Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

To the sound of the dancing bones! (M)

Started by Mephistel, April 02, 2016, 01:51:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mephistel

It was hot and humid in the forest. The sounds of every creatures could be heard as easily as in an open plain. birds humming, bugs buzzin. The flight of animals moving trough the bushes. The wet and muddy ground, it had probably rained the day before. The sky was still grey, for what the young men could tell from what he saw trough the thick branches and leaves over his head. He had been traveling for 3 days already in the deeps of the forest. From Thanatos to here had been a long journey, there was a place in these woods where he wanted to go.

As odd as he would look right now, in his clumsy clothes, which were slightly too big for him in order to cover for his thin body, he was getting tired. All this walk wasn't easy as a breeze but he knew his goal was close. Hearing the crickets, he knew nightfall was coming, but it wasn't the time to stop, sleeping in the woods was a bit risky after all, even if he could defend himself. At the very least, he didn't wanted to get soak again from the rain. As it was reigning present and howering in the skies. Tonight would be more of a storm then a gentle rain.

Adjusting the bag over his shoulder, he kept going, his hair falling over his face, his black eyes turned forward, there was still a long way to go. Pressing on, his feet eventually just kept moving by themselves as he grew more and more tired. He would only pause to drink some water and eat a bite or two of the remainings of his rations. The map he had bought never mentionned the temple was so far in the forest. He frown a little, swiping away the sweat on his forehead and kept going.

Only has the stars were making their way into the sky that the young man finally reach the foot of the temple, a gigantic lot of stairs awaiting him to get to the door. Taking out a torch to lit his path, he let out a sigh and started graveling the stairs, one by one, if that wasn't determination, he didn't knew what it was.

Steadily climbing, he reached the door about 5 minutes later, at the end of his lungs and took a few minutes to pause. From what he had gathered, there was a circular chamber in the middle of the temple, filled with magical energy, something he could use to summon a powerful being from the spiritual world.

These circles would usually fit with there environnment, so there was no garantee as to what he would be summoning, but it didn't matter to him, he wanted to experiment this for himself. Watching out for traps and using his smaller summon to survey the place, he manage his way trough the temple without too much problem. Except from some minor cuts and light bleeding, he got in one piece to the center of the temple. The place was a lot like the old tale temple, built like a pyramid with a high roof and a gigantic circular room as the center. The whole place was built on rock and stones, with many statues of ancient divinities and mystical lore creatures.

Would one of them appear before him tonight? Walking slowly toward the center, his footsteps reverbating trough the place, he pick up his stuff and started getting ready for the ritual. Tracing the circles and magical words on the ground, the candles which he lit one by one with the right words. Chanting and calling to the spiritual world. His voice was warm and certain and as the ritual was taking place, he grew more and more excited.

At the end of his chanting, the circle started to shine with a bright light and he could feel the magical aura of the being coming here....but which one was it?

Medievarad

It had been a long time since someone used one of the ancient rites to summon one of Celophe's underlings from the depths of hell. She was just minding her bussiness untill she felt the mental pang of someone trying to summon a demon. And not just any demon that served the Scaled Demoness, no. The Scaled Demoness herself, Celophe had been called forth. This made the serpentine demon curious.

As the light dimmed again, a set of massive doors that seemed to have surfaced from hell itself became visible. With a loud hiss and a vile smoke, the doors opened and Celophe slithered outside, staring to look around. Meanwhile the doors slammed shut again.

She glanced past Crow, ignoring him as if he wasn't present. Obviously looking for something, before her gaze rested on the man before here. "Where is your master, boy?" She inquired with a slow flick of her tail. A soft hiss following each of her words

Mephistel

Crow looked with a grin as the doors of hell appeared before him, the ritual was working and what happened was more then he expected. He was glad he had used the magical advantage of this temple to rise the chance of summoning a powerful one. As the serpentine beauty passed him by, he observed her. Once she ask him where his master was, he answered swiftly.

-You'll find no master of mine...demoness, I am the one who called out to you.-

He said, looking at her, with his inquisitive look. This wasn't the first time he had summoned other things then the dead, but this time, it was far more impressive then the usual lesser monster from other small planes of existence.

He extended his arms on each side of his body.

-I am Crow Godwing, a pleasure to meet you!-

He said with a soft following bow to the demoness.

Medievarad

Her eyes narrowed, brow furrowed as she folded her arms over her chest. She kept staring at Crow for several seconds before bursting out in laughter. "You are trying to goad me into believing a mere child summoned me?!" Another laughing fit followed her words.

She set herself up straight again, folding her arms as she towered above Crow. "I am Celophe, the Scaled Demoness," she answered as her voice turned cold and emotionless. "Why did you seek this conversation?"

Mephistel

Crow let her laughed all she wanted, he didn't mind much as this was probably a surprise to both of them. He stood back straight as the demoness was making herself more impressive.

-Far from me to seek to lie to one such as yourself...-

He said as he looked upon Celophe. He was impressed and curious. To be in the presence of a powerful being like this was not something just any common mortal could do. He had no false hope about this, if that demoness wanted him dead, she could probably took his head off without much then a slit of her tail. As she finally seems to aknowledge him as her summoner, he spoke.

