Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Assassin's bane [M]

Started by Medievarad, March 06, 2016, 02:42:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medievarad

The heart.

She was still a trained assassin. He only tried to deflect the stab at his heart.

She grit her teeth, smirking slowly. So he was not truly immortal. If only she had made this discovery sooner. She was too weak, could barely walk, she grew dizzy. A raze of fire surged towards her and she grit her teeth.

Just another shadowwalk. Just one more.

She dissappeared before the blazing inferno, landing next to it, her sleeve catching fire and slowly scorching her left arm. She cried out in pain and hurried to extinguish it, dropping against a tree once more and eyeing Smed weakly, panting softly.

This was it, wasn't it?

DaGlobster

Smed took advantage of Usagi's momentary weakness to pull the daggers out of his liver and neck, falling to one knee as blood spurted from the wounds, and the blood loss nearly killed him again before those wounds sealed back up.

He stood back up, eyeing Usagi as he got his bearings again. Even though he couldn't feel pain, blood loss still made him woozy.

He stood there, watching her, and waited.

Waited for her to lose consciousness.

Medievarad

He didn't attack. He just watched her. Gritting her teeth, Usagi pressed her hand on her soaked shoulder, fingers immediatly drenched in blood. She started to slowly scribe runes on the floor with the blood, more shadows manifesting around her.

This was her chance on escape. A shadowwalk as far as she could. She just had to fight the bloodloss. Her eyes felt si heavy. Her vision blurred but she had ti finish this. She knew she couldbdo it. Just one more sigil.

Just.. One more..

Her hand slumped down against the floor weakly. Her head also slumped down as she lost conciousness.

DaGlobster

Smed watched with growing anticipation as Usagi got slower and slower. His nose sang at the sweet smell of her blood, and he could still taste her delicious blood in his mouth as she edge closer and closer to unconsciousness. When the darkness finally claimed her, he smiled ever wider.

"Can you heal her?" Smed muttered to himself, talking to his inner demon as he walked towards her.

"I know it's not your thing, but I don't want much. Just close up her wounds. Keep 'er from bleedin' out," he continued, passing a claw over Usagi's bloody cheek.

"Maybe something to keep her from 'portin' around, too."

A few more moments of silence.

"If you do this for me, I'll make sure she suffers. You'll have a proper feast on your hands. Maybe I'll even let ya out to have some fun, eh?"

Another pause, and then Smed grinned ear to ear. He put a hand against her chest, and it did just that. Her wounds stopped bleeding (although they were far from healed), and a permanent sigil appeared on the back of her neck, blocking out her shadow powers.

Medievarad

Out of nowhere. A creature appeared at the edge of the clearing Smed and Usagi were currently in. It didn't move. It merely watched the exchange between Smed and the demon.

As soon as the mark appeared the creature let out a statisfied snarl. Before turning around and dissappearing into nothingness again.

To Smed's demon. This apparition would've also been identified as a demon. Yet his standing or power it held unknown. As if it.didn't exist.

DaGlobster

Smed was in the process of getting ready to drag Usagi out back to his men before Smed's demon called his attention out towards the apparition. It disappeared right as Smed turned around, and he groaned, shaking his head.

"Ain't nothing there, you daft bastard."

He grabbed Usagi by the collar and dragged her back to his men. They all looked at her and grinned, including the ogre, and Smed wagged a finger at them.

"Ah, not yet boys. You'll all have your turn. We gotta get her back to the nearest outpost, and the quicker we move, the quicker we'll get there."

Usagi was stripped of all of her weapons (she was checked very thoroughly), but she was left with her clothes on so she wouldn't freeze to death at night. She was tied up, and handed to the ogre for transportation. Two other goblins took it upon themselves to carry their dead.

-----------------
Usagi was kept unconscious for the duration of the trip by a combination of blunt force trauma and demon magic.

When she woke up, she'd be shackled in what could pretty much be summed up as an empty shed. It wasn't a totally ramshackle one, as the floor was wood, but it wasn't the most comfortable accommodations. The shed itself was around twenty feet by twenty feet, and it was barren, save for the shackle mounts on the back wall (to which she was attached to by the ankles, wrists, and neck by chains that didn't let any part of her move more than five feet away from the wall), and a steel pole in the center, which had hooks for shackles going up its length.

She was fully clothed.

Medievarad

Usagi had woken several times during the transport. That explained the bruises on the back of her head. And she woke once more. Expecting another smack to knock her out, but the smack never came. She opened her eyes fully and looked over the shack, arching an eyebrow.

The shadows had fallen silent to her.

DaGlobster

She was alone for around half an hour before motion and voices could be heard at the door. It was Smed, and two other, laughing as they chatted.

The door opened, flooding the inside of the shed with light. Smed, accompanied by two orcs carrying a chest.

"Oh, good! You're awake!"

The orcs set the chest down, and stood by the door, leaving it open so there was light. through the door, Usagi would be able to see a small fraction of what looked to be an outpost in th forest. It wasn't the largest, mostly used as a safehouse and a resupply point for Smed's gangers operating in the area, but it was comprised of around six wooden buildings and surrounded by a camoflauged wooden palisade.

Medievarad

Usagi squinched her eyes at the sudden influx of light. She hissed slowly as she heard Smee's voice. "What did you do?" She rattled in her restraints. "And how?"

DaGlobster

"Innit obvious?" Smed said.

"I locked you up!"

The two orcs at the door laughed to themselves, one of them saying something in a derisive tone of voice.

"But enough about me, let's talk about you," Smed said, and he opened the chest. He reached in, and brought out a cat-o-nine-tails, testing the leather braids and delighting in how the whip's handle felt in his hands.

"Like, for instance, who hired you to kill me?"

Medievarad

"I wasn't referring to that, shit for brains," Usagi hissed bitterly, "why can't I use my powers and kill you again?" She smirked slowly, rattling her chains and opening her hands. "You really don't know how assassinations work?" She chuckled slowly. "I get a coinpurse and a target. I don't even know who contacts me."

DaGlobster

Smed looked at Usagi for a moment, and then back to the orcs, and then back to her. Without saying anything else, he raised the whip and lashed her right in the side, and then brought it back up to whip her again.

He just sort of started laying it onto her, whipping her again and again like he was venting his rage on her. When he was done, he dropped the whip.

"'least I know you're not a bounty hunter now. Shadow ranger, then?"

Medievarad

Usagi closed her eyes, crying out in pain, her hands clawing the air painfully. She bit down on the stitches on her left lip, a trickle of blood running down from it.

She looked up as the flocking seemed to be over, she grinned and spat, "they were the first that tried to kill me.. I hate them.."

DaGlobster

Smed laughed.

"Former shadow ranger then," he said, and he clapped his hands. The two orcs moved up to stand by his side.

"I like the way she screams. Make her scream some more for me."

And so, one of the orcs stepped in and kicked Usagi right in the stomach, the both of them laughing as the other moved in to punch her right on the cheek before she could recover.

Medievarad

"Release me.and I'll make you scre-" the threat was interrupted.by a loud grunt as she coughed and gasped for air, another punch against her cheek caused her to spit out some blood. "Let me go.. I'll kill you both.." She spat once more.

DaGlobster

"You're not very good at negotiation," Smed commented.

"At least tell me you know who I am. That you know what's gonna happen to you."

Medievarad

Usagi chuckled slowly, glinting at the three. "I don't know what is funnier," she smirked weakly, "you thinking that you three spineless cowards intimidate me.. Or the very notion that you think I can't handle pain.."

DaGlobster

"Oh, I have no doubt that you can handle pain. But ultimately, I don't give a flying fuck whether you're intimidated or not. I don't care if you sit there all stoic and take the pain. I still get my kicks regardless."

"And really, it's not me you should be worried about."

Another smile, and once again, that dim red glow came from his eyes.

Medievarad

Usagi's eyes widened in fear. But it wasn't of Smed. Nor his demonic traits. It was the creature that was standing behind him. The demon that had stood in the woods and witnessed.

While it was invisble to anyone but Smed and Usagi, she pressed herself closer against the wall, paling. "Please.. Kill me.." She whispered silently.

The demon only stepped forward. A voice emanating from it. Directed to Smed. Or rather the demon that resided within him. "Her soul is mine. It has been entitled to me since her birth." The hollow voice stated slowly, raising the black sword. "I do not care what happens to her physically."

DaGlobster

Smed started a bit at the sudden appearance of this shadowy demon, but he knew how these things worked. He'd had similar problems in the past.

Smed waved the two orcs away, and he waited for them to leave before letting his demon respond.

"Then you are too late," his demon snarled. Out of the hellish smoke that rose from Smed's shoulders, only two eyes appeared, although the cloud of smoke took up a greater space than the interloper. The eyes were hellish slashes of baleful, red fire.

Smed's demon was powerful, and incredibly old. Smed had found the thing sealed away in a deep, forgotten cavern in his father's mine. It was a day the goblin would never forget, as it was the day that he became who he was.

Smed did not know who or why his demon was imprisoned (he never asked), but Smed's demon was an ancient devil, sealed away by the rest of the underworld as it was deemed too dangerous, even for demonic society.

Perhaps the interloper would recognize it.

"Leave, before I destroy you."