Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

What The Tides Dragged In

Started by visualspice, March 28, 2016, 07:22:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

OOC: This thread is open by request! If interested, PM me!

The storm had rushed their ship and tore it apart with merciless fury, scattering it to toothpick sized pieces.

He could feel it coming, knew the power unwelcomed him there, but that's how he knew he was getting close.... For years beyond counting he had been looking for his home, desperately raking the oceans for a clue, any clue...
And then he got a bite. It was the raw power of his child-goddess calling out to him, begging for him to reach her- begging for him to reawaken her people.
And just when he began to feel the ancient powers so deep within the ocean...
A storm came out of no where, rocked the seas, and rocked his boat until it was tossed on its side and smashed to pieces by one hungering, hulk of a wave. He and his men were tossed over board, but it was nighttime, and it was chaos.

He fought against the waves until the darkness and frailty of his form over took him. But it seemed the ocean took pity on him, or he was just one lucky guy, for 'Seven of the Sea' now lay face first in the sands, his body in tangles with sea weed and debris.

But he was breathing. He was alive. And a seagull saw fit to perch right on his bum. The bird couldn't know the thing laying there wasn't more than some driftwood for it to perch, so there it would remain, preening it's wings and enjoying the sunshine of the day.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

Raizel wasn't entirely sure where she was.

Everything was very unfamiliar.

Which was normal for her, she supposed.

Aki flew high above, keeping an eye on her and his surroundings.

The smell of the ocean was unfamiliar. Entirely new. It didn't gnaw at her mind like the smell of the forest did. It didn't claw at her insides like the scent of blood and smoke. It didn't make her palms itch like the sound of the river did. It didn't make her broken winged back ache like the cold weather did.

Raizel frowned, looking up, her hood falling away to show her neat little bob of hair and the pale white hair at the front. Raizel was a beautiful woman, ice blue eyes, plush lips. A pointed chin. She was very 'elven' looking and it wasn't just the delicate point of ears that poked from her hair. A delicate face more fit for a refined lady than the justice seeker she liked to pretend to be.

Garbed in black and bits of metal - a pauldron on the left side - she was at least a little intimidating. Aki bolted down suddenly with a sharp cry and Raizel took off, cloak flowing behind her like a pair of beautiful black wings and she saw...

Aki trying to claw at a seagull.

What.

"Aki," Raizel grumbled, stepping into the sand, "Leave the damn bird alo--."

That was a body.

Raizel looked around, crouching down, wrists resting on her knees.

She reached forward and nudged the persons shoulder while Aki and the Seagull made awful bird noises at one another.

"Hey," She nudged them again, frowning and tilting her head, "Are you dead?" Another nudge, "I can't imagine sand and ocean water tastes very good if you aren't dead."

visualspice

It seemed enough nudging had awoken the man, who grumbled and coughed as he inhaled the damp, crusty sands. He wasn't all there, somewhere between the lost time he had left consciousness and began to eat sand in a bird shrieking reality. But he caught part of what she asked as he grumbled, face still pressed to the beach.

"So would it taste very good if I were dead?"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

Raizel caught his shoulder and pushed him onto his back, kneeling beside him and brushing sand from his face. He looked crusty from ocean water and there was a brief moment of stmpathy for the poor man. "Probably no," she replied, ruffling sand fom his hair, "but youd be dead, so who cares what would be tasty?"

visualspice

Once on his back, he continued to sputter water and sand. With a groan, he managed to open his eyes into slits. He winced at the sun, blue eyes still visibly rich, entrancing. They were the same hue as his sea salt stained silk attire, and all his golden jewelry shined like the blinding sun. He could barely make out the woman above him as his brows knit together and he pursed his lips.  Despite having a sand beard, the man's face was clean shaven with a strong jaw. And despite being haggard, he was dangerously handsome, even more so when he grinned.

"Hey.... Did I die and go to heaven?"

Draconian

Raizel barked out a laugh, still wiping sand off the poor man. Of course she took notice of how handsome he was - she'd be dead not to - but it wasnt time time or the place to appreciate strangers facial features. "Maybe," she replied honestly, "i always considered it  a sort of second chance myself."

Raizel smoothed sand from his features, taking a moment to take off her gloves so she could do a better job of it. "Did you pass out drunk on the beach?" A tilt of her head and she leaned in to take a sniff, "you dont smell like booze, Sand-Man."

visualspice

"No, I suppose I wouldnt," he replied, grin crooked as she continued to brush away sand. Some got in his eye as he turned away, trying to rub it out. "I'm not much of a drinker. Too light weight and too busy."