-I seek knowledge...power, my desire burn to understand the world of the unknown...-

He said, with a sudden burst of passion. This man had no fear of danger if any to find the answers to his questions.

Medievarad

"Oh. Really now." Celophe laid flat on the floor, slowly circling around Crow, before putting her claws on his shoulders and constricting him. Or trying to, atleast. The tail tightening around him if the constriction was succesful. "And what is in it for me, hm? Your eternal servitude? Your soul? The soul of a friend or lover?"

Mephistel

The young man didn't even try to move from his spot as the demoness was wrapping herself around him.

-As long as it benefit both of us, I don't care what it might be...I seek knowledge and power, you can offer me that? Then if my serving you will please you, then so be it...or is there something else you'd rather have?-

The young scholar didn't seemed all that much scared, despite the fact that his life was probably hanging in the hands...claws of the demoness. He knew in a fight, he wouldn't last long, unless that demoness wasn't powerful, but he highly doubt it.

-A mere soul won't stop me from obtaining what I desire...-

Medievarad

"Knowledge.. Power.. Such broad terms.." Celophe replied as she pressed her weight against him, probably knocking him to the ground. "But yes.. I can grant them. But. Humour me, what do you offer, child?"

Mephistel

Crow's expression, even down on the ground, didn't change.

-Broad...then should I be more poetic? I want to strip the world of it's mystery...and grasp every bit I can to control and use it as I please...-

But what could he offer her? That was an interesting question. What was it that she sought?

-I am a necromancer...I can call forth the dead for you, I can raise an army in your name and abide to your will...As I said...I am looking for our mutual benefit!-

He said. His black hair falling over his pale skin, but that curiosity, almost sickening in his eyes was brighter then ever.

Medievarad

She rested her chin on his chest, serpentine eyes looking up at him. "So. Eternal servitude?"

Mephistel

He looked at her. To be so close to a demon was a first for him, well, physically speaking. He was observing her as much as one could, and he had quite the view from his position.

-If it must, then it shall be...-

He said, nodding slowly. He wondered if there was a ritual to that agreement, certainly, this demoness wouldn't just take his words for granted. He was very curious to see how she would proceed, such a chance wasn't given to just anybody. He was thrill just to think of all the things he could experiment and try in the futur.

Medievarad

A soft chuckle resounded from Celophe. "Enjoying what you see, child?" She inquired with another smirk, her tongue slithering out to touch his face. "But, what does your eternal servitude offer me? Calling the dead is so.. stereotype," she stated with a soft hiss. She did always want her own human pet.

And Crow did fit the criteria for this exactly.

Mephistel

-I am..-

He said honestly, feeling the touch of her tongue on his skin. He felt a shiver down his spine. He didn't had to prove himself, well, that is what he tought.

-Dead...are merely the first...I want to unravel the world of demons...I want to release them into the world and see what happen...-

He paused, still on the ground, he could feel the coldness of the rock in his back.

-I'm a necromancer, dead might be stereotype but they obey and can't really die...what I can offer you is up to what you ask of me...-

Medievarad

"Intruiging," Celophe sat up slowly again, folding her arms. "You piqued my curiousity child. You are allowed to serve under me. And I shall repay your servitude with the knowledge you seek."

A soft exhale. "But, first, you'll have to prove your worth. There is a relic I want, not far from here," she smirked, "yet I am forbidden to enter there. Be a dear and fetch it for me?"

Mephistel

Slowly getting back up as well, he pushed a thread of hair from in front of his eyes, looking up the demoness with curiosity.

-A relic? -

He questionned. He was intrigued. But where and what?

-Certainly, but can you be more specific...a relic can be a lot of things...-

He wasn't a fool that would just run somewhere without asking questions first. He was willing to do her bidding but he needed more informations then just a relic.

-Like, it's location and what it is exactly that you seek...-

Medievarad

"Ofcourse, I was getting to that," she sat back, allowing Crow some space. "It's an idol, ivory. In a temple a few miles away from here," Celophe started, laying down next to Crow and starting to squirm circles around him. "Enough information?"

Mephistel

Crow had a small chuckle.

-Not quite...I'm to look for an ivory idol...but an idol of what..a god? Is it an owl...a fish? a human? And a temple a few miles away...south, west? North? -

The more precise the informations, the easier it would be to get. Knowledge was power, that he knew very well. He eventually got back on his feet, chasing the dust from his clothes as he looked at the more then attractive serpentine demoness. Now his new mistress.

-The more I know, the better I can serve you mistress..-

He said with a soft smirk.

Medievarad

"Shaped as one as myself," a soft, hissing chuckle left her. "Northeast, if you possess a map," her tongue flicked out as she stood up straight again, towering next to Crow. "I can point.it out."

Mephistel

-Very well...then let's be on our way...-

The young man said, nodding. He had indeed a map, he had work on it for a week or so to get here, it wasn't a few miles away that would lost him. Walking outside the first temple by taking back the same path he had gone to go in, he found himself back at the top of the stairs.

He pull out the map from his bag and opened it to find his way, using a compass to find where was the north then figuring out his route to the next temple.

Medievarad

Celophe let out a soft chuckle. "Lead the way, pet," she said with a fanged grin, slithering next to him while she kept herself up, staning several feet higher next to him.