Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

To the sound of the dancing bones! (M)

Started by Mephistel, April 02, 2016, 01:51:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mephistel

The presence of the demoness at his side was impressive, he was sure that if his father had seen such a thing, he wouldn't call him a weakling anymore. But that wasn't what mattered at the moment. After making sure he was on the right path, he climbed down the stairs and started walking into the woods.

He led them into the forest, heading north east. They had to cross a river before finally entering what seems to be the temple domain, with many effigies and other things of the sort, set in stones.

-Well then...seems like that idol should be inside...if you can't get in, then the rest is up to me...I shouldn't be too long...-

On that, he moved ahead while chanting a few spells, in order to defend against any enchantment the temple may have left behind as defensive systems. Summoning to skeleton bird to scout ahead as well as he made his way in.

Medievarad

Celophe looked around, nodding slowly as she slithered over the effigies to start to study them, making a dismissive gesture at Crow as he dove into the temple.

Mephistel

Crow walked inside the temple, taking one of the torch as he lit it with a snap of his fingers. The two skeleton birds had flown ahead and so far there was nothing much. Looking at the dead body of a rat, he called it forth and sent it ahead to look for ground traps.

That proved to be a good idea as the rat activated a few of them, preventing Crow to fall in them at his turn. He swiftly made his way trough, reaching a cross road. Looking around and examining the walls filled with writtings and ancient text, he took the time to memorized them by simply looking at them since his memory could remember everything he saw, even if only once or briefly.

The two birds came back and showed him the way toward the center of the temple. He walked for a while, once again, weary of any traps. Reaching for the main chamber, he saw, on an altar, the idol he was looking for. Ivory and shape like Celophe.

He could hear the hissing of snakes in the side of the walls, certainly, one wrong move and they would be released on him. Summoning for his necromantic blade in case. The green blade shown with a bright and eerie light in the dark, the hilt also made of black energy almost looked solid, ornate with a skull.

He moved forward, carefully, without activating any traps this time and walked up to the idol. It was standing there but again, he knew it was protected. There was a reason Celophe couldn't come in.

Medievarad

Celophe wandered around outside the temple as Crow ventured in. After a short while, she really got bored and went on her way to antagonise the local wildlife.

The idol was surrounded by an invisible, yet immensly powerful barrier. No magic being would get in, or out.

Mephistel

After making sure no traps were set, the young man took the idol from it's pedestal and made his way back with it, hiding it in his sleeves, among other things. On his way back, he proceeded with the same caution then to go in, finding himself soon back at the entrance as he looked for Celophe.

She probably had ventured somewhere, so he started to look around for her. Such a being would be easy to find wouldn't it? He started to look around and eventually further into the forest.

Medievarad

She was found in a small pond, everything but her head submerged as she prowled around in the waters. It was some kind of refreshment. And it was a very different temperature than a bath. It was way cooler. And Celophe found she enjoyed this thoroughly

She looked up at Crow and slowly slithered forward through the water, soft ripples starting on the surface. Celophe put her arms on the shore and rested her chin on the back of her hand. "So you returned."

Mephistel

After a short walk trough the woods, he finally found her, bathing in a pond. He wondered if it was any pleasant. At any rate, he was glad he found her quickly.

-I have...and with the idol you were seeking...-

He said, taking out the small ivory idol from his sleeve. A small skeletal bird was perched on his shoulder. He extended his hand toward her, holding the idol.

Medievarad

"Hm, I see," Celophe said as she grabbed the idol and looked over the idol. A spiteful expression pulled across her face as she crunched the idoo in her claws. "Good." She said with a bitter tone, looking up at Crow. "You have done well. And I will keep my end of the bargain." She rose from the water, glancing at the remnants of the idol. She snorted and spat at it.

A soft his resounded as her spit slowly started to dissolve the pieces and corroding thriugh the rock underneath.

Mephistel

Well, so much for his work. He looked back at Celophe, he would gain the knowledge he seek and was glad with it. This would certainly prove useful in his futur research.

-So...any chance you'd tell me why you wanted that idol?-

He asked, taking a mental note that the serpentine demoness could spit acid.

Medievarad

"Hm?" She glanced down at Crow. "Firstly, it was uglier than I remember. Secondly, it was a curse exerted on me. That thing cut off my entrance to that temple. I don't like being restricted."

Mephistel

Crow found it funny that she put the fact that the idol was ugly before the restraint it put on her but he didn't made any comments, that wasn't his place after all.

-I see...-

He said, with a small amused smile.

-Of course been restricted can become quite..annoying...-

He nodded. Even tough he had restricted himself right now, it was all in order to achieve greater goals. Bu now he wonder under which form would she be giving him the knowledge, books? Ancient text? Many things came to mind but he was eager to know.

Medievarad

"Oh. Your reward, heh." She answered dryly. "Be specific. What ancient knowledge do you seek? To augment your abilities? Of the arcane kind or to produce toxins? There is a lot to take in and I can't teach you everything at the same time."

Mephistel

He wished he could learn all at the same time, but he doubt this would be efficient. He nodded, thinking which to begin with. He was interested in all of them, but he finally made his choice.

-Please dear mistress, I would very much like to hear about the arcane one, and if it can help at all, the toxins next and then about the abilities ones...-

He said.

-In that order...-

Medievarad

"Arcane, huh. Wich school? Pyromancy? Electromancy. Cryomancy perhaps? Or necromancy?" She inquired with a softly raised eyebrow.

Mephistel

He smiled a little, and then again, one hard choice. Necromancy was not the one he wanted, he already knew, but other school he was interested in.

-I'd like to learn all of them...but I suppose I'll begin with the Electromancy perhaps?-

He said, and nodding to show his decision.

Medievarad

"Electromancy, yes," she opened her hand as a spark of lightning fizzed to life. "Controlling and using lightnng and the likes. To paralyze or kill." She took a deep sigh as she stood up and put the claw on his head, closing her eyes.

And like that, she slowly let her own knowledge of the school of electromancy seep into his conciousness.

Mephistel

It was a strange feeling, as she transfer her own knowledge to him. He could feel it entering his mind, making its way in his subconscient. It was flowing into him like a river, it was almost making him feel dizzy, but he would stand it as it was yet another experience he had and would keep in memory.

Closing his eyes, he let the knowledge sink in and when the demoness would be done, he smiled. He now understood how that magic worked, it did seemed a bit complicated and it was dangerous for anyone without training or prior informations, which wasn't his case.

Starting with a small spark, he gathered his energy and tap into that pool of magical flow he had in himself, from the tip of his slender fingers, a snap of electricity emerge in front of his eyes. Yet another smile.

-Interesting...wonderful! Truly wonderful! Thank you!-

He said, bowing back to his mistress. He wondered if he could learn yet about others or if this kind of practice was a lot of burden on the demoness.

Medievarad

She pulled her hand back and closed the claw, nodding. "A piece of advice," she started, "you have the knowledge, but your body doesn't have the experience. Be careful with what you do, only after a few days, you'll be able to fully control it." She smirked. "Mentally and physically."

Mephistel

Crow nodded. Indeed, his body wouldn't just accept this new phenomenon so easily, he would need to practice, there was no point in rushing things anyway.

-I understand...tough, a human life is short...that is why I hate wasting time...-

He said softly. Not he desired so much immortality, more like, he wanted to use what he had to the best of his capabilities and fill everyday to the brim with as much knowledge as he could.

Medievarad

"Ah, yes. A fleeting human life," she smirked, "how dramatically poetic." She glanced over at the remaining pieces of the corroded idol and whipped it idly with her tail, before glancing at Crow. "Come. I have a portal to open," she stated, before slithering past him.