Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Gaze into the rift! Admire the view! [M]

Started by Medievarad, March 21, 2016, 08:04:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medievarad

Seldon was honestly surprised at the reaction and dashed forward to grab the servant before she dropped to the ground, instead softly lowering her.

And so, the rest of the servants of their house tried to force themselves into his room, causing the normally reserved and perhaps even shy Seldon to take several steps back, glancing at Petrin. "I think it was some kind of demon," he started. "It was all dark and black, then it approached me. I managed to keep it busy untill Petrin arrived."

visualspice

"A demon in Wallund? What is this war coming to?"

"It's like dark forces are coming out to smite us all. This was never the will of Ansgar. He never wanted us to strike out at the snake, only contain him. Even snake's have a purpose, you know."

And other such conversations went on through the room, causing even Petrin, who could keep a level head, to get dizzy.

"Please, please, everyone, I know you're all worried but we're safe.. really," her voice pressed, eyes sincere. She turned to Seldon. "He's our hero... The Hero of Wallund. We shouldn't be fearful, not of him or what has happened, but thankful we were blessed and spared."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Medievarad

Seldon nodded and stepped forward. "Be it monster or demon," he started after Petrin was done, "I will protect my home. My friends and family. I will protect the ones who reside here. I have done that just now and I will again."

He smirked softly. "Even if it turns my hair purple and my eyes completely yellow."

visualspice

Some of the nervousness was eased by the laughter now vibrating through the room. Petrin smiled proudly at her brother and hugged him, kissing his cheek softly.

"In any case, we should at least check through the keep and the rest of Wallund." She nodded to her brother. "Would you wish to stay here? Keep things in order while I rally a few men to scout?"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Medievarad

He let out a soft laughter aswell, glad that it was good recieved before he turned in the hug, nodding at Petrin. "That sounds like a good idea."

visualspice

She gave his hand a light squeeze.
"Rest well and do a thorough search to ensure the manor is safe. I'll get Sir Thentil, Sir Marley and a few others and we'll be back within a few short hours. But try to rest until I return, alright? Drink some of father's wine if you need to." She gave him a crooked smile. "May Ansgar's blessing keep you safe, brother." And she moved to leave the room, calling out to her men.

Medievarad

"May he keep you safe aswell, sister," Seldon answered with a solemn nod. "I will take care of the house and make sure I rest." He smirked slowly. Perhaps he would crack open a bottle. Hell knew he needed it.

As Petrin left with her men, Seldon settled at his desk and frowned slowly. Opening his hand and conjuring a black whisp of energy. "Ignore the whispers, it's just wind," he murmured to himself.

visualspice

She was worried the entire time she was gone, but it seemed more than just the castle had been effected by the strange, temporary dark. Though uneasy from this news, she continued on and made sure the citizen's of Wallund were safe. Once those obligations were settled, she made haste to return to the castle, and once inside, she immediately sought out her brother, hoping he was still alright in her absence.

Medievarad

Seldon looked up at Petrin as she entered his room again, frowning. "Is everything alright?" He inquired, putting a piece of charcoal down and standing up.

visualspice

Petrin paused in midstride to regard her younger brother. Sighing, she smiled and nodded her head.
"Of course. Just some people noted the black out, but everything in Wallund seems well." She paused a moment, and though smiling, her expression was laced with concern. She took a step nearer to him.
"How about you...? I see you're hair is still.... different."

Medievarad

"I think it's permament, sis," he replied with a pained smile. "Same for the eye." He rubbed the back of his neck. "I can't ignore them, the voices.. If I'm talking to you, I can. But when it gets silent and I'm alone." He took a deep sigh.

visualspice

"Voices?" she dared to take further steps towards her brother, curiosity and concern glowing in her eyes.

Medievarad

"The same whispers and voices you told me to ignore.. Like the wind," he answered with a slow sigh. "There's just too many of them.."

visualspice

Petrin frowned and placed a hand on his cheek, hoping to guide his eyes to her's. There was a strangeness to his eyes, one that was hard to shake. The shock of his transformation, this deformity would take some time to get used to. But she smiled, although it was a sad one. She could still see her baby brother in there.

"The winds don't speak to me. Not like that anyway."
He knew well enough she had some semblance of control of the winds, but what this darkness, this corruption to her brother was....
She didn't like it. And knew if it became as bad as she dreaded, she'd vow to find a way to stop it, to cure it, or help him at least live through it.

Medievarad

Seldon nodded slowly as his eyes met her. Returning the same sad smile as he laid his hand on hers. "It's still me," he said with a soft whisper.

visualspice

She rested her other hand atop of his and looked into his eyes.
"I know, Seldon," she told him softly, patting his hand. "I know." But something sent a shiver down her spine. She knew this was just the beginning, and whatever was to come- would be as radical and intense as the changes to his hair and eyes.

Medievarad

"As long as you do," he answered with another sad smile, before stepping back and walking over to the window, stretching his back. "It's a fine day, Petrin," he murmured as he looked outside.

visualspice

Her lips trembled a little as her grin grew leftward.
"Aye, that it is," she told him softly. "Shall we go for a ride?" she asked, after a time of silence as she moved to stand beside him. "I think we could both use it to clear our heads."

Medievarad

Seldon nodded softly. "Now there's an idea," he said with a soft grin, glancikg back and forth between Petrin and the window.

After a short while, he stood up and nodded. "Let's go."

visualspice

Petrin gave him a gentle smile before it turned coy as she challenged, "I'll race ya to the horses."
And without any other warning, she bolted out of the room and towards the stairs.