he watched Limadan from the corner of his eye. "I am your uh blade and loyal servant."

Medievarad

Limadan snickered slowly, raising his hand. "Dark mistress. Hear the cries of agony of these fallen foes. Accept this offering from your newest subject." He said, before he stood up, dark green and black souls raising from the corpses, wrapped in similair colored chains. Writhing in pain and agony.

Arocraes

Arocraes' eyes widened. He didn't understand if the souls were being raised by the lady or by Limadan, but could feel the power of the force regardless. "Where is she?" Arocraes asked, referring to the lady of grey.

Medievarad

"The void," Limadan answered. "I am merely taking these souls for my spectral army," he said as the chains pulled back towards his arm, the souls forced into the palm of his hand as they rapidly shrinked.

Arocraes

"You have an...army?" Arocraes was not really surprised that Limadan possessed one, but was curious. "Just what is your title? What do I call you?"

Medievarad

"I have.. Two armies," he answered. "I am the Vanguard."

Arocraes

"Vanguard" Arocraes repeated while grinning. "Do I get a fancy title too?" Arocraes teased as he headed for the door, peaking through to see if more troops would come in. "Perhaps we should head for that village...Harmaa was it?" there was still much that Arocraes did not understand, but he expected to catch up quickly soon.

Tags: