Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Gaze into the rift! Admire the view! [M]

Started by Medievarad, March 21, 2016, 08:04:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medievarad

Seldon nodded slowly, softly squeezing her hand with a pained smile. "Even if it's just to protect the house. To protect father.. To protect you," he whispered, "I will control this."

He gazed down in her eyes. This was going to be alright. He knew that he could always trust Petrin. Time and time again had she proven just how much Seldon could rely on her. "I'm sure Mattie'll understand aswell, but we shouldn't tell the other servants," he offered. During his time as a little child, he loathed Mattie, but the older he got, the more he liked the energetic old woman. And it was onviojs the feeling was mutual.

visualspice

Her smile, though sad, was also a proud one. She moved a hand to brush some of his white hair from his face.
"You look so different," she laughed weakly. But then her gaze grew serious again. "We can explain all this..." Her eyes shined with the idea. "A small white lie... That you were protecting us.... A mage... The darkness and you.... Our hero."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Medievarad

Seldon nodded softly. "They'll hunt me if they find out the truth," Seldon answered, taking a deep and soft breath. "But it's the only way.."

visualspice

"They don't need to know you have magic, Sel. They don't."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Medievarad

Seldon nodded softly. "True," he answered as he stood up with a soft sigh. "I hear.. Whispers, so much voices.."

visualspice

She continued to look into his eyes, fearful for him as she asked, "What do they say?"

Medievarad

"I can't.. They're too silent, too numerous," Seldon answered with a sad smile. "Just whispers.."

visualspice

"Then ignore them. Don't listen," she encouraged. "Like the wind." And her eyes refocused elsewhere, as she let her own powers caress them both. "It's just a breeze.. unnoticeable. But be careful." She warned, placing a hand on his. "Even the winds can cause death."

Medievarad

Seldon nodded slowly. "I know," he whispered as he looked down on the palm of his hand. A wisp of black energy surrounding it again.

visualspice

She saw it, and took his hand, and slowly guided him to curl it closed. Her eyes sought his.
"Can you control it?" she asked. "These dark wisps?" Her voice lowered.

Medievarad

"I think.. I can," Seldon answered. "This.. Power," he closed his fist again as he looked at Petrin. "It's nearly limitless.. I can control a seperate dimension, where everything is rendered null and void.."

visualspice

At such a revelation, she felt prickles of fear tingle her all over. But she drew in a breath,a nd tried to remain strong.
"Most magic may seem it. But being with magic.... It'st he Gods way of blessing you with a little of the powers like their own." She touched his hand, trying hard not to fear touching her own brother's hand. But the black tendrils had once been there, and it was unnerving and making her heart hammer harder.

"With such power... you know it was given to you, so you can be responsible for it. Not like-" And she paused, hesitating and deciding to drop what she was going to saw as she smiled awkwardly and dropped her gaze.
"Never mind..." She shook her head and looked at him again. "I'm just glad you're okay."

But it was only then she began to wonder... who else would notice before they came scouring the castle to see if the siblings were safe? She took his hand suddenly and gave it a squeeze.

"We need to confirm the story... as to what happened to you," she said. SHe looked into his eyes. "So there's no question when another asks."

Medievarad

Seldon nodded. He could always count on Petrin for sage advice. She was correct. He knew that all magic had it's limits. But she didn't feel what he did, she hadn't seen what he had seen.

He glanced at Petrin, giving her an assuring, yet sad smile. "I'd never abuse it, sis. You know me."

He put a hand on her shoulder, returning the squeeze. "We do," he answered. "We'll have to stage it as an assassination attempt.."

visualspice

At that, her smile grew, but also became more wrenched in sadness.
"Yeah.... and you'll be a hero.. you know that?"

Medievarad

"That always used to be Toma's job, huh," Seldon answered with a sad smile.

visualspice

"He was a good traction.." she went on, somberly. "Is.. still is a good one...."

Medievarad

Seldon nodded slowly. "I miss him," he said as he glanced outside the window.

visualspice

"I do too."
And she moved to hug him, holding him close as her eyes threatened with tears.

Medievarad

Seldon returned the hug as he grit his teeth. He rested his chin on Petrin's shoulder, fighting back his own tears.

visualspice

It was at that moment the pair were found, first by a servant, a young thing who took one look at the young master and nearly fainted after her scream. It was a domino effect after that, and soon the entire castle seemed to be cramming it's way into Seldon's room.

Petrin could barely get a word in, trying to reassure everyone Seldon was okay. That she was okay. That the castle was okay and that- when finally they'd hear her out, she gestured to her brother and gave him a clumsy, lopsided grin.

"He's our hero. We should be thanking him he lost only his hair and eye color to that thing. It was a monster, stark and terrible. I ain't never seen anything like it."