Draconian

"Sorry," she muttered when he started to rub at his eye. Raizel looked around, "you look like a light weight," she commented before moving to stand up, hand on his arm, "can you stand? We should probably get some water in you."

visualspice

The man groaned.
"I think I drank enough water, well, at least salty sea water." He rubbed at his dry lips before peering up at her and looked at his hand.
"I could try to stand and could try some water... assuming you wouldn't just pick me up to take me back out to sea," he went on, playfully.

Draconian

Raizel tilted her head curiously, almost birdlike in nature and posture before she smiled the littlest bit. "Do you belong in the sea? A mer-prince perhaps, washed ashore and needing a helping hand?" She squeezed his arm gently, getting a firmer grip. "C'mon, the sun and sea water have done you no good. Youll start hallucinating soon, no doubt."

visualspice

He gave her a crooked grin.
"Mer-prince, perhaps not, or I'd be a pretty awful one if I were. Though I'm sure I'm handsome enough to claim the title as royalty." His smile cracked wider. "Maybe I'm some Prince of the Seas?"

He was moving with her now to stand, the world around him rocking like a boat on the ocean. He held onto her side for support, but never did he once lose his smile.

"What happens if I were to start hallucinating?" he asked, batting his eyes flirtatiously. "I can't imagine a quick remedy might have washed ashore with me! Though perhaps you'd have to carry me, or stroke my rich colored hair and tell me what a good sea prince I am while leading me off to some unsuspecting location. Either way," he went on, grin getting bigger. "I'm still forever in your debt, my lady."

Draconian

"Raizel," She supplied, hauling him along. She'd never been overly cautious - finding herself with an impressive set of skills for combat - but she'd never been very warm or friendly either. She scoffed at him, "You're a good sea prince," She added with a smirk. It didn't take long to haul him to her things, a plain pack with various things attached to it - mostly for camping. Rifling through it she found a canteen, opening it, sniffed it she took a sip and then handed it to him.

"It's just water, you should drink it, and then you can help me help you," She sat down on the grassy area past the sand and knocked her boots against the dirt to get the sand off them. The large raven that had been bothering the seagull fluttered ever so gently onto the top of her head and Raizel just frowned.

visualspice

The man accepted, and drank hungrily of the water until there was not even a drop. He moaned and just sat there, revealing in the feeling of being at least somewhat hydrated. But he still felt parched, and the tip of his nose itched, which he used the back of his wrist to scratch.

"So.. Raizel was it?" he gave her a grin, and stared at the top of her head. "Nice bird." He offered back the canteen and gestured up. "Is she yours?"

Draconian

"Yes," She confirmed, waiting a beat for him to introduce himself. Instead he mentioned the bird and handed back her canteen. A smirk and Raizel went about filling it from the water skin - a bigger bag of water that was awkward to drink from - and gave her head a little wobble, Aki staying firming on her head. Staring down at the Sea Prince with beady little eyes.

"Aki is... His own bird," She supplied, giving the canteen back, full of fresh water, "I simply raised him," A smirk and she looked to her cloak, the neck lined with black feathers, "You should say he's my family." Raizel reached forward, pressing a hand to the strangers face, movements clinical, "What should I call you? Sea Prince? Damsel in Distress?" Raizel smirked, "I think I'll go with Damsel."

visualspice

"Damsel?" he laughed, the sound clear as a bell. "Can't say I've ever taken on that moniker before." He hummed thoughtfully, "How about we settle on Seven? Some say it's a lucky number, maybe it's also a lucky name? I mean, I do feel awfully lucky, being rescued and all but a pretty lady and her pretty,e r- handsome bird," he went on, giving the bird a grin.

Draconian

"Seven," Raizel repeated, "that sounds more like a nickname than a name," she rolled her shoulders and wiggled the canteen at him. "Drink. Then rest," she nodded her head forward and Aki fluttered to the ground, "We'll further your luck, Seven, and watch over you," Raizel smiled.

"Gonna have a sunburn you think?"

visualspice

"Sunburn?" he gave a faux look of repulsion. "A prince of the sea does not fall prey so easily to the whims of the sun! Why... who would ever think this fine skin of mine could ever mar?" And he put out his arm for emphasis, showing off it's nice tone and color while taking a drink.

Draconian

Raizel smirked, "Because I'm fair as snow and assume everyone also goes lobster red like I do." She gave his arm a friendly pat and looked around, "how did you come to wash ashore, Seven? Do you remember?"

visualspice

"Lobster red? Why.. that could be a lovely color on you," he joked, and even flirted. His grin remained, even at her last question as he gave a shrug. "Just a bad storm. It seems the ocean didn't want to have anything to do with me. So..." he gestured towards himself and the beaches. "Here I am."

Tags